Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Lore-breaking crown shop mounts?

• rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Zorvan wrote: »
    I call dibs on the first motorcycle mount.

Rode one around the roads of Oblivion, thanks to someone on Tesnexus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4tyR7a3Eqw

Hahaha, awesome :D
    Now if that were a Fireblade or R1... <3
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Circuitous wrote: »

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

I think people are forgetting that the crowd we see everywhere, they are ALL Vestiges too. We are all the hero so yes, we will see a mount that should be 'for the hero only!' everywhere. :)

Right... But from the players perspective they are the ONLY Vestige... everyone else is just another adventurer. With a fire-horse mount... everyone has it. No perspective... everyone has it.

It's about the 'illusion' they seem to have been cultivating.

That's where these games keep screwing up. Age of Conan, TESO, even SWtOR to an extent. The whole "You are the Chosen One!" storyline only works if you're the ONLY HERO in that storyline.

LotRO and TSW had the right idea, where noone is a hero, just a bunch of common folk who come together for a cause; doing heroic things but only to help THE heroes.
    Edited by Zorvan on March 17, 2015 4:04AM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

I think people are forgetting that the crowd we see everywhere, they are ALL Vestiges too. We are all the hero so yes, we will see a mount that should be 'for the hero only!' everywhere. :)

You know, some asian mmos (TERA does I believe, or maybe it was AION, don't know ) have an interface feature where you can turn off all other players, as if they don't exist. They're still there questing, hanging around in the city, and whatnot, you just don't see them.

I'll give ZOS $20 for that feature being unlockable from the cash shop. Instant singleplayer TES goodness and the only "hero" I'll ever have to see is me.

Can you have just your group show?

Pretty sure groups show by default in that setup, yes. Been a while since I've payed any of those mmos.

Man... that would be awesome.... I'd pay for that function!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right... But from the players perspective they are the ONLY Vestige... everyone else is just another adventurer. With a fire-horse mount... everyone has it. No perspective... everyone has it.

That's where these games keep screwing up. Age of Conan, TESO, even SWtOR to an extent. The whole "You are the Chosen One!" storyline only works if you're the ONLY HERO in that storyline.

LotRO and TSW had the right idea, where noone is a hero, just a bunch of common folk who come together for a cause; doing heroic things but only to help THE heroes.

I'd agree with this. Hopefully in the expanded story (if that ever even happens) this is the route ESO takes.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering all the horses skyrim has had i dont think it breaks immersion.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My male orc werewolf wears a wedding dress while riding that in game, see you lore masters in-game.
    Edited by RedTalon on March 17, 2015 4:23AM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Dragon flying mounts . You know it's coming ...
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

Won't be called that, remember there is a dreadic prince who looks like a tiny dragon to a degree, so will be part of that somehow and will be more snake like then dragon but you know eastern dragon look

• WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

Won't be called that, remember there is a dreadic prince who looks like a tiny dragon to a degree, so will be part of that somehow and will be more snake like then dragon but you know eastern dragon look

Peyrite, Daedric Prince of Oblivion's Corporate Ladder. Seriously his sphere is the 'ordering of the lowest ranks of Oblivion" and his nickname is the Taskmaster. He's also associated with plagues. He looks like that out of spite to Akatosh.

Technically there might be one or two dragons alive back then, but dragons aren't born via eggs like traditional dragon lore. They're children of Akatosh. Nahfahlaar (Naafaaliargus) would still be alive during the Interegnum, but dragons don't do taxi duty. More than likely we'd see a daedric creation of some kind.

And if ppl are throwing a fit about this horse, is everyone so quick to forget about Arvak the spirit steed from Dawnguard? Flaming skeletal ghost horse? *** yeah!

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

Peyrite, Daedric Prince of Oblivion's Corporate Ladder. Seriously his sphere is the 'ordering of the lowest ranks of Oblivion" and his nickname is the Taskmaster. He's also associated with plagues. He looks like that out of spite to Akatosh.

Technically there might be one or two dragons alive back then, but dragons aren't born via eggs like traditional dragon lore. They're children of Akatosh. Nahfahlaar (Naafaaliargus) would still be alive during the Interegnum, but dragons don't do taxi duty. More than likely we'd see a daedric creation of some kind.

And if ppl are throwing a fit about this horse, is everyone so quick to forget about Arvak the spirit steed from Dawnguard? Flaming skeletal ghost horse? *** yeah!

