Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Xendyn wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    And then I heard "console console console, console didn't like free respec so we won't do it anymore"
    ME - BUT I LOVE MY FREE RESPEC!!! :( I'm going to have to pay to get my faster training skill points back now?
    "console console"

Someone sent Rich a video of them soloing the Molag Bal event in the sewers! lol So CP can be a wee bit of an issue apparently.

ANNND short show. I guess it's just not the same without Gina.
    Yeh so now we get to pay for the respecs.
    Good going console! *insert eyeroll here*

Haven't watched it yet, so maybe they said more, but could there be a chance now that they'll go with free optional respecs, eg by sending everyone a free scroll?

So where was Gina? On holiday?

Gina is in San Fran for some gaming ... Thing ...
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am totally not keeping up with the gaming conventions this year. I don't even know when Eurogamer is.

Edit: Oh. It's apparently this weekend and is now called "EGX" :stuck_out_tongue:
    Edited by Enodoc on September 25, 2015 9:47PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am totally not keeping up with the gaming conventions this year. I don't even know when Eurogamer is.

Edit: Oh. It's apparently this weekend and is now called "EGX" :stuck_out_tongue:

That's the one. I had a total brain failure for a moment haha
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And then I heard "console console console, console didn't like free respec so we won't do it anymore"
    ME - BUT I LOVE MY FREE RESPEC!!! :( I'm going to have to pay to get my faster training skill points back now?
    "console console"

Someone sent Rich a video of them soloing the Molag Bal event in the sewers! lol So CP can be a wee bit of an issue apparently.

ANNND short show. I guess it's just not the same without Gina.
    Yeh so now we get to pay for the respecs.
    Good going console! *insert eyeroll here*

Haven't watched it yet, so maybe they said more, but could there be a chance now that they'll go with free optional respecs, eg by sending everyone a free scroll?

So where was Gina? On holiday?

They said nothing about a scroll or any way of it being optional. Just that they won't do it anymore unless it's necessary because of some really major change.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said nothing about a scroll or any way of it being optional. Just that they won't do it anymore unless it's necessary because of some really major change.

And this is different from what they did in the past ... how?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the YES's have it by 92%

Crosses fingers that ZOS is also keeping score...

You're among friends here....please B keeping score ZOS! :)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

And this is different from what they did in the past ... how?

We get to pay for our respecs when they change everything now instead of getting them for free.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you misunderstand me:

The whole no free respec "Unless it's necessary because of some really major change" seems to me to not really be much different than how it's been done in the past.
    Edited by newtinmpls on September 26, 2015 3:21AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you misunderstand me:

The whole no free respec "Unless it's necessary because of some really major change" seems to me to not really be much different than how it's been done in the past.

How I understood it @newtinmpls is that they just wouldn't do it anymore. We always knew it was for major changes but they said going forward they wouldn't do it
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive me my friends for this quick rant.

Just signed off for the night after some IC sewers fun...or at least it was until I was greatly disappointed in my EP "Friends?" :(
    Was just finishing clearing a room when I got run over by a DC zerg...Thought OK, no big deal...I know my people got my back! Next thing I know I've got EP players running over me and not ONE player stops to rez me.

Wow...just...wow.

Just glad to know at least I can come back here and know I have friends who would throw me a soul gem on their way back to the bank with my tel var's

I really hope that ZOS was serious about that whole cross faction dungeon thing at some point...B calling on yall if it ever happens.

/endrant

PS: Have a great weekend All :)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »

Just signed off for the night after some IC sewers fun...or at least it was until I was greatly disappointed in my EP "Friends?" :(
    Was just finishing clearing a room when I got run over by a DC zerg...Thought OK, no big deal...I know my people got my back! Next thing I know I've got EP players running over me and not ONE player stops to rez me.

Wow...just...wow.

Just glad to know at least I can come back here and know I have friends who would throw me a soul gem on their way back to the bank with my tel var's

I really hope that ZOS was serious about that whole cross faction dungeon thing at some point...B calling on yall if it ever happens.

/endrant

:/ Maybe I'm a bad person... But if EP zerg is running over you... That probably means we are outnumbered and I wouldn't rez either.. Just because the likelyhood of getting myself during that res is too prominent
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow...just...wow.

/endrant

:/ Maybe I'm a bad person... But if EP zerg is running over you... That probably means we are outnumbered and I wouldn't rez either.. Just because the likelyhood of getting myself killed during that res is too prominent

Fixed that for ya :)
    No, really...was missing a word lol
    Edited by Xendyn on September 26, 2015 3:43AM

PC/NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...just...wow.

/endrant

:/ Maybe I'm a bad person... But if EP zerg is running over you... That probably means we are outnumbered and I wouldn't rez either.. Just because the likelyhood of getting myself killed during that res is too prominent

Fixed that for ya :)
    No, really...was missing a word lol

Hahaha you really did. At the bf's parents house enjoying some beverages. Apparently I assume people will add the necessary words lol
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow...just...wow.

