Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    A milestone I reach this week......
    4pxizl.jpg
    Nice! I think the highest I've ever had in the bank at any given time is about 1.4-1.5 million.

I reached a milestone this week too: I've now completed every quest/delve/world boss/dolmen/etc (I'm a completionist - every character needs to do everything in a zone before moving on to the next zone) in all of the level 1-50 zones and defeated Molag Bal on all 8 characters on my main account! Now they're all VR2 or higher and working on completing Silver or Gold zones (that's right, my VR14 and my VR16 haven't completed all of their Gold zones, or Craglorn, or Wrothgar yet).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »

A milestone I reach this week......
    4pxizl.jpg

*Bows head in amazement and respect*

I'm sitting on 900K in the bank right now, I think my highest was 1.8M. Might have something to do with fools and their gold being soon parted...IDK.

Ugh...note 2 self...
    Play more and shop less at guild stores ...your 2nd account characters need new toys also ;)

Oh sometimes I think the main reason my Hubby is happy for to me to play this game way, way too much IS the fact my ''shopping sprees'' are taking place ingame and not costing him ''real'' money :)

I think my biggest spend to date was just after IC dropped and I just HAD to have those 3 pieces of arcane Willpower jewelry, iirc it was about 1.7million.........

Mmmmm maybe Hubby has a point!! :p
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow @UrQuan, Ive managed whole area clearances including Silver and Gold on my 2 VR16's........

My VR14 is parked atm until I work out a way to enjoy her, for some reason DK isn't suiting me and my NB baby is only lvl 33 so still a way to go on her........

Not completed Craglorn on any character yet though.

You have my admiration for doing 1-50 on 8 characters for sure!! :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that people may or may not find interesting:

As a completionist doing everything in every zone (but never grinding) I used to find that I'd hit VR1 about 1/3 of the way through completing Coldharbour, and by the time I completed all of Coldharbour and defeated Molag Bal I'd be a large chunk of the way to VR2. So when doing Cadwell's Silver, by the time I completed the starter islands and moved on to the first full zone, I'd be either at VR2, or just about to hit VR2.

That was before they reduced the amount of XP required for each vet rank and changed the amount of XP that you got for quests and some other stuff. The 3 characters of mine who have completed Coldharbour since those changes have all hit VR1 at about the same point I always used to, but now they're all hitting VR2 before I go off to fight Molag Bal.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those figures are similar to my experience with my second and third characters, I missed stuff with my first, mainly because I didn't know the scope of what was available in each area.

I am terrible for getting many hours into a game before actually working out what information is available on the UI........

Probably why I don't use any addons I still find stuff on the basic UI that's ''new'' to me even now.

Last night I actually realised how few trophies my Sorc had actually collected, well gives me something to do when I'm bored.

I finished the Daedric Lord Slayer title off last night......... sad but true fact I really, really enjoyed one shotting the mobs in the lowbie areas. :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being that this is the happy thread for PC users, I am going to present an offering first.

Oh @freespirit please accept this popcorn in a spirit of love, hope and affectionate intoxication!!

krCImpm.jpg
    @newtinmpls my original post on my Xmas present choice stated..........

''Oh and on top of that I asked earlier today for the equipment to allow me to convert my vinyl albums into digital form AND showed him many such items online........

Whilst telling him ''I had no knowledge of audio devices and he should check them out and pick what he thought was most suited".

Over the years I and my husband have found out that .... men and woman are two different species. And it gets weirder from there.

What it looks like from the outside is that in your language, showing him a selection of items meant "pick from this list, because I have found some really cool options for what I want".

In his language it appears to have been received as "Here is an idea, run with it and make it awesome".

What he did appears to have been (in his language) "I took cherished quality items that I have carefully hoarded away" [side note: being a packrat myself, I assure you that 'sharing something from the hoard' is a high high high compliment and NOT any kind of insult or shortcut'] and made you the most awesome system in the world, besides which those online options are prefab crap."

What he appears to have done seems to have been received by you as "you didn't get me a thing from my list, therefore you are not taking my request seriously"

I understand that in your language you "asked for a brand new system". What I would ask is did you, in actual words, say the words "I want a brand new system - specifically one of these ones which I have showed you".

I know - in your language that's a silly question.

It took hubby and I about ... well .... um .... maybe about eight years to figure this particular pitfall out.

