The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.6.1

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    No fix for the horse problems?

Am I the only one who's horse attributes of storage are not working? (i.e. my skill is +50, but none of that is adding to my bag capacity!)
    @istateres

When you first log into a character, you have to go to the stable and select your horse from your collection, I believe. Then your capacity should reflect the upgrades.

Since the horse you had no live does not exist anymore (it got morphed), when you first log it, it seems you have no horse until you pick it up again.

Hope this helps. (It's what I had to do to get it to snap out of it.)

Unfortunately on 1.6, it also ate a bunch of items from your inventory, because any items over your carry limit are tossed into space, or something.

Anyone know if this was actually fixed with 1.6.1?
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least one person posted after the update that it has not been fixed.
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable: This ability now grants crowd-control immunity for 5 seconds instead of the full duration of the ability. The maximum rank of this ability and its morphs now lasts for 15 seconds.
    This is... rather saddening to me as a full heavy armor user. :'(
    While I understand why the change is necessary, I feel this ruins part of an awesome ability, thus I offer a compromise to the skill change:

Unstoppable (Immovable morph): This ability now increases the crowd-control immunity time per piece of heavy armor equipped rather than the duration of Major Resolve and Major Ward.

The defense boost is fantastic for fully armored combatants and the CC immunity provides much to aid stamina management in these clunky suits. While we have options in Heavy Armor, our recommended one is to take hits head-on. Immovable aided immensely in this endeavor, preventing us knights from having to expend stamina on CC-breaking. The current increased time for Major Resolve and Major Ward is plenty, enough to make Unstoppable Brute the preferred morph, so I present this alternative function for Unstoppable in 1.6.2.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Gilcroix
    Gilcroix
    ✭✭
    Or just have a semi costly way (say 20K gold) to change your race. Then no one can say its unfair because you get choice or race.

That wouldn't solve the problem. You would just be forcing people to choose between playing a race they dislike or being considerably weaker.

I would still rather they just got rid of racials, so you could play whatever you want.
    Options
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    so i was watching an episode of ESO LIVE while i was drinking tea
    i heard a man say "Believe it or not, but we actually want to buff our players not nerf them" sad to say
    had to throw away a really nice shirt away that day
    because of how hilarious that was to hear spilled hott tea all over myself

go ahead and put all the buffs to nerfs side by side
    and the list will look something similar to PVE content released to PVP content releasd LOLOLOLOL

how about you buff your players by giving them what they want im sure no player asked you to change combat frenzy NO ONE some players worked really hard to get that passive

NO that change you made by yourself zos and its a real stupid one too
    you are nerfing players by small increments and its really pissing alot of people off but im sure you dont care

ESO is looking for its second wind

which is when the game goes B2P where alot of new players will be coming in
    and if the players that are existent today are too over powered and steam rolling the new players

THE NEW PLAYERS might not stay thats the truth behind it all

how about you make each gold keys for dailies add up to where if you get X amount of gold keys you can spend them all at once but pick whatever set you want with whatever trait you want and whatever type you want... so it doesnt deter people from doing dailies but also gives people what they WANT

this kind of change im sure NO ONE will be against because it is what people want

i know a few people that have been doing dailies since they were introduced and have not got a single piece relevant to their play style or have not gotten a set competed yet let alone a set completed with the traits and type of armor they want it to be i mean its such a drag and a long grind

OR OR OR make all that good PVE gear BOE instead of BOP so pvp players dont have to PVE and instead could just buy from PVE players i mean im sure this change people wont mind either PVE players make money off PVP players and PVP players dont have to do PVE anyway thats off topic a bit

ZOS needs to get their priorities straight
    Edited by Perichor on February 7, 2015 4:18PM
    Options
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Your lack of punctuation is disturbing.
    Phoebe Anderson
    Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Champion System typo alert:
    nxsyjs04mwfx.jpg
    "Every Champion Point spent in a Minor Constellation will increase it's rank".
    Despite all of America wanting to spell its with an extra apostrophe all of the time and this bad grammar spilling out across the world, there's really no apostrophe necessary in that place. We're talking about the possessive form of the rank (as in 'its rank'), not about it being a rank (as in 'it is a rank').

