Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6.2 Sorc Magicka Builds Still Ruined!!! I'm Done! ZoS Read!

• Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    I am with you there - why they buffed the long casting heal I will never know ....yes is heals for 25K now (well okay all stacked out with cps etc..) but it has a 1.7 second cast time...they should buff breath of life it is as close to targeted heal as we get as templars
    -
    Edited by Jimm_ay on February 14, 2015 10:07PM
    Options
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    I am confused. I don't even PVP with my DK, but didn't they just nerf Reflective Scales? Like .. in this very update? :p

Please tell me how they "nerfed" scales ... caus it can only reflect 4 projectiles? just cast it again, its the same damn thing, 4 projectiles or 4 seconds, just recast, not rly a nerf
    Jimm_ay wrote: »
    I am with you there - why they buffed the long casting heal I will never know ....yes is heals for 25K now (well okay all stacked out with cps etc..) but it has a 1.7 second cast time...they should buff breath of life it is as close to targeted heal as we get as templars
    -

not to mention healing ritual is only a 10 meter radius aoe ...

BoL with only 70 points still heals for around 5.7k - 6.3k ? tho if you invest alot in magicka
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @mike.gaziotisb16_ESO
    I usually use streak to re-stun
    ToRelax wrote: »
    @Lussura‌ you are aware of the fact that all magicka sorcs on pts use CF, curse, entropy and ice comet? I think dps can be pretty good if you have a master desto staff and use destructive touch instead of CS.

Destructive Touch is a DoT, there are still not enough skills you could use for your rotation to always have "something to do" without a spammable spell (wich is for Sorc even more needed to proc Crystal Fragments).

I'll go on pts and look if i can figure out a DoT build that does decent damage without Force Shock/morphs , but I doubt it.

Edit:
    I've tried a bit around with Crystal Shards + Inner Light on both bars and Thundering Presence, Velocious Curse, Elemental Touch, the DoT morph of Firerune, Degeneration and Liquid Lightning (wich will be buffed next patch).

Also tried Mines but it really doesn't work very well (and probably not at all against some bosses).

I'd have to train a bit more with a build like that once EU chars are on PTS again, can't tell yet *** good the dps really is. If it goes over 10k somehow, not much at least.

Destructive Touch not just a DOT, is has decent base damage with a short DOT. With the master destro staff you have increased damage and decreased cost which makes it spamable, especially if someone in the group is running elemental drain. So I think end game pve dps wont be bad, especially because sorcs get survivabiliy with increased magicka from hardened ward. Other magicka dps classes probably have to invest in health to prevent getting one-shot at boss fights.

Are you kidding me?
    It only does decent damage if you let the DoT run out else you can do more damage with the past nerf Crushing Shock...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding me?
    It only does decent damage if you let the DoT run out else you can do more damage with the past nerf Crushing Shock...

1. It does more damage than crushing shock if you let the DOT run out.
    2. The based damage is not a lot lower with a master destro staff.
    3. The master destro staff also increases max magicka so it increases damage even more.
    4. With destructive clench (morph) you can select the extra elemental effect fitting for your playstyle.

So I wouldnt say crushing shock is always better, I found destructive reach with fire staff very effective in small scale pvp on 1.6 pts. Especially to knock down sorcs or NBs and quickly draining their stamina.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am confused. I don't even PVP with my DK, but didn't they just nerf Reflective Scales? Like .. in this very update? :p

Yes they did, and it's about time one of the most overpowered pvp abilities was limited some. With the slight nerf to unmovable it will make the dks actually killeable at times.

The fact it took this long for them to even address it (they buffed the ability a couple patches ago, imagine that), shows a total lack of even caring about balance or competency.

Course, in small scale pvp they will still be demigods as it's easy enough to put reflective back up.

The issue of one dk versus an army should be mostly mitigated with the change.

Course the fact that crushing shock was counting as 3 reflects off the shield got the contingent of great and amazing players that spam a single ability to be invulnerable to most ranged attacks got that ability nerfed in turn, so it only takes one reflect to reflect 3 sources of damage.

I have never seen, in any mmo, a class so out of whack in balance and strong as a dk. It's so bad that half wits and bad players are awesome playing a dk.

None of the nerfs or changes to dk stop them from being BEST tank, BEST pvp and BEST pve though.

You might think the nerfing of an ability that reflected all projectiles (and their effects) at the caster at 135% dmg from unlimited during uptime to 4 is huge nerf. Sure, it is... but limited it to 4 is still 4 times better than the only other reflect ability in 1handshield, The only time it's actually a nerf, of course, is when they are being hit by more than 4 projectiles in 4 seconds. That's not going to be that often....

