Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about having or not having free crowns, it's about ZO being disingenious (yet again) by trying to pull off a cash store teaser by giving us just enough to buy some junk but not really anything worthwhile and trying to disguise the whole thing as a token of their appreciation.

I don't want the crowns, I don't even want to be thanked or appreciated by them at this point. I'd just like to see some honesty, for a change. Corporate ethics seems to be a foreign concept for this company. Either that or they are unbelievably incompetent at expressing where it is that they want their product to go.
    I'm actually ok with the F2P and cash store concept. I have re-subscribed to LotRO after cancelling ESO.
    Where I take offense is ZO's underhanded and shady ways they go about their business.

And as far as their incompetence goes, I have my own experience with that as well. For several months now they failed to charge my card for one account while payment went through for the second account, same card. I would have thought they'd fix their source of income without me having to re-explain everything to support every single month. It's beyond comprehension.

Overall, I've loved ESO from the get go, still do, frustrating as its various continued/ignored problems may be. Where I can't justify spending any more money is ZO's behaviour both in terms of running this game and its treatment of its loyal customers.
    Edited by Micallef on March 2, 2015 4:18AM
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have removed several posts from this thread for trolling and baiting. We encourage everyone to be constructive and respectful, even when disagreeing with one another. As a good rule of thumb, if you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Thank you.

Of course this is the only "official" response to this thread...... :/

I swear we need to have a mandated color system for legitimate replies and normal mod posts.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • DirtySmeegs33
    DirtySmeegs33
    ✭✭✭
    We have removed several posts from this thread for trolling and baiting. We encourage everyone to be constructive and respectful, even when disagreeing with one another. As a good rule of thumb, if you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Thank you.

I swear we need to have a mandated color system for legitimate replies and normal mod posts.

That is a FANTASTIC idea!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

You should start a thread about this! It's such a great idea. Maybe red for "moderation" posts and blue for "answers"....
    Edited by Gidorick on March 2, 2015 3:52AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have to agree, at least 500 per month...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see an apology, but that won't happen either.
    Options
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    I agree we should get 500 points/month
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come serious i dont get why people are still upset about 100 crowns get as bonus if any of you have been to PTR you should know that it is not much in Crown Store to spend the crowns on i have been on PTR almost everytime i have time over and i can say i got like 5500 crown and after i bought those thing i want i still hve crown over.

You are also forgett the will also get the time we have left on our subscribe will be convert crown so i think you will have enough crown to spend on item beside those item dont cost that much on PTR crown store and if will be same price on live you will have crowns over.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Come serious i dont get why people are still upset about 100 crowns get as bonus if any of you have been to PTR you should know that it is not much in Crown Store to spend the crowns on i have been on PTR almost everytime i have time over and i can say i got like 5500 crown and after i bought those thing i want i still hve crown over.

You are also forgett the will also get the time we have left on our subscribe will be convert crown so i think you will have enough crown to spend on item beside those item dont cost that much on PTR crown store and if will be same price on live you will have crowns over.

Yes, we're still totally complaining about the amount of crowns. And I congratulate you on your reading comprehension skills.

(edit to avoid mod aggro)

Edited by Micallef on March 2, 2015 7:37AM
    Options
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    This is a completely asinine suggestion, talk about self-entitled. Zos do not have to give us a damn thing for any past months subscribed, we all chose to subscribe based on the model that was available at the time. You all paid, all played, and did so quite happily or you cancelled, you got the service you were paying for; it was not a damn savings scheme.

As a thank you for past subscriptions, they sought to give us a reward, a gesture they did not have to make, I bet none of you complained when you were given loyalty rewards. You lot need to get over yourselves, stop clamouring like a bunch of bloody children, and be grateful we get anything at all.
    Edited by Hexcaliber on March 2, 2015 7:40AM
    Regards Hexcaliber.
    Options
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    Hexcaliber wrote: »
    This is a completely asinine suggestion, talk about self-entitled. Zos do not have to give us a damn thing for any past months subscribed, we all chose to subscribe based on the model that was available at the time. You all paid, all played, and did so quite happily or you cancelled, you got the service you were paying for; it was not a damn savings scheme.

As a thank you for past subscriptions, they sought to give us a reward, a gesture they did not have to make, I bet none of you complained when you were given loyalty rewards. You lot need to get over yourselves, be grateful we get anything at all, you're clamouring like a bunch of bloody children.

An empty gesture at best, to many of us an insult. I suggest you read and understand what our gripe really is about before you post because your comment is way off the mark as far as this thread goes. Most of us don't want any crowns at all, we request to be treated with respect.
    But I guess either reading or respect are too much to ask. Shame on us for even trying.
    Options
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, they haven't made this game in order to provide you with entertainment, they're here to make money.

Pay if you want the benefits. Don't pay if you don't think that they're worth it.

If sufficient people don't pay then they will increase the benefit.
    Edited by Frawr on March 2, 2015 7:51AM
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »
    Guys, they haven't made this game in order to provide you with entertainment, they're here to make money.

