Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Update 6 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    NightBlade changes feedback.

Grim focus are not very bright idia.
    Haste had perfect synergy with spell cater builds and Incacipate morph provided even greater synergy. Now it become useless.
    Why does Grim Focus give Minor Brutality (only weapon damage buff) ? Why Grim Focus or one of it's morph doesnt provide buff for spell power aswell ?
    Combined with removal or Light and Heavy attack speed buff it is quite useless for spell casters now. This Spectral bow thingy is quite useless for stamina builds aswell since you simply dont use light attacks fast enought (you just dont spam light attacks with stamina builds bcoz you have no time for it. Main dps comes from skills with casting time).

Ambush - Stamina ambush morph is just a waste. Skill is now useless for spell casters yet again and can provide synergy for only 1 build - 2H weapons.
    Morph with damage increase for next attack was always good for spell caster builds. Now it is useless. Second Morph was and still is completely worthless.

Mark Target - While most of the change are quite good, the fact this debuff share same type of debuff with Weakness of Elements, Puncture and other debuffs available for any other class negate all of the benefits and barely provide any advantage for NB's dps. I think it should have some kind of Unique debuffs or this skill will be "for solo players only".

Catalyst - change buff to potion effectiviness to 8 ultimate per potion drink are horrible idia. Why did you remove buff to potions in the first place ? It was one of the best NBs passives.

Hemorrhage - The general idia are quite good, but the buff to allys are nearly non existent.

Master Assasing - This passive are still useless. It MIGHT (and i say MIGHT, but if you aint playing solo in most cases it WONT) provide litle bonus 1 time per fight coz you just cant go sneak again after you entered combat. It should have some additional benefit.

Executioner - still worthless like it was before update. Still give redicilous ammount of magicka over redicilous amount of time under redicilous conditions. Not even worth spending skill points.
    By all logics it should provide bonus to any damage dealt to target with low health. Proly should start at 50% health and give something like 3%-6% bonus or start at 25% but give 5-10% bonus.
    Edited by killedbyping on January 29, 2015 10:11AM
    Options
  • lindavanbezooijen
    lindavanbezooijen
    Soul Shriven
    I have tested a little bit with a template DK and NB.

The first thing i noticed that my passives of my argonian has changed! It was 15% more effectiveness of potions ---> and now it gives me 6% of my max health/ magicka/ stamina if i use a potion. This is a big difference.

If i use a potion now it will give me less then before. i will give an example.
    Lets say i have 13.000 health.

If a potion will give me 8000 health normally,
    it will be 8000 + 6% max health = 8780

It used to be this much:
    8000 + 15% effectivenes = 9200 health

I think that is a big nerf for my already crappy passives.

The only passives i liked was the one for more max health and this one for the potion effectiveness of 15%!!!!

The second thing i saw was the star Synergizer in The Lover constellation. I think when you use it in combination with the bloodspawn set which gives you 25 ult over 6 sec, you will get a lot of ultimate. Plus the passives of assault, combat frenzy which gives you 13 ult if you kill someone.

For example big bomb train in cyrodiil run synergy builds. This means you will synergize a lot in 1 sec. This means not only ultimate from synergizer but also for bloodspawn. This means they can keep up there ultimate very fast.
    This means we will keep a lot of bomb trains in cyrodiil!!

Some positive things i noticed are:
    The new animation for my reflective scales.
    Next to that i think my dragon leap has become really good now, especially the big shield.
    I also like the new cyrodiil skill guard.
    Light attack with a staff run really smooth.

I will post more feedback ones i can test my own characters.
    Edited by lindavanbezooijen on January 29, 2015 11:14AM
    Options
  • Yenavar
    Yenavar
    ✭✭
    I played the new tutorial, too and it has definitely improved very very much -nice work.
    I love the smaller and lucidier areas :smile:
    The prisoner exchange looks and feels awsome :smiley:
    The stronger boss fight in the end felt nicer than before :smiley:

Anyway, there are some things a new player could get problems with:
    - the first weapon is equipped automatically. A pure beginner should get intruduced in how to equip stuff.
    - some beginners my spend one Skill point in two-handed weapons, although they don't want to, because they only use a two-handed sword.
    I would prefer choosing the weapon I want, or at least be able to reassign my skill points after the tutorial
    - more opponents in the learning phase would be great, to get used to the blocking and interrupt mechanism.
    - dodging is not explained. especially ranged spell attacks would require that and should be trained in the tutorial.
    - lockpicking is not explained. I experienced many beginners having problem understanding that
    - explanation windows fade out very fast, so slow readers (like me) won't be able to read everything and have to take a look at the Help-window
    - mention the Help-window, so beginners know where to look things up

Then I had some additional problems at the end:
    When leaving Coldharbour, the game got stuck in the Auridon loading screen.
    I had to restart the game and was then requested to select my country.
    After that, I logged into the game and from then on I am stuck in Coldharbour - I can not leave it anymore.
    This only happened with the first character.
    Options
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    update 1.6 big waste of HDD space, zos better call this update totall nerf of all skills and few useless "buffs"
    Options
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't test it properly since my character was NOT copied over!! I'm NA too.......How can this be fixed?
    Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: First post on the forums~ :3