Which is good, because there are certain dear workmates of mine never to be specified that have run up against this very issue, and I have had versions of this conversation with buddies who then look at me blankly and then say "well he should know exactly what I mean."

Sigh. different species. Really.... I swear.

An on that note, another oldie but a goodie:

5VrSFxN.jpg

And I have yet to get a character past v5. I'm looking ahead to making crafting mistakes at whatever the equivalent of V16 will be (CP "a billion" or something?) with much trepidation.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question:

Has anyone noticed an issue with the Soul Shatter passive going off and killing you?
    Seems like my NB I'm leveling is committing suicide every time I get into a WB fight or similar and that passive goes off.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Being that this is the happy thread for PC users, I am going to present an offering first.

Oh @freespirit please accept this popcorn in a spirit of love, hope and affectionate intoxication!!

krCImpm.jpg

''Oh and on top of that I asked earlier today for the equipment to allow me to convert my vinyl albums into digital form AND showed him many such items online........

Whilst telling him ''I had no knowledge of audio devices and he should check them out and pick what he thought was most suited".

Over the years I and my husband have found out that .... men and woman are two different species. And it gets weirder from there.

What it looks like from the outside is that in your language, showing him a selection of items meant "pick from this list, because I have found some really cool options for what I want".

In his language it appears to have been received as "Here is an idea, run with it and make it awesome".

What he did appears to have been (in his language) "I took cherished quality items that I have carefully hoarded away" [side note: being a packrat myself, I assure you that 'sharing something from the hoard' is a high high high compliment and NOT any kind of insult or shortcut'] and made you the most awesome system in the world, besides which those online options are prefab crap."

What he appears to have done seems to have been received by you as "you didn't get me a thing from my list, therefore you are not taking my request seriously"

I understand that in your language you "asked for a brand new system". What I would ask is did you, in actual words, say the words "I want a brand new system - specifically one of these ones which I have showed you".

It took hubby and I about ... well .... um .... maybe about eight years to figure this particular pitfall out.

Which is good, because there are certain dear workmates of mine never to be specified that have run up against this very issue, and I have had versions of this conversation with buddies who then look at me blankly and then say "well he should know exactly what I mean."

5VrSFxN.jpg

And I have yet to get a character past v5. I'm looking ahead to making crafting mistakes at whatever the equivalent of V16 will be (CP "a billion" or something?) with much trepidation.

Your offering pleases us. Please come in. Enjoy the drama free thread.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

krCImpm.jpg

5VrSFxN.jpg

Your offering pleases us. Please come in. Enjoy the drama free thread.

*shakes head*

Poor you. No. It means these are the EXACT things I want. I slaved figuring out what exact brand and model, do not veer away! Well, hopefully you enjoy our drama free zone with plenty amount of popcorn.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Question:

Has anyone noticed an issue with the Soul Shatter passive going off and killing you?
    Seems like my NB I'm leveling is committing suicide every time I get into a WB fight or similar and that passive goes off.
    Hmm, no, but I've never actually put a point into that passive. This kind of makes me want to, though. I mean, I feel like the first few times this happened it would be hilarious. It would probably get old pretty fast after that, though...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GUYS!

GGUUUUYYYSSS!

How did I miss this gem earlier? lol

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2512690/#Comment_2512690

No quote for you. You must go there.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Although I do understand the arguments of how we need the console......generation....to succeed, don't forget that the prices they charge for console games it could well just be a cash grab for the investors and them move back to concentrating on the PC :D

tumblr_inline_ncijctm6971r9ziaj.gif

Current gen consoles work off the x86 architecture. Hardest thing for them to dev for is probably the cruddy hardware and their integrated XBlive or PS + requirements.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    GUYS!

GGUUUUYYYSSS!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2512690/#Comment_2512690

Yep that made me laugh too! :)

And to think that some say our friends at ZOS don't have a sense of humor ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back from lunch, opened my game to see that a wild maintenance appeared with a "you shall not PASS" super-effective move. My reaction?

e1IneGq.gif
    Edited by magnusthorek on December 11, 2015 4:44PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back from lunch, opened my game to see that a wild maintenance appeared with a "you shall not PASS" super-effective move. My reaction?

e1IneGq.gif

Ahhh yeah. Check out the banner at the top of the forums. Bunch of people couldn't log in... better to fix it mid day than prime time Friday night...

