Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We would like more feminine armors

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'm just trying to figure out why, in fantasy games, we must either be nuns (ESO) or hookers (most other fantasy genre games). Are there truly no female designers on the art team for this stuff? Because the art of dressing BEAUTIFULLY, as opposed to painfully conservative or downright tarty seems to be lost...which baffles me since women have been mastering it since time immemorial.

The number of people who think that "feminine" is a synonym for "slutty" amazes me.

It shouldn't, but it does.

Sad but true. Words...they're not that hard folks. Dictionaries are free online these days. SIGH. :neutral:
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 11, 2015 11:13PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to figure out why, in fantasy games, we must either be nuns (ESO) or hookers (most other fantasy genre games). Are there truly no female designers on the art team for this stuff? Because the art of dressing BEAUTIFULLY, as opposed to painfully conservative or downright tarty seems to be lost...which baffles me since women have been mastering it since time immemorial.

That's always been the issue, my friend. Years ago folks attributed two things to game developers because the VAST majority were young and male:

1. Hypersexualization. There was a time awhile back when so many developers' cubicles were adorned with Motoko - the provocative movie poster from Ghost in the Shell. And when you looked over an artist's portfolio many tended to feature female come hither elves.

2. Ultra-violence. I used to joke that most game developers had been geeks as kids and had been beaten up so often growing up that games were a way to get back at the world.

But nowadays there's a different rule. Never assume the person hiring is male, white, or straight. Plus, unlike when I was a kid and subjected to daily beatings by my peers, geek today means something completely different. Bullying is regarded very differently now too.

Plus it's almost an even split now male/female across the entire spectrum of gamers.

So why is what you say so utterly true today? Because the industry itself is young and focused on a very basic set of impulses.

But many people here will be playing The Witcher 3 shortly and I'm sure everyone can point to a slew of titles that were violent, yes, but moving as well, such as The Last of Us.

Unfortunately choice does not seem to be expanding as much in the MMO world as it is in other genres. It's in a bit of a rut, alas.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The number of people who think that "feminine" is a synonym for "slutty" amazes me.

Sad but true. Words...they're not that hard folks. Dictionaries are free online these days. SIGH. :neutral:

Well,

if we look at society today then every women that wears a dress, or tighter jeans automatically shows her desire for "knik knak" if you know what I mean...
    This is at least what the media is trying to tell us and what men believe (not all, but quite a lot) >:)

Personally,

I think that style no matter in which way shows personality and self esteem. Especially a women can do so much with clothing, hair or attitude - its a pity that for some reason this got kind of lost over the past centuries. I still drool over outfits from the 18th / 19th century, where is that today?
    Edited by Audigy on April 12, 2015 1:25AM
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just to point out the orc 'window' that was there previously was a horrible design from a lore perspective. Visit an orc stronghold and you would find orc women as master blacksmiths and i doubt having an open space in the chest peice would make sense. Orc cheifteins take forge-wives, these are skilled master blacksmiths. I always found it odd that with how much blacksmithing lore orcs have that the first female chestpeice design had gaping hole.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In RL feminine and slutty aren't the same thing but in mmorpg female armor= sl(u)t armor. Google mmorpg female armor and what you see isn't armor at all.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wife asked me to write to you.

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
    Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor.
    It was pretty much the lineup the rest of armors is not feminine.

Of course this is a subjective opinion with a woman eye.

Do you have any example on feminine armor??

I'm ok with feminine armor as long it is not some bloody bikini plate armor like in WoW serious i so hate armor look like this
    AQ20.png
    serious that is so bloody stupid.
    Edited by Wolfshead on April 12, 2015 7:16AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    708d64c317a680c01aa73ac3d022de9a.jpg

I would also like to point out that the whole suit isn't armor.
    Technically the only parts armored are her bewbs, shoulders, upper arms, she's gauntleted, belt and kneepads...with minor upper thigh armor. Her belly is completely exposed as well as groin/*** area. On Krypton, any stab or cut or shot to those uncovered areas would be very disastrous.

I leave you to look at and hate or love this armor. So want to see it in this game.

7lRvnxk.jpg

Edited to show picture of Faora Ul

The 1st armor do really look good and it look feminine as well.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    Ah...I knew I remembered seeing a good example of the same armor types, but one for male and one for female. The female full plate is clearly a woman, and not at all bad looking! But without going crazy with boob windows or exposed skin. It also captures the 'fantasy' armor style pretty well, I thought.

4b818acbjw1e44f8rdodyj20ov18gdqr.jpg
    Edited by Eliteseraph on April 12, 2015 7:48AM
    "What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • blackevil86
    blackevil86
    ✭✭
    One of the core philosophies of The Elder Scrolls Online is to allow you to play the way you want.

Wasn't that advertised? What part of the game is like that in reality? They give you no choice AT ALL. Play the class you chose EXACTLY like we (as in ZOS) want you, WHERE we want, and exactly HOW we want. Oh, and no changing that ugly robes m8! Or you will suck in PVP lol xD

Freedom of choice is what makes a game interesting and makes you want to pursue that "diversity", be it in play style, costumes, mounts or even to let you put different fish on your head. Imma go with salmon today. hbu? Got no fish? well lets go hunt some rare species together. In ESO, well u can fish your own fish just for the lulz and noone will see the huge tuna u got in your bag. Can you choose what fish to fish? Can you choose what to wear? Can you choose to be a magika NB?

So many of you looking for realism and lore, but putting a huge fish on your head is just as real as having it in your bag that YOU DON'T EVEN CARRY AROUND WITH YOU!!!

Get real ppl. Choice is good. Realism in game...not so much (at least the one many of you are talking about). I still cant seem to take off someone's helm to stab him in the eye. Not even from behind! :/
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't the armours, skimpy or otherwise.

The problem is people, their lack of tolerance for others, and their inability to consider any point of view other than their own.

I fall into the "dont care" camp, wear what you want it don't bother me, big butch Orc in a wedding dress ? Damn dude, gimmee some of your wedding cake :)

No doubt someone will be along shortly to inform me that my being tolerant is a bad thing, which will kinda prove my point I guess.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    of course ill inform you tolerance is bad, because you're obviously being accepting :)

semantics at times matter. I like to say tolerance is the regal sash of tryanny. its wonderful until you start to realize it hides the fact whoever is tolerating x behavior given the chance without repercussion would end x behavior.

like i said i found it silly based on lore, the boob window for heavy chest peice would fit way better with the dunmer style than orc. The dunmer seem to value beauty the orcs dont and thats just another example of why I find it silly.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course ill inform you tolerance is bad, because you're obviously being accepting :)

semantics at times matter. I like to say tolerance is the regal sash of tryanny. its wonderful until you start to realize it hides the fact whoever is tolerating x behavior given the chance without repercussion would end x behavior.

like i said i found it silly based on lore, the boob window for heavy chest peice would fit way better with the dunmer style than orc. The dunmer seem to value beauty the orcs dont and thats just another example of why I find it silly.

And I saw lots of characters wearing it....don't recall seeing an Orc character in it but the point is that these racial motifs are not race specific in their use. They all amount to a shared library of choice.

Thus it may be interesting to some, but utterly irrelevant in this game, which racial style is which....unless you want to create examples of it and don't own the book.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on April 12, 2015 3:31PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor is armor and should act like armor. If you wear a skimpy armor set you should have skimpy armor stats. You want half naked woman running around go play a Korean MMO. Or better yet, stop playing video games and go get yourself some strange. I've never understood the need to see animated woman undressed. It's disturbing, creepy, and reserved for 13 year olds who have not yet found internet ***.

eadc8aa07aaf2366ed8e3cbc83f69dba.jpg
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course they are not race specific in use but the design is race specific in origin. With that we can draw conclusions as to which design fits best for each race. This is for design purposes not use.

there are already meager descriptions in the racial motif to work with
    Edited by jcasini222ub17_ESO on April 12, 2015 3:52PM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor is armor and should act like armor. If you wear a skimpy armor set you should have skimpy armor stats. You want half naked woman running around go play a Korean MMO. Or better yet, stop playing video games and go get yourself some strange. I've never understood the need to see animated woman undressed. It's disturbing, creepy, and reserved for 13 year olds who have not yet found internet ***.
    So what you are saying is that everyone not sharing your opinion must be a prepubescent with a warped sense of sexuality. Wow, good start into a quite mature discussion, congratulations.
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭

Agree completely. There is a world of difference between feminine and slutty, and yet for some reason when we say we want to be more feminine we get handed a bikini. There have been some excellent examples of feminine armours posted in this thread, and I'd really like to see the art team incorporate some of those ideas.

And I'm perfectly fine with a more fantasy look, suspended belief when it comes to the practicality of armour. I just don't want to run around in a thong and/or with underboob hanging out.
  • hammerwinn
    I Say Just add Costumes to Every NPC...

Get some decent art work going on.

Then if you want to look a certain way... Just like in REAL LIFE... you Go into town, Find the Bloke with the Threads you like best, follow em, and take em out when they make a wrong turn. Lewt your prize, and make a clean get away before anyone see's you!

This system implemented into the game would definitely be enjoyable.

Give it some interesting dialogue options, intimidation and persuasion ...and You got a laughing fest as well :sunglasses:
    Idk , it could be as funny as the basket heads of skyrim. They should totally do this.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little sad that so many seem to think "bikini = ***".

While it's valid to say that feminine ≠ bikini, I dislike the generalization that anyone who likes to see or show some skin is of dubious moral character.

edit: so, you can say "slutty", but not ***.
    Edited by milkbox on April 12, 2015 4:44PM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a large part of the issue as others have said, is that there seems to be no middleground on the internet, it's either demure, or it's smut. I wouldn't be opposed to seing more "feminine" styles or armor and clothing, but from past expirience once you open that door it becomes chainkini hell, if ZOS doesn't veer into tasteless crap then i think it would be well welcomed across the board.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood the need to see animated woman undressed.

Strangely enough, men(and not a few women) find the female form attractive and enjoyable to look at. The medium that form comes in generally doesn't matter. Digital, canvas, stone, or real life. It's really that simple.

"What a sad world we live in, where politeness is mistaken for weakness." - Usagi Yojimbo
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    My wife asked me to write to you.

As women in general, love to dress up. They like the beautiful feminine clothes. This is same in the game.
    Argonian Cloth Lvl1 armor or the Dark Seducer costume is feminine armor.
    It was pretty much the lineup the rest of armors is not feminine.

Of course this is a subjective opinion with a woman eye.

Do you have any example on feminine armor??

I'm ok with feminine armor as long it is not some bloody bikini plate armor like in WoW serious i so hate armor look like this
    AQ20.png
    serious that is so bloody stupid.

Ya this picture is a good example that "less" is not always more. As a former BE player I must admit that my chars always had their precious a bit more covered than the young lady on your picture.

• Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

My tolerance comes from the fact that this is just a game and what other players wear etc doesn't actually make any difference to my enjoyment of it.

I have intolerance and tolerance of things that do matter out here in the real world but not for things of fiction and fantasy in a video game.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    and i accept or reject premises/people in the real world. like i said this is semantics, what happens when tolerating something stops? what is the 'tolerance' hiding? what is the 'tolerance' keeping at bay? which brings me back to that point given the chance, without repercussion, what would you do presented with an action/person you 'tolerate'

i agree, if you re-read what i previously wrote you can see my concern was with the sillyness pertaining to lore. you do you i accept that, and certainly in a game do whatever im still mildly disappointed i have run across an orc or nord in a wedding dress. we agree but i feel semantically we are coming from different places.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    armor_small_by_chaosringen-d73llq1.jpg

I would SOOOO kill for an armor like this.. But this game doesn't use armor models apparently, and this can't be done in "spandex" version (aka just texture override for 90% armor). Not to mention Zenimax loves their shoulder armor to stick UP AND TO THE SIDE, instead of actually protecting shoulders/arms.

But yeah, this is truly beautiful peace of heavy armor..

