Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Lore-breaking crown shop mounts?

• Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pink unicorns are not far off.

Wow that would be original maybe they'll even have miniature cop cars like Tera
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moderator note: Edited per our rules on baiting.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on March 17, 2015 3:31AM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, find the regular black horse more visually appealing.

Guar4Lyfe tho.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that it's not in ESO lore... it's that I would like to know where these players got these horses?

Me: " Nice fire-horse! How did you get it? Was it some epic quest where you battled some Daedric Prince? Did you have to travel to oblivion to gather the broken remains of a long lost family steed? Is it your father who was transmogrified into a fiery steed by Sheogorath? Or was it a regular steed that has been corrupted and now houses within it a destructive and rage filled Daedra?"

Dar-Ja'Taba: "This one would have stolen it if this one could have. But Ja'Taba bought it with something called crowns."
    CTB5NKz.jpg?1
    Edited by Gidorick on March 17, 2015 12:05AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could not give a rats a** about lore.
    - Mojican
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to turn into a dragon and fart rainbows
    Edited by born2beagator on March 16, 2015 11:45PM
  • Pausekey
    Pausekey
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    This game is now BUY to play and they need money from the cash shop, so we will see a new horse or two almost every month. Its what the game has become. I would not be surprised if we see a robot horse and a spider mount within 6 months.
    69e0e52309169700844c41ef09040cc21359092922.jpg

I played Neverwinter, where that pic is from. I was the proud owner of an Owlbear mount. Yes that's right, it was an owl... and a bear. But that was fine in Neverwinter, that's how the game was and I enjoyed it. But to do that in this game, where the lore is so rich and meaningful? And to have dozens of stupid pet panthers running around behind everyone?

Such a shame.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pausekey wrote: »
    This game is now BUY to play and they need money from the cash shop, so we will see a new horse or two almost every month. Its what the game has become. I would not be surprised if we see a robot horse and a spider mount within 6 months.

I played Neverwinter, where that pic is from. I was the proud owner of an Owlbear mount. Yes that's right, it was an owl... and a bear. But that was fine in Neverwinter, that's how the game was and I enjoyed it. But to do that in this game, where the lore is so rich and meaningful? And to have dozens of stupid pet panthers running around behind everyone?

Such a shame.

I agree... I'm holding out hope but I feel like something was lost today. :worried:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    This forum is entertaining. Sorry nothing to add. "Whips Hair back and fort!"
  • Elridge
    Elridge
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Pausekey wrote: »

Such a shame.

I agree... I'm holding out hope but I feel like something was lost today. :worried:

I'd have to agree sadly

Account Name:@Elridge
    "Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy." -Stendarr "Ten Commands of the Nine Divines"
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now concerned about zos making money than any lore rubbish....
    Edited by jelliedsoup on March 17, 2015 1:31AM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh! Ooh! Dragon!

I CALL DRAGON!

Gimme my dragon mount.

NAAOOOWWWWW! :p
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    I call dibs on the first motorcycle mount.

Ok, but I get the first helicopter mount with rockets.
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of people with this mount already and I think it is bada**, just my 1/2 cent worth.
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg
    I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
    No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)

This game has long sense broken the "lore feeling" of TES games. The de-feminize of female armor's (latest being Orc and Breton) are prime examples. Then you have the world Rift events errr Anchor events. Then you have...well you get my point lol
    Edited by Mumnoch on March 17, 2015 2:02AM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not an RPer at all, but it is quite annoying seeing 20 people go by and 15 of them have a flaming horse.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I'm not an RPer at all, but it is quite annoying seeing 20 people go by and 15 of them have a flaming horse.

They paid $25.00 (or equivalent) for that horse. I guess ZoS is onto something with this crown store.
  • Thalmor_Pony
    Thalmor_Pony
    ✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg
    I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
    No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)

This game has long sense broken the "lore feeling" of TES games. The de-feminize of female armor's (latest being Orc and Breton) are prime examples. Then you have the world Rift events errr Anchor events. Then you have...well you get my point lol

No, I don't. Two bad examples are not much to show your point.

Overly feminine armors are not exactly what made TES TES. And the Anchors are not that different form Oblivion's gates.

That said, the TES world is full of potential strange mounts, which are part of lore since at least TES 3 and respective ingame literature.

Dunmer use Guars, big nix-hounds, Silt Striders and smaller subspecies of them, hell even giant Wasp mounts and Skylamps (Netch subspecies bred to be mounts).

That Khajiit's use of Senche as mounts is also well known since Khajiit lore was fleshed out the first time - I care little if we are talking about actual Senche and/or Senche-raht or the Senche Tiger animal.

Bosmer are know to ride around on giant bugs.

Supernatural horses of sorts are nothing new either. Shadowmere and Arvak are examples - and there is no reason why the lore has to be limited to these two, so ESO can introduce their own

While I am not thrilled about a world overly filled with these kinds of mounts, I can certainly live with it. Far better then with the people crying "lore breaking" as soon as a giant Wasp might turn up in the Crown Store, ignorant to the fact that House Dres uses them since the damn Redguard comics to the old adventure game were released.
    Edited by Thalmor_Pony on March 17, 2015 2:14AM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg

I feel the same way, I HATE RIFT for breaking their lore with stupid mounts for their store. I will HATE ESO much much much much much much much much much much much much MORE, if they do the SAME STUPID LORE BREAKING. I WILL LEAVE ESO IF THEY START TO BREAK LORE!

RIFT had lore?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call dibs on the first motorcycle mount.

I'll sign up for an Ancient Dwemer motorcycle mount!

:D

2e3978bd60bfc27b98c45c3cfad4766c.jpg
    Edited by GreySix on March 17, 2015 2:21AM
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three words that will make every ES lore lover shiver to their bones;

Playable. Dwemer. Race. :wink:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumnoch wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg

No, I don't. Two bad examples are not much to show your point.

Overly feminine armors are not exactly what made TES TES. And the Anchors are not that different form Oblivion's gates.

That said, the TES world is full of potential strange mounts, which are part of lore since at least TES 3 and respective ingame literature.

Dunmer use Guars, big nix-hounds, Silt Striders and smaller subspecies of them, hell even giant Wasp mounts and Skylamps (Netch subspecies bred to be mounts).

That Khajiit's use of Senche as mounts is also well known since Khajiit lore was fleshed out the first time - I care little if we are talking about actual Senche and/or Senche-raht or the Senche Tiger animal.

Bosmer are know to ride around on giant bugs.

Supernatural horses of sorts are nothing new either. Shadowmere and Arvak are examples - and there is no reason why the lore has to be limited to these two, so ESO can introduce their own

While I am not thrilled about a world overly filled with these kinds of mounts, I can certainly live with it. Far better then with the people crying "lore breaking" as soon as a giant Wasp might turn up in the Crown Store, ignorant to the fact that House Dres uses them since the damn Redguard comics to the old adventure game were released.

And don't forget... lore friendliness is only an in-game book away!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    The balance would be to create a few far superior in game mounts that are only obtained through long and difficult tasking .

This will cement the cash shop fluff as being mere novelty items that everyone can just say " meh " to.

Having just come from Rift and the multitude of flying disks , giant spider mounts , horse heads , hover cycles , derby hats and candy cane weapons , I'm already waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night thinking about what might be ahead .

Now I'm seeing horrible visions of the kiwi bikini's in Archeage as well. Horrifying .
    noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's my:
    UNICORNcopy.jpg
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

I think people are forgetting that the crowd we see everywhere, they are ALL Vestiges too. We are all the hero so yes, we will see a mount that should be 'for the hero only!' everywhere. :)

PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing that Fire mount when I first opened the Crown store, well, let's just say it looks awesome and was very tempting to purchase. So were a few of the other mounts, including the guars. But I should be getting a senche for free this week, why spend crowns on another mount when that senche is likely the mount I will be on forever?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

I think people are forgetting that the crowd we see everywhere, they are ALL Vestiges too. We are all the hero so yes, we will see a mount that should be 'for the hero only!' everywhere. :)

You know, some asian mmos (TERA does I believe, or maybe it was AION, don't know ) have an interface feature where you can turn off all other players, as if they don't exist. They're still there questing, hanging around in the city, and whatnot, you just don't see them.

I'll give ZOS $20 for that feature being unlockable from the cash shop. Instant singleplayer TES goodness and the only "hero" I'll ever have to see is me.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, some asian mmos (TERA does I believe, or maybe it was AION, don't know ) have an interface feature where you can turn off all other players, as if they don't exist. They're still there questing, hanging around in the city, and whatnot, you just don't see them.

I'll give ZOS $20 for that feature being unlockable from the cash shop. Instant singleplayer TES goodness and the only "hero" I'll ever have to see is me.

Can you have just your group show?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right... But from the players perspective they are the ONLY Vestige... everyone else is just another adventurer. With a fire-horse mount... everyone has it. No perspective... everyone has it.

It's about the 'illusion' they seem to have been cultivating.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Can you have just your group show?

Pretty sure groups show by default in that setup, yes. Been a while since I've payed any of those mmos.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.