Unrealistic suggestions:
    • Give each weapon skill line an ultimate.
    • Remove the class system entirely, replace "Class" with "Magic" and move the existing class skills, passives, and ultimates into the various schools of magic and make every skill their cost magicka (Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, Mysticism, Restoration, Shadow Magic)
    • Add Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood skill lines with ultimates, stamina scaling actives, and passives
    • Staff weapon skill lines for other schools of magic (Alteration, Conjuration, Illusion, Mysticism, Shadow Magic)
    • Spear weapon skill line; you already have most of the animations in-game to do this, just swap out the aedric spear with weapons
    • Hand-To-Hand weapon skill line; I don't see why this wasn't a thing already
    • Crossbow weapon skill line; you could even move "Snipe" to this skill line, making bow users more AoE and utility focused and have Crossbows be slower and more powerful
    • Reduce the cost of all long duration self buffs and turn them into toggles.
    • Remove all RNG from the game; lower values, lower durations, and/or increase cooldowns on some things if needed. This would include all abilities and set effects; i.e make "Blur" a 100% dodge chance for 4 seconds and only allow up to 4 dodges per cast instead of a "20% dodge chance for 20 seconds."

Realistic suggestions:

[Nightblade]
    [Path of Darkness] - please replace this skill with something better like you did with Haste. The damage and healing increase for the "Path of Darkness" morphs still leaves this skill lackluster and nonviable. The only way "Twisting Path" can be viable dps currently is if you're damaging multiple targets over the 20 second duration and somehow have them standing inside of the very small AoE, but even then light attacks can do a better job of that. "Refreshing Path" has the lowest healing in the game even after the buffs and suffers the same problems as "Twisting Path" in that it requires you to be standing inside of a small AoE for 20 seconds. Neither of the morphs can reliably compete with any other skill in the game.

[Shadow Veil] (Shadow Passive) - reduce the cost of shadow abilities by 15% instead of "increasing their duration by 15%".

[Agony] - please replace this skill with something better like you did with Haste.
    The duration increase for "Agony" still leaves this skill lackluster and nonviable, none of the issues with the skill were even addressed (crap damage for a single target skill, cost is too high, 1.5 second cast time, stun is broken if somebody blows in the general direction of the target afflicted, cannot damage or stun "cc immune" targets). At the moment, the skill is a crappier version of the Dragonknight's "Petrify".

Dual Wield
    Overall, please do something with Dual Wield, the amount of redundancy in this skill line is awful, plus there's the fact that half of the skills in the line don't even use your equipped weapons and instead use random throwing knives (the newly added Blade Cloak, although an excellent new skill, adds to this visual annoyance).

[Twin Slashes] - please replace this skill with some more utility. "Twin Slashes" and "Flurry" both serve the same purpose and "Flurry" does it better. There's also the redundancy of unstackable bleeds from axes and this skill, and the fact that bleeds don't even work on most enemies. As to what you should replace it with, I'd suggest an ability that allows you to re-enter stealth while in combat or an invisibility skill. Some sort of additional utility that Dual Wield is seriously lacking in.

[Flurry] - lower the cost and cast time of this ability, make the 6th hit deal the same damage as the rest of the attacks. Treat all 6 strikes as light attacks in terms of animations, damage calculations, ultimate generation, set effects, champion perks, etc. Stabbing forward 6 times with axes and maces doesn't look or feel "right" to me.

[Whirlwind] - increase the stamina regen on "Whirling Blades" and the range on "Steel Tornado" (to 11/12/13/14 meters, preferably). Remove the daggers being thrown in "Steel Tornado" and change the visual effect to just a larger version of "Whirling Blades".

[Blade Cloak] - rename this to "Parry" or something, please stop with all the "blade" usage in Dual Wield. Increase the duration of the buff. Reduce the cooldown in between procs (1.5/1/0.5/0 seconds, preferably) with the "Quick Cloak" morph, on top of the speed bonus. Make the projectile attack for "Deadly Cloak" attack twice and stun its target. Change the appearance of the weapons being thrown to match the ones you're equipping.

[Hidden Blade] - please replace this skill with either another unique attack or additional utility. It's a lackluster ability and deals less damage than the "Deadly Cloak" morph for "Blade Cloak". Maybe a self-buff that adds poison damage to your weapon attacks and slows enemies on hit for 1 second.

EDIT: I'd also like to suggest changing two Alliance War abilities. "Revealing Flare" has a morph that deals damage to enemies but is in the "Support" skills while "Vigor" is a group heal and is in the "Assault" skills. It would make more sense if they were swapped, imo.

Please dont listen to him. DW is fine.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Day 2 testing:

RESOURCES -- It kind of feels like, instead of adding a bunch of cool powers with the champion system to make us stronger, you nerfed a lot of stuff and will require us to open up a lot of Champion point skills in order to get back to where we were. Things like block cost, crits, etc. all will require maxing out of the CS lines in order to be where they were at pre-1.6."

