Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I see @MisterBigglesworth has brought us some Christmas Cheer! Thank you kind Sir :)

Now I must ask the rest of you...

Where are the Christmas Puppies, Kittens, Goats...and most important of ALL...

Wait 4 it...

Breakfast??? ;)

Merry Christmas ALL! :)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @wldkarde .........

Christmas Breakfast........

iehz0l.jpg

SWEETROLLS!!!!!

Happy Xmas. <3
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HerSG25.jpg

I now own one of these and can now be happy forever.

Best Christmas present ever.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Edited by JD2013 on December 25, 2015 3:42PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome breakfast pic @freespirit ! I wish I could say mine was as enjoyable...as I spent my AM trying to convince Steam that I was indeed me, so I could begin my Fallout 4 journey. :(

But all is not lost, I proved once again that I'm indeed myself, and was able to enter the wastelands at last...and properly fortified, thanks to you! To think that changing one's PC and not bothering to log into their service for almost 2 years, would create such a ruckus...how rude! ;)

Congrats on the new swag @JD2013 and I hope you will wear it with pride! :)

Just please don't wear it when you are in Cyrodiil fighting the Pact...

My poor characters are quite tired of DC and AD showoffs..."Yes, yes we know we are about to die! It's not our fault our driver doesn't know what he is doing!" :(

Edit: As usual...can't spell OR type
    Edited by WldKarde on December 26, 2015 4:10AM
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some variations of the "arrow-meme":

Ghoul-Meme-375x300.jpg

Mass-Effect-3-meme.jpg

Talk about tough... :lol:

And of course one for the season:

5teqk.jpg
    Edited by Kelces on December 26, 2015 6:51AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Mosha
    Mosha
    ✭✭
    @Kelces the third one... Ahahaha! Nice

So are the ESO sweaters comfy, @JD2013? I need one in general, been that way for 4 months now :smiley: if they're nice, I might get one myself. Don't know if AD or DC though...
    Ave, ZoS, moriturus te salutat!
    -me, with a stam NB in April 2014

Mo'sha V16 Khajiit Stamina NB
    Legate Alva V16 Imperial Stamina/Magicka Templar
    Mo'sha Reborn V16 Breton Magicka NB
    Burning Mo'sha V5 Dunmer Magicka DK
    a couple mules...
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy stuff!!!

kTIPZ8h.jpg

And for certain players-of-another-game:

olJ3npO.jpg

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well spent a good 5 hours christmas day with my little boo-dog (okay, my alpha peanut butter colored sixty-some pound lab-mastiff mix) in the Emergency Room (vet).

He was intermittantly coughing at 7am, and kinda doing the 'bits o yellow bile' thing. Then over the next few hours it gets frothier, pinkish, pink streaked, red streaked, fluffier, more noisy/notable - his whole body was involved in coughing. By 11 or so we hauled him off to the ED where we sat and waited 4 hours (some things never change - and I can't complain since I've worked in EDs for humans, and same deal) and he apparently had pneumonia (for those of you in health care it was an x-ray so distinctive it should be used for teaching purposes).

He's taking his pills like a good boo, he's not coughing any more, and he is parked on a little rug to supervise my ESOing ('cause you can't just tell the Alpha he has a day off).

My holiday wish for anyone else is that if things do start to go wrong for you and yours - ingame or out - that you catch it early and find a good fix.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow @newtinmpls hope your pooch is feeling better!

Sounds like your wingman is in very good hands though ;)

As one who grew up on a ranch...sometimes I think that the best people, are the 4 legged ones!

What would we do without our "little" furry friends :)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • Eztrelle
    Eztrelle
    ✭✭
    Ahhhhh PC users.... With ya fancy spreadsheets and water cooled parts and hyperthreaded uber MHz what nots...

You should come slum it with me on ESO PS4...

Ez
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eztrelle wrote: »
    Ahhhhh PC users.... With ya fancy spreadsheets and water cooled parts and hyperthreaded uber MHz what nots...

You should come slum it with me on ESO PS4...

Ez

Not unless you have

tumblr_ni9k8041R11u8v5wdo1_400.gif
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now to more important things...

Dang, @newtinmpls sorry for the rough time for your boo. Glad you got it taken care of early tho and he's gonna be ok.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • ufoldager
    ufoldager
    Soul Shriven
    Topic derail!!!11!1!

How is the EU megaserver looking these days in terms of player/guild activity? I am considering getting back to ESO now that Tamriel is unleashed, but really don't wanna waste my buck if there's nobody around anymore.

So, how's the world activity atm? Anyone got a feel for this?
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ufoldager I play on EU Pc and never have an issue finding people to group with.........

Admittedly trials can take a bit of organising BUT I think that has more to do with them only being VR14 and consequently the gear drops are obsolete.

The early areas are still pretty busy as is Orsinium and as I play DC, Wayrest(the DC Undaunted hub) is also very busy.

