Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thread for PC Users :)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Hm. Orsinuim things starting already.

Looks pretty interesting. But Datamining means very little at the moment as things change.

Sources/links pl0x :grin:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hm. Orsinuim things starting already.

Looks pretty interesting. But Datamining means very little at the moment as things change.

Sources/links pl0x :grin:

Never mind, found 2 threads to /lurk in:
    Orsinium promo starting soon?
    [Datamine] Orsinium
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Ashamed to say I've just read many, many pages to catch up with life in this thread, totally missed the console DLC drama's but it looked dangerous out there. :)

However that does mean I've been spending lots of time ingame and that's a good thing......... Right?

I decided to add up my /played time......

I only did 3 of my 6 characters because I decided after those three I really didn't want to know the exact amount of my life I've spent in 'fantasy land'!!

So this is just the figures for my VR16 sorc, VR16 Temp and VR14 DK and wait for it..........

Total time is around 160 days

It's too dark in my room for my solar calculator to function(and I'm too lazy to do the exact maths) so I've rounded the figures up/down........

OMG, I've got to get a life, like NOW!!

BTW really looking forward to Orsinium. :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Agreed. I've been having fun in Imperial City, but as I'm not really a PVP guy, I'm way more looking forward to Orsinium.

Also, I haven't really been keeping a tally, but @freespirit you might have the highest total /played so far in this thread...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Agreed. I've been having fun in Imperial City, but as I'm not really a PVP guy, I'm way more looking forward to Orsinium.

Also, I haven't really been keeping a tally, but @freespirit you might have the highest total /played so far in this thread...

Sssshhh.........

If my Hubby see's this he will finally have the proof he has been looking for! :(

On the subject of Orsinium though, the solo arena idea looks really, really interesting........

Love the fact my Healer will finally be able to prove she can DPS too.

Also thinking of a few guildies who may not fare so well without their support team. >:)

• Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, from what I could find scattered among the posts:

@P3ZZL3 66 days

@Shunravi 122 days

@likelolwhat 45d 19h 51m

@WldKarde 107d 23h 12m

@UrQuan 101d 8h 5m

@Reverb 94d 2h 54m

@lathbury 153d

@freespirit 160d

Still waiting on @Enodoc and I didn't see @MissBizz ever posting her numbers either.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    I didn't see @MissBizz ever posting her numbers either.
    Hers shouldn't count. I'm pretty sure that like 75% of it is just fishing :p
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention, it's worth noting when that players account was activated :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Hmm, true. I've been playing since launch day (I pre-ordered, but it was the physical special edition version, so I couldn't get it from the store early and I didn't end up playing the 3-day early access pre-order bonus).
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »

Pre-release here :)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't gotten my act together to add up my character (minus a couple of deletes).. So far the first three were like 10-14 days each. Some of the later ones (of the 16) ought to be much shorter.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just sat here with my calculator.........

The sun is shining so it's working atm........

and by my working out the game has been out for around 547 days so that averages out that I have played 7 hours per day every day since the game was released.

What worries me is I had a period of time before IC was released that I really didn't play hardly at all.

Thing is though, I have met some really nice people and had some ridiculously fun times, so I have come to the conclusion, it was time well spent!! :)

For the time being I am going to forget about the other 3 characters I have not included. :D

Edit:- 5 days early access here and Beta from Jan 2014, although Beta doesn't come into these calculations...... thank god!
    Edited by freespirit on September 29, 2015 10:02AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been looking at the reports of greifers sitting outside IC access.

Something should be done ... and all that.

So the reason I'm even considering it, is because my group o' 3 in IP that I've mentioned (probably far too many times) in IC just had a really nice experience the other evening. There is a particularly unpleasant blueberry who haunts the IC and ganks. He's a sorc and he's good and he comes after you over and over and over ... at that point no AP... no stones (ha. Like I have many anywa - but that's not the issue). And he's really good, and relentless and I can't even express how ... mean.

So, we have fought him before and died a lot and tried to find other places to go (and do writs) and so on.

