Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• Lauradana
    Lauradana
    ✭✭✭
    Do not hold your breath as these guys here have proven that they are cheapskates, well one good turn deserves another so we cancelled all 5 of our subs and will not be resubbing again. The wife and me both had 2 subs and my daughter one, we are all now going to play this game for free while waiting for Everquest next to come out. You reape what you sow ZOS and after reading the lastest critics from game sites you will be going the way Warhammer went, you do know that the most loyal fans also become your greatest foes if you disapoint and lie to them too much. I am turning anyone away from this game who asks about it and being the owner of a very big fantasy shop I get quiet a few people asking questions.
  • Lauradana
    Lauradana
    ✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    I thought DLC's were going to be free to subscribers?

only as long as you have a sub once you unsub you lose the DLC.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (OVER 200 AGREES!) Bookmark
    Given there is no way for someone to 'disagree' quoting that number is meaningless, you don't know how many DISAGREE so trying to assert that this is significant support for your opinion is .. unfounded.

The fact that there are people who disagree doesn't cancel out that there are people who agree so I'll keep displaying that number. Thanks! :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy the whole "now with X number of agrees!" has really gotten those that disagree to speak their mind... saying the exact same thing every time. lol.

Welcome all that do not agree! We look forward to continuing to tell you that it's the empty gesture that we are upset about, not the fact that we aren't getting MOAR!!!!

I'm still not understanding the distinction.

You don't want more Crowns, but you feel insulted by not getting enough Crowns? So the solution here would be to give you more Crowns...

EXACTLY. You DON'T understand. We have tried to explain it to you but there's a breakdown of communication at some point.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (OVER 200 AGREES!) Bookmark
    Given there is no way for someone to 'disagree' quoting that number is meaningless, you don't know how many DISAGREE so trying to assert that this is significant support for your opinion is .. unfounded.

No, it's not. 200 agrees are 200 agrees. They may be little in comparison, but they are more than nothing. And the most important thing about the 200 agrees is that many people are into this topic.
    LMAO, it's not at all surprising 200 people's sense of entitlement is so high, that's the times we live in.

That said, 200 would be insignificant if 10000 disagreed, but the 10000 can't do that so quoting the 200 is worthless.

200 isn't a made up number. 10,000 is. we can suppose and say "what if there was a disagree button" all we want, but there's not a disagree button so arguing that the hypothetical amount of disagrees impacts the validity of the agrees is just you guys finding some reason to dismiss these agrees.

Over 200 people feel this way. 200 customers. That's not something that should be ignored.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't want more Crowns, but you feel insulted by not getting enough Crowns? So the solution here would be to give you more Crowns...

Yeah you're right you don't understand. We feel insulted because 100 crowns is a tiny number of crowns to give those subscribers who supported the game. We do want more crowns...

I would be getting 1200 crowns for the months i've subscribed...then next month i would get 1500 crowns, which suggests that my entire year of play time is worth less than 1 month of sub time after the update...

Nobody would be complaining if we got 100 crowns per month from the start of the game...and in 1.6 they upped the amount to 1500 crowns...everyone would love that we would get more crowns. But Zenimax have suddenly decided "oh for subbing to the game and supporting us through our lies, we will give you crowns, but a smaller amount compared to what you can get NEXT MONTH."
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200 people agree with a post on the internet? That's not science. Do you base your facts on your facebook likes and twitter retweets as well? It's EASY to click a button in outrage, but what is the end goal here? You want them to give you more shinies?

Let's just take MY user number, which is 771,703. There are at least that many users on this forum. OK? OK.

0.025915363015926285%

1085089 is another user number here thats 0.01843166781710993% of the total.

I mean, you think that .019% of anything is going to make a difference to anyone?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »

Yeah you're right you don't understand. We feel insulted because 100 crowns is a tiny number of crowns to give those subscribers who supported the game. We do want more crowns...

I would be getting 1200 crowns for the months i've subscribed...then next month i would get 1500 crowns, which suggests that my entire year of play time is worth less than 1 month of sub time after the update...

Nobody would be complaining if we got 100 crowns per month from the start of the game...and in 1.6 they upped the amount to 1500 crowns...everyone would love that we would get more crowns. But Zenimax have suddenly decided "oh for subbing to the game and supporting us through our lies, we will give you crowns, but a smaller amount compared to what you can get NEXT MONTH."
    Boy the whole "now with X number of agrees!" has really gotten those that disagree to speak their mind... saying the exact same thing every time. lol.

Welcome all that do not agree! We look forward to continuing to tell you that it's the empty gesture that we are upset about, not the fact that we aren't getting MOAR!!!!

EXACTLY. You DON'T understand. We have tried to explain it to you but there's a breakdown of communication at some point.

So... you don't want more Crowns. You want more Crowns. Got it.