Give it a go you may be surprised !! :)

@newtinmpls ........

Oh what a horrible Xmas day you must have had, I hope Boo-dog is well on the road to recovery!!

I spent the last 7 days trying to persuade my 13yr old ''baby dog'' that the 6 month old puppy my daughter brought home for Xmas was infact NOT edible........

She was not convinced however........

So we played a version of musical chairs, well ''musical dogs'' where they were never left in the same room without supervision. By yesterday the puppy could walk past Blue without to much of a reaction, thankfully the puppy has now gone home and peace and quiet has been restored. :)

jjxr1f.jpg
  • ufoldager
    ufoldager
    Soul Shriven
    freespirit wrote: »
    Admittedly trials can take a bit of organising BUT I think that has more to do with them only being VR14 and consequently the gear drops are obsolete.

Yeah I know that bigger PvE groups need some organizing. But I was also referring to the PVP activity on the server. There used to be quite a lot of action back in the beginning (I played daily for about the first 4 months or so, then quit). So, it seems from you that PvE is fine (I have a DK at v10 or so), but what about PvP?
    freespirit wrote: »
    The early areas are still pretty busy as is Orsinium and as I play DC, Wayrest(the DC Undaunted hub) is also very busy.

What is Orsinium?

And what did Zenimax do to the business model? I read somewhere that they removed monthly subscriptions and instead offered Tamriel as a one-time purchase, but on my account I can only subscribe to monthly, quarterly or annual subscriptions.

Thanks!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow @ufoldager you've been away for a while ;)

Orsinium is the newest DLC pack, which opens up the region of Wrothgar for a whole new questing experience (over 30 story and side quests, plus 12 repeatable dailies), as well as a solo Arena challenge.

Monthly subscriptions are no longer required - if you previously purchased ESO, all you need to do is patch up and you can play straight away. On your account, you have the opportunity to purchase optional subscriptions to the Premium service "ESO Plus", which gives a boost to XP, Gold, Research, and Inspiration, free access to all DLC for as long as your sub is active, and 1500 Crowns for the Crown Store for each 30 days your sub is good for. The Crown Store is the "Cash Shop" for ESO, selling "cosmetic and convenience" items (mounts, pets, costumes, skill/attribute respecs, food, drink, tri-pots, etc).

Edit to add links:
    Orsinium
    Crown Store
    ESO Plus
    Imperial City (the first DLC)
    Edited by Enodoc on December 29, 2015 2:13PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well spent a good 5 hours christmas day with my little boo-dog (okay, my alpha peanut butter colored sixty-some pound lab-mastiff mix) in the Emergency Room (vet).

He was intermittantly coughing at 7am, and kinda doing the 'bits o yellow bile' thing. Then over the next few hours it gets frothier, pinkish, pink streaked, red streaked, fluffier, more noisy/notable - his whole body was involved in coughing. By 11 or so we hauled him off to the ED where we sat and waited 4 hours (some things never change - and I can't complain since I've worked in EDs for humans, and same deal) and he apparently had pneumonia (for those of you in health care it was an x-ray so distinctive it should be used for teaching purposes).

He's taking his pills like a good boo, he's not coughing any more, and he is parked on a little rug to supervise my ESOing ('cause you can't just tell the Alpha he has a day off).

My holiday wish for anyone else is that if things do start to go wrong for you and yours - ingame or out - that you catch it early and find a good fix.

I hope your dog is well.

I have a pet sitter that watches my dog when I am at work. Almost two weeks ago, I was at work and I get a phone call from the vet saying that my dog was really sick, and they wanted permission to do surgery on her if needed. I was freaking out because when I left that morning my dog was fine.

I'm not sure how it happened, but my dog had a bacterial infection in your tummy and thank god my pet sitter took her to the vet. For a week my dog would not eat; so during that time I bought some baby food and fed her with a syringe.

I think it was the night before Christmas, or Christmas day she started eating again, and now is back to normal.

I love my Miniature Schnauzer, she is such a great dog.
    Edited by vamp_emily on December 29, 2015 2:47PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swfxtz.jpg

<3<3<3<3
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Oh wow @ufoldager you've been away for a while ;)

Orsinium is the newest DLC pack, which opens up the region of Wrothgar for a whole new questing experience (over 30 story and side quests, plus 12 repeatable dailies), as well as a solo Arena challenge.

Monthly subscriptions are no longer required - if you previously purchased ESO, all you need to do is patch up and you can play straight away. On your account, you have the opportunity to purchase optional subscriptions to the Premium service "ESO Plus", which gives a boost to XP, Gold, Research, and Inspiration, free access to all DLC for as long as your sub is active, and 1500 Crowns for the Crown Store for each 30 days your sub is good for. The Crown Store is the "Cash Shop" for ESO, selling "cosmetic and convenience" items (mounts, pets, costumes, skill/attribute respecs, food, drink, tri-pots, etc).