Pay if you want the benefits. Don't pay if you don't think that they're worth it.

Hold on I thought the entire point of gaming is entertainment.
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Nope.

Sorry, but Crowns weren't included in the subscription I have already paid for, therefore I'm not owed them. ZOS doesn't need to give them to me. No deal was made. Are people going to start complaining that they're not already getting 10% XP and Gold bonuses too?

In case/before anyone jumps down my throat about this - my opinions are my own and I'm just as entitled to mine as you are to yours.

We're not complaining about what ESO:TU subscription includes. We're voicing the insult we perceive at the 'thanks' they're offering.

Some people just don't want to understand this. They insist on their opposite opinion just to inflame passions. They are the minority and as we all can see here, there are 3, 4 guys who are so naive or so defendend of Zenimax, that they even deny facts.

I think keeping up the discussion with them is pointless.
    Options
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    Frawr wrote: »

Completely agree with this, which is why I look forward to enjoying ESO for free.
    If they think that alienating a good chunk of their player base is beneficial for their business, more power to them. I think that part hasn't sunk in with them yet, though.
    Edited by Micallef on March 2, 2015 8:02AM
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some issue with this treatment, what a bunch of fanboys or white knights won't see is the fact, that Zenimax worsen their reputation - again - with this "gift".

Something they don't need is a worse reputation, they already got one of the worst in the business.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To those of you saying nothing can be bought for 100 crowns, while this is true, it's impossible to have only 100 crowns on transition. We get 500 crowns for the box, so this is the lowest possible number of crowns anyone can have. And that is enough to buy something in the store.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    To those of you saying nothing can be bought for 100 crowns, while this is true, it's impossible to have only 100 crowns on transition. We get 500 crowns for the box, so this is the lowest possible number of crowns anyone can have. And that is enough to buy something in the store.

Again, it's the gesture... not the specific crown amount. The fact that nothing can be bought for one 100 crowns is significant, not that we will get a minimum of 500 crowns.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy the whole "now with X number of agrees!" has really gotten those that disagree to speak their mind... saying the exact same thing every time. lol.

Welcome all that do not agree! We look forward to continuing to tell you that it's the empty gesture that we are upset about, not the fact that we aren't getting MOAR!!!!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Nope.

Sorry, but Crowns weren't included in the subscription I have already paid for, therefore I'm not owed them. ZOS doesn't need to give them to me. No deal was made. Are people going to start complaining that they're not already getting 10% XP and Gold bonuses too?

In case/before anyone jumps down my throat about this - my opinions are my own and I'm just as entitled to mine as you are to yours.

We're not complaining about what ESO:TU subscription includes. We're voicing the insult we perceive at the 'thanks' they're offering.

Some people just don't want to understand this. They insist on their opposite opinion just to inflame passions. They are the minority and as we all can see here, there are 3, 4 guys who are so naive or so defendend of Zenimax, that they even deny facts.

Well, I understand what your oppinions are about and I only agreed with some of those. The thing I didn't agreed with you is the part where you speak about having to pay twice for the same amount of content. And I explained why I disagreed and presented the therm of use (which is a fact) which clearly state you were paying for a service and not investing for future developement in game. What facts have you brought to us to counter what we said before? None, only a couple of speculations, something about what a dev said, some outdated videos from 5 months ago and some flawed arguements about beeing owned for paying a subscribtion like you were some kind of investor.

Second point, I completely understand how the bonus crown ZOS are going to give us can harm someones pride and I firmly believe the reward could have been presented in a way that wouldn't have "hurt" anybody.

You are emotionaly affected by this reward, I can see it and I totaly understand it. But I am not on the same boat as you are, because I personnaly don't care about words as much as some people do and I do see some benefits in the extra crowns I get as a reward.

But does it make it right to ask for a compensation when the reward is basicaly a give away? It's not like you can't buy a pet with those extra crowns or some consumables to boost your exp for a while.

I think this thread is way over the top, and yours are close to inflammatory, people should just sit down a little, take a breath of big air and look at the problem from a different perspective, read their contract and see who's right and who's wrong.

I've done my homework and I already know the answer to this question.
    Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on March 2, 2015 12:40PM
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (OVER 200 AGREES!) Bookmark
    Given there is no way for someone to 'disagree' quoting that number is meaningless, you don't know how many DISAGREE so trying to assert that this is significant support for your opinion is .. unfounded.

Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy the whole "now with X number of agrees!" has really gotten those that disagree to speak their mind... saying the exact same thing every time. lol.

Welcome all that do not agree! We look forward to continuing to tell you that it's the empty gesture that we are upset about, not the fact that we aren't getting MOAR!!!!

I'm still not understanding the distinction.

You don't want more Crowns, but you feel insulted by not getting enough Crowns? So the solution here would be to give you more Crowns...
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    Given there is no way for someone to 'disagree' quoting that number is meaningless, you don't know how many DISAGREE so trying to assert that this is significant support for your opinion is .. unfounded.