I agree with this completely. I thought the point of the champion system was to have a way to continue to improve our characters. Instead, my characters feel substantially less powerful than before and it's frustrating to need to obtain champion points just to get back what was taken away.

Potions - spell critical should stack, 45 second cool down is too long. Again, there is probably a passive in the champion system to improve this, but why nerf it just to make us earn it back.

Increased blocking costs are too high. Perhaps find a middle ground.

Champion points - 400K xp per point is too high. This will take hours of play time. Enlightenment might decrease this but how it is earned, the rate, etc are not well explained at all.

Between the nerfs of skills, higher cost of blocking, and the 400K per cp, it feels like a step backwards. Players have been asking for a way to progress their characters without a major grind and I don't think it's improved much.

On a positive note, I do like the justice system. I was never excited about it before but I've found stealing is so much fun! I just hope you add the stolen trinkets to the collection tab. I want to keep my stuffed camel head!

As for the provisioning, I don't think it's much better, but I can deal with it.

Edited by Max2497 on January 29, 2015 4:59PM
    Options
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max2497 wrote: »
    Champion points - 400K xp per point is too high. This will take hours of play time. Enlightenment might decrease this but how it is earned, the rate, etc are not well explained at all.

Between the nerfs of skills, higher cost of blocking, and the 400K per cp, it feels like a step backwards. Players have been asking for a way to progress their characters without a major grind and I don't think it's improved much.
    Exactly my point of view. Especially, when sub free gaming knocks on the door, we should get more motivitation to play, not less. 400k is much to high, even with enlightment. Will enlightment stay for a full point of a cp? I doubt it. Wrong move.

Options
  • Pecivilis
    Pecivilis
    ✭✭✭
    I have been on and off the PTS since it launched 1.6. I have to say that what I have seen has been really REALLY good, and that this may be the Breath of Life this game needed to gain it's full potential.

With that said there are a few points I would like to address.

Light Armor : I definitely agree with the 1/4 mitigation of Heavy. It's cloth and makes sense. My issue is with that nerf we were promised a big boost in Mana Mitigation, to "Allow us to cast for days", as a Dev Chat last month said. Yet, upon testing mana seems to drain at the normal rate for Light users...that is to say very fast. So, in short we took the nerf bat upside the head with no balancing it out.

Stamina : though I am not a Stam build I have heard and witnessed via guidies and other folk from Opposing factions in Cryodiil that Stam seems to drain at a rediculous rate for roll dodge, blocking, and sprinting. Was this intentional or a mistake in the algorithm?

There are some other questions I have, however work calls so I must stop slacking
    "Soon™ " - ZOS on TESOU
    Salty PC Player
    Pecivilis - vr14 Breton Sorc - Magicka DPS
    Guild PvE Officer - The Fatal Legion- NA PvP - Chillrend
    Options
  • Ajyn
    Ajyn
    ✭✭
    ZOS should consider giving VR14 players at least 140 CP to begin with. Even then, there will be quite a ways to go before feeling like we were at the same strength. 70 CP is too low atm.
    Ajyn Adventures (80's Graphic Styles) http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/profile

3.5min Hiath Battlemaster Kill in Vet DSA http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/c/5665297

No Split Method on Stage 10 http://www.twitch.tv/ajynadventures/c/6065266
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina needs a bit of love via making Roll Dodging and Blocking cheaper, and not by slightly either. Not by a whole lot of course, but definitely a decent amount as Stamina Builds are once again subject to the unfair advantage of having to spend an exuberant amount of a resource on evasion and then run dry when it comes time to beat up on an enemy whereas Magicka simply dodges then resumes firing.

Possible Remedies for this is either reducing the cost of dodging and blocking or simply making weapons hit vastly harder for their Light and Heavy attacks, similar to their skills for example, an idea I can expand further on but frankly it's a lot of work and thus a bad idea at this time.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    i also think they should not have nerfed the stats we had, it doesn't feel right when we play on PTS
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • Kapiro88
    Kapiro88
    Soul Shriven
    I would find killing an npc more rewarding if I didn't always rack up a bounty. When there are no witnesses, it makes better sense to not have any bounty placed upon my head.
    Options
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree that 400k cps per champ point, at least at the current rate of earning on PTS, seems a little high.

I'll be one of those playing for the next couple years and not in a major rush, but I am a completionist and to achieve all 3600 available (minus the 70 most of us get) here are some numbers:

2.5 cps a week = 1 million xps earned and you are looking at 27 years

5 cps a week = 2 million xps earned a week and is around 14 years

10 cps a week = 4 million xps... 7 years

68 cps a week will allow you to get all 3,530 remaining in a year but you are looking at churning out 27 million xps a week!

EDIT: Fun note, that's 1.4 BILLION xps to get them all.

Anyway, just saying it might be a little high… but these numbers are without "enlightenment" of course and still assuming there are 3600 cps total.
    Edited by Stonesthrow on January 29, 2015 6:10PM
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you intend for this game to be around for 27 years, I think it's high time to cull the everliving *** out of the XP required to get a Champion Point
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Here is my feedback on the Justice System
    JUSTICE SYSTEM Q&A

Did being able to commit crimes add to your level of enjoyment?

