PTS Patch Notes v1.6.4

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is nice to see a patch focusing on bug fixes and game stability rather than balance changes.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually resub to this game after a few month break to test sorc content. Oh well.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Voltos
    Voltos
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for understanding. We'll get you guys some information about our plans for Sorcerers as soon as we can.

Refreshing to hear we weren't forgotten. Thanks, @ZOS_GinaBruno!
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    So just a clarification: we won't see anything relevant with 1.6 for Sorcs besides the things that were posted in 1.6.1-1.6.3?

The bad thing is it will go live with no changes and once live they will be to busy fixing all the bugs/exploits. I would not expect any changes for at least 2-3 months after this update goes live at the earliest.

I really believe they are going to prioritize sorc upgrades. At least, I want to believe.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nice to see a patch focusing on bug fixes and game stability rather than balance changes.

It would be nice to see a patch all about bug fixes if there were no balance issues to solve. A pity that is just not true.
    Options
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    I understand it takes time to implement sorc changes. I eagerly await more information.
    Thanks for understanding. We'll get you guys some information about our plans for Sorcerers as soon as we can.

Just wish I would hear the same about NBs, sitting here with my broken *** cloak.
    Edited by Kuro1n on February 21, 2015 7:05PM
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... they tried to get a developer to talk about the Sorc changes... but then realized they really don`t have time or care?

Disappointing... if it takes so long just to get a reply from somebody...
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not nerf Cleanse (I assume by 'Cleanse and its morphs' you actually meant 'Purge and its morphs'). It is one of the few counters in the game to Talons spam. If you're not going to do anything about Talons, please don't nerf Purge, which already costs twice as much as Talons.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    cleanse was healing even if there were no debuffs to remove,i hope its fixed.....and did they fix the ultimate generation bug? it was extremely annoying as emperor to not be able to use ults
    Edited by NoRefunds on February 21, 2015 7:17PM
    Options
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please do not nerf Cleanse (I assume by 'Cleanse and its morphs' you actually meant 'Purge and its morphs'). It is one of the few counters in the game to Talons spam. If you're not going to do anything about Talons, please don't nerf Purge, which already costs twice as much as Talons.

Efficient Purge will still be cheap. The other morph Cleanse, the one that heals a percentage of your max health as well as cleanses debuffs, will be more expensive.

Also can we please get a stamina morph for lava whip please?
    Edited by Trayyacakes on February 21, 2015 7:18PM
    Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with so few fixes to the game it seems to me its close to release and all the people that complained and wanting a stamnia sorc, will get let down for sure
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    with so few fixes to the game it seems to me its close to release and all the people that complained and wanting a stamnia sorc, will get let down for sure

Feel like we could get more attention for the Stamina Sorcerer issues if people were less gung-*** about Magicka Sorcerers.
    :(
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Kingdinguhling
    Kingdinguhling
    ✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    aaaa that's it....plans will be put on table with spellcrafting ....

This is hardly a revelation. While all classes should benefit from Spell crafting, Sorcerers should top that list.

Well Honestly I bet this will only have 1 - 4 Spells that even involve Stamina ..... hence (Spell Crafting).

Spell Crafting Speculation -

I hate to break it to all the Stamina users but I doubt they will get much of anything out of this especially considering they get all the weapon abilities anyway.

1.6 Direction -

This could be why it seems they are buffing stamina builds atm......

One of the most frustrating things is weapon abilities not scaling of either Magicka or Stamina so if you are maxing Magicka you get really low DPS off weapon abilities.

Magicka users have to Resto or Destro or go home......
    Options
  • Beleron
    Beleron
    ✭✭✭
    Weeeeeeee 3 weeks. Still bugs. A system that rewards us for grinding. No changes to design flaws since launch. Most of the gear being garbage and decon fodder, and pve being very lackluster in rewards. A few ability changes, some welcome, some not. Also there's still a huge feel for single player and co op game play. ITS A MMORPG, not a single player or co op game........ Not much to really work towards end game besides achievements. If you where going to make crafted gear some of the best gear, you should have made certain items req to craft it, drop from dungeons, raids, ect and be BOP...
    ZOS can we get a update on this. Maybe holding it back till tamriel unlimited releases, to fix HUGE design flaws, would be a good idea. Instead of these small tweaks. To you they may take allot of work, I respect that, however in the grand scale of things, there just small tweaks.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

It would be nice to see a patch all about bug fixes if there were no balance issues to solve. A pity that is just not true.

