Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure Craglorn is a ghost town...until 5 min before I want to try my hand at gathering mats......
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't me, honest!

However, our friend @MissBizz has been missing for awhile...

Could it be that she's traded her fishing pole in for a pickax and is poaching all of your nodes? >:)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    Wasn't me, honest!

Could it be that she's traded her fishing pole in for a pickax and is poaching all of your nodes? >:)
    Not really missing. I ran 5 dungeons with her yesterday...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Wasn't me, honest!

I want to run with you guys again....
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any laurels involved in those recent runs?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Wasn't me, honest!

Then we need to make it happen! It was loads of fun!
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Actually yes, I got 4 of them yesterday :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet another perfectly good conspiracy theory shot down before it's time...

Maybe it was Bigfoot stealing all the nodes ;)
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet another perfectly good conspiracy theory shot down before it's time...

Maybe it was Bigfoot stealing all the nodes ;)
    Well, she did take frequent breaks to "get a drink". Which was most likely a cover story for quickly going and ninja-stealing nodes from @newtinmpls
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, she did take frequent breaks to "get a drink". Which was most likely a cover story for quickly going and ninja-stealing nodes from @newtinmpls

Ding ding ding...

I think we have a winner!
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... that would explain that momentary pause where it really looked like there was something there... and then it would be just gone.

But nobody could be that fast... could they?

;)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't me, honest!

Tues, Thurs and Sun are my PVP raid nights, give me a shout other than that.
    Think I've run one dungeon since I ran with you guys lol
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Wasn't me, honest!

Tues, Thurs and Sun are my PVP raid nights, give me a shout other than that.
    Think I've run one dungeon since I ran with you guys lol

*crawls out of a corner*

I see you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone..........

An amusing but sad story......

Two days ago I was trying to arrange a group for Silver and Gold on EC-Pc for a couple of lower level friends and besides being told several times that I was asking for a Tank that, that particular Dungeon didn't need, I also got accused of being a Troll!!

My friends are new to group dungeons......

Yes they've managed to get to Vet levels without really doing them, so as one is trying to learn the skills of healing groups and the other is a DD, I decided that also learning the skills that Tanks can provide and also(more importantly for the healer) skills that the Tank might require in support, was a good idea.

As I said I got lots of whispers saying I didn't need a tank but also, which I found rather sad, one particular person who told me that if the group was so bad it needed a Tank, I should just "Alt F4" and forget about them!!

I whispered him back saying I was helping some friends who were learning and it was actually something I enjoyed doing therefore that was why I was asking for a tank. Btw I made it perfectly obvious in chat that the group was going to be VR1 scaled.

I received several more quite abusive comments from this person before the final one, which was the one accusing me of being a troll........

I carried on regardless, we found our tank and we had a brilliant couple of hours doing both pledges.

My question is what do these idiots actually gain from that kind of behaviour???
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    300x300.jpg
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    My question is what do these idiots actually gain from that kind of behaviour???
    They get a false sense of superiority. What they don't realize is that everyone else who sees that kind of behaviour sees that they're morons who should be pitied.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @UrQuan and I'm glad you were able to find a way to have fun without such boogers.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thirding that.
    or maybe they're just 12 and still think their view of the world is actually important.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh and Happy New Life everyone!

happy_new_life_festival_by_cinn_ransome-d5q0nuk.png

PC/NA
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, another lap around the calendar my friends!

First off, I'd just like to thank all of you crazy popcorn addicts for making this thread so much fun to be a part of!

Second, I'd like to compliment ZOS on a pretty darned good 2015 & thanks for Wrothgar! You guys knocked that one out of the park for sure! Can't wait to see what you folks have up your sleeves for 2016 :)

And Lastly...How about some ESO New Years resolutions from everyone:

For me, I think it's time to finally start doing that whole "endgame" thing I hear so much about. I've got at least one character per class to VR16...so I guess it's time to quit rolling alts, and just settle down and get a few of them good. I don't have one of each in both stamina and magicka, but for now I guess I should be satisfied.