So:
    "Every Champion Point spent in a Minor Constellation will increase its rank"
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    dtjewrzcjm94.jpg
    So uh, what symbol do you want me to press? ;)
    The big plus symbols are visible in the stable. It's just not there in the help text.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please un-nerf my end game raid armor ?
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually it would be nice if Vampire would get a few new abilities. Based on the Vampire Lord abilities from Skyrim maybe:
    - Vampiric Grip- Pull enemies close to you then throw them backwards.
    - Summon Gargoyle: Speaks for itself. (obviously not as powerful as the ones already in game)
    - Unearthly Will: For X amount of time you can raise dead NPC's to fight for you. (only 1 npc can be active at a time. does not work on dead players.)
    - Also maybe a new passive that makes a Vampires health/stam/mag regen. work better at night.

Also would love the Blood potions for us who enjoy being in Stage 1 more, make it an alchemy potion and you have to be a vamp to make it and it requires the lore-friendly alchemy ingredients: Human Flesh and Human Heart. The Justice System opens this up because you get a chance of them dropping by killing NPC's.
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summon Gargoyle would be awesome, so everyone would be able to use Necropotence gear
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want an idea for what kinds of vampire powers there are out there read Immortal Blood.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    It has been mentioned on ESO Live last fall that everytime a new ability or skill line is implemented in the game, the amount of possible skill points to procure is increased.

All passives of the Legerdemain would cost a total of 20 SP.

Where are the extra Skill Points? Maybe giving +1 SP for each Legerdemain would be valid? That would at least reduce the total cost.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    If you want an idea for what kinds of vampire powers there are out there read Immortal Blood.

I'll have to give that another read. Thanks.

Options
  • ForKristSake
    ForKristSake
    ✭✭
    This is my first post on the forums, but I have spend a great deal of time on PTS, specifically with the Legerdemain Skill line and Justice System. (BTW, the JS is really cool, and I love what your devs have done with it so far).

I have a couple concerns and suggestions:
    • When breaking into a home, the resident NPCs talk but nothing ever really happens. A guard never enters the room upon being caught. Even after several botched attempts at pickpocketing or being witnessed stealing several items, the bounty level never causes a guard to come running in.
      Suggestion: Guards could run into the room upon reaching bounty level 2 or 3. Also, NPCs outside of any buildings who yell for the guards generally should cause a guard to come running over to your area.
    • The description for 1.6.1 says the discovery of higher quality stolen novelty items become more likely the higher the zone level. I have found it more likely to find blue items, but they are still worth the same 250g ea.
      Suggestion: Make the individual item value also scale to the zone level (a VR14 toon has no reason to steal items worth only 250g ea) and/or make some rare drop set items part of the drop rate so that it's worth being a thief at higher levels.
    • Removing Shadow Cloak as a way of stealing in front of NPCs was critical and an excellent choice. Thank you for doing that! But please do no do the same for the invisibility potions. I believe this move will finally make worthless flowers/mushrooms useable in a creative way.

For later updates, I would like to see one more level to the Bounty system: Once the white bounty reaches the max level (not the bounty amount measured in gold, as I realize it keeps going up), the offending player should then be clearly labeled and killable by other players, perhaps allowing the attacking player(s) to be granted the same invincibility as the guards while attacking the outlaw. There are many citizens of Tamriel who would like to participate in bringing a mass murderer to justice. Perhaps there is another way, but the above seems like it would be interactive and logical.

One question:
    Will the drop rates for recipes change between 1.6.1 PTS and the final update? It seems that the new novelty items that can be found as part of JS now take up so many of the spaces in drawers/desks/wardrobes/etc., that recipes of all levels have been quite rare (and I have been looking in everything). I actually like it this way because the ingredients for recipes have become so easy to obtain, it seems that recipe rarity would balance it out reestablish the importance of players who have spent time and money gathering all the recipes. Chefs with many recipes may actually make some money selling food again.

Thanks again. I love this part of the game and cannot wait for the final update.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "For later updates, I would like to see one more level to the Bounty system: Once the white bounty reaches the max level (not the bounty amount measured in gold, as I realize it keeps going up), the offending player should then be clearly labeled and killable by other players, perhaps allowing the attacking player(s) to be granted the same invincibility as the guards while attacking the outlaw. There are many citizens of Tamriel who would like to participate in bringing a mass murderer to justice. Perhaps there is another way, but the above seems like it would be interactive and logical."

It's should be the next part of the justice system : players can become a guard and kill the criminal "freely". Criminals can kill the players who are guard too, allow some pvp outside of Cyrodiil.
    Edited by RoyJade on February 8, 2015 9:57PM
    Options
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Critical Bonus from Spell Crit/Health/Magicka Pots still shows as zero on the tooltip and gives 0 bonus.
    Options
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just went in to test 1.6.1 (I did test 1.6). All my characters are GONE! Starting fresh from the wailing prision with a new intro. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Options
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    Shuichi wrote: »

This is for PVP kills, in general. The Ultimate Combat Frenzy grants was reduced from 25 to 20 at Rank II.

