Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

We would like more feminine armors

• liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anoteros wrote: »
    dear lord this thread attracts all the prudes and feminist /yawn

Just because you don't want to see skin there's other who DO want to see skin. Why is what you WANT in game more valid than others?

Exactly.

They can wear what they want they should just have an armour value to represent what they ware.
  • chairenn
    chairenn
    ✭✭✭

Just because you don't want to see skin there's other who DO want to see skin. Why is what you WANT in game more valid than others?

Exactly.
    Feminist yes, man-hater not, prude not :wink: What I'm saying is that boob plate has been seen soooo many times already, ESO feels like a refreshing wind. Why not offer costumes and/or a new crafting style for those who want legs, butt and boobs, I just wouldn't like to see the existing styles altered :blush:
    on/off in Tamriel since beta 2014 | EU PC | main healer
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    chairenn wrote: »

Exactly.
    Feminist yes, man-hater not, prude not :wink: What I'm saying is that boob plate has been seen soooo many times already, ESO feels like a refreshing wind. Why not offer costumes and/or a new crafting style for those who want legs, butt and boobs, I just wouldn't like to see the existing styles altered :blush:

Agreed. More "aesthetic customization" ability would be an acceptable resolution to this- but only if it's not applied as a default to everyone else.

Also agreed to the "feminist yes/man-hater no, prude not". Being a feminist doesn't mean you hate men, etc. anymore than saying if you're not it means you're automatically a misogynist. Gotta love when people throw out divisive terminology and resort to name-calling because they don't have anything intelligent to contribute to a conversation.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife asked me to write to you.

Right........where is that lol up vote. I for one hope the armor in this game never goes that ridiculous route like those Korean MMOs.

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

Edited by LordSkyKnight on April 9, 2015 7:56AM
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • metalsugarb16_ESO
    metalsugarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is the first MMO I've played where I've liked the different armours. Finally my characters can wear proper trousers and FUNCTIONAL tops.

There is a reason why I don't playe Korean games, it ruins my character. I wouldn't let anyone look up my skirt while running up a staircase in RL or down my cleavage for that matter (especially when I'm on a quest to stop evil), and I don't want it for my MMO-characters (who I live vicariously through) either.

If you want a game with skimpy armour, mod your Skyrim (get the brothel-add on) or play something Korean.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for skimpy - as long as it is offered for BOTH GENDERS. As soon as this game starts pandering to female skimpy only (like TERA did), then I'll be gone so fast you won't see me for the dust.

I understand that this game can't be modded, but there are straight women and gay men playing this game as well as straight guys, we want to see skin too. Especially as there are so many tattoo and body paint options - pretty useless having any, if all we do is cover them all up.

In town, my guys often go around shirtless, especially the khajiits. Such beautiful work on their fur patterns, just to be covered up.
    Edited by AlienSlof on April 9, 2015 9:17AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% armour reduction......50% chance to stun :d
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • michael_bimson
    michael_bimson
    ✭✭✭
    htoncic wrote: »
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.

We already did... it's called Light Armor.

You never watched xena did you.

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

But she never got hit. That counts as a ton of armor.

Plot armour = exploit! Xena was exploiting the whole way through that series!
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    htoncic wrote: »
    If they go around dressed like xena then they should have their armour value cut down to 1/4 to reflect their choice of armour.

We already did... it's called Light Armor.

You never watched xena did you.

She wore medium armour that consisted of a leather bra and skirt. It had 0 value as armour.

But she never got hit. That counts as a ton of armor.

Plot armour = exploit! Xena was exploiting the whole way through that series!

The show wasn't cancelled she was perma banned for exploiting. :open_mouth:
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, people making threats about leaving if such armor choices are or aren't presented is horribly silly. HOWEVER, with that said... I don't see why they don't offer it? If people can parade around as skeletons and draug, they should be able to parade around in whatever variety of armor/clothing/costumes they choose. Get over it.

Also, there are men running around in bride dresses.... but who cares? That's up to them. Some do it for jokes, others --- who knows lol.

This is a Mature game, don't play a Mature game if you don't expect Mature content at some point or another.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, people making threats about leaving if such armor choices are or aren't presented is horribly silly. HOWEVER, with that said... I don't see why they don't offer it? If people can parade around as skeletons and draug, they should be able to parade around in whatever variety of armor/clothing/costumes they choose. Get over it.

Also, there are men running around in bride dresses.... but who cares? That's up to them. Some do it for jokes, others --- who knows lol.