Grab some popcorn, gifs and meme's while you're here! Shouldn't be long, Gina already said they're testing.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, know after sniffing through several topics I know that the problem is because some people in Stonefalls and Coldharbour can't login, but that was some intel that me a while to get, the explanation given wasn't very clear.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    GUYS!

GGUUUUYYYSSS!

Heh, yeah, I saw that... Both the mod post and the post quoted by the mod post were awesome and I was very pleased to award each of them an awesome. B)

Yeah, know after sniffing through several topics I know that the problem is because some people in Stonefalls and Coldharbour can't login, but that was some intel that me a while to get, the explanation given wasn't very clear.
    If you kept trying (which means you have to force close the game when it becomes clear that zoning in isn't working), eventually you would get in. And I do mean eventually. As a result of this and having a couple of characters on my second account parked in Davon's Watch it took me a full 4 hours to collect my hireling mails last night.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And awaaay we go!

jackie-gleason-1916-1987-granger.jpg

its-popcorn-time-1024x656.jpg

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMPORTANT UPDATE..........

The new stylus arrived........

It sounds ABSOLUTELY superb.

I truly had forgotten the depth of sound that comes from vinyl.

I'm a bit of a Pink Floyd fan and I just fell in love with them all over again.........

PROBLEM!!

Well not really a problem as I will always have the deck to use.....

But they are not going to sound half as good when converted to digital.

For those of you banging your head against a wall........

Hubby feels exactly the same :p
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not FFAAIIRR!!!

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tis the fate sometimes of living in our "modern" world...we sometimes choose convenience over quality ;)

But as you said...you can always fall back to the deck for some good Ol fashioned quality.

At least music is timeless...I sometimes wish there was a time machine that could take me back to the magical days when DOOM was still state of the art.

Here's too the simple pleasures of life...and the joys they can bring.
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least music is timeless...I sometimes wish there was a time machine that could take me back to the magical days when DOOM was still state of the art.

I still remember the days of waiting for my roommate to get off the one computer we all shared so I could take a turn at Wizardry....
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know most of you are enjoying some well deserved ESO fun this fine weekend, so...

Fuel up...

best-breakfast-ever.jpg

We got us another day of ESO ahead of us, before we have to go pay the bills again next week. ;)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • j.d.elyb14a_ESO
    Now I am hungry and at work. Guess better find some foodage. Enjoy your wkend gaming and think of me and I will do the same for you on my Thurs Fri off. Now where did I put that popcorn?
    Guild Founder and Leader of TheLawless.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I am hungry and at work. Guess better find some foodage. Enjoy your wkend gaming and think of me and I will do the same for you on my Thurs Fri off. Now where did I put that popcorn?

Here, you can have some of mine

popcorn.jpg

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Question:

UrQuan wrote: »
    Hmm, no, but I've never actually put a point into that passive. This kind of makes me want to, though. I mean, I feel like the first few times this happened it would be hilarious. It would probably get old pretty fast after that, though...

Oh man this sounds so cool.

I'm still waiting for my DK flame mage/dunmer to get to v16 so I can get him a set of Phoenix armor - can you imagine the constant exploding and damage to all and sundry?

Yee-hahhh!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey All.........

3450fx5.jpg
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All.........

3450fx5.jpg

For this one, and the next...and the next!

This time of year for once it's paying off to work for a University! Next day of work 4 me is January 4th!

I'm seeing MANY hours of ESO and Fallout 4 (and a trip to the theater 2 see the new Star Wars) in my future.

At long last, and for the next 2 weeks...It's good to be me! ;)

I pledge to earn at least 1 CP for each of you...however I won't be sharing >:)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey All.........

3450fx5.jpg

For this one, and the next...and the next!

This time of year for once it's paying off to work for a University! Next day of work 4 me is January 4th!

I'm seeing MANY hours of ESO and Fallout 4 (and a trip to the theater 2 see the new Star Wars) in my future.

At long last, and for the next 2 weeks...It's good to be me! ;)

I pledge to earn at least 1 CP for each of you...however I won't be sharing >:)

Added an extra bold.........

Full 3D Imax experience booked for whole family........

Soooo looking forward to it!!! :)

Edited by freespirit on December 21, 2015 2:40AM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome @freespirit
    Enjoy every minute :)

Here's some extra kittens and puppies for you

Purina-puppies-Kittens-595x203.png

PC/NA
This discussion has been closed.