So for 2016, I vow to finish EVERY dungeon, get Caltrops (God help me) AND get Master Angler for Dame WldKarde my main (and favorite) character.

So what are your ESO goals/resolutions for 2016?
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, ESO resolutions? OK, here are mine:
    • Finally complete Cadwell's Gold on at least 1 character (no, my VR15 and VR16 haven't completed it yet)
    • Finally do the Craglorn quests on at least 1 character (no, my VR15 and VR16 haven't completed that yet either)
    • Finally get my main to catch up to my alt in terms of levels (my VR15 is the character I consider to be my main, even though I don't play him as much as my VR16)
    • Finally get Caltrops on my VR16
    • Finally get a nice VR16 Engine Guardian shoulder to go with the nice helm I have
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New Year's Resolutions..........

Play more, sleep less........

Vigorously fight ensuing Divorce proceedings!! >:)
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    get sorc and NB to lvl 50; ready for the removal of vr levels...

make gold. I'm down to my last 20k and I am not sure where the other 750k went...

stay on the AD Cyrodiil leaderboards and remain in the top 100 for this Azura Star campain. All of my guildmates can easily stay in the top 50 but I keep falling behind the top 100.

keep playing fallout4....must....make ......sanctuary.................awesome...lookin'
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO - relax, have fun. Get at least one durn laurel. Figure out the 'system' for at least one veteran undaunted without min-maxing. Actually finish the IC intro on DK #2 so that I can (attempt to) do dailies with her.

Fallout 4 - stop planting stuff and then having it die/become inactive 'cause I never assigned anyone to it. Put all my "farmers" in long johns so I know they are assigned to something.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO - relax, have fun. Get at least one durn laurel. Figure out the 'system' for at least one veteran undaunted without min-maxing. Actually finish the IC intro on DK #2 so that I can (attempt to) do dailies with her.

Fallout 4 - stop planting stuff and then having it die/become inactive 'cause I never assigned anyone to it. Put all my "farmers" in long johns so I know they are assigned to something.

i use hats
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i use hats

Too many of them have hats to start with. Of course few hats are as cool as my lucky chef's hat. OTOH, my Red Rocket "long johns and full face masks" crew are pretty darn unmistakable.

Speaking of that, has anyone found a "hat" as a costume bit in ESO? I've found cute looking boots, and even a pretty decent pseudo-pirate-y outfit, but not a hat.

Yet.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i use hats

Too many of them have hats to start with. Of course few hats are as cool as my lucky chef's hat. OTOH, my Red Rocket "long johns and full face masks" crew are pretty darn unmistakable.

Speaking of that, has anyone found a "hat" as a costume bit in ESO? I've found cute looking boots, and even a pretty decent pseudo-pirate-y outfit, but not a hat.

Yet.

no. haven't found any :(
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooo we have an aging relative staying with us.........

He really feels the cold........

So our heating is on way, way more than usual.

Problem is the weather is not even remotely cold........

Infact if the sun was out, instead of the constant rain, we would all be running about in T-shirts.

As I hate being hot, my house is an uncomfortable place to be atm!!

BUT(really HUGE BUT)

My PC dislikes warm temperatures just as much as me, infact it's taken me all day to work out why the fans have been running like they do in the middle of summer. :(

So I have had to break out the fans and presently have some helpers too.........

245ye86.jpg

Now I'm like.........

2uz2vkx.jpg
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got a mighty strange way of keeping your PC from overheating @freespirit. This is how I do it:
    ComputerCooling_zpsvuy5hsrh.jpg
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I finally got my second character to VR16! Yay! But he's still in all VR14 gear, and I still haven't completed Cadwell's Gold on any characters...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My laptop was overheating quite often with ESO, so I told it that it wasn't allowed to, and it hasn't done it since :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
This discussion has been closed.