This is a Mature game, don't play a Mature game if you don't expect Mature content at some point or another.

Actuallly a lot of people where shirt + trouser costumes in PVP so people cant see or guess their armour type/style and stats. So people already run around wearing stuff that offers no protection.

So although I agree with the premise....armour rating = armour effectiveness....that notion is in reality already wrecked.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 9, 2015 9:53AM
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Actuallly a lot of people where shirt + trouser costumes in PVP so people cant see or guess their armour type/style and stats. So people already run around wearing stuff that offers no protection.

So although I agree with the premise....armour rating = armour effectiveness....that notion is in reality already wrecked.

Yes, so why shouldn't people have the choice? There is nothing reality about this game aside from being able to cook, talk, walk, fight, gain a bounty LOL, and those sorts of things....etc.

It's a fantasy game. All characters have some sort of magic to them regardless of whether you are a stam/mag/hybrid build. There could be MANY reasons for why this works. Oh I can pop a potion and have physical resistance!! Oh I can be invisible... let's not start taking the fantasy out of a fantasy game. More options = a good thing.
  • Wintersage
    Wintersage
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    They're not dresses, they're robes.
    Most robes tend to wrap around you, and open in the front. I'm willing to bet if I wore something like that in real life, not one person who saw me would go "Oh. What a pretty robe." I'd be good with it if they looked like actual robes, though. Little magey trench coat lookin' things? Yes please.
    And you DO know you can craft jerkins instead? Right?
    Not I. I can't craft so much as a sandwich. I'm only here for the fireballs to the face. Besides. There's more than enough jerkins right here in this thread for all.
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind costumes or whatever but i really do think combat armor should look realistic and practical.

So no steel-bras or wow style portable houses on your shoulders please...
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    I don't mind costumes or whatever ...

If we can choose (but we can't ... money talks). I would like to play for it, not pay for it. If I pay for it -1 progress, -1 goals. I won't stay in a game for buying items from the item shop.
    If we get new motifs, new dropped styles more progress, more goals to achieve, I stay and If I stay maybe buy something during that time.

Edited by ChuckyPayne on April 9, 2015 10:19AM
  • daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    It is a fantasy setting game, I can understand that some logic does not apply in such a setting

Still as a re-enactor doing my best to be as historically correct as possible the whole boob-plate and skimpy armor is frowned upon by my inner self.

It did not exist ! xD Enough ! xD
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We, as a community, really had quite a fierce argument over this when Redguard light was "lost" and Orc heavy was changed.

To enter the world of Elder Scrolls is, in some ways, to engage a cult with some very specific sensibilities. I would call it World of Landmines if ESO is your first exposure to it.

Lots of things you simply cannot discuss such as males and females being physically equal despite men have much, MUCH more muscle mass in their characters. Or noting the practical absurdity of heavy armor cups for breasts in the first place, exposed chests aside.

Asian games are viewed as low brow by many yet it's a different view - in many ways the original view - of elves as bewitchers that was offloaded to the Daedra in this lore. Folks accept the Dark Seducer or Golden Saint costumes or The Encasement of Anguish because they accept the bewitcher role in that context.

And legs must be covered. This one still puzzles me.

After being told to "go **** yourself sideways" in NA EP RP guild chat I gave up and quit ESO RP. I'm not of this clan and no longer aspired to be a member. It's a dog whistle to me. I know they're hearing something - a sound is broadcast - but I can never hear it.

I still post screenshots of the old Redguard light from time to time but this subject has no rational basis to it and cannot be discussed.

Fashion has never been rational. It's an aesthetic sensibility, rooted in culture and human desire bounded by mores. Dangerous ground.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We, as a community, really had quite a fierce argument over this when Redguard light was "lost" and Orc heavy was changed.

To enter the world of Elder Scrolls is, in some ways, to engage a cult with some very specific sensibilities. I would call it World of Landmines if ESO is your first exposure to it.

Lots of things you simply cannot discuss such as males and females being physically equal despite men have much, MUCH more muscle mass in their characters. Or noting the practical absurdity of heavy armor cups for breasts in the first place, exposed chests aside.

Asian games are viewed as low brow by many yet it's a different view - in many ways the original view - of elves as bewitchers that was offloaded to the Daedra in this lore. Folks accept the Dark Seducer or Golden Saint costumes or The Encasement of Anguish because they accept the bewitcher role in that context.