Immensely!
    What was the most and least satisfying thing about the Justice system?
    Loot was the most satisfying. See suggestion below.Having no CC immunity after breaking guards snare was least satisfying.
    Did the Legerdemain skill line feel appropriately rewarding for the activity?
    Yes-my particular favourite is the trafficking passive.
    Was the Justice system clear in what you could and could not do? If not, what was not readily apparent?
    Yes, although I did see some people trying to kill guards as it doesn’t explicitly state in game that they are unkillable.
    Were other players that were participating in the Justice system disruptive to your experience in a city? Did you feel being able to kill NPCs disrupted your own enjoyment of the city environment?
    No and No again.
    How much gold are you averaging in total after an hour of Justice activities?
    I can’t remember as I was too excited and just kept stealing more.
    Which Justice activities seem to be the most and least profitable and effective?
    I think pickpocketing yields higher quality loot in less transactions. However, it has a high risk too. Lockboxes seem to be the most profitable and hence they are placed in visible locations. I did kill a few people that reacted badly when I tried to steal from them:P However, they didn’t seem to have amazing stuff , considering that I killed them to get it.
    Did you find murder and/or theft to be justly punitive?
    I think so.
    How clear is the process to fence a stolen item, and how you use the system for profit?
    Very clear.
    Is it clear when you are and are not being witnessed committing a crime?
    Yes- at least I think I know, but answer to next question could mean I don’t:P
    Are the mechanics of pickpocketing clear?
    Yes, although I’m not sure why someone shows as “Aware” and then I have the option to pickpocket them ?Recipe for getting caught?
    Are the bounty UI elements clear?
    No-see below suggestions.
    Is the recourse for paying your bounty when you are kill on sight and finding a fence clear?
    Yes
    How was the cadence of skill advancement?
    Great!
    Were the legerdemain skills desirable and effective?
    Definitely- see below for suggestion on an active skill.
    Were you able to find Outlaws Refuges when needed?
    Yes, I particularly appreciate that they are normally located close to a wayshrine
    Was it easy to distinguish between selling and laundering stolen items?
    Yes
    Were other players able to hinder your ability to profit from Justice activities?
    Er..I don’t think anyone tried
    STOLEN ITEMS
    Fantastic job on this! Love stealing things. I like the stolen items so much I’ve suggested that they should be a collection. Please thank the people that took the time to create such varied, interesting and funny items to steal. Thread can be found here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148592/stolen-stuff-is-amazing-post-compilations-here-zos-make-this-a-collection/p1

Also @Epona222 has suggested this regarding achievements as well in that thread, which sounds awesome.
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I was more thinking about - you know like the collectibles achievements from creatures/monsters? Something similar to that would make my day, could be a whole page of them with loads of different categories - such as "camping and survival gear" (I already found a tinder kit, and other stuff like I think a water skin that would fit in that category), and "Personal grooming" (I found 2 types of combs), and "Toys" (Found a stuffed guar and a doll). I was thinking along the lines of a new category under collectibles with multiple achievements.
    HEAT STATUS/BOUNTY TRACKER
    I’m talking about the thing in the bottom right hand corner that tells you how hot you are.

A compass has N/E/S/W on them so you know which direction the needle is pointing to, as does a map have a key that you can refer to. I need somewhere that I can click onto to see what my current status is and what that means for my character. Currently all that shows is bounty amount and red gauge on that thingy which doesn’t mean anything to me. I know that there are notifications in game when you reach the next status but I’m normally too busy running away from whoever saw me commit the crime :P
    Ideally I would like to have something like the heat tracker thingy having a label on it..even if its just N for Notorious and then somewhere else that I could click that tells me what Notorious means for my character.

Hell, I’ve just realised that the Notorious definition may actually be in the help section, but I stand by this still:P
    STATS
    Is there anyway that you could implement some Justice System stats anywhere? I know that there are achievements that track some of these, but I plan to steal much much more *evil laugh *.Things like:

Number of items stolen
    Number of successful pickpockets
    Number of murders
    Number of assaults
    Total worth fenced
    Total worth laundered

Etc etc..
    TEMPORARY LOOT STASH
    Most thieves have some where to stash their loot until they can do something with it. You know..hollowed out tree trunks, fake rocks etc. Many times have I looted something awesome or expensive which I definitely want to keep. If I continue stealing then I run the risk of losing those items when I’m spotted.

The other option is to run immediately to the outlaw den to fence/launder whatever valuable thing I have just picked up. This interferes heavily with my criminal activities…

How about multiple temporary stashes located around the towns, that you can put stuff into for say 24 hours. I would like to be able to deposit/withdraw from any of the temporary stashes that I’ve put stuff into if that makes sense. A bit like, you only have one bank account but you can access it at many banks in the world.

