Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Also, this thread always seems to get resurrected for DLC times!

Let's get it going again if it's dropped around E3. New DLC announcements etcetera!

I'll definitely keep this thread updated during the Bethesda press conference, or any news on ESO from E3 ;)

Been busy making guides for youtube with all these crafting changes!

Congrats on the upgrades and finally getting windows 10! I updated one rig, but have held off on my main gaming machine... should get around to doing that though.

Thank you! Like I say, I should have got it sooner, I'm just lazy haha

How are the videos going?

Also yay for keeping updated during E3! I would post live updates here, but it'll be like 3am and I am weak . . .

@JD2013 Oh they are going. Need to get them done now since I'll be in LA for a week in June. Just can't believe they changed so much stuff in this patch! And 3am? That's rough, totally understand not watching lol

Haha @ShedsHisTail You are a much braver soul than I. I made the decision to just sit tight and not comment in any of those threads (or create one myself)

Ooh LA! Interesting! For anything good? Holiday?

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes! Definitely a holiday! Excited to see the Hollywood sign in real life! lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's get it going again if it's dropped around E3. New DLC announcements etcetera!

I'll definitely keep this thread updated during the Bethesda press conference, or any news on ESO from E3 ;)

Congrats on the upgrades and finally getting windows 10! I updated one rig, but have held off on my main gaming machine... should get around to doing that though.

Also yay for keeping updated during E3! I would post live updates here, but it'll be like 3am and I am weak . . .

@JD2013 Oh they are going. Need to get them done now since I'll be in LA for a week in June. Just can't believe they changed so much stuff in this patch! And 3am? That's rough, totally understand not watching lol

Haha @ShedsHisTail You are a much braver soul than I. I made the decision to just sit tight and not comment in any of those threads (or create one myself)

It's a compulsion.
    I'll argue until my fingers bleed when I know I'm right. lol.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's a compulsion.

Relevant XKCD

duty_calls.png
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

It's a compulsion.

Relevant XKCD

duty_calls.png

Lol.

Thankfully it's not that bad.... anymore.
    I don't lose sleep over internet arguments these days, but I won't say I never have in the past.
    I've won more than my fair share of arguments by attrition.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a compulsion.

Although one certain crafting discussion is so fun to me that every time I see it on "recent discussions" I want to lay on my back, kick my legs and laugh like a maniac.

In a supportive, non-judgmental way, of course.

I used to get crabbily invested...now I'm able to just have fun with it, and occasionally learn something.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

It's a compulsion.

Relevant XKCD

duty_calls.png
    You'll probably find some posts of mine that are based on that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little something to help fuel another day on the forums for those who are daring enough to leave the friendly confines of this thread ;)

breakfast-of-champions-demotivational-posters.jpg
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »
    A little something to help fuel another day on the forums for those who are daring enough to leave the friendly confines of this thread ;)

breakfast-of-champions-demotivational-posters.jpg

Pass it to me please!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ventured out. Now I'm staying here. lol

Blows my mind DB is coming on Tuesday. Jeesh. I've got so much to do yet!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    This one is far more like us :wink:

1388.gif

Speak for yourself I don't wear NHS glasses :p
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still drooling over the imminent more character slots.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Me too! The old TV show "Eight is enough" had it VERY wrong ;)

Even with 2 accounts, there's still much more I want to try out.

And don't even get me started on how wonderful crafting bags will be on Tuesday... Oh the space, the seemingly ENDLESS space.

As Ren and Stimpy would say...Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

wpid-ren-n-stimpy.jpg.jpeg
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Me too! The old TV show "Eight is enough" had it VERY wrong ;)

Even with 2 accounts, there's still much more I want to try out.

And don't even get me started on how wonderful crafting bags will be on Tuesday... Oh the space, the seemingly ENDLESS space.

As Ren and Stimpy would say...Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

wpid-ren-n-stimpy.jpg.jpeg

I can't wait for all that space! Crafting bags will be an awesome addition.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, more character slots? I missed that. Info?
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I leave the forums for a few hours and things seem to be interesting out there. What did I miss??
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Sir Daniel Fortesque
    Wow I leave the forums for a few hours and things seem to be interesting out there. What did I miss??