I guess they will have to self heal with GDB some more, which is the biggest self heal in the game...
    Edited by rfennell_ESO on February 15, 2015 2:21PM
    Options
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Note, it appears that the other morph for Crushing Shock, Force Pulse, also has reduced damage. It's identical to the base skill. However, it may increase as it levels -- I only have it at rank 1.

As for overall sorc PvE DPS play, welcome to the ToggleMancer class! Three toggles, two actives and very, very little to actually do in a fight :)

It is exacly the same for stamina based dk. We got 8% nerf on rapid strike and we have 3 toggle skills.
    I think there is no problem at all. Why sorc crying so loud ?
    Options
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Note, it appears that the other morph for Crushing Shock, Force Pulse, also has reduced damage. It's identical to the base skill. However, it may increase as it levels -- I only have it at rank 1.

As for overall sorc PvE DPS play, welcome to the ToggleMancer class! Three toggles, two actives and very, very little to actually do in a fight :)

It is exacly the same for stamina based dk. We got 8% nerf on rapid strike and we have 3 toggle skills.
    I think there is no problem at all. Why sorc crying so loud ?

DKs have 1 toggle skill, as far as i recall dual wield has no toggle skills ... idk where ur getting 3 from

besides you don't need those "toggles" to actually do decent dps
    Edited by Aimelin on February 15, 2015 3:55PM
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just had this exact same discussion actually. Light armor is too weak offensively for the nerf it took to defense, but that's really affecting every Magicka user. I agree +spell power and possibly +crit based on the number of pieces of LA you have on would be good, this way you would actually make a choice between 5L/2H and 7L, right now it's not a choice.. you need to have 5L/2H.

+1! <3 (*)
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, if you're able to tune into ESO Live today, Eric Wrobel does plan on talking a bit about future plans for Sorcerers.
    He should better answer why did you wrecked Magicka Nightblades too (link).
    Edited by F7sus4 on February 16, 2015 2:15AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimelin wrote: »

Please tell me how they "nerfed" scales ... caus it can only reflect 4 projectiles? just cast it again, its the same damn thing, 4 projectiles or 4 seconds, just recast, not rly a nerf
    -

BoL with only 70 points still heals for around 5.7k - 6.3k ? tho if you invest alot in magicka

Yes....the absorb from your Teleport all of a sudden only absorbed 4 projectiles max..Would you not consider it a nerf? Don't pretend Scales wasn't nerfed..It was...and it needed to be nerfed....But pretending it wasn't changed for the worse is hilariously inept.

Options
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭

-

Yes....the absorb from your Teleport all of a sudden only absorbed 4 projectiles max..Would you not consider it a nerf? Don't pretend Scales wasn't nerfed..It was...and it needed to be nerfed....But pretending it wasn't changed for the worse is hilariously inept.

It's not a nerf lmao, more like a balance change AT MOST, caus its still the most over ABused ability in the game .... see someone in a robe or with a staff? could be a healer tho, NOPE FLAPPY FLAPPY, why is it not a nerf? oh idk, that incr dmg morph to the reflected projectile is still there? like wut ?? as someone mentioned before, idk which thread tho, but i would like to see the numbers of how many times a sorc died to his own BUFFED UP crystal fragment caus some DK just happened to flap some silly wings about, then thinks hes good at the game, while its practically a spoon fed class
    Edited by Aimelin on February 16, 2015 2:55AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

It's not a nerf lmao, more like a balance change AT MOST, caus its still the most over ABused ability in the game .... see someone in a robe or with a staff? could be a healer tho, NOPE FLAPPY FLAPPY, why is it not a nerf? oh idk, that incr dmg morph to the reflected projectile is still there? like wut ?? as someone mentioned before, idk which thread tho, but i would like to see the numbers of how many times a sorc died to his own BUFFED UP crystal fragment caus some DK just happened to flap some silly wings about, then thinks hes good at the game, while its practically a spoon fed class

Ok, Lets ignore the fact that you don't understand the concept of nerfing it seems. Lets instead focus on the fact that you're somehow dying to Crystal Fragments with a Sorc to a DK who flaps his wings, I'm assuming at this point you've not caught onto what every single Sorc on live has, and that's equipping a 1hd/shield completely negating Wings with Defensive Posture.

So I can only assume you don't PvP..or you've somehow managed to not notice this in the past 2 months what every Sorc in the game has been doing.

Options
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭

-

Ok, Lets ignore the fact that you don't understand the concept of nerfing it seems. Lets instead focus on the fact that you're somehow dying to Crystal Fragments with a Sorc to a DK who flaps his wings, I'm assuming at this point you've not caught onto what every single Sorc on live has, and that's equipping a 1hd/shield completely negating Wings with Defensive Posture.

So I can only assume you don't PvP..or you've somehow managed to not notice this in the past 2 months what every Sorc in the game has been doing.