Hell, I’d even pay a beggar to store it for me for a few hours whilst I continue thieving. After all beggars are a part of TES and that would make a nice start for when the thieves guild comes out.
    OUTLAW DENS
    I agree with this post from @Rhycroft, that the outlaw dens should be dens of debauchery as well as cross faction if possible please.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148596/justice-system-just-my-opinion#latest

Some things I’ve suggested:
    • Drunken revellers like in the Ban Dar's party (Reapers March Quest)
    • Gambling like in Hadran's caravan area (Lizard Racing/SpikeBall/Troll duelling). Although I understand they may need to come up with smaller gambling tasks that don't take up so much space. How about those card games that we are currently able to steal? I want to know how to play "Snip and Tail" or whatever it was called:P
    • Underground Fight clubs!! This could be a great way to implement duelling. Remember the rooftop fight clubs in Shivering Isles? Thizzrini Arena was great but it needed more crowds.
    • A few "entertainers" like the ones in the Ebon Flask and that other area where there was a whole village of "entertainers".
    SKILL LINE
    Love the skill line. The only other thing I would suggest is some awesome active skill..Even if it only unlocked at the end of the skill tree. Perhaps something like “ Nocturnal’s embrace” or something, where you can become invisible for 5 seconds. This would definitely put extra reward in as well as be useful for further criminal activities.
    Edited by angelyn on January 29, 2015 6:29PM
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raghul wrote: »
    i also think they should not have nerfed the stats we had, it doesn't feel right when we play on PTS

I agree. I thought that they were trying to stop us from stacking all into health. Well, now that they have nerfed health stats, everyone is going to be stacking health points.

This affects all players, I can't do any dps when I'm dead so I will now definitely stack more into health.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - If ZOS want to promote build diversity and stop us from stacking into health so heavily, don't nerf health! Scale it up by the same percentage that magicka/stamina have been scaled with.

HEALTH-WHY?????????? So my attributes and champion points will be going towards health to stay alive. I'm sure many people will be stacking more health than they did pre update 6 because of the nerfed health stats, which is exactly what ZOS was trying to get away from.
    Edited by angelyn on January 29, 2015 7:50PM
    Options
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Quick Note: My Skeleton Polymorph is locked for my main. I do have two toons that have completed that quest. Will they be the only toons that it is unlocked on?
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
    Options
  • agabahmeatshieldb14_ESO
    Champion System
    • Do you feel choices and what you focus on are more important?
    • How fast are you gaining champion points per hour and/or per day? Does this cadence feel good?
    • How is the overall difficulty compared to what’s currently on the Live megaservers?
    • Are there things in the system that you are looking forward to?
    • Was there anything not worth spending points in?
    • How does light, medium, and heavy armor feel now in terms of balance?
    • Is the UI easy to navigate?
    • Is the UI missing anything that you need? Are you missing critical UI elements while in the Champion UI window?
    • Is regular PvE content more difficult?
    • How do dungeons (both regular and Veteran) and Trials feel compared to what’s currently on the live megaservers?
    • Can you still complete Trial runs?

I like the choices presented by the Champion system, forcing you to choose one or two roles to focus on. I didn't see any passives that were completely useless, just ones I wouldn't put points in because they didn't fit my role. I like the passive "perk" unlock system. The returns do seem to be depressingly low, however, for how long each point takes to earn. Spending multiple hours to earn a champion point in order to get a .2% reduction in block cost is, in my opinion, a dismally unrewarding grind. I feel like champion points either need to have higher returns if kept at the current experience rate, or be much easier to acquire if they are to give such meager returns.

400k xp to gain a Champion Rank seems excessive, especially when I only got about 17k from clearing Aetherian Archive up to last boss (I assume I'd have gotten more if we actually completed, but still seems low), even with Enlightenment. Considering how many total points there are to acquire, I'd say this number should be reduced by at least 50% or there should be fewer points but each gives more of a bonus.

Heavy Armor is much, much more powerful than on Live. I like it a lot, especially as a tank. I have only tried Magicka DPS and Tank builds, have not tried a Stamina DPS build. Light Armor seems a little weaker than it is on Live, while Heavy Armor seems much stronger.

The Champion UI is good, easy to navigate, and quite clear.

As far as content difficulty: with only 70 points, my character feels like he's back at Veteran Rank 1 in terms of effectiveness, but it's extremely hard to benchmark since all the numbers have changed.

Aetherian Archive was much harder, but definitely possible. The fights go much longer than on live, so you actually have to deal with boss and add mechanics rather than just stack and burn. We lost a number of people to Lightning Atronarch and Earth Atronarch mechanics because people are not used to moving out of AEs or into protective circles.

We did not complete our Archive run, because the tank couldn't taunt the Conjured Axes (Inner Beast/Inner Rage didn't seem to be working) and we had no lives left after a wipe. We didn't have time to run again, but we could have completed it with some work.
    Gameplay and Abilities
    • Do you like the new abilities, specifically the new class and AvA abilities?
    • Do you like the new buff/debuff system?
    • Do you think there too many synergies on the screen? Do they feel more useful/powerful?
    • Are the synergies more exciting to use now? Do you think there are too many/not enough synergy prompts available?
    • How do you feel about the revised AOE caps and new ultimate generation?