The other night, we really sat down and thought 'Okay, what can we do? How can we synergize? What can we make work?' and it took some doing ... but he ran away from us. More than once. No we didn't kill him (that's a goal, trust me!). But he RAN away!!!

A couple other folks in the sewer jumped in when they figured out what we were doing. So apparently he's done an effective job of ... spreading ill will.

The total "high" we got from finally getting this jerk to run away (and really at that point killing him became much less important), made the game experience so much more fun - experiencing the size of that black cloud of "their is nothing I can do - I'm gonna die here - again" being taken away was amazing.

And then hearing about these .... players in Cyrodiil who are doing the same thing to someone else. Makes me want to set up some sort of cross-faction time to deliberately fight for sewer access for anyone (especially lowbies) who wants it. Like such-and-so days and times.

No clue how to do it - and no real time.... but I'm thinking.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon all!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220652/why-all-the-maintenance#latest

The latest thread to amuse me.

Sigh. Stay safe out there!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon all!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220652/why-all-the-maintenance#latest

The latest thread to amuse me.

Sigh. Stay safe out there!

Troll thread, man. Don't feed the thing ;)
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Been looking at the reports of greifers sitting outside IC access.

Something should be done ... and all that.

So the reason I'm even considering it, is because my group o' 3 in IP that I've mentioned (probably far too many times) in IC just had a really nice experience the other evening. There is a particularly unpleasant blueberry who haunts the IC and ganks. He's a sorc and he's good and he comes after you over and over and over ... at that point no AP... no stones (ha. Like I have many anywa - but that's not the issue). And he's really good, and relentless and I can't even express how ... mean.

So, we have fought him before and died a lot and tried to find other places to go (and do writs) and so on.

The other night, we really sat down and thought 'Okay, what can we do? How can we synergize? What can we make work?' and it took some doing ... but he ran away from us. More than once. No we didn't kill him (that's a goal, trust me!). But he RAN away!!!

A couple other folks in the sewer jumped in when they figured out what we were doing. So apparently he's done an effective job of ... spreading ill will.

The total "high" we got from finally getting this jerk to run away (and really at that point killing him became much less important), made the game experience so much more fun - experiencing the size of that black cloud of "their is nothing I can do - I'm gonna die here - again" being taken away was amazing.

And then hearing about these .... players in Cyrodiil who are doing the same thing to someone else. Makes me want to set up some sort of cross-faction time to deliberately fight for sewer access for anyone (especially lowbies) who wants it. Like such-and-so days and times.

No clue how to do it - and no real time.... but I'm thinking.

Good job, Newt!
    The other night on our campaign Red had both Roe and Alessia forcing a ride to the entrance from Fare. They were camping the sewer gate and also had ganking groups on the main riding line between Fare and the sewer.
    What we did was get a few people together and started running "sewer entrance trains". We'd gather up a bunch of people in zone to ride together and killed every Red we could find along the way and at the entrance. Then we went back and did it again. After a bit we got Alessia back and they gave up.

Might try something like that :)
    Edited by Xendyn on September 29, 2015 12:13PM

PC/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Yes, absolutely what a wonderful idea! Next time I'm on .... and not just to do writs before I fall asleep ... I'll have to ask about that in zone chat.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading this.........

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/220803/why-trials-are-becoming-a-thing-of-the-past#latest

For once a thread that I totally agree with......

I am really missing our trials nights, they were such good fun but who the hell wants VR14 or even VR13 gear!?! :(
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC/NA
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Thanks for pointing out that thread @Xendyn - from the title I feared it was another rage one, when in fact it gave me the warm fuzzies.

Now... let me go back to lurking :wink:
    PC-EU
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I hit a milestone of sorts the other night. All of the 8 characters on my main account are now vet rank! Yay! Now no matter which one I play I'm earning champion points!

Now, do I work on getting the characters on my second account to vet rank (they range from level 16 to level 30 right now), or do I work on completing Coldharbour (and the main quest) on the 4 characters on my main account who are only partway through it? Hmm, decisions...

