The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blackwater Blade (EU)

• Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is this dc emp? Not the best I have to say.
    See, when you nightcap, players who don't deserve emp get emp.
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »

Technically, the one who gets emp has always deserved it because he/she has earned so much AP and got rank #1 because of repairing, healing, killing etc. and this probably in most cases long before the nightcap :) and I suppose this is also true for other alliances, too. Sometimes a player has rank #1 for more then two days...
    Edited by MelemB on February 20, 2017 6:39PM
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    MelemB wrote: »
    Fodore wrote: »

Technically, the one who gets emp has always deserved it because he/she has earned so much AP and got rank #1 because of repairing, healing, killing etc. and this probably in most cases long before the nightcap :) and I suppose this is also true for other alliances, too. Sometimes a player has rank #1 for more then two days...

My point was that they don't deserve it because a large amount of their ap was PvE based most likely. If it was pvp based there would be a different emp.

After that who cares?
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Technicially with the new AP scores, alot more AP is "PVE" based. Just saying.
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    I would say earning AP through PVE in Cyrodiil is not as incongruous as would appear at first sight if it means as an Emp you will repair all walls, take resources, kill NPCs etc. I mean, as a normal player without any ambition to get Emp I enter Cyrodiil because I want to take keeps, fight other players and above all else I want to have fun. This means technically I don't want to go and repair all walls and resources up to 100%, I don't want to kill NPCs when I can siege the inner wall, I don't want to go and take all resources if I can fight somewhere else in order to capture a keep and fight player enemies. But if no one else makes sure that the resources are safe and enemy resources taken, the alliance can be cut off of their own keep, it's harder to cut off enemy keeps and distract them from the hidden plan happening at another place, ppl need to concentrate at NPCs instead of siegeing fast,o our walls will fall faster if they are not repaired fully etc. So you see, this kind of an Emp is theoretically an Emp that takes all the burden that others don't like and is even helping the alliance in a way that is not so obvious.
    Cyrodiil is in particular, but not exclusively, about PvP, otherwise we would be in the IC (I don't have IC yet, so I am just guessing now). I wouldn't brush off these kind of Emps/players, same for healer Emps and Tank Emps.
    Edited by MelemB on February 21, 2017 8:33AM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends what you mean by "pve". If "pvp ap" is only ap from kills and heal, so ok but, doing only that = to be sure to not become emp.

And btw i'm agree with @MelemB . As you say many players only want fun, we can be happy for each faction than some players do repair and kills npcs. They do more for the faction than ap farmers who gank in solo. So, what kind of emp do you want ? many of them are solo players who do not lead any group and play alone or in smalescale.
    Edited by Xarc on February 21, 2017 10:53AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    It depends what you mean by "pve". If "pvp ap" is only ap from kills and heal, so ok but, doing only that = to be sure to not become emp.

And btw i'm agree with @MelemB . As you say many players only want fun, we can be happy for each faction than some players do repair and kills npcs. They do more for the faction than ap farmers who gank in solo. So, what kind of emp do you want ? many of them are solo players who do not lead any group and play alone or in smalescale.

A good solo emp player would be able to end an entire zerg solo in BwB. Much more useful than a zerging emp which wouldnt be able to take a decent player on 1 on 1. The new AP system makes it a pain to gain AP via kills alone, and now forces you to remain near a keep to gain the capture tick if you want to become emp.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    I remember some non-DD Emps that I liked a lot. There was an EP Emp (was it Playing-with-Fire?) that played a formidable tank. Just dived into the zerg, the zerg concentrated only on the Emp and the Emps group slaughtered the zerg, Emp itself didn't do much damage. How cool was that? :D Then there was another AD Emp, I think healer/tank that did small scale with just 2 other players and operated from behind by healing. There are different kind of Emps like there are different kind of players. They all should just play the style they like to play atm and be good at it and we should recognize that there is more to Emp than just 1v1 or 1vX.
    And abt the large amount of APs we get now: I LOVE IT! Now more players buy their own sieges AND a camp is easier to afford! Makes keep fights more intense I think.

By the way, what do u do as lead when u see there is someone in ur group that uses the sieges of other ppl and those complaining for the theft? Do u talk with them to give the sieges back and kick those freeloaders when they don't comply no matter the consequences ?
    Edited by MelemB on February 21, 2017 11:55AM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, what do u do as lead when u see there is someone in ur group that uses the sieges of other ppl and those complaining for the theft? Do u talk with them to give the sieges back and kick those freeloaders when they don't comply no matter the consequences ?