Edit to add links:
    Orsinium
    Crown Store
    ESO Plus
    Imperial City (the first DLC)
    A nice little summation there @Enodoc but you forgot to mention that Orsinium is AWESOME! Seriously, IMO it's by far the best zone in the game. It's raised the bar, and if future DLCs can live up to it, then it definitely bodes well for the future of ESO. If it had also included a new group dungeon or two, and maybe a trial, then it would be pretty much the most perfect DLC possible as far as I'm concerned.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and also, hi again everyone! I've been a wee bit absent lately due to real life being way busier than I had expected this month...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh and also, hi again everyone! I've been a wee bit absent lately due to real life being way busier than I had expected this month...

Good to see you :)

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Winter-boo is doing much better! Thank you so much for the well-wishes! I'm sure that helped a lot.

Not much coughing, accepting the canned food we are using to encourage his appetite - but the truth of it is that he is much more motivated by his brother's longing for said food. Apparently things taste much better if someone else wants them.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Winter-boo is doing much better!

That's great news!

Also...

Good to have ya back @UrQuan and I might B asking for some pointers soon...since my first AD character is marching her way to VR16. If Manut is a magicka templar that is ;) Hell if not, then my main is a Stamplar who is always looking for pointers as well.

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »
    My Winter-boo is doing much better!

That's great news!

Also...

Good to have ya back @UrQuan and I might B asking for some pointers soon...since my first AD character is marching her way to VR16. If Manut is a magicka templar that is ;) Hell if not, then my main is a Stamplar who is always looking for pointers as well.
    As a matter of fact Manut is a magicka templar :) Are you looking to DPS, heal, or tank?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ufoldager
    ufoldager
    Soul Shriven
    Logged into the EU server, and appeared in Craglorn where I left off ages ago. Seems my DK is v12, and not v10 as I initially recalled.

Craglorn was horribly empty, though. Are the player numbers really so low, or does it have to do with either the holidays or that everyone is in either Orsinium or the Imperial City?
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a matter of fact Manut is a magicka templar :) Are you looking to DPS, heal, or tank?

Honestly I have no idea at this point :/

I've only run one dungeon with her. I was supposed to be dps for that run, but ended up doing all 3 roles simultaneously due to the group I was in. Which was an absolute blast btw.

I have a feeling that she is going to switch roles/gear depending on the situation, and it's also why I love my templars! Even though the class could use a little love from ZOS (or at least fix the broken stuff), it's my favorite class to play.

Once I hit VR16, and have some time to play around with gear and skill load-outs, I'm sure I'll have a better idea what direction she is heading.
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »

Honestly I have no idea at this point :/

I've only run one dungeon with her. I was supposed to be dps for that run, but ended up doing all 3 roles simultaneously due to the group I was in. Which was an absolute blast btw.

I have a feeling that she is going to switch roles/gear depending on the situation, and it's also why I love my templars! Even though the class could use a little love from ZOS (or at least fix the broken stuff), it's my favorite class to play.

Once I hit VR16, and have some time to play around with gear and skill load-outs, I'm sure I'll have a better idea what direction she is heading.
    That's exactly what I do with Manut. I've got one gear/skillbar setup for tanking, one for DPS, and one for healing, and I swap between them (using Wykkyd Outfitter & Wykkyd Macros to swap setups with the press of a single key and a weapon swap) depending on the needs of the group I'm in. For solo play I'm typically in my DPS setup, and I find more often than not for group play I'm in my tank setup, but it's super handy to be able to swap to do any of the roles.

If you're interested, I go into my current tanking setup in detail here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2555497/#Comment_2555497
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ufoldager wrote: »
    Logged into the EU server, and appeared in Craglorn where I left off ages ago. Seems my DK is v12, and not v10 as I initially recalled.

Craglorn was horribly empty, though. Are the player numbers really so low, or does it have to do with either the holidays or that everyone is in either Orsinium or the Imperial City?
    Craglorn has been largely a ghost town for a long time. It's no longer a good zone for grinding and people have always had issues with the setup for group questing, so it's a pretty unpopular zone. Right now on NA server (and for the last couple of months) I'd say that Wrothgar is the most populated zone - partly because it's the newest and partly because it's the awesomest :D
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • ufoldager
    ufoldager
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, you're right UrQuan. Craglorn always had the issues of requiring tight collaboration due to the Trials. But let's face it, having to organize a group of 12 randoms is a nightmare - even though the Trials weren't anywhere near difficult.

I went to Wrothgar, and had a few good laughs. Zone still appeared very empty, though. Unfortunately. Met ~6 random toons during the first hour. Zone chats had about 12 lines after 3 consecutive hours. No groups around, no guild recruitment announcements, no nothing. Logged after that.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all!

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas, and I shall barely be around tomorrow as I am off for board games and whiskey with friends.

So, a Happy New Year to you all, and I look forward to continuing this thread in 2016!

Hugs for all! and plenty of:

giphy.gif

And

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

For all!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
This discussion has been closed.