Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What if I don't feel like learning new tricks?"

Couldn't agree more as an Old Dog myself. B)

But I've got to say that I've been breaking that rule of late...and ACTUALLY giving PvP a chance.

My newest character has spent most of her time in BWB and I can't believe how much fun I've been having. I just hope that I'll feel the same way once she graduates to the 50+ campaigns.

Fallen WldKarde...Thanks for showing me that sometimes the unknown can be a blast!

Though she's still driven by a Knucklehead...at least it's a Knucklehead who is learning the ropes at last ;)

So what Outside of your comfort zone activities have the rest of you been up to?
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I genuinely can't believe this thread is still going:dizzy:

How is everyone and what's been the biggest Drama since I left 10mth ago :hushed:
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Found this in a master chest that ...um fell open... yeah that's right

It just fell open...sorta

Z7jgDcK.png

One of my favourite items.. :D

"The quality of mercy is not strained;
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven"

William Shakespeare - The Merchant of Venice.
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found this in a master chest that ...um fell open... yeah that's right

It just fell open...sorta

Z7jgDcK.png

One of my favourite items.. :D

"The quality of mercy is not strained;
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven"

William Shakespeare - The Merchant of Venice.

FB_IMG_1470627889874_zpsrom3qhu7.jpg

FB_IMG_1471135231890_zpsqqbo2qx1.jpg
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »

How is everyone and what's been the biggest Drama since I left 10mth ago :hushed:
    The biggest drama is almost certainly ZOS' perceived handling of cheats and exploits following the Cheat Engine scandal. But there are probably a number of other contenders too :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

The biggest drama is almost certainly ZOS' perceived handling of cheats and exploits following the Cheat Engine scandal. But there are probably a number of other contenders too :stuck_out_tongue:

Let'd not forget grouping tool drama, bans drama, servers maintenance drama, servers going down at unscheduled times drama ...
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    :/ 2nd anniversary badge on 2/28/2016, 291 days in game, [ according to Raptor ] and I only find this thread now.

<3 a haven of peace in this crazy place.

Started a Breton NB in AD, have only AD characters, all created after my main completed Gold.
    My main goal was the Master Angler Achieve, but I get side tracked :D
    Too much to do along the way.
    War....war never changes
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on Master Angler...sorta...but I have so many characters and don't really keep track of who fished where.

Is there a prize for being disorganized and well-meaning?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working on Master Angler...sorta...but I have so many characters and don't really keep track of who fished where.

The addon - Rare Fish Tracker is your fishing friend :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Absolutely best addon for fishing purposes. If you see my fishing guide on youtube you can see I have the addon active. Shows up as a little box and you set if you want it to highlight the fish you need or the fish you have. Also divides it so you know if you're missing ocean fish or lake fish etc.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    :) makes me want to re-think not having any add-ons
    I have these little lists reminding me where I found what fish, and it's guess work what water my missing fish are in :/

I've done pretty well, AD complete, one fish needed for Cyro, some Silver and Gold zones completed and not too many missing in unfinished zones lists.

My Nemesis is Coldharbour.
    For some reason I start getting antsy in that cold blue light so I don't fish too long there, and I have to walk/swim across the water to find the jumping fish!
    I just can't spot them easily.

War....war never changes
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How the heel is this thread still going with some of the same people
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    How the heel is this thread still going with some of the same people

Popcorn sustains us :wink:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <_< where can I get some of this "popcorn"
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    Made me smile to see this thread pop up today :)
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Made me smile to see this thread pop up today :)

I'm not sure that was intentional, but I wanted you to know I saw what you did there and I appreciate it!

"popcorn" --- "pop up"

Maybe it's just me?

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I saw that a ZOS person posted, I was so afraid it would say "this thread has been closed for managing to be completely off topic for more than a year."
    Edited by Stovahkiin on August 16, 2016 6:57PM
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    confessions:

sometimes i come here, click a random page number and just start to read for a bit....

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And down come the servers ...

popcorn_yes.gif

Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quick, get to the thread-mobile!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stovahkiin Popcorn puppy?
    9bb01ed5a44fd938447fb854f44a609d.jpg

So my PC bricked itself yesterday. Stuck in a Startup Repair loop. Tried all the standard things; System Restore, Safe Mode, even typed some random codes into Command Prompt. No joy unfortunately, so taking that to PC World tomorrow so someone else can try all the things.

Edit: I guess bricked is technically the wrong word, since it still turns on...
    Edited by Enodoc on August 16, 2016 10:33PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Stovahkiin Popcorn puppy?
    9bb01ed5a44fd938447fb854f44a609d.jpg

So my PC bricked itself yesterday. Stuck in a Startup Repair loop. Tried all the standard things; System Restore, Safe Mode, even typed some random codes into Command Prompt. No joy unfortunately, so taking that to PC World tomorrow so someone else can try all the things.

Edit: I guess bricked is technically the wrong word, since it still turns on...

Oh yes I believe that popcorn pup will do just fine, and as for your comp, I hope you get things sorted out soon.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried to find kitten popcorn, this is what I found:

96dEuKP.jpg

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I'll have to look into that. I think in my mess of addons I have some sort of fishing tracker (I keep seeing fishhooks in different colors on my maps) but I never really paid attention to it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get resurrected?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my PC back from the repair shop. Corrupted operating system apparently, so I have to install everything again from scratch, including Windows 8.1 (since it was originally a Windows 8). Won't be going back to Windows 10 though! Luckily I stuck the ESO data files on an external hard drive not too long ago, so if the copy-paste-repair method still works I won't have to download all 50+ GB of that again.

PTS might be another matter; does the copy-paste-repair method work for PTS if the source data is from Live? I know you used to be able to do Live EU - Live NA that way, but I'm not sure if that worked for PTS or not.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a8fdf58a7e4760e3326f70b6888ea724.jpg
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread - I feel much better after accidentally watching video on youtube about ESO, hoping for interesting background informations, just to turn out to be hate flame to all Skyrim fans, calling them *** for wanting Skyrim in MMO, and blaming them for ESO not having success - what a lie - those fans were between those, who bothered with subs before console launch, otherwise they wouldn't post anything on forums... And it connected with ZOS attacking any RP fans daring to share their passion for roleplaying on forums, after their beloved console launched, with screaming: this is MMO, not a singleplayer, never bothered to explain what they meant by it, attacking players for discussing what they would want in MMO, calling them armchair developers, eventhough those players paid them money when their game was close to end with subs model, I'm so glad I came to a friendly thread - maybe I can go play ESO again without having such pictures in my head. I don't eat popcorn, but sure I can find some drinks atleast :p.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I missed this thread in my forum absence...
    372665-ben-chandler.jpg

And no, that's not me...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *walks in and sits down, waiting for someone to do something funny*

O_o
This discussion has been closed.