/endrant

Woulda come back for you, at any rate :)

PC/NA
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :/ Maybe I'm a bad person... But if EP zerg is running over you... That probably means we are outnumbered and I wouldn't rez either.. Just because the likelyhood of getting myself during that res is too prominent

Thanks...and no you aren't...or you wouldn't B posting in this thread ;)

I actually waited to see how things would shake out...We had the numbers and won...just not the "quality" people.

Guess I always try to subscribed to the "leave nobody behind" camp :)

War may be HELL...but games are meant to B fun...or so says me anyway ;)

PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks...and no you aren't...or you wouldn't B posting in this thread ;)

I actually waited to see how things would shake out...We had the numbers and won...just not the "quality" people.

Guess I always try to subscribed to the "leave nobody behind" camp :)

War may be HELL...but games are meant to B fun...or so says me anyway ;)

Oh, well. If you stayed dead until we were done I would definitely rez you!
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well. If you stayed dead until we were done I would definitely rez you!

You are too kind :)
    But I'm thinking it might be in my best interests to work on not getting run over by enemy zergs as a FAR better strategy ;)

Note to self....work on implementing new strategy!
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rez thing - I've been in a group in Cyrodiil where head of group (and this is a guild group) is saying to "rez everyone" but the newbies get left behind and only the "in group" actually gets rezzed.

I think ... poorly of that sort of thing.

Oh and on the respec issue, it's not ever been for small changes, it's always been "you are respec'ed 'cause big stuff happened"

I will be dissapointed if that really does change, but the party line is not actually all that different.
    Edited by newtinmpls on September 26, 2015 3:26PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rez thing - I've been in a group in Cyrodiil where head of group (and this is a guild group) is saying to "rez everyone" but the newbies get left behind and only the "in group" actually gets rezzed.

I think ... poorly of that sort of thing.

That's unfortunate :( was it a large group that it was hard to keep track who was alive?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate :( was it a large group that it was hard to keep track who was alive?

No, it was a group of 12, and while the newbie was waiting for rez (wasn't me, I was watching over his shoulder) others died and were rezzed more than once.

I don't care to name the guild, but if I see crap like this again, I'll be very clear about why I leave.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it was a group of 12, and while the newbie was waiting for rez (wasn't me, I was watching over his shoulder) others died and were rezzed more than once.

Oh, when that kind of stuff goes down, I find a "gentle" (see: kick in the arse) reminder in group chat usually does the trick. Once people are called out on their behaviour, they tend to straighten up, at least in my experience.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *runs in and dives into the comforting popcorn bag*

AAAarrrrgggg!!! *plop*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYSQxUEZTw

PC/NA
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *runs in and dives into the comforting popcorn bag*

AAAarrrrgggg!!! *plop*
    blondes%20women%20lips%20funny%20derp%20popcorn%20faces_wallpaperswa.com_13.jpg

What? Doesn't the forum hug you enough? :wink:

Edited by Auricle on September 26, 2015 9:40PM
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh how I wish this was my coffee cup! :)
    farmland-bacon-club-what-is-the-farmland-bacon-club-large-3.jpg

Have a great day everyone, and be careful out there, the natives are restless
    PC NA
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you misunderstand me:

How I understood it @newtinmpls is that they just wouldn't do it anymore. We always knew it was for major changes but they said going forward they wouldn't do it
    Aargh, like a lot of the people commenting on the forums I didn't want a forced respec, but that doesn't mean that I just wanted no respec at all... A much better solution is what they did on a patch way back (I want to say it was maybe November of last year) when they didn't do a forced respec but they had a period of time with super cheap (virtually free) respecs. That way you're not forced to re-allocate all of your skill points on all of your characters, and you get a little time to play around with the changed skills and figure out which work for you, respeccing as needed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Orsinuim things starting already.

Looks pretty interesting. But Datamining means very little at the moment as things change.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

• Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium... I'm pretty hyped for SOLO ARENAS.
    THE MAELSTROM ARENA

Test your might against the fiercest enemies imaginable as you, and you alone, fight for your very life. Earn prestige with leaderboard rankings and be rewarded with some of the most powerful weapons that can be won! The Maelstrom Arena features nine combat rings and two different difficulty levels. Do you have what it takes to journey into the Maelstrom?

2d5d16d0-fa65-0132-4f97-0ec273752cbd.gif?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    Orsinium... I'm pretty hyped for SOLO ARENAS.
    THE MAELSTROM ARENA

Test your might against the fiercest enemies imaginable as you, and you alone, fight for your very life. Earn prestige with leaderboard rankings and be rewarded with some of the most powerful weapons that can be won! The Maelstrom Arena features nine combat rings and two different difficulty levels. Do you have what it takes to journey into the Maelstrom?

2d5d16d0-fa65-0132-4f97-0ec273752cbd.gif?
    Yeah, I like the idea of some challenging solo content :) Don't get me wrong, I enjoy challenging group content too (and actually, I probably enjoy it more as long as I've got a fun group of people to play it with), but there really hasn't been any challenging solo content...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to having a way, as a somewhat solo player, to get good endgame gear and rewards. I mean, I do vet dungeons and group PvP, but I really cherish my solo experience.

It should be a fun challenge. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.