Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Lore-breaking crown shop mounts?

Bleakraven
Bleakraven
✭✭✭✭
So, after seeing this:
sSx2GQE.jpg
I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually looks a little like Shadowmere from Skyrim.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Yes, and that was a legendary immortal horse associated with the Dark Brotherhood. I wouldn't have minded it as much if it would be part of the Dark Brotherhood update and you'd have to undertake a lot of quests to get it, or if, for example, only the best assassins would have access to it (like emperor).
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.

Wrong!
    I'm definitely not going to get it.
    If I want Ghost Rider I'd look for some Onlin Spuerheroes game...
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Yes, and that was a legendary immortal horse associated with the Dark Brotherhood. I wouldn't have minded it as much if it would be part of the Dark Brotherhood update and you'd have to undertake a lot of quests to get it, or if, for example, only the best assassins would have access to it (like emperor).

I actually agree that it should have been a part of the Dark Brotherhood when they (eventually!!) come into the game, and should have been linked to that via quests.

The great problem is that with B2P, we will be seeing a lot more in the way of things like this for Zeni to build more revenue. People will buy it and money talks. So unfortunately we will be seeing more of this in the future and less quality updates like for example the Dark Brotherhood. Why wait and put it in that when they can make money off it now?
    Edited by JD2013 on February 16, 2015 10:42AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find it disturbing too. People will just keep buying and pushing for shinier and biggers mounts/costumes/pets until ESO ends up looking nothing like an ES game, especially in Cyrodiil.
    I really like how everything feels natural at the moment, with nobody feeling out of place, even the few people in skeleton/goblin costume here and there.
    Wololo.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelos wrote: »
    Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.

Wrong!
    I'm definitely not going to get it.
    If I want Ghost Rider I'd look for some Onlin Spuerheroes game...
    Exactly, but we both know we will see it everywhere :(
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I find it disturbing too. People will just keep buying and pushing for shinier and biggers mounts/costumes/pets until ESO ends up looking nothing like an ES game, especially in Cyrodiil.
    I really like how everything feels natural at the moment, with nobody feeling out of place, even the few people in skeleton/goblin costume here and there.

I also enjoy how natural and immersive the world looks now, and I fear that pretty soon we will see strange shiny effects and orcs in santa hats, and pumpkin masks...
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, but we both know we will see it everywhere :(
    Generalizations are no good thing in a discussion :wink:
    Thinking about how many people I actually see riding in and hour or two gaming, that'll probably be one or two a day. That I can easily ignore.
    Besides, ZOS needs stuff in the shop that generates money otherwise the game will be shut down eventually.
    With this choce I'd rather see some Ghost Riders in the game than not being able to play any more.
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm secretly hoping it will be overpriced so I won't see many a day as well.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is now BUY to play and they need money from the cash shop, so we will see a new horse or two almost every month. Its what the game has become. I would not be surprised if we see a robot horse and a spider mount within 6 months.
    69e0e52309169700844c41ef09040cc21359092922.jpg
    Edited by Natjur on February 16, 2015 10:08PM
  • Earthwardzilvox_ESO
    Yea, buy to play is ***, and they were inevitably going to step way from the "Elder Scrolls" and toward the "Online" when they chose that play style.
    Bright light casts a long shadow
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches?
    So what exactly is wrong with races other than khajiit riding senches? This is hardly lore breaking. If senches exist in the game world, there are limitless possible reasons for this to happen. Maybe the senches were sold...or stolen. Perhaps they are spoils of war. Non-khajiit riding senches is akin to Native Americans riding horses. Horses came to the Americas via Europeans, they aren't native here, at least in the last few millennia.
    It's great that you have a dedication to lore, but it's hardly reasonable to expect that everyone has the same dedication. Considering this is an MMO, drawing players with a huge spectrum of interests, it seems unrealistic to think lore breaking elements will not be present to accommodate some of those interest.I certainly plan to have my non-khajiit characters riding senches, and maybe other mounts, if they appeal to me.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Xelphos
    Xelphos
    ✭✭✭
    SHHHHH!!!! I want this mount.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I call dibs on the first motorcycle mount.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aw man.... and here I wanted them to include this mount as a reward after you finish a Huge Quest from Dark Brotherhood when they implement it.....

