Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

• granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Knight150 wrote: »
    Hell yes, don't understand the no's at all

Aaah alot of us are worried about the lore eso bends it abit already we dont want it going further.
    But its ok in eso live they pretty much said it wont happen so we are lucky.
    Im fighting for player housing and guild halls over things like this.

like i said before they said eso would not go free to play and now look we can play for free.

Meh!
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah the world is just not right for it, and we already have flying mounts in game they are called sorcs, they can leap off the hillside at the back of keep and Mary Poppins into the keep never touching the ground, we have a flying mount already LOL.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Heromofo wrote: »
    Knight150 wrote: »
    Hell yes, don't understand the no's at all

Aaah alot of us are worried about the lore eso bends it abit already we dont want it going further.
    But its ok in eso live they pretty much said it wont happen so we are lucky.
    Im fighting for player housing and guild halls over things like this.

like i said before they said eso would not go free to play and now look we can play for free.

Adjusting the marketing strategy is quite different than providing derpmounts for minority of crying players/forum users...
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes
    Flying Mounts = Crowns Spent = ZOS Make More Money

and the original question was would you buy if zoz added it not would you unsubscribe / uninstall / wouldn't let this happen / this breaks lore.
    Meh!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Yeah, along with a million other things like Crazy Derby Hats, 50 different styles of suits, and a shark costume... Why would you think them to waste time coding animations/flying mounts to sell Crowns when they can just reskin the crap out of what they already have? It's how every other game does it, lol.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nope
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    1. Game isnt designed for it
    2. It doesnt fit with the lore

Nothing else needed to be said here. It does not belong in this world.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like a flying pet, maybe a mini-dragon, but not a flying mount. I was so disappointed by the dragons in Skyrim and if I can't control it then why do it? I'd as soon have a levitate spell.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    sure:D
    im open minded
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    No
    We understand what the original question said, but it would be like saying "would you like to have a million dollars?" of course people would if they could, but let us discuss the other stuff, such as "okay but where did the money come from? Would it be taxed?" etc.

If you wanted a simple Yes/No poll with no discussion then people would vote and there would be zero replies.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    1. Game isnt designed for it
    2. It doesnt fit with the lore

Nothing else needed to be said here. It does not belong in this world.
    Exactly my thoughts. I'd prefer if they were to be kept out.
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. No. No. and No. I don't even care about the lore, its about not playing a game that looks like a cartoon my kids watch.

There is a game that has those cartoonish qualities I heard.......
    Edited by Psychobunni on May 6, 2015 8:21PM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I'd buy one. I'm not going to sit out of proposed content. That said, I don't want them to be added.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, am done playing WoW!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes i would...

but...

The setup of this game prevents them from being added 100%

Lore wise in additon to game structure.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for all the people saying no i would give you 20 minuets after seeing the first flying mount before you went and bought one yourself. :-)

Yes I would probably buy one, but it would be so game breaking I hope they never add them.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would You Buy A Flying Mount If They Were To Come To ESO

i would if it meant they did not go over like 5 feet i want flying mounts not airplanes

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    for all the people saying no i would give you 20 minuets after seeing the first flying mount before you went and bought one yourself. :-)

Want to bet a year's sub on it? :D

Note: I have no idea if betting is against TOS
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• granty2008cyb16_ESO
    Yes

Want to bet a year's sub on it? :D

Note: I have no idea if betting is against TOS

sure lol
    Meh!
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the zergs now flying directly into keeps. We would need anti aircraft siege weapons.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no. I would buy a Bull Netch mount if they added one, just for laughs. Hovering at walking speed across Tamriel at a steady height of five meters above ground. Anything else, no. Just no. And it's not going to happen. Neither the game engine nor the level design would support flying of any kind except as a very limited effect in some quest, like that one spot with the "super jump" in the Shad Astula academy in Deshaan.
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they were brought into the game, if course I'd have to buy one. Otherwise I would probably not be able to access the content that requires a flying mount that would no doubt follow.

However, if I had a say, I wouldn't want flying mounts to be implemented in the first place. Not for ESO
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This game isn't designed to handle flying mounts. It's about as logical as adding a levitation spell. It would be by definition exploitable and broken or it would hover 1 foot off the ground and be no more useful than a regular horse.

Imagine all the invisible walls we'd fly into. Lol
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Gidorick wrote: »
    This game isn't designed to handle flying mounts. It's about as logical as adding a levitation spell. It would be by definition exploitable and broken or it would hover 1 foot off the ground and be no more useful than a regular horse.

Imagine all the invisible walls we'd fly into. Lol

Oh Lord, I don't want to even consider that. LOL
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I wouldn't mind a hovering mount, but nothing that flies.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    No
    They are still having problems with ground mounts. Aside from that There is no real reason to have flying mounts in this game. Travel is easy, the zones are small, it;s not as if you have to walk for hours to get anywhere.

Flying mounts would break the 'atmosphere' of ESO, (Forgive the pun)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Killum wrote: »
    They are still having problems with ground mounts.
    Are they? I haven't had any issues with my mounts since the last patch (or it might have been the patch before the last one). Are people still having various mount bugs?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ...Too many WoW players came to ESo, it seems...
    Not complaining, just... It doesn't fit. The lore of WoW IS NOT THE SAME as the lore of the Elder Scrolls series, so OF COURSE that one game will have stuff that the other is not even built for...

For those who don't know : try to understand "Lore" as the (Hi)story, or 'World'.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

and the original question was would you buy if zoz added it not would you unsubscribe / uninstall / wouldn't let this happen / this breaks lore.

The NO reflects that I would unsubscribe and therefore not buy the mount.

So no, I would not buy the POS, flying WOW like garbage.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. If they add flying mounts then i want some AA guns added to keeps in Cyrodiil. Maybe a Spitfire fighter too just in case some Dovahkiin wannabe comes flying over the walls on a dragon.