Oh I know was just saying how they might work it its far out there but that is about it
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭

And honestly, that doesn't deviate much from "classic" Elder Scrolls. I mean, usually you may be "the hero" but you're basically the "Nameless Forgotten One" because while your deeds may "go down in history" no one will ever actually remember you in particular, and sometimes your deeds are generally forgotten in favor of a more prominent figure (thank you Martin Septim). It works well for the single-player games, and would work even better for an MMO. Even in this MMO you're the "Undead Soulless One" (regardless of your vampire status), so I don't see why they can't take it a step further.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Mumps
    Mumps
    Soul Shriven
    yes, made up stuff makes no sense. shocking!
    sers my mmo is going to get all soggy from all these tears of rage.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You know, some asian mmos (TERA does I believe, or maybe it was AION, don't know ) have an interface feature where you can turn off all other players, as if they don't exist. They're still there questing, hanging around in the city, and whatnot, you just don't see them.

I'll give ZOS $20 for that feature being unlockable from the cash shop. Instant singleplayer TES goodness and the only "hero" I'll ever have to see is me.

All the ones that I played it was not possible to have group show.
    Interestingly, other players could still be targetted via tab rotation -- some PvP players with low-end computers toggled the feature on then fought blind because the feature was effective at reducing slowdown and fps issues.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaints like this are proof of people that played console TES games. Mod communities have done stuff like this for years. As much as I love the lore and immersion of my TES games, who cares? Some guy wants a flashy mount, how does that hurt you? Someone wants to ride a mudcrab with a top-hat, be my guest, I do not have to and it might even be worth a laugh to see. Immersion breaking is a matter or personal opinion. I RP and I can see past all sorts of things that are 'immersion breaking' and not go crying to the forums. If it is breaking your immersion, it is probably your fault for letting it. RP players are already subject to pretending certain things are different than they appear in the game, why would a mount be any different?
    Well done! I know it's a little off topic, but in my opinion you've just touched on the very essence of what distinguishes a 'good' RPer from a 'bad' one: Their willingness & ability to adapt to situations out of their control.

As for the horse; I don't like it personally (I'm very happy with my Yokudan Charger from the Crown Store), but I can understand some players might. So each to their own.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Andferne
    Andferne
    ✭✭✭
    I want my Unicorn and a Stag mount.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a silver Porsche 911 dammit
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

If you're going to want that hi, jump a step upward and want a Ferrari or Lamborghini
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

If you're going to want that hi, jump a step upward and want a Ferrari or Lamborghini
    Pah, Italian crap .. I want a McLaren!

Oh yes, and an underwater Lotus and a flying .. something.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 17, 2015 8:10AM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of LOTRO Steed of Night!

header_steed.png

What makes me laugh though is LOTRO is quite an old game now and has a zillion more mounts than ESO with all of them being within lore and some of them are very well designed with a lot of detail. They even have emotes for the mounts.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mounts

LOTRO came out in 2007....I think ESO needs to step up its game yo...
    Edited by Troneon on March 17, 2015 8:19AM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

All the ones that I played it was not possible to have group show.
    Interestingly, other players could still be targetted via tab rotation -- some PvP players with low-end computers toggled the feature on then fought blind because the feature was effective at reducing slowdown and fps issues.

Probably wouldn't take much extra coding to flag team members as invalid targets for the mechanic so they stay visible.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Did DragonKnight don't use flame to?
    So why horse can't?
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    It actually looks a little like Shadowmere from Skyrim.

And a little like a skyrim mod someone made that looks very similar.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So why horse can't?

Good question. I'm gonna go throw some petrol on my neighbors horse so I can get its opinion on the matter.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elridge wrote: »
    Froggmann5 wrote: »
    I believe that particular mount was proven to be a joke. It was obtained through data-mining (much of which is outdated), and as far as the devs have stated will NOT be in the final release version.

I thought it was a joke too, I really.. really hope it is x.x

I mean even Shadowmere, isn't there only one Shadowmere? Just immortal, passing through the time periods, changing owners.

Not to mention you had to finish you know what to even get her.
    Edited by Islyn on March 17, 2015 8:39AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So why horse can't?

Good question. I'm gonna go throw some petrol on my neighbors horse so I can get its opinion on the matter.

Just don't let anyone from PETA see you...
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    So why horse can't?

Just don't let anyone from PETA see you...

Considering how PETA really operates, they'd probably supply the match.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the lore breaking mounts, at all, but they are here to stay, so we gotta deal. :(

PC EU
    PvP only
  • kherzaheb17_ESO
    kherzaheb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i can tell that we will see dragons soon enough.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Just see it as a present from a Daedric prince, Hircine or Mehrunes Dagon :)
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    it's b2p, as i said already ''yesterday night you had to say farewell to lore and medieval art, commercial items incoming'' , pure white true black flaming things iced weaps, all are welcome in a f2p game, noone will buy a 10euro black and white horse hahaha : ) i bought this nightmare anyway with my old subs rewards !!! and i'll buy the frost soul spectral tiger aswell for 100 euro if it comes out!!!!!!!
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl