Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Toppeling Charge and Templar GCD 2.0.8*

Imdrefan
Imdrefan
✭✭✭
Has anyone tried it yet? I'm at work and I'm dying to know how it's working.

Is it as responsive as it was at launch?

Edited by Imdrefan on May 16, 2015 8:00PM
Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
Decibel
Dark Flare to the Face
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is responsive as Invasion from the 1H/S line then I may just spend the skill point.

I have yet to put a point into this skill on my Templar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imdrefan wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it yet? I'm at work and I'm dying to know how it's working.

Is it as responsive as it was at launch?

I'm also dying to test it when I get home from work.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't get home from work until Thursday night at this point....

Hope it is working well.
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If it is responsive as Invasion from the 1H/S line then I may just spend the skill point.

I have yet to put a point into this skill on my Templar.

It was once very responsive, you could actually animation cancel to avoid the spear pole vaulting that happened. I don't think it needs to go that far, but it would be nice to have that back.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone in the same, or similar, timezone as me and at work like me?? I wanna know if its fixed now!! :(

*sigh* Guess I'll just find out myself in a couple hours...
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
    Options
  • Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    Works great, used it all day with no animation locks or gcd's.
    Edited by Jasli on April 21, 2015 12:08AM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it out on zombies at the Vile Laboratory for about 30 min and so far so good.
    Remains to be tested in PvP for me.
    Options
  • HeWhoCaresNot
    HeWhoCaresNot
    ✭✭
    I just charged a wraith in cyro...got the dreaded bug again. First time though so far.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was afraid of that a little lag may play a factor, but it is good to see them work on and improve the skill even if it take a couple of passes.

Thank you ZoS!
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Charge lock up on me the second time I used it today, so that part is not fixed. This was in Cyridiil.

The GCD is consistently around .5 second after landing the skill if I were to estimate.

Eclipse looks to be working for me, probably fired off about 50 of them without issue. (Total Dark rank 1 specifically).
    Edited by danno8 on April 21, 2015 12:35AM
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    I had Charge lock up on me the second time I used it today, so that part is not fixed. This was in Cyridiil.

The GCD is consistently around .5 second after landing the skill if I were to estimate.

Eclipse looks to be working for me, probably fired off about 50 of them without issue. (Total Dark rank 1 specifically).

That really sucks that it still locks up.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I was able to test the toppling charge and it feels good. But the lockup still exists.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • HeWhoCaresNot
    HeWhoCaresNot
    ✭✭
    Just happened again, but to be fair its happening way less often... don't have to save that potion use as much anymore lol.

Edit: Any chance this ties into WW leap and may have fixed that as well? Practically the same bug.
    Edited by HeWhoCaresNot on April 21, 2015 12:53AM
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    I want this ability to be as responsive as invasion. If I'm blocking and cast toppeling charge my block is dropped. It's extremely annoying. And with the GCD you can't react.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been using this skill in Cyrodiil over the past week, and the animation lock happens about 1 out of 30 times or so.

Using a potion seems to work well to get your character out of the lock. Does anyone know of any other ways to get out of the animation lock?
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Cry? I usually just pop the potion. It's really annoying. The eclipse bug still happens too.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for the feedback on this. It's great to hear that there have been improvements since the last patch, but we'd like to strike this from existence entirely.

First, if you run into this issue, please try to /bug it as it is occurring. We know that it happens in the heat of combat, but that data would be super valuable, even if you only /bug it once. In short, some of you may die, but that's a risk we're willing to take.

Second, if you happen to find a way to make this occur reliably, please let us know.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GaryA,

To help us in testing, can you let us know if there is supposed to be any GCD for the ability, or none at all? Some posters are reporting there is still a GCD. Is there supposed to be one at all?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for the feedback on this. It's great to hear that there have been improvements since the last patch, but we'd like to strike this from existence entirely.

First, if you run into this issue, please try to /bug it as it is occurring. We know that it happens in the heat of combat, but that data would be super valuable, even if you only /bug it once. In short, some of you may die, but that's a risk we're willing to take.

Second, if you happen to find a way to make this occur reliably, please let us know.

Thanks!

Thanks a bunch for the response.

I know for me it happens the most when I'm casting an ability like dark flare or detonation and quickly press toppeling charge repeatedly to get the timing perfect. Im not able to reproduce it 100% of the time but It seems to only happen when the server is under a heavy load and there are lots of people in the area near me.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks!

Why did you declare it fixed in the patch notes when it clearly wasn't? Do you actually test the "fixes"? People reported right away after the patch it was still broken. Also, why is there a global cool down when none of the other charge type abilities have one?
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the continued effort on squashing these bugs! :)
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks!

Why did you declare it fixed in the patch notes when it clearly wasn't? Do you actually test the "fixes"? People reported right away after the patch it was still broken. Also, why is there a global cool down when none of the other charge type abilities have one?

Fixes are indeed tested thoroughly. This issue was not able to be reproduced prior to the patch being released, hence why it ended up in the patch notes, and why we're asking for additional information and consistent repro steps now (which may not exist if the bug just happens randomly). Bugs can be very hard to fix if they are very hard to reproduce, so we appreciate all of the additional information that people have provided so far :). Our teams will continue to investigate the issue with this information, as well as any /bug reports that come in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixes are indeed tested thoroughly. This issue was not able to be reproduced prior to the patch being released, hence why it ended up in the patch notes, and why we're asking for additional information and consistent repro steps now (which may not exist if the bug just happens randomly). Bugs can be very hard to fix if they are very hard to reproduce, so we appreciate all of the additional information that people have provided so far :). Our teams will continue to investigate the issue with this information, as well as any /bug reports that come in.

So, is there supposed to be any Global Cool Down or not?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I noticed that shield charge doesn't have a global cool down, why does toppling charge?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zos_garyA It seems the GCD for Toppling Charge still happens depending on the ability you try to follow up with. I know if I want empowering sweep to go off right after, there is still a delay.
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get stuck in animation. . .
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GaryA

For the stuck in animation problem one way that seems to make it occur more often is if there is an elevation and your opponent is on the other side of the hill. This will make the skill start but not complete, and sometimes it will get stuck in the animation. Spamming the skill when it does not want to go is tempting fate.

Another way is if you get interrupted while in the animation, presumably with some other kind of CC or interrupt.
    Edited by danno8 on May 3, 2015 2:18PM
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks!

@ZOS_GaryA

I've been doing some testing on the toppling charge and what I've noticed (while not 100% reproducible) is when I soft lock with the crosshair and cast toppling charge if I move my crosshair off the initial target and press another ability before I make contact, I get stuck charging. I went through 30 potions last night just getting out of the frozen charge. There was no lag present.

Hope this helps.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The toppling charge animation is reliable now if there is a clear path to the target. However if there are terrain differences or boxes/crates/stairs/etc in the line of sight it still occasionally bugs the animation. The target NPC then becomes visually stuck in the location they were charged, but the NPC actually moves around and becomes invisible. I discovered this when switching to a secondary weapon and began using invasion after the bugged animation occurred. After the invisible NPC is killed (only target-able by ranged attacks) the stuck NPCs location changes and the corpse appears in the correct place (and then the toppling charge animation reverts back to normal).
    End the tedious inventory management game.
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    In short, some of you may die, but that's a risk we're willing to take.
    Thanks!

I have always loved Shrek - good to see a fan!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apart from teh bug, its still a pretty slow charge ability as those go.

need to reduce the GBC after landing the attack by about 0.3s to improve responsiveness after charging.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options