Bug fixes > Balance changes any day to me. Particularly given that every patch from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3 has included nerfs to my playstyle on both of my characters. I am 100% okay with no balance changes at all.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    Well, the good side is that maybe if it goes live with all these horrible game breaking problems, the people upset about them will leave and let the rest of us enjoy the game...
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bug fixes > Balance changes any day to me. Particularly given that every patch from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3 has included nerfs to my playstyle on both of my characters. I am 100% okay with no balance changes at all.

When Zenimax has stated more then once that these will be the last balance changes they will make, I am sorry, but Balance Changes > Bug Fixes, specially when the bugs being fixed concern the drop rate of Water for Alchemy (>.> this was a huge priority?). Still, the ideal is bug fixes AND balance changes until one of those is no longer needed.
    Options
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are always balance issues to solve, because there is no such thing as perfect balance in a game like this.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

Options
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Art & Animation
    Animation
    • Fixed an issue where idle animations when using a UI screen (such as the map) would not display properly for other player characters.

Does this mean addons like "No Spin" will no longer work, or...?
    Options
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Magicka users have the option of more efficient use of a majority of class skills on top of resto and destro.

Stamina users have the option of more efficient use of a majority of weapon skills, but we only get 2 weapons possible at a time.
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hope they dont plan to launch this build to live. Sorc STILL sux, no mention for crystal fragments not procing off of streak and encase, no mention of ultimate not generating bug mentioned, and restarting the game when my audio goes out? Lol...ok.
    Edited by c0rp on February 21, 2015 7:48PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You all do realize they have said multiple times there will be no small updates so if Sorcs aren't changed before 1.6 is released than there will be ZERO changes until it's out on console and they release the next phase of DLCs.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Broken sorcs, broken NBs, did someone expect something else though? :D
    Options
  • Voltos
    Voltos
    ✭✭✭
    emeraldbay wrote: »
    Does this mean addons like "No Spin" will no longer work, or...?

There should be a game option to disable the spin.

Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanvwolf wrote: »

Magicka users have the option of more efficient use of a majority of class skills on top of resto and destro.

Stamina users have the option of more efficient use of a majority of weapon skills, but we only get 2 weapons possible at a time.

...and you only get one class at a time o.0
    Options
  • Kingdinguhling
    Kingdinguhling
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I was really hoping for SOMETHING for sorc. It is a damn shame the state stamina sorc are going to hit live in. Feedback was provided and harped on for weeks now and MANY other things were tweaked around, but sorc is stuck with zilch when it comes to stamina options.

get of this stamina kick .....we are laughing @ U. You should prolly be playing a Nightblade or DK or maybe even a Templar if you want a stamina based character.

Sorcerer just isn't a Class your gonna get a lot of stamina Options its a Caster.

Honestly in its current state it doesn't have many Viable Caster DPS or healing options.

(you gonna try to make a Stamina Based healing Sorcerer when spellcrafting comes out .....)
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all do realize they have said multiple times there will be no small updates so if Sorcs aren't changed before 1.6 is released than there will be ZERO changes until it's out on console and they release the next phase of DLCs.

If this is the case... lame...

Are you sure?
    Options
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    So 2h bug still isn't fixed?
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Really hope they dont plan to launch this build to live. Sorc STILL sux, no mention for crystal fragments not procing off of streak and encase, no mention of ultimate not generating bug mentioned, and restarting the game when my audio goes out? Lol...ok.

They have never gone from PTS to Live directly. If history is any indicator, if the next step is to go to Live, it will be 1.6.5 and it will contain changes and fixes from 1.6.4.

That said, I do not recall them doing a weekend PTS drop like this, either.
    Reykice wrote: »

Are you sure?

No, this not what they said.

"1.6 is going to be the last major update before console launch, for obvious reasons. We will continue to do interim updates as necessary."
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reykice wrote: »

Are you sure?

100% positive. If Sorc changes are not implemented in 1.6 before it goes live then it won't be changed until DLC after console release. Zos has stated multiple times there will be no game changes unless it's a bug fix. Game changes and DLCs will be every 6 months or so.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options