No, it's not. 200 agrees are 200 agrees. They may be little in comparison, but they are more than nothing. And the most important thing about the 200 agrees is that many people are into this topic.
    Options
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    Nope.

I'm neither naive or defending ZOS, I'm voicing an opinion the same as you, and that doesn't warrant being insulted by you and your self-entitlement.

Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would appear that the damage has already been done anyway. ZOS can attempt to remedy things by increasing the 'rewarded crowns' but honestly why should they bother? That horse has bolted. Their hand has been shown, dealt, and another painful chip appears in their reputation that, even to myself, has been taking a nose-dive recently.

Lack of ZOS foresight is wrecking the community, so it would seem.

It really is a tremendous shame. :( At least the game rocks enough to keep things ticking over!
    Options
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    DDuke wrote: »

Let's be clear here: for having subscribed for 12 months, you're getting less Crowns than someone who subscribes for one month. If that "f*ton of free Crowns" for you, I don't know what to say...

I'm not saying that 1200 is a lot, I'm saying that the 'conservative' 6,000 people are proposing is a lot. That's potentially 4 DLCs, for free, as thanks for paying for something that you've already received in full.
    DDuke wrote: »

Ohh, so we can use the Crowns to separately purchase DLC that should've (and could've) been in the game months ago?
    Genius idea... let me quote you:
    Sounds a bit too much like greed to me.

And where's your proof that they're holding out on us?
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    It would appear that the damage has already been done anyway. ZOS can attempt to remedy things by increasing the 'rewarded crowns' but honestly why should they bother? That horse has bolted. Their hand has been shown, dealt, and another painful chip appears in their reputation that, even to myself, has been taking a nose-dive recently.

It really is a tremendous shame. :( At least the game rocks enough to keep things ticking over!

They could apologize and work on improving company ethics in order to start regaining reputation. From what I've been reading this isn't the first time an MMO has made the change from ptp to btp/ftp in a sneaky fashion. This just adds to general bad reputations for mmo publishers. ZOS has an opportunity to start turning this around.
    Edited by Ysne58 on March 2, 2015 1:31PM
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »

No, it's not. 200 agrees are 200 agrees. They may be little in comparison, but they are more than nothing. And the most important thing about the 200 agrees is that many people are into this topic.
    LMAO, it's not at all surprising 200 people's sense of entitlement is so high, that's the times we live in.

That said, 200 would be insignificant if 10000 disagreed, but the 10000 can't do that so quoting the 200 is worthless.
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Flynch wrote: »

They could apologize and work on improving company ethics in order to start regaining reputation. From what I've been reading this isn't the first time an MMO has made the change from ptp to btp/ftp in a sneaky fashion. This just adds to general bad reputations for mmo publishers. ZOS has an opportunity to start turning this around.
    Which MMO that went sub->hybrid-or-P2P did it 'sneaky'?

I've played through three games so far that have changed like that (LOTRO, Rift and SW:TOR) I hardly would call any of those changes sneaky.

Rift certainly would have closed without going hybrid, LOTRO was less clear and probably was more Wanrer Bros corporate greed than anyting, while SW:TOR's doors definitely would have closed had it not changed.

The case in ESO is still not clear, though like many I lean towards blaming the bean counters in Zenimax Media, though the huge drop in player numbers last summer/autumn (there's plenty of indirect evidence for this in-game and out, even in the absence of numbers from ZOS) was the trigger: I certainly think Firor's "due to feedback" line was economical with the verité as the saying goes, it certainly was insulting his customer's intelligence.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 2, 2015 1:43PM
    Options
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    @Brasseurfb16_ESO Thanks for your objective and constructive feedback.

Yes we all signed the T&C, which takes care of the legal aspect of using the product.

There is however also a moral side and that's what ZO's management has been saying in interviews and AuA and while they're in no way obligated to follow up on those statements or even to tell the truth, partially or whole, it does have an impact on how they are perceived as a business and, indeed, as people. I'm not going to repeat what has already been quoted, linked and compared (words vs. actions) by multiple posters in multiple comments and in much better ways than I could.
    To some these 'moral commitments' may mean nothing, but to some trust in the provider is as important as the product quality. I believe that ultimately the latter depends to some extent on the former.
    Do we have irrefutable proof? Not really. But I for one know when I'm being taken for a ride, and I don't care much for it.

Sure, they're a business and in it for the money, I have no illusions otherwise. But I think they would have been met with a lot more understanding and tolerance if they had just said that the P2P model was not working out due to less than expected subscriptions instead of 'community feedback', if they'd been just a little humble and admitted it wasn't working out as they projected, that the 6 month subscription was removed to smooth the way for the F2P transition instead of that hilarious fib that it wasn't very popular, that the senche will be in the store but that previous subscribers would receive a unique version, that each previous subscriber would receive 100 crowns per month to get them started in the crown store, etc...
    Same events, whole different spin and much better reception, imho.
    Honesty may not always be comfortable but it will go a long way. Much longer than trying to take your costomers for fools.

My 2 crowns.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.