Again, that's forcing people into a certain play style, which is not what the game has been advertised under .... why do i NEED to equip a sword/shield and forsake quickbar slots for other skills just to COUNTER your flappy wings ???

i for one don't want to follow the bandwagon and perma block cast my way to glory, and not understanding the concept of nerfing? *** pls, you don't seem to understand the concept of balancing. Now hush before you are enticed to follow up with something thats not helping this thread or the issue at hand

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

Again, that's forcing people into a certain play style, which is not what the game has been advertised under .... why do i NEED to equip a sword/shield and forsake quickbar slots for other skills just to COUNTER your flappy wings ???

i for one don't want to follow the bandwagon and perma block cast my way to glory, and not understanding the concept of nerfing? *** pls, you don't seem to understand the concept of balancing. Now hush before you are enticed to follow up with something thats not helping this thread or the issue at hand

For the same reason I need to equip flappy wings to counter your Crystal Shards. Or Equip a 2 hander to counter your 20k+ damage in shields that Dots don't phase... Because that's how the game is designed, Its how most PvP games are designed...Someone finds a counter to your ability, you come up with a counter to it... Just because you want to muck around with some crappy setup because you believe that "Play how you want" means be effective as everything else is hilariously naive.

Also who said anything about Perma Block Casting? Do you not even understand why they're equipping the shields? Or why Block Casting as a Absorb Shield stacking class is downright silly?

As for nerfing and balancing...Are you intentionally this dense? Reflective Scales was Nerfed to balance it... If it wasn't nerfed it wouldn't of been balanced..You not knowing how that works is sad.

Edited by Xsorus on February 16, 2015 3:20AM
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After spending the last couple of days theorycrafting... I can't say I agree with the OP's thread title ;). It's going to be fun times in Cyrodiil when 1.6 hits for "Don't Nerf Me Bro" :D.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you kidding me?

1. It does more damage than crushing shock if you let the DOT run out.
    2. The based damage is not a lot lower with a master destro staff.
    3. The master destro staff also increases max magicka so it increases damage even more.
    4. With destructive clench (morph) you can select the extra elemental effect fitting for your playstyle.

So I wouldnt say crushing shock is always better, I found destructive reach with fire staff very effective in small scale pvp on 1.6 pts. Especially to knock down sorcs or NBs and quickly draining their stamina.

I've been kicking people down from walls with fire clench for the past 10 months now, believe me, I know how useful it can be in PvP :expressionless: .

But it can't be that hard to understand that spamming that skill in PvE does less damage than spamming Crushing Shock even past nerf, even if you use a master staff. What are you trying to tell me, man?

Look:
    1. I never said it's damage is low when you let the DoT run out, in fact, the reason why I put it on my bar for that test was that it has more potentional damage than Force Pulse.
    2. The base damage without the DoT is lower than Force Pulse even with a master staff, who cares by how much?
    3. The master staff increases magicka that increases the damage of Force Pulse even more :open_mouth: !
    4. We are talking about PvE, okay? You can hardly knockback and stun a boss, so the elemental effects provided by Force Shock are more useful.

End of that little discussion, doesn't really help anyone.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Hey folks, if you're able to tune into ESO Live today, Eric Wrobel does plan on talking a bit about future plans for Sorcerers.
    He should better answer why did you wrecked Magicka Nightblades too (link).

Yep, magicka NBs are more broken than Sorcs in PvE atm, though seems not enough people complaining so they not gonna change anything lol. You better equip dualwield/2hander or reroll to DK asap if you wanna stay Magicka.

https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-

my biggest gripe with RS is that it is bugged as hell, 30% of the projectiles are reflected to a random enemy. i am allways playing in a 2-4 man group looking for other smallmen groups or cutting resupply routes. i cant count the number of times where i´m the only involved sorc but my grp mates have been burst killed while fighting DKs by crystal frags - wich are obviously mine...
    spell ping pong happens less and less often in 9/10 the dmg of my frags just dissapears[ui addons like Lui+cls enable you to track your dmg and realize dmg shields whith missing cues are not the reason so i can exclude those from the equation] or is transmitted to my group instead of beeing applied to the DK or me.
    Edited by Tankqull on February 16, 2015 10:38AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Yep, magicka NBs are more broken than Sorcs in PvE atm, though seems not enough people complaining so they not gonna change anything lol. You better equip dualwield/2hander or reroll to DK asap if you wanna stay Magicka.
    While I agree on your solution, I cannot agree developers should completely and recklessly wreck the most popular character builds that some people invested 2000+ hours in for both gameplay and improvements and virtually force them to start from scratch.

Edited by F7sus4 on February 16, 2015 11:52AM
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez I don't envy Wrobel, when he comes into work to see PTS with the 1st page being nothing but sorcerer suggestions. /sigh
    Options
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    Crushing shock nerf is deserved one actually, debuff + sick damage and superfast animation cancel. I've seen a lot of VR14 sorcs in cyrodil who doesn't even know how to mix it with light attacks and that's a lot more waste of DPS than 10%.