Dragonknight and Nightblade abilities seem good, tested both on my VR14s from live server.

I like the change to DK's Inferno, but the 15% Magicka reduction does not seem to be applying (to Inferno or the morph). 15% cost seems too high, I think 5-10% would be more reasonable.

The increase in cost of Standard of Might to 250 ultimate from 200 seems excessive when combined with the changes in ultimate generation. On live, Standard of Might and Veil of Blades are both overused, I totally agree and I'm totally guilty of doing it myself. However, with the ultimate generation change that problem has been fixed. I think the 200 cost is more reasonable.

Nightblade's updated Mark Target is awesome, and the passives from the Shadow skill line now make tanking on the Nightblade a blast.

I had fewer synergies on my screen, definitely. I would not say that the ones I hit felt any more powerful than on live.

The reduced range means I was definitely not able to hit some that I otherwise would have. I had trouble getting in range of our DK tank's Magma Shell synergy a few times, which would have been nice to have.

Revised AoE caps are great, I really like the change.

Ultimate generation is definitely a big readjustment. My DPS Dragonknight and Nightblade on live both rely on dropping Standard and Veil of Blades early and often. From what I saw last night, Ultimate generation seems slow, but not crippling. It will take some time to adjust playstyle to this, but it's not game-breaking.
    Game Re-balance
    • How do Trials and dungeons feel with and without the use of Champion Points?
    • How does overall balance feel in instanced areas, especially in Dragonstar Arena?
    • How does regular PvE content feel with and without the use of Champion Points?

Ran Aetherian Archive last night with a bunch of folks who are veteran players--had one or two templated characters in the group, but mostly well-geared characters from live, Sanctum Ophidia veterans with Sanctum gear.

We had a fair number of deaths to the Storm and Earth Atronarchs, because people aren't used to using the mechanics. Fights are more difficult but very reasonable. We wiped on the Mage and didn't complete because the tank couldn't taunt the Conjured Axes--Inner Beast/Inner Rage did not seem to be working properly.

With only 70 champion points, my character definitely feels underdeveloped. It's like getting pushed back to Veteran Rank 1, in terms of comparative effectiveness to content. I can only assume that with, say, 1000 Champion points my character would be similar to where he is on live.

Game UI

This is a big one, for me. Going onto the PTS, where none of my addons are enabled, it's painfully clear how inadequate the current, base GUI is for doing serious testing.

We have no:
    *DPS tracker, we have to rely on 3rd party systems that are not updated for the new values in 1.6
    *Buff tracker, we have to rely on "visual effects" that often don't show up or can't be distinguished from other players'. Let's say you have two Dragonknights in the same group or raid who are both using Engulfing Flames on a boss. The boss is on fire, awesome, but I have no way to tell when my debuff has expired if their debuff is still going. The 3rd party mods that show buffs use approximate values and placeholders, so they're not accurate either.
    *Ability to view hard caps or % reductions on tooltips.

The UI for the game is so incredibly lacking in basic functionality. If you want us to do and test hardcore end-game content, please, please, PLEASE give us the tools to do that. Especially with the Major/Minor buff system, it would be so nice to have trackers that appeared on screen to tell me which buffs I had and their duration.

Having to rely on third-party tools to give you the information you need to improve game systems is ludicrous, and since the API is still fairly restricted it's difficult to TRUST the addons we have. Please make a serious update for the UI as soon as possible.
    Edited by agabahmeatshieldb14_ESO on January 29, 2015 7:10PM
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ***! Nearly forgot to mention this, but I noticed that in the patch notes you don't talk about changing the cast time on Uppercut from .8 to 1 second flat, but you did, and it's pretty damn noticeable with these new animations. May want to change that.
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ***! Nearly forgot to mention this, but I noticed that in the patch notes you don't talk about changing the cast time on Uppercut from .8 to 1 second flat, but you did, and it's pretty damn noticeable with these new animations. May want to change that.

Yeah.... my dps with wrecking blow was almost competitive before, still a bit short but it was getting there. Now my dps with wrecking blow is around half of what I could get using other abilities.

This patch... I just don't even... There's some good in it for sure, but a lot seems to make absolutely no sense and often seems counter-intuitive. Gotta hope ZoS knows what they're doing.
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer:

Critical Surge: The one second CD absolutely nukes the AoE capability of getting small healing over a period of damage when the Sorcerer wasn't being focused on. Give this stamina based regen so its clear this ability is meant for Stamina magi.

Power Surge: Give this the same Critical healing only a little weaker with no CD or replace it with the weapon buff.

Eitherway if nothing changes sorcerers will still be a free kill to any player.
    Options
  • sniserb16_ESO
    Sorcerer:

Surge: Well now sucks because the cooldown and I can't use it with my spell attacks and get healed.
    if it was op, reduce the heal done and set a cap to 6 first targets. Please spell casters also want to get heal.