The payment model is changing. Prior to 3/17, we received zero Crowns per month, because Crowns were not a thing that existed. After 3/17, ESO Plus member will receive 1500 Crowns per month, because Crowns will then be a thing that exists. The bonus Crowns given go members who subscribed while the game was under the current payment model are completely independent. They have nothing to do with ESO Plus membership, so they shouldn't be compared to it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    200 people agree with a post on the internet? That's not science. Do you base your facts on your facebook likes and twitter retweets as well? It's EASY to click a button in outrage, but what is the end goal here? You want them to give you more shinies?

Let's just take MY user number, which is 771,703. There are at least that many users on this forum. OK? OK.

0.025915363015926285%

I mean, you think that .019% of anything is going to make a difference to anyone?

Oh the whole thread reeks of self-entitled bull****, no mistake there. Thats precisely why most have voted I expect, its the thing of this generation to want compensation at every turn. Deserving or not.

Considering the value of crowns; I very much doubt they'll give people such a backlog of them - that they could purchase all upcomming content for well over a year. Thats quite frankly idiotic and will sink the game even faster.

Theres perhaps a case for something else to be given out as recompense for the lack of transparency/unwanted model change, for long term subscribers. From what I've read here though, nobody posesses the lack of bias, or good moral to debate the ethics on that one in the slightest.

Ofcourse I entirely understand that people here arent happy, im just not in favour of policies or witchunts that completely disregard the livelihood of the company producing the game, or the employees behind it - many of whom likely had nothing to do with the current situation and are responsible for its continued development.

We paid our sub to access the game servers and to have access to content in the P2P period, and they provided that. Not sure what in that fee mentioned hiring ZoS to baby us because we lack an ability to accept the model change and free items being distributed.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you don't want more Crowns. You want more Crowns. Got it.

The payment model is changing. Prior to 3/17, we received zero Crowns per month, because Crowns were not a thing that existed. After 3/17, ESO Plus member will receive 1500 Crowns per month, because Crowns will then be a thing that exists. The bonus Crowns given go members who subscribed while the game was under the current payment model are completely independent. They have nothing to do with ESO Plus membership, so they shouldn't be compared to it.

And this "bonus" or is too little for an entire year of subbing and supporting the game. More than 200 people would agree with me. I don't see many people agreeing with you.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    200 People really isn't much on the grand-scale of an MMORPG, though.

"Give us more free stuff!" - I mean honestly, who wouldn't agree to that?

I guess I just don't see what getting another 2K-5K crowns would get people... buy one of everything in the store?
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax failed on their promises. As someone who subscribed and therefore supported the game on the promise of updates every 4-6 weeks, I feel I deserve more crowns per month for subscribing.

I had no choice in this B2P option. I thought my sub money was going towards content updates, bug fixes etc...but it looks like it funded the crown store. And they are giving me a measly 1200 coins for an entire year of subbing when you get 1500 a month if you sub from now on??
  • Rial
    Rial
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax failed on their promises. As someone who subscribed and therefore supported the game on the promise of updates every 4-6 weeks, I feel I deserve more crowns per month for subscribing.

Just show me were in the license agreements and other legal documents between you and ZOS it says that ZOS, shoud they not be able to uphold their end of the agreement, owes you an amount of virtual currency should ESO ever introduce such a system.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rial wrote: »

Just show me were in the license agreements and other legal documents between you and ZOS it says that ZOS, shoud they not be able to uphold their end of the agreement, owes you an amount of virtual currency should ESO ever introduce such a system.

Quote me where I said they have a legal obligation to owe me crowns? :)
    Edited by Valn on March 2, 2015 3:07PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no choice in this B2P option. I thought my sub money was going towards content updates, bug fixes etc...but it looks like it funded the crown store. And they are giving me a measly 1200 coins for an entire year of subbing when you get 1500 a month if you sub from now on??

Ah, well there's your problem. You were mistaken about what your money paid for.

Your money paid for access to the servers for the months you were subscribed. How ZO spends their revenue isn't something that you have a say over, since you're not an investor.

And clearly, they've been spending a good chunk of their money on new content, since the Crown Store is a tiny addition when compared to the Champion System, Justice System, Provisioning, and general mechanical overhauls coming tomorrow.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭

T&C - legally binding.
    Promises - morally binding.

If you can't see that I despair for you.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Micallef wrote: »

T&C - legally binding.

1. What promises are you referring to, exactly?
    2. Using the word "morality" to talk about a change of business model that has no tangible effect on your finances is a bit of a stretch.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, well there's your problem. You were mistaken about what your money paid for.

Your money paid for access to the servers for the months you were subscribed. How ZO spends their revenue isn't something that you have a say over, since you're not an investor.

And clearly, they've been spending a good chunk of their money on new content, since the Crown Store is a tiny addition when compared to the Champion System, Justice System, Provisioning, and general mechanical overhauls coming tomorrow.

