Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Lore-breaking crown shop mounts?

• zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is bad but not as bad as the senche or the guar mounts they are so loosly lore baised that they make no senche, no inteligent creature would allow you to saddle it and ride it like a common dumb animal(Senche) as for guars, well they look really dumb...
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    zdkazz wrote: »
    Yeah this is bad but not as bad as the senche or the guar mounts they are so loosly lore baised that they make no senche, no inteligent creature would allow you to saddle it and ride it like a common dumb animal(Senche) as for guars, well they look really dumb...

WHAT?! They synergize really well with a jester costume, let me tell you
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like when people call things lore-breaking when they just can't bother to come up with a decent reason for it to exist.

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

Also, seriously, the Senche-tiger mounts are not Senche khajiit. They are not intelligent. We've been over this already. They look more or less like what Senche look like, so they get tagged as Senche. Khajiiti know the difference, open your round pupils a little wider.

Now if they ignore the complaints and start adding dragon mounts, we can worry about lore-breaking. This is just a dumb horse with fire.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElliottXO wrote: »
    Lore breaking? Like getting your ass whooped by mudcrabs after defeating Molag Bal?

Only if you are vr1 against a vr 5 mudcrab
    Signature

• KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche mounts are in lore... UGH
    Circuitous wrote: »
    I like when people call things lore-breaking when they just can't bother to come up with a decent reason for it to exist.

Everyone getting Shadowmere would be a bit silly. Everyone getting an ordinary horse enchanted with flame effects, while a bit silly, is not unrealistic in a game with both magic and egos.

Also, seriously, the Senche-tiger mounts are not Senche khajiit. They are not intelligent. We've been over this already. They look more or less like what Senche look like, so they get tagged as Senche. Khajiiti know the difference, open your round pupils a little wider.

Now if they ignore the complaints and start adding dragon mounts, we can worry about lore-breaking. This is just a dumb horse with fire.

With what one can do with magic on Nirn, I don't see the flame horse as being lore breaking. As for the Senche, mine will be a Senche Khajiit (well in my mind anyway) since I play Khajiit.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    It actually looks a little like Shadowmere from Skyrim.

My shadowmere fell from the sky and died. :(
    Perhaps he was riding a meteor and fell off.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like seeing some variety in mounts. I trust Zenimax will not take it too far.

Of course, it is good to keep them in check. I do not think the mounts we have seen is contradicting to the lore.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeterRJG wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Muahaha,

Just wait till they introduce Tera type outfits, the lore hounds will come unglued with skimpy armor models availible

Not likely, as there seems to be an emphasis on covering up body parts with gear lately, not revealing more.

And the result is people chomping on the bit for more revealing clothes.....soon to be purchased lol
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Chelos wrote: »
    Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.

Wrong!
    I'm definitely not going to get it.
    If I want Ghost Rider I'd look for some Onlin Spuerheroes game...
    Exactly, but we both know we will see it everywhere :(
    Gyudan wrote: »
    I find it disturbing too. People will just keep buying and pushing for shinier and biggers mounts/costumes/pets until ESO ends up looking nothing like an ES game, especially in Cyrodiil.
    I really like how everything feels natural at the moment, with nobody feeling out of place, even the few people in skeleton/goblin costume here and there.

I also enjoy how natural and immersive the world looks now, and I fear that pretty soon we will see strange shiny effects and orcs in santa hats, and pumpkin masks...

Orcs in Santa hats....im still chucking ...thanks! Pumpkin masks tho...hmmm
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches?
    So what exactly is wrong with races other than khajiit riding senches? This is hardly lore breaking. If senches exist in the game world, there are limitless possible reasons for this to happen. Maybe the senches were sold...or stolen. Perhaps they are spoils of war. Non-khajiit riding senches is akin to Native Americans riding horses. Horses came to the Americas via Europeans, they aren't native here, at least in the last few millennia.
    It's great that you have a dedication to lore, but it's hardly reasonable to expect that everyone has the same dedication. Considering this is an MMO, drawing players with a huge spectrum of interests, it seems unrealistic to think lore breaking elements will not be present to accommodate some of those interest.I certainly plan to have my non-khajiit characters riding senches, and maybe other mounts, if they appeal to me.

Its absolutely not lore breaking. It just doesn't make sense under the context of Tamriel that we've been presented in the TES games thus far. Nothing lore breaking about a non-Khajiit riding a senche, but seeing armies of nords riding senche vs armies of Orsimer riding senche in Cyrodiil doesnt make sense.