After being told to "go **** yourself sideways" in NA EP RP guild chat I gave up and quit ESO RP. I'm not of this clan and no longer aspired to be a member. It's a dog whistle to me. I know they're hearing something - a sound is broadcast - but I can never hear it.

I still post screenshots of the old Redguard light from time to time but this subject has no rational basis to it and cannot be discussed.

Fashion has never been rational. It's an aesthetic sensibility, rooted in culture and human desire bounded by mores. Dangerous ground.

It has nothing to do with any of that for me. It's all about practicality, if you are wearing heavy armour but only your breasts and crotch and waist is covered, then you are not properly attired for combat and should face lowered armour value to show it.
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    You all know they will more likely add costumes to appease the market in this why vise changing the armor models. May add in a new design via skill books here or there, maybe? My money is on the costumes though because that makes them money.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has nothing to do with any of that for me. It's all about practicality, if you are wearing heavy armour but only your breasts and crotch and waist is covered, then you are not properly attired for combat and should face lowered armour value to show it.

You also shouldn't be able to go invisible, since you know.. that's not realistic. Or put your hands together a heal people... because let's face it... it's not medicine nor professional medical care. Your reasoning has no place in a fantasy game. You are entitled to it of course, but it has no reasoning. People run around as SKELETONS... technically 1 hit they should fall apart since there is none of the flesh parts holding it in tact. Fantasy game = not bound to the rules of the real world.
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You also shouldn't be able to go invisible, since you know.. that's not realistic. Or put your hands together a heal people... because let's face it... it's not medicine nor professional medical care. Your reasoning has no place in a fantasy game. You are entitled to it of course, but it has no reasoning. People run around as SKELETONS... technically 1 hit they should fall apart since there is none of the flesh parts holding it in tact. Fantasy game = not bound to the rules of the real world.

Hello mr straw man.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less cleaverage. I have (some) standards!

• VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭

While not bound by the rules of the real world, it is still bound by the rules of it's own world.

Tamriel has armour value. In Tamriel you are more protected in full plate then a light robe. This is all part of it's own rules. Therefore, if you only cover you intimates with the plate your armour value should be lower by it's own rules.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they should have added a coverage penalty to all armour styles.
    Those skimp heavy armour could get 80% penalty....but still be wearable.
    I wouldnt have any confidence in ZOS to implemement it though...especially as you have the number of pieces bonuses.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somehow, I don't think people watched Xena
    There, fixed ;)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    24670_front.jpg

Good thing we're no longer living in the 1990s, I Guess...

For many reasons, yes:

bros--z.jpg
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at this page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=female+knights&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wWkmVZaNLMKSsAXqloAY&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=755#imgrc=_

Compare 'real' female knight armor versus fantasy game female armors. Notice how the 'real' armors don't have boob windows or skimpy-ness to them. They are designed to protect the wearer. And it's still fairly feminine.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said, it's Elder Scrolls, a world created over decades, as much by its players as by its developers, with a sensibility that can only have an internal consistency to members of that clan.

Separating the tools of war from the desires of fashion. In many of these discussions we have never got even close to that far. One groups says fashion and is responded to with armor....armor....ARMOR :p

We're not even in agree to disagree range.

There is no right or wrong to this.

The lore of this game is singular. I may respect it but I will never have the feel for it; it will never speak to me the way it does to many of you.

There is little point in going over it because we'll never understand each other fully. Worse, we are so far apart that we willfully misrepresent each other with great zeal.

And THAT is pretty much the normal state of affairs among people ;)
  • gwillard_ESO
    gwillard_ESO
    ✭✭

If they do that, I want a butt shield.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is the first MMO I've played where I've liked the different armours. Finally my characters can wear proper trousers and FUNCTIONAL tops.

There is a reason why I don't playe Korean games, it ruins my character. I wouldn't let anyone look up my skirt while running up a staircase in RL or down my cleavage for that matter (especially when I'm on a quest to stop evil), and I don't want it for my MMO-characters (who I live vicariously through) either.

If you want a game with skimpy armour, mod your Skyrim (get the brothel-add on) or play something Korean.

Dont know why one thing must rule out the other. If som people prefer to run around in simple monk robes and other rags sure thing, but for those who like girly-girl stuff or even, the gods forbid (!), skimpy stuff then I dont see a prob with it really.
    Everyone woulnt need to use it or can simply cover their eyes while passing by nice looking female characters?
    And please, leave RL where it belongs - this is a game after all.