As leader I only ask ppl to not steal sieges.
    When it is my siege, I /w the player. And I say him "LEAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVEEEEE MYYYYYYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIEEEEGGGGGEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and it works fine most of the time :D

It is hard to know how is stealing sieges. But in the future i'll try to see what ppl are complaiging about what stealer and try to /w . I dont want to kick someone for that, it's annoying but not so serious.
    And many are new players and don't understand that little rule of courtesy. Imo as old players we have to repeat again & again to not do that, but I think they will understand the day someone steal their own siege.

Edited by Xarc on February 21, 2017 1:16PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @MelemB thanks for getting a mention didnt think any1 but me would remeber that 8-12h emperorship.

(Had a much longer comment that just wont post.)
    Edited by Jawasa on February 21, 2017 3:07PM
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MelemB I get that there are different types of emp, but it's pretty sad when the emp deals next to no damage, isn't a healer, and can't even tank just me. He just runs off into his keep when low health and then runs out with 3 other dc people who actually deserv that emp spot he has. And yeah, it was something like plays-with-fire he was a good emp.
    After that who cares?
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    @Jawasa You are Playing-with-Fire? lol Believe me, at that time when you were Emp everyone in my alliance wrote warnings in zone chat about your position, that you were coming and that we shouldn't focus you since that would likely be your aim so other EPs would slaughter us :D You were so hard to kill somehow it got like a contest to try to kill you. I still remember how you came rushing there where we tried to siege on higher grounds near a resource, standing in the middle of us all trying to kill you and safeguarding your alliance behind your back. And another person will always remember you, too: My friend got this one achievment for killing the Emp first time during your sally. Your 8-12 h emperorship was one of the most memorable ones imo. RIP You will always be remembered ;D
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @MelemB Yeah that was me. I'm glad people enjoyed the fights. Last two hours at Chalman was epic. Magica dragonknight makes the coolest emps. :smile:
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    @Jawasa <3 I love duoing with you. come to Azura more p
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Dral_Shady only IF you help me farm another set up with burning spellweave jewlery for My dk.
  • Victimize
    Victimize
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Magica dragonknight makes the coolest emps. :smile:

Totally, you dont wanna be stuck with a 2h and bow stam build which makes its pretty terrible for emp as no decent aoe = no dead zergs
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So last night some guys in Haderus zonechat agreed it was pointless to attack any keeps with CP disabled ("NPCs are too strong...") :D
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    So last night some guys in Haderus zonechat agreed it was pointless to attack any keeps with CP disabled ("NPCs are too strong...") :D

lol :D
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    I heard EP night capped emp.

Thoughts?
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP crowning an emp at 9a.m. Probably the first player ever to become emperor at lvl13. Quite a feat getting to the top of the leaderboard without earning any xp, I salute you!
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭
    EP crowning an emp at 9a.m. Probably the first player ever to become emperor at lvl13. Quite a feat getting to the top of the leaderboard without earning any xp, I salute you!

We all start small, remember Romulus Augustulus was 'level' 14 when he got the chance to become emperor xD

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We all start small, remember Romulus Augustulus was 'level' 14 when he got the chance to become emperor xD

Well, he started small and ended small :p
  • MelemB
    MelemB
    ✭✭

Well, he started small and ended small :p

Who? Romulus or the lvl 13 EP emperor? :P

Edit: You know, now we have to dethrone this emp within 10 hours as in the 10 month regime of Romulus :D

Edited by MelemB on March 23, 2017 1:02PM
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Ok new goal get emp at lvl 12.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK guys, I calculated it: Becoming Grand Overlord at lvl10 requires 1,293,600 repair kits :D
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭

OK guys, I calculated it: Becoming Grand Overlord at lvl10 requires 1,293,600 repair kits :D

Impressive. But is that with or without major vitality and blessing of war ? ;)
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dral_Shady wrote: »

Dont forget to play a breton too ;)
    Edited by Xarc on March 24, 2017 10:07AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    - since april.2014
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Dral_Shady wrote: »

Dont forget to play a breton too ;)

arghh you are right.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I got a breton templar with 20% mount speed soon ready for pvp. So just need some players to help me get emp next reset.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just need some players to help me get emp next reset.

Destroying towers for you to repair? Sure ;)