As an example, its not lore breaking for non-Nords to learn Thu'um, however it wouldn't make sense for armies of Thu'um wielding argonians to be clashing against armies of Thu'um weilding Altmer in Cyrodiil.

I say the above already coming to terms with the cheesy ridiculousness that is in store for the crown store.
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    Complaints like this are proof of people that played console TES games. Mod communities have done stuff like this for years. As much as I love the lore and immersion of my TES games, who cares? Some guy wants a flashy mount, how does that hurt you? Someone wants to ride a mudcrab with a top-hat, be my guest, I do not have to and it might even be worth a laugh to see. Immersion breaking is a matter or personal opinion. I RP and I can see past all sorts of things that are 'immersion breaking' and not go crying to the forums. If it is breaking your immersion, it is probably your fault for letting it. RP players are already subject to pretending certain things are different than they appear in the game, why would a mount be any different?
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can see undead mounts, even justify the undead mounts with different animations like fire though enchanting.

really a lot can be explained in a lore friendly way, i just hope its all lore friendly, even if it borders on the extremely exotic
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg
    I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
    No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)

I feel the same way, I HATE RIFT for breaking their lore with stupid mounts for their store. I will HATE ESO much much much much much much much much much much much much MORE, if they do the SAME STUPID LORE BREAKING. I WILL LEAVE ESO IF THEY START TO BREAK LORE!
    Edited by k9mouse on March 16, 2015 8:32PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did that guy get his add-on to work which changed the mounts to look the same for everyone (white horse, your client only)

So player X is riding a Senche but player Y with the add-on only sees a white horse?

If so, that will fix those who hate non lore mounts.
    Edited by Natjur on March 16, 2015 8:31PM
  • Grapdjan
    Grapdjan
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg
    I'm left wondering... how much more are they going to push "fancy" and "unique" crown shop items until they break the lore? Yes, we know there's Shadowmere, but everyone is going to go around in a flaming horse now.
    No class, skill or race restrictions. Horses are probably going to be the rarest mounts.

Probably many of you think this is cool, but I find it very disturbing. And yes, from a roleplay point of view, it is highly immersion-breaking. And yes, it's just my personal opinion.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with the unique mounts in the cash shop? Will you be drawing the line at some point (e.g. rideable mudcrab? rideable pink guar with sparkles and flame trails?) Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches? Share your opinion. :)

I feel the same way, I HATE RIFT for breaking their lore with stupid mounts for their store. I will HATE ESO much much much much much much much much much much much much MORE, if they do the SAME STUPID LORE BREAKING. I WILL LEAVE ESO IF THEY START TO LEAVE LORE!

Maybe then we'll get an AH!
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grapdjan wrote: »
    k9mouse wrote: »
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg

I feel the same way, I HATE RIFT for breaking their lore with stupid mounts for their store. I will HATE ESO much much much much much much much much much much much much MORE, if they do the SAME STUPID LORE BREAKING. I WILL LEAVE ESO IF THEY START TO LEAVE LORE!

Maybe then we'll get an AH!

That's about the only thing I would buy from the cash shop.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    I call dibs on the first motorcycle mount.

Rode one around the roads of Oblivion, thanks to someone on Tesnexus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4tyR7a3Eqw

The above youtube clip is not my own.

The Nightmare Courser horse looks superb.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    People complain if they have to pay for a MMO, when its free they still find a way to complain. I feel like I'm at the mall sometimes watching bratty kids with their oblivious parents.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't find the Mare so lore-breaking, even with the fire things.

GV-Arvak-Horse.jpg

I was riding this one in Skyrim Dawnguard :)
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • jockjammerb16_ESO
    jockjammerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think if we are going to have garrish ridiculous mounts than let us do it right,The Loyalty Senche is a decent pimpmobile but I want the ability to customize it,like a low rider kit where it crawls all the time and can bounce with its front legs,and under-glow. Gotta have underglow on my tricked out tiger mount. Maybe a woofer tuning so the Senche Growls Really Really loud in a deep rhythmic tone.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Arvak, he's official "canon" so I fail to see how this sort of mount would count as lore breaking. If anyone managed to play through the main quest still believes in continuity they're simply deluding themselves. Every single player in this game is the savior of nirn, and it's the same problem that has happened in many MMOs. In their attempt to keep the game as Elder Scrolls as possible they gave us a ridiculous set of circumstances which if you take the time to think it all out is incredibly immersion breaking.

