The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Harrassment Already A Larger Problem

• Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    King Bozo wrote: »
    I get upset when someone grabs a resource before me, should I report them? I paid for the game just like you and you're going to tell me where I can and can't dance with my character? (I never would troll because I just don't care enough). The servers/game are for everyone, not just you. In all seriousness, don't let it bother you, simple as that. Don't be so easily influenced by others actions.

I feel you have completely missed the issue at large, and no one is telling you that you are not allowed to dance. You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behi... *ahem*
    As well it's becoming extremely redundant to re-post the perfectly writing responses by some of the other contributors to this thread to counter. There is a clear line between those who like you, said don't troll because you don't care enough, well there are those who do, those trolls that -will- do anything in their power to make a great game into a worthless pile of pixels.

In all seriousness, how can anyone not see a serious problem with the harassment at large, not just in roleplaying but in general, seriously?
    GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frozstee wrote: »
    In all seriousness, how can anyone not see a serious problem with the harassment at large, not just in roleplaying but in general, seriously?

My thoughts: A) These individuals have never been seriously trolled.
    B) These individuals don't "invest" or "engage" with the game at the levels others do.
    C) These individuals are the trolls.
    D) These individuals still believe the old adage, "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me."

I'm sure there are other options too.
  • Rioghnan
    Rioghnan
    ✭✭✭
    @Frozstee AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind...
    You die first!
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about harressment. This is online gaming and you should learn how to block people if they really hurt your feelings. The world is not always nice and you should be mature enough to not take negative comments so serious. Should you end up crying or your feelings get hurt then single player games with no communication may be your best choice.

I agree with this. I get upset when someone grabs a resource before me, should I report them? I paid for the game just like you and you're going to tell me where I can and can't dance with my character? (I never would troll because I just don't care enough). The servers/game are for everyone, not just you. In all seriousness, don't let it bother you, simple as that. Don't be so easily influenced by others actions.

These kind of comments are very ignorant and disrespectful. Are you telling me that just because I have the right and capability to do something I should do that?

Just because you paid for the game doesn't entitle you to harass other people's right on how they play the game. People are not telling you how you should or should not play the game, and you have no right to disrespect how they choose to play their game. If the ESO community would not care about harassment, then everyone would just harass each other no matter how they want to play the game. Is that what you want?

This is not like DoTA or LoL that you just mute people if they are being toxic. If you are still in that mindset, I suggest you go back to those games. We are not 12-year-olds here.
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to necro but I'd like to say here that I DID predict this situation would keep getting worse and would most definitely end up spilling over into the non-RP community.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/242838/harassment-is-there-anything-to-be-done-about-it/p1

GG ZoS
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!