(not that the old artworks of racial armors were bad.. by all means no, they looked badass as heck... just the ingame versions have killed all my dreams)

And for those thinking everything that doesn't have think metal plates over 100% of the body is not protective enough... ARE YOU SANE? Do you have any idea how heavy metal plates are? Do you think you'd happily fight in a suit that weights 200 kg? Remember, this is middle-ages, it's not ironman's exoskeleton armor. It doesn't move on it's own. If you're wearing at least a chainmail shirt/vest under metal plates, it's enough (and still heavy enough..). Chainmail is not lace. It's not as easy to cut as you think..
    Edited by ArRashid on April 12, 2015 6:38PM
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    708d64c317a680c01aa73ac3d022de9a.jpg

I would also like to point out that the whole suit isn't armor.
    Technically the only parts armored are her bewbs, shoulders, upper arms, she's gauntleted, belt and kneepads...with minor upper thigh armor. Her belly is completely exposed as well as groin/*** area. On Krypton, any stab or cut or shot to those uncovered areas would be very disastrous.

Ofc it's not all armor. It's supposed to be something like chainmail suit with additional partial platemail. That armor from the medieval standpoint is pretty great. Dunno what a metal suit doing on Superman villian but whatever. Still looks good.
    Edited by ArRashid on April 12, 2015 6:49PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And just when it calms down back comes the Storm of Dogma *cue the organ*

There's a place for SHOULDs....they belong on a northbound path up a southbound lane.

It's not all fighting, sir.

Was just looking at this video - a year in review in RP....please feel free to issue citations to the gals wearing the old Redguard light and other clothing that simply shouldn't be protecting them ;)

Seriously, this video is a real tour de force of fashion that fits the scene, the mood, the occasion.

Oh one day, please RNG deities, I've worshiped at your Dark Anchors....please allow the Encasement of Anguish to drop for me :'(

Edited by bellanca6561n on April 12, 2015 6:49PM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Psst.

This thread is about all of the armor styles (light, medium, heavy) in general, not just heavy armor.

So really, what you're saying doesn't make much sense. Maybe read the OP?
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst.

This thread is about all of the armor styles (light, medium, heavy) in general, not just heavy armor.

So really, what you're saying doesn't make much sense. Maybe read the OP?

Nah, some people just prefer to come in flinging straw men and ad hominim attacks. Lifting their leg all over and calling everyone who doesn't want their characters all dressed like last century's schoolmarms a bunch of degenerates is so much easier that explaining why they need their hangup has to be everyone's hangup. I'm sure there's a few who do want a chainkini, but most up us are looking for something a lot less revealing and more classy but more attractive than what we currently have.
  • Eliteseraph
    Eliteseraph
    ✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »

Ofc it's not all armor. It's supposed to be something like chainmail suit with additional partial platemail. That armor from the medieval standpoint is pretty great. Dunno what a metal suit doing on Superman villian but whatever. Still looks good.

It was a form powered armor suit that enhanced speed and strength, as well as giving environmental protection(helmet not shown in that pic).
    Edited by Eliteseraph on April 12, 2015 10:32PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I saw lots of characters wearing it....don't recall seeing an Orc character in it but the point is that these racial motifs are not race specific in their use. They all amount to a shared library of choice.

Thus it may be interesting to some, but utterly irrelevant in this game, which racial style is which....unless you want to create examples of it and don't own the book.
    My orc characters wore it and, well, they still wear it even after the change in the orc armour style. Almost all of my characters wear the racial style of their race, although I make exceptions in some cases when the racial style doesn't feel right for my character concept. One example is a female Nord templar I've got where her armour is a mish-mash of Nord, Altmer, and Orc, with each piece carefully chosen for the way it looks (and dyed to complete the cohesive look), because together they fit my concept of a feminine, yet well armoured knight. This included the Orc heavy armour chest piece back when it had the boob window, but that piece wasn't actually there for the boob window, it was there because I liked the lines of it (especially the collar area). To be honest, I think she looks even better post-boob window. I might post a pic when I get home.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)