I remember when dyes were announced "everyone" was up in arms because they didn't want to see someone running around in bright pink armor because it would ruin the game for them. Yet everything seems fine, the more options they have out there for mounts means the greater variety we see, and if we're all Molag Bal slayers I'm pretty sure we could take the time to train a senche mount, find a rare flaming horse, or whatever fun silly options they provide for us. If this is such a problem, I would recommend going back to the single player games where you have full control over your environment.

Personally I would love to see a mount like this or a ridable dwemer construct, etc. Your immersion in a game is only as unbroken as you make it, the roleplayers don't let the random people around them spoil a good scene and I certainly don't feel my immersion in the game can be broken by something strange that happens across my path. I don't personally want to see stuff like super skimpy outfits or what have you either but the precedent is there in both traditional ES and the mmo ( aela in Skyrim, Almalexia in ESO) so as long as they stick to the core of the idea and people want that stuff I say more power to them.

Money made in the cash shop will keep the game alive, and if you think seeing a flaming horse will break your immersion just wait until you can't even "inhabit" your character because they shut down the game.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Do you find it disturbing at all to see mounts like these or non-khajiit riding senches?
    So what exactly is wrong with races other than khajiit riding senches? This is hardly lore breaking. If senches exist in the game world, there are limitless possible reasons for this to happen. Maybe the senches were sold...or stolen. Perhaps they are spoils of war. Non-khajiit riding senches is akin to Native Americans riding horses. Horses came to the Americas via Europeans, they aren't native here, at least in the last few millennia.
    It's great that you have a dedication to lore, but it's hardly reasonable to expect that everyone has the same dedication. Considering this is an MMO, drawing players with a huge spectrum of interests, it seems unrealistic to think lore breaking elements will not be present to accommodate some of those interest.I certainly plan to have my non-khajiit characters riding senches, and maybe other mounts, if they appeal to me.

Its absolutely not lore breaking. It just doesn't make sense under the context of Tamriel that we've been presented in the TES games thus far. Nothing lore breaking about a non-Khajiit riding a senche, but seeing armies of nords riding senche vs armies of Orsimer riding senche in Cyrodiil doesnt make sense.

As an example, its not lore breaking for non-Nords to learn Thu'um, however it wouldn't make sense for armies of Thu'um wielding argonians to be clashing against armies of Thu'um weilding Altmer in Cyrodiil.

I say the above already coming to terms with the cheesy ridiculousness that is in store for the crown store.

You forgot to mention they'd all be wearing wedding dresses. Armies of Nords in wedding dresses riding senche battling armies of orcs in wedding dresses riding senche. The biggest lore-breaking aspect of this: there is no side saddle animation so a man can keep his dress from getting wrinkled.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    BBSooner wrote: »

You forgot to mention they'd all be wearing wedding dresses. Armies of Nords in wedding dresses riding senche battling armies of orcs in wedding dresses riding senche. The biggest lore-breaking aspect of this: there is no side saddle animation so a man can keep his dress from getting wrinkled.

Absolutely. At least ZOS is staying quiet with the whole "weapon dying" thing because the last thing we need is a pink dagger. That would be so unrealistic. :trollface:
    Edited by BBSooner on March 16, 2015 8:57PM
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg

I agree. Keep mounts lore based for sure!
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, after seeing this:
    sSx2GQE.jpg

my opinion is..... If youre a roleplayer and you don't like cool unique or special mounts..... simply don't buy them or use them. I love ESO lore and love Elder Scrolls in general. But I also love unique items and cool mounts. Id love a bad ass fire horse instead of a stupid senche tiger lol
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that the mount doesn't fit with Elder Scrolls lore, it's that it fits with a specific part of the lore. Namely, the Dark Brotherhood, and should be associated to that when it comes out, not purchased on the crown store.
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20150316_170933.png
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with that horse, he's at the border of stupidy but didn't crossed it, can imagine it's a daedric horse from Mehrunes Dagon realm. But I too hope that they won't break the lore with stupid mounts, pets and outfits ...
    Edited by ZigoSid on March 16, 2015 11:17PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pink unicorns are not far off.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can easily be called a daedric horse, not lore breaking.
    ~Thallen~