Anyway maybe they can change it to 6% nerf instead of 10% next patch so at least people get satisfied.
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZRage wrote: »
    Crushing shock nerf is deserved one actually, debuff + sick damage and superfast animation cancel. I've seen a lot of VR14 sorcs in cyrodil who doesn't even know how to mix it with light attacks and that's a lot more waste of DPS than 10%.

Anyway maybe they can change it to 6% nerf instead of 10% next patch so at least people get satisfied.

On PTS I hope, on live its basically the one ranged instant pure magicka builds like sorcerers depend on, doesn't even do that much either.
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted this in another thread but thought I would add it to this discussion also. With the recent change to lightning splash to increase duration it's clear that the devs would like to use this spell to increase PvE dps because it is unlikely to get a lot of use in PvP.

My idea is that lightning splash and it's morphs would increase the damage that enemies within it's aoe take from lightning by X% maybe a 50% increase or whatever has the desired effect without being op.

Then you would see a damage increase from mages wrath giving us an instant cast damage spell, and a nice synergy with lightning spells from the destruction staff line while still requiring some skill to use it correctly because of the small range. Melee sorcs would benefit from lightning form etc.

Then you could make a nice rotation with lightning splash, curse, mages wrath, light attack and Crystal frags proc...
    Options
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Idea
    Options
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭

Because reflecting 5 meteors without having to recast at least once would be OP.
    /sarcasm

Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My idea is that lightning splash and it's morphs would increase the damage that enemies within it's aoe take from lightning by X% maybe a 50% increase or whatever has the desired effect without being op.

Then you would see a damage increase from mages wrath giving us an instant cast damage spell, and a nice synergy with lightning spells from the destruction staff line while still requiring some skill to use it correctly because of the small range. Melee sorcs would benefit from lightning form etc.

Then you could make a nice rotation with lightning splash, curse, mages wrath, light attack and Crystal frags proc...

I REALLY like this idea.... one of the things I always think we are lacking (Besides the obvious) are natural synergies in our skills.

Obviously we would still need more than this to fix all the issues.... but this would be a very nice fit... and very clever design...

ZoS... give @AssaultLemming a job... Best idea I've seen yet! :)
    Edited by Flaminir on February 17, 2015 1:20PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with synergies is when you implement something like that all the non synergy skills will seem underpowered. In this case casting it would end with people spamming mages wrath + overload + lightning splash. Not a nice idea if you plan to have diverse gameplay included (character build-wise).
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZRage wrote: »
    The problem with synergies is when you implement something like that all the non synergy skills will seem underpowered. In this case casting it would end with people spamming mages wrath + overload + lightning splash. Not a nice idea if you plan to have diverse gameplay included (character build-wise).

Whilst I kinda know where you're coming from, I think this idea would build in a lot more diversity than we have now (Crushing shock / LA).

According to Lemmings idea it would increase damage from lightning sources, as that is one of the primary Sorc damage types. SO you could be using:

Lightning splash
    Lightning staff
    Shock Glyphs
    Thundering Presence
    Mages Fury
    Streak
    Overload (Maybe exclude ulti's... this could get OP otherwise)
    Twilight Zap
    Impulse
    Wall of elements
    Crushing shock
    Destructive touch
    Atronach Zap

That feels quite diverse to me..... when you stop & think of all the potential rotations involving shock/lightning damage it would lead to an impresive array of potential rotations/builds for Magicka Sorcs, without it being OP (Most of these skills are quite weak in normal form). Also since most PvP'ers would just roll/move out of the splash it wouldn't affect PvP too much where we are already pretty decent.

It would also help to properly give us an identity.... DK's have fire. NB's have stealth, Templars have heals... we already do have shock, but its so worthless at the moment as nothing synergises well the way DK fire skills / NB stealth skills / Temp healing skills do.

The more I think about this idea the more I like it & think it ticks a lot of the boxes... @ZoS_GinaBruno , @ZoS_JessicaFolsom should have a look at this one & pass it on to the appropriate department. ;)

Edited by Flaminir on February 17, 2015 3:52PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would prefer the Dark Magic line have life leeches and DoTs over the useless skills nobody ever uses. I've never once seen Encase, Rune Prison or Daedric Mines used. They could ninja replace them and nobody would notice.

They could replace them with a life leech, a poison attack and maybe a disease-based DoT. To me those are proper "dark" type spells.

Who here would be opposed to replacing Encase, Rune Prison and Daedric Mines with a life leech, a poison attack and a disease DoT? My guess is nobody.

I'm aware Entropy is a life leech but it doesn't benefit from the Dark Magic passives.

Soooo... Make it a nightblade?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades get life leech and disease DoT?
    Options