Do you have a source telling that my sub money is going directly to keep the servers running? And not going to the actual games development?

The champion system justice system and provisioning updates isn't really "content". I don't know any new playable zones coming tomorrow apart from that thieves thingy.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Using the word "morality" to talk about a change of business model that has no tangible effect on your finances is a bit of a stretch.

The fact they said we'd get content updates every 4-6 weeks and the sub money would give us a "premium service"
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭

T&C - legally binding.

1. they have all but been drawn in pictures for your understanding
    2. Reading comprehension again. I never linked morality with their change of payment model but with how they have communicated about all of it (see 1.)

At this point I'm convinced you're purposely being antagonistic.
    /ignore
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm convinced you're purposely being antagonistic.
    /ignore

oh...he is.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

0.025915363015926285%

Oh the whole thread reeks of self-entitled bull****, no mistake there. Thats precisely why most have voted I expect, its the thing of this generation to want compensation at every turn. Deserving or not.

Considering the value of crowns; I very much doubt they'll give people such a backlog of them - that they could purchase all upcomming content for well over a year. Thats quite frankly idiotic and will sink the game even faster.

Theres perhaps a case for something else to be given out as recompense for the lack of transparency/unwanted model change, for long term subscribers. From what I've read here though, nobody posesses the lack of bias, or good moral to debate the ethics on that one in the slightest.

Ofcourse I entirely understand that people here arent happy, im just not in favour of policies or witchunts that completely disregard the livelihood of the company producing the game, or the employees behind it - many of whom likely had nothing to do with the current situation and are responsible for its continued development.

We paid our sub to access the game servers and to have access to content in the P2P period, and they provided that. Not sure what in that fee mentioned hiring ZoS to baby us because we lack an ability to accept the model change and free items being distributed.

Apparently you have lumped every response in the thread into one lump. Not everyone here has raised a voice for the same reasons.

I personally have no intention whatsoever of using crowns for anything, because I do not support the idea of a cash shop. I despise the very notion of them and will not support them ever. Period.

Self entitelment, witch hunts, baby sitting, and all the other ridiculous labels that keep getting thrown out here at people for stating they do not support this move -- for whatever their reasons --- is uncalled for and nothing but deliberate insulting.

If you cannot state disagreement as your point of view without bashing people with labels - nothing you have to say is of any worth whatsoever.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a source telling that my sub money is going directly to keep the servers running? And not going to the actual games development?

The champion system justice system and provisioning updates isn't really "content". I don't know any new playable zones coming tomorrow apart from that thieves thingy.

You misunderstood me.

Your money isn't going to the servers. It's paying for your subscription. Once you pay that money, it ceases to be yours.

Zenimax Online's money is going to a plethora of things.

And whether or not you think of 1.6 as containing "content" (that's a whole different semantic debate), it clearly took a ton of developer resources to put it all together. Don't think it's worth your time? Vote with your wallet.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact they said we'd get content updates every 4-6 weeks and the sub money would give us a "premium service"
    We are 6 weeks overdue for "content every 4-6 weeks" if you allow 12 weeks for Update 6 due to it being two updates in one. That puts us in Update Deficit of one update. If they release Update 7 content with no paid DLC component, they will be late, but will have maintained moral integrity by not charging for something that was due, by their original aim (which was not a promise), within the Pay-to-Play period.

I will be using my free crowns for two pets and three costumes - quite a reasonable loyalty reward in my opinion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your money isn't going to the servers. It's paying for your subscription. Once you pay that money, it ceases to be yours.

Ok you're obviously trolling now. But if you're serious, ill help you.

My money pays for the subscription. That money then goes to the servers, to the developers pay, developer resources etc...

It doesn't just sit there in their pockets. The reason they wanted us to subscribe is so that we can get a premium service with regular content updates with the extra money...
    Edited by Valn on March 2, 2015 3:40PM
  • talon_vib14_ESO
    talon_vib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Entitled brats make me sick.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi there, everyone. We understand that the transition of our business model and the initial crown allotment may not make everyone happy. Your subscription in previous months gave you access to the game and all updates; consider the additional crowns you get for this time as a loyalty bonus and a simple thank you. Please make sure you keep your discussion constructive, otherwise we'll need to close this thread.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    @Gidorick get ready to update title again.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one thing to say about this. I get 100 cartel coins just for having an authenticator in SWTOR. Just saying...
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your subscription in previous months gave you access to the game and all updates

....that's because subscribing to the game was the only way we could play it...I sense a lot of passive aggressive in that statement. You're basically telling us to "stop whining", when you're the ones who made us upset with your failed promises and a mere 100 crowns per month as a "bonus". We didn't ask for a crown store, we subscribed because we thought you'd give us 4-6 week content updates, and that we were going to get a premium service with all the money we're giving you.
    Edited by Valn on March 2, 2015 4:01PM
This discussion has been closed.