Also, I led a group of guildies through part of Imperial City the other night, and we went and did the Arena district quest for them (I had already done it). As I consider that the hardest of the IC PVE quests to do solo, I was quite pleased that we were able to get it done for 5 or 6 folks who hadn't yet done it. We even took pity on a lone enemy player who was clearly just trying to get to the district's trophy vault, and didn't gang up on him and slaughter him. Good times.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good times.

I keep seeing this comment in your posts.

Have to ask: Have you seen 'Losers' the movie?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Good times.

I keep seeing this comment in your posts.

Have to ask: Have you seen 'Losers' the movie?
    Hmm, yes, but it was a while ago... I don't remember, did they say that in the movie? To be honest, it's something I've been saying for probably over 20 years - depending on the context sometimes I mean it sarcastically and sometimes very genuinely :)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember, did they say that in the movie? To be honest, it's something I've been saying for probably over 20 years - depending on the context sometimes I mean it sarcastically and sometimes very genuinely :)

Yes; several times but the one that keeps popping up in my head (and I'm mangling the quote, but attempting to keep the essence) is:

<trying to sound suave> "So what hobbies did you have as a child?"

<clearly not impressed> "I collected human ears."

<trying to say something as he crashes and burns> "Good times."
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there has been about a million threads from console players complaining about the lack of a chat window, but as of today I have to say that I envy them.

I know my friends, I can imagine some of you are thinking "Are you you insane WldKarde! Why the heck would you be against our chat windows on PC?".

Because thanks to our chat window, today I "officially " became OLD. :'(

For years now I've been using "cheaters" to be able to read things, but hey it happens to us all as we hit our 40's, so no big deal. I even found a keyboard with HUGE letters on it to help me with my typing, again, no big deal. But it turns out that it was that darn chat window that proved to be my undoing.

That darned blurry box in the lower right corner on my monitor has mocked me for the last time! Today I'm finally going to show it who's boss. >:)

Today I'm going to the Eye Doctor.
    Today I'm forced to admit I'm not a kid anymore.
    Today, for the first time ever...I "almost" wish I played ESO on console.

Sigh....
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I hit a milestone of sorts the other night. All of the 8 characters on my main account are now vet rank! Yay! Now no matter which one I play I'm earning champion points!

Now, do I work on getting the characters on my second account to vet rank (they range from level 16 to level 30 right now), or do I work on completing Coldharbour (and the main quest) on the 4 characters on my main account who are only partway through it? Hmm, decisions...

Also, I led a group of guildies through part of Imperial City the other night, and we went and did the Arena district quest for them (I had already done it). As I consider that the hardest of the IC PVE quests to do solo, I was quite pleased that we were able to get it done for 5 or 6 folks who hadn't yet done it. We even took pity on a lone enemy player who was clearly just trying to get to the district's trophy vault, and didn't gang up on him and slaughter him. Good times.

I wish I could say the same... My Main reached VR 14 since I got upgraded XP point wise because of the IC update. And then they raised level cap to VR16... Did I tell you that I play since launch day XD

Also my only other char that comes close to getting to VR1 is my Sorcerer Argonian. Not sure when that one will (if ever) reach level cap :D

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good Day All........

Feeling grumpy today so ventured into the danger zone to try and get a laugh........

This little nugget made me chuckle.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/221266/going-to-switch-char-is-not-log-out#latest

I am however quite easily amused :)

Edit :- special mention goes to post #10!

Edit 2:- I think I've just seen my soulmate in the video........ I could be Jim. :)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/206926/the-differently-geared-standing-in-stupid/p1
    Edited by freespirit on October 1, 2015 5:22PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah back to the EP sewers where all the NPCs have earned nicknames.

The adequate banker. ... who will probably keep my things safe.

The crabby merchant. .... who doesn't want to be asked (yet again) about rat poison.

And of course... scruffy cat.
    Edited by newtinmpls on October 1, 2015 6:49PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Distinct lack of cute puppy pictures lately.........

2n7idti.jpg

Fixed :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Distinct lack of cute puppy pictures lately.........

2n7idti.jpg

Fixed :)
    This poor dog is just appalled at the recent lack of doggy pics.
    6xIgEx2l_zpsmjumlahi.jpg
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)