Pets:
    They are cool now. Problem is... they take a too many hot keys. 1 hot key for each bar... Why the pets aren't like in Elder Scrolls? Timed... 30s pet or 1min would be awesome. If the issue is having a bar for buffs... well make the pet insta cast and lower their health.
    Volatile familiar doesnt stun and it doesnt to the damage it says... hits only for 10% max magicka instead 20%
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've posted this elsewhere but there be so many threads and I don't know which one the devs may see:
    LIGHT ARMOUR MAGICKA SORCS HIT 3 TIMES OVER IN THIS UPDATE:
    • Nerfed health of all players- didn't scale health up same amount as other stats
    • Nerfed light armour -to provide only 25% protection that heavy can
    • Nerfed only remotely reliable healing for class- crit surge.
    CRIT SURGE WAS THE ONLY REMOTELY RELIABLE SELF HEAL IN OUR OWN SKILL TREE(PVE)
    So the main reason they nerfed Crit surge healing was due to the combination of impenetrable & AOE changes that will affect PVP? I can understand how the new AOE system means that healing off of a high crit AOE ability might make you OP.However, I wondered why all AOE healing abilities for all classes didn't have a 1 second cooldown implemented.

Even if there was no cooldown I have to choose between weapon power+healing or boost to spell power:
    • Stamina sorcs get healing(albiet at 1 second cooldown nerf rate)plus increased damage
    • Magicka sorcs get increased damage
    Why should I PVE magicka sorc now have no viable self healing skills from my own class because they redesigned the AOE and impenetrable system?I'm not saying that the AOE changes or the Impenetrable changes are bad. I'm only saying that as a class, sorcerer's have no real self healing skill now because ZOS rendered our only remotely reliable heal (in PVE!) useless. In addition, they did this to stop their new system from affecting PVP negatively.

And even for stamina sorcs, a 1 second cooldown on the only remotely reliable heal from our own class tree will probably now not make it onto their bar. However, they may actually get some heals in PVP with the changes to impenetrable?

ANY OTHER RELIABLE SELF HEALS IN OUR OWN SKILL TREE?
    There is hardened ward as an alternative to heal but because from now on all sorcs have to use pets, we will be picking the empowered ward morph instead so that we can have measly DPS.

Dark Exchange is another class ability that has promise for both magicka and stamina sorcs, but its rendered useless by the fact that it's a channeled ability.

IDEAL SOLUTION
    @NordJitsu suggestion in this thread:http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148366/surge-in-1-6/p1
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    The answer is clear.

Critical Surge (base skill): Costs magicka. Critical hits heal you for 65% of damage dealt.

Power Surge (morph): Costs Stamina, Buffs Weapon Power (Major Brutality or whatever the hell), and Critical Hits Heal you for 65% of damage dealt.

Spell Surge (morph): Cost Magicka, Buffs Spell Damage (Major Sorcery), and Critical hits heal you for 65% of damage dealt.

This is the only acceptable solution.
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    I don't think there'd be any need to reduce the % if they capped it at 6 targets like they said they're doing with all secondary effects.

ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION IF NOT WILLING TO CHANGE SURGE
    Make Dark Exchange it an instant cast like @Kilandros suggested in this post:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/147868/suggestion-dark-exchange

Either way sorcs will actually have something in the SORCERER tree that can reliably heal them. That is the reason why so many sorcs are complaining. Give me a reliable heal in my own class tree.
    Edited by angelyn on January 29, 2015 9:15PM
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @ZoS,

I think you may want to rethink Sorcerer Class Abilities and direction because they all seem to be pissed, and by all I mean a sizable majority that seems to strike out as nearly most if not all of them.

Also, if I may be so bold, make Uppercut's damage slightly higher, like 2-5% higher, as to make it not be bad for some builds. I say this because you can only stack oh so many weapon power buffs (i.e only one major and one minor) and some class skills for say a Templar, ran around the use of Uppercut, but are now make not as good thanks to the use of Blazing Spear and Biting Jabs weaved with heavy attack (that Burning Light though, woo).

Now as a Templar I only want Uppercut to be amazing because I prefer to use sword skills with a minor hint of magic rather than a literal giant glowing spear of god that resembles something summoned by a Green Lantern, but for other classes, most notably Sorcerers who have no basic Stam based attack via a class skill, they're getting gypped horribly by this, and could really use a hand here.

EDIT* Whoop whoop! Forgot to mention some stuff.

While I feel Nightblades are in a cozy comfy place and are doing just fine now, I still think Dragonknights are a bit too god damn strong, and a guildie pointed out that Ash Cloud might be too strong, which I am inclined to agree with. Frankly, DKs were monstrous beforehand, and frankly all you guys did was make them better and vastly ahead of the competition still in most arenas of the game (minus PvP, where they tie with Templars).