Does this mean Death Stroke is essentially useless in PvP now? The skill increases the ultimate you gain from kills, so if there is no ultimate to gain (apart from NPCs) why would anyone use this? (Like I have been for months)

You answered your own question. Simply don't use it in pvp.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    Well sorcerers got a huge boost. The daedric summoning line now has a lot more synergy and the pets seem like they don't actually suck anymore.
    I got 1 LOL for this comment so far, but I'm really not sure why. I took a template sorcerer and pretty much just ate my way through the mobs in Craglorn. I did this with very little set up and no points spent in the champion system. The pets now taunt, Daedric Curse now causes pets to do more damage to the target, ward seems to be as good as it was before. Please let me know if I missed something.

Don't know how you did that. Did the same thing and couldn't survive any pack of monsters until I switched to full heavy armor. Light armor wearers are just dead now without tank. Experimented with all setups the pets were dead before they could do any good.

For pets to stay alive you need resto staff to heal them constantly
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went in to test 1.6.1 (I did test 1.6). All my characters are GONE! Starting fresh from the wailing prision with a new intro. Is this happening to anyone else?
    EU characters on PTS now so yes it happened to everyone from NA.

Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Just went in to test 1.6.1 (I did test 1.6). All my characters are GONE! Starting fresh from the wailing prison with a new intro. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Have to use a VR14 Template from upper left corner of character creation screen, until the next patch goes out.
    Options
  • osaceeub17_ESO
    osaceeub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    HolyDragon wrote: »
    Things I like to see in future patches:

Armor:

I am sure you are still tweaking this out but when I did go on my Templar in full light Seducers/Warlock armor, it was crazy squishy while not giving enough bonuses as a caster to penetrate damage or regenerate my magicka to compensate against melee heavy armored players. If you have heavy armor of course it should give you a ton of armor points. Light armor just seems a bit weak atm for spell casters imo. Of course I did not test this out as much as I should. I'm sure someone will post something about this.

Holydragon

Light armor is supposed to be squishy. You wouldn't go up against a bear in the woods with a robe on, no, you'd be in Heavy Steel Armor.....but then why would ANYONE go up against a bear in the woods? That is just silly in my opinion.

You are correct, light armor is squishy, but casters (people that don't fight up close) aren't suppose to need it, as they are suppose to be powerful enough to not get close to the "bear".

Over all I am not thrilled about the changes (decreases in power, decrease in the ability to heal). Making us do the writs because our hirelings are ineffective. Having us run around doing busy work (but i guess that is okay since we won't be invited to join in any high level content because your build is wrong, or we don't have enough dps, or maybe we don't the right equipment, etc etc). I suspect that we will have to start posting our equipment, dps stats in chat before we will be invited to anything soon.

I have posted several comments about the trends myself and the "regular people" I play with, have noticed. You do what you think is right for your company, as us 'regular players' will eventually do what we believe is right.

Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost resist is useless

Yeah, you say that.

But when you get targeted by someone with an iceball treb, you'll be having the last laugh. :trollface:

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when in pts character creation, you have to go in the top left hand corner and choose the template for the content being tested, in this patch only level one and endgame templates are there.
    its only happening to people who arnt paying attention.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @xsorusb14_ESO I actually think Frost Resist racial passive for the Nords is an under estimated skill. In PvE the mages who are Cyromancers can hit you like a truck with some ice spells, same with some quests bosses. Now ZOS just needs to make some guards in PvP use some ice spells and we'd be good.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody watch the latest trailer (full length?)

Where, pray tell, are the abilities the stormcaller uses? It's not all fire, fire, fire.

I'd love to have the lightning version of chains/whiplash...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where, pray tell, are the abilities the stormcaller uses? It's not all fire, fire, fire.

The Altmer woman? Yeah, the trailer(s) made Altmer look like they should... powerful mages since they are the most attuned to magicka but... the game has yet to produce the same results. They need to some make Altmer seem more powerful then they are currently... maybe more offensive spells for the Sorcs, or maybe a racial ability for each race.

Edited by OtarTheMad on February 9, 2015 2:49PM
    Options
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭

Overload overdone. Using an enemy as a projectile would be interesting, though.
    Options
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is 1.6.2? We havent heard anything in a while.
    Options