New hacks, investigations and angry forum posts. This is like a bad soap opera.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does seem that way! I assume everyone is at full burning torch capacity and blaming ZOS, despite the hackers being the ones doing it?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A question for the tech savvy. Intel is about to release a new line of CPUs - Broadwell-E. According to some info i found these are 6-10 core processors with the following specs:

intel-broadwell-e-i7-69xx-68xx-4.jpg

intel-broadwell-e-i7-69xx-68xx-1.jpg

Ignoring the price (I could see myself going for the cheapest of those perhaps as im about to upgrade from the old sandybridge platform), how do you think these would perform in ESO and MMOs in general. Would you see a big (any?) difference in fps compared to lets say a skylake 6700k?

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 29, 2016 8:04PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does seem that way! I assume everyone is at full burning torch capacity and blaming ZOS, despite the hackers being the ones doing it?

Some, but more so after how people feel it won't be dealt with properly.

Obligatory
    200.gif

As for the new CPU's. I'm not overly tech savvy but from what I've read/heard most games don't make good use (or sometimes any use) of those extra cores - so you are better off with a higher per core clock speed. I could be completely and utterly wrong though.

In good news, I updated ESO on my old old laptop (that I started playing ESO on) and was delightfully surprised to see it still works! Looks like that old thing is DirectX11!
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque

People blame ZOS only for acting so slow (that's usual) and for locking down posts left and right for "Naming and Shaming".
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People blame ZOS only for acting so slow (that's usual) and for locking down posts left and right for "Naming and Shaming".

And for having the tendency to hand out slaps on the wrists instead of permbans for severe breaches of TOS.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque

And for having the tendency to hand out slaps on the wrists instead of permbans for severe breaches of TOS.

And this too.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so it's DBeve

What will you do first once the servers go back on line?

For me I'm looking forward to reveling in my new-found bag and bank space! :)

After that I'm sure I'll go see what the going rate is for the latest contract >:)

And I hope there is something involving those who have decided it's OK to have unlimited Ulti's! I only say this because I care about the game I love...and because I'm getting tired of hearing about it once I step outside this thread.

I have faith in you ZOS, please make DB be a smooth experience, and please bring order to my favorite game and forums o:)

A player can dream, can't they? B)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My, this has been a rage-filled week, hasn't it? Dro-M'Athra-price rage, pts-poison rage, hackerbonanza rage...

popcorn-eating-gif.gif

Sometimes I wish I was a templar so I could at least step into my house and feel safe. :sweat_smile:
  • Gallifreyy
    Gallifreyy
    ✭✭✭
    im just going to say what do you think is going to happen to the game on console if PC server just shuts down? will ZOS even bother to keep the console servers up? in a business stand point i dont think so.
    So all you console players thinking its not going to affect you it quite possible will in the end.
    Edited by Gallifreyy on May 31, 2016 4:36AM
    CP1000+
    Gallifreyy - DragonKnight - Imperial - EP
    Death by Tray - Nightblade - Dunmer - EP
    Moustacheasaurs - Templar - Dunmer - EP
    Zerief - Sorcerer - High Elf - EP
    Afro Leap - DragonKnight - Redguard - DC
    + 4 other Lvl 50s
    DK IS BACK
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭
    this is what happens when i sit in one spot for to long waiting for a patch

DSC00722.jpg
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    My, this has been a rage-filled week, hasn't it? Dro-M'Athra-price rage, pts-poison rage, hackerbonanza rage...
    popcorn-eating-gif.gif
    Sometimes I wish I was a templar so I could at least step into my house and feel safe. :sweat_smile:
    I was away, so missed most of it. What's been going on?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    wc1s0z.jpg
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU

• Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rva_Kun wrote: »
    wc1s0z.jpg

I-dont-believe-you.gif
    Edited by Mr.Hmm on May 31, 2016 11:47AM
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
This discussion has been closed.