God damn it ZoS... there are some good and excellent decisions and some bad and pathetic ones....

This is a bad and pathetic move.....
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    This game is now BUY to play and they need money from the cash shop, so we will see a new horse or two almost every month. Its what the game has become. I would not be surprised if we see a robot horse and a spider mount within 6 months.

that mount looks awesome, i think what would make it alot better is if they make ALOT of different type of mounts so there isnt the same mount everywhere.
    and also if they made class specific mounts.
    for example:
    give us night blades a very small black low to the ground black cloud as a mount that can go really fast and makes us and our mount invisible.
    or for vampires to be able to become "mist form" as a mount.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 16, 2015 7:35PM
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that particular mount was proven to be a joke. It was obtained through data-mining (much of which is outdated), and as far as the devs have stated will NOT be in the final release version.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

that mount looks awesome, i think what would make it alot better is if they make ALOT of different type of mounts so there isnt the same mount everywhere.
    and also if they made class specific mounts.
    for example:
    give us night blades a very small black low to the ground black cloud as a mount that can go really fast and makes us and our mount invisible.
    or for vampires to be able to become "mist form" as a mount.

Thats a mount from Neverwinter, i think it was a pre order or something like that, i have one on my account and i rarely use it, dont really care for the animation of it walking and of course i really hate spiders which doenst help lol.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with whatever mounts they want to sell, but that particular type of horse definitely belongs as part of the Dark Brotherhood quest line.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muahaha,

Just wait till they introduce Tera type outfits, the lore hounds will come unglued with skimpy armor models availible
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New mounts mean very little to me until I can ride a freaking mammoth.....or if I could saddle up a bull netch
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Muahaha,

Just wait till they introduce Tera type outfits, the lore hounds will come unglued with skimpy armor models availible

Not likely, as there seems to be an emphasis on covering up body parts with gear lately, not revealing more.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    PeterRJG wrote: »
    Muahaha,

Not likely, as there seems to be an emphasis on covering up body parts with gear lately, not revealing more.

Of course they're covering up more in the base game. How else are they gonna entice you to buy the skimpy stuff from the cash shop if you can get it free ingame?
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »
    I believe that particular mount was proven to be a joke. It was obtained through data-mining (much of which is outdated), and as far as the devs have stated will NOT be in the final release version.

I thought it was a joke too, I really.. really hope it is x.x

I mean even Shadowmere, isn't there only one Shadowmere? Just immortal, passing through the time periods, changing owners.

Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    New mounts mean very little to me until I can ride a freaking mammoth.....or if I could saddle up a bull netch

I want my Strider mount now.
  • Khaldar
    Khaldar
    ✭✭✭
    I want my Tauntaun mount!!!! Here is my wallet!
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    PeterRJG wrote: »
    Muahaha,

Of course they're covering up more in the base game. How else are they gonna entice you to buy the skimpy stuff from the cash shop if you can get it free ingame?

What skimpy stuff? Not seeing any.

http://eso-fashion.com/crown-store/
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • inMorsAeterna
    inMorsAeterna
    ✭✭✭
    1. Nightmare Courser.
    2. Skeleton Costume.
    3. Flames of Oblivion.

4chm9.jpg

+100 Undaunted Points for Ghost Rider Achievement.
    Atla Mors - Praetorian DK
    Decibel & Elderblade

We want competitive Arena / Bg.
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I like that mount, honestly, its no different then an Argonian riding the tiger, no, not very lore friendly but....

What they really need for Nords like myself are big clyesdale's , they would fit us perfectly, through in some nice armor too, now that would keep me more lore specific. ;)
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg
    I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
    No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)

If i'm not wrong this horse is actualy a mod, Shadowmere where only black with red eyes and with a tiny black aura around, so nothing to worry here!
    Signature

• ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore breaking? Like getting your ass whooped by mudcrabs after defeating Molag Bal?