As for Templars themselves, I will say that there are indeed some abilities of ours is still pretty crappy and entirely useless despite what you have said in supposedly making this patch out to be the patch that makes all skills useful in some way. The biggest issues you will see will be Focused Charge and it's morphs, Piercing Javelin and it's morphs, and Healing Ritual and it's morphs, all of which I have detailed earlier in another thread I created and will now point in your direction.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148683/a-day-of-public-testing-1-28-15#latest

Sincerely,
    Khivas, That One Brown Guy.
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on January 29, 2015 8:31PM
    Options
  • Maxlof
    Maxlof
    ✭✭
    The Justice System is awesome, just awesome, except one thing; When i killed mobs, that were far under my level i got no loot.I understand why i dont get loot, but it just doesn`t feel right, it feels like something is missing (^^).

The Skill Line is very awesome too, but as some others i would like to have an active ability, which scales on stamina(and maybe can be morphed to magicka).

What i really don`t like is the stat increase. Yeah i know it`s no big deal just the numbers are different, but i liked it much more when you had 2000-3000 health instead of 30000+ or whatever. In my opinion such huge numbers don`t fit into the elder scrolls universe, don`t ask me why. I just liked the old numbers much more.

I can`t say much to the provisoring update, because i have never been interested in provisoring, but it seems great i like it.
    Now, you`ve updated provisoring i think alchemy needs some love too, there could be much more ingredients, effects, quality levels and so on.

The new animations look pretty awesome, they`re stylish and cool except the animation for shadow cloak, this only looks weird, but thats maybe just my opinion^^.

To the changes for the NB:
    Personally i like... none of them.
    Surprise attack/assassin`s blade/ambush these were the best abilitys for magicka NB`s and now they are gone. I personally think you changed the wrong abilitys/ morphs to stamina.
    What about if you add a "triple-morph" so that you can an abilty like assassins
    blade to impale/stamina-killers blade/magicka-killers blade or something like this.
    I really think that you made the wrong abilities stamina-morphs and i really hope you`re gonna remove it or change it.
    I think that grim focus is ok, i like it but i think haste was much more useful.
    To get it work, in my opinon you shouldn`t do eight basic attacks, abilitys should count too for it.
    I don`t know what to think about the passive changes yet, i have not focussed on them yet, expect the potion passive, i don`t think it had to be nerfed that hard.

The same for the argonian potion passive, i`ve liked the last one better and i still think argonians need something stealthy like.

The Ultimate generation is horrible in my opinion.
    You are forced to do heavy/light attacks in order to get ultimate points? Really?
    Could have been much better.

All in all (in my opinion)
    The justice system is just awesome.
    The changes to skills/stats etc. are not that great, i think it could be done better.
    Edited by Maxlof on January 30, 2015 3:12PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    Was the Justice system clear in what you could and could not do? If not, what was not readily apparent?
    Yes, although I did see some people trying to kill guards as it doesn’t explicitly state in game that they are unkillable.
    They do have a unique health bar to show this, but you have to go into the Help system to actually find out what that health bar design means.
    I’m talking about the thing in the bottom right hand corner that tells you how hot you are.

Ideally I would like to have something like the heat tracker thingy having a label on it..even if its just N for Notorious and then somewhere else that I could click that tells me what Notorious means for my character.
    I believe it's segmented into three to correspond to each of the heat levels (Disreputable, Notorious, Fugitive), but it probably could be a bit clearer. Maybe by changing the icon in the middle to something depending on the level, à la Assassin's Creed. (My PTS hasn't finished patching yet; when it has I may be able to make some more suggestions.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I understand that with lower numbers these bonuses wouldn't mean much, but at the same time I am certain we did not need WoW numbers to make our new stuff seem awesome
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I believe it's segmented into three to correspond to each of the heat levels (Disreputable, Notorious, Fugitive), but it probably could be a bit clearer. Maybe by changing the icon in the middle to something depending on the level, à la Assassin's Creed. (My PTS hasn't finished patching yet; when it has I may be able to make some more suggestions.)

Ahah!! Now they just need to label them or change the gauge to have more than one colour...I'm not suggesting green/yellow/red but at least it would be more meaningful than all red....or something.. I've not seen the Assassin's Creed one but I'm open to anything that makes it a bit easier for people to see what status they are currently in. :#
    Edited by angelyn on January 29, 2015 10:11PM
    Options
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback on new tutorial:

First off, I am more of a console gamer, although I have a gaming PC, I have been playing ESO on and off since beta, don't have a character higher than 30, but have multiple characters between 10-30. I am one of the users that will migrate to the console version when they launch. With that said, I wanted to provide my feedback on the tutorial. I have played the pre-patch version a few times during beta and when the game launched, so I have a pretty good feeling I could tell the differences easily.

Overall, I think it is pretty fantastic what you have done with the new tutorial area. It looks visually much better than the old one. I did not experience much lag or performance problems at all. There were some odd stutters, but that is all.

I think the set up, how it explains a bit more as you get farther is a big plus, especially for new players experiencing the game for the first time. I do like how you get to experience and use some of the game mechanics early on, which will be helpful to new players.

The Story set up is also much better executed and gives the player a feeling that they are about to embark on a epic story.

In short, it gives a great first impression of the game and sets the player up properly for what they are about to experience once they get into the town proper. I think this part is a big win for the 1.6 update.

Options