Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

100 crowns for each prior month for subscribers. (WOW! 250+ AGREES!)

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreamo84 wrote: »
    If it was really that bad though, why did you stay?

Because of promises (lies) of content coming "soon", such as Imperial City, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Murkmire, Wrothgar etc? Promises (lies) the game wouldn't go B2P?

Who knows... everyone has their reasons ;)
    Edited by DDuke on March 1, 2015 11:45PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Islyn wrote: »
    Inco wrote: »
    Sorry.. it's just bad form on ZOS part.

10 months of subs is equal to $150 and 1,000 crowns.
    ONE month sub if made today is $15 and worth 1,500 crowns. ($135 less and 500 more crowns)

That's pouring salt into the wound if you ask me.

No.

10 months of subs is equal to 10 months of access to the servers under the subscription payment model.
    1 month of ESO Plus membership is equal to 1 month of ESO Plus benefits under the new model plus free access to the servers.

You cannot compare month-to-month under radically different payment models.

15 per month is 15 per month what do you mean with different payment model??

I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

Under the current payment model, we pay for access to the servers. In a couple of weeks, we won't have to do that anymore. Different payment models.
    Bashev wrote: »
    Gidorick wrote: »
    ...is insulting!

Once the game goes F2P, subscribers will receive 1500 Crowns a month.

We should receive the same 1500 crowns for each month we've subscribed. To give us less than that suggests that the time we've spent in ESO is worth LESS than future subscriptions.

Kind of reminds me of the whole 30 CP option they were going to give. They changed the CP distribution.... They need to change this.

EDIT: The consensus seems to be that 500 or so would be reasonable.
    EDIT: This post now has over 150 "Agrees"! It's good to know so many others feel the same way about the 100 crowns!

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but here I go...

Zenimax Online isn't entitled to give you anything in return for the months you played before. You know why? Because you payed for a subscription fee under a different policy and the chart you sign with Zenimax will not even be the same when Tamriel Unlimited goes live.

Basicaly ESO+ membership is going to be a whole new thing part of a new promotional offer and by giving them money previously you accepted their previous offer and conditions in which they have clearly stipulated, as a company, they were in no way obliged to compensate you for anything should that offer change.

Exemple : Lets say I buy a cofee machine for 150.00€. A month later, I see that same machine only at 120.00€ with an extra set of cups of cofee. Can I claim my 30.00€ back and get my set of cups of cofee for free? Nope, because it's part of another promotion package deal and it works exactly the same way for video games (including MMO subscribtions).

So be happy you even got something... because legaly, they could just have completely ignored the old playerbase and give it absolutely nothing in compensation.
    Let me give you another example. Imaging that you bought an apartment in a building and you have a contract with the agency to whom belong the rest of the building that you will pay them each month a fee and they will use the money to maintain the building and they will make improvements in your apartment and renovate it. Lets say that they will use 30% of the money for maintaining the building and 70% for the renovation. After 9 months they told you that now if you want the renovation that they planned you have to pay for it.
    We got only 2-3 veteran dungeons, one zone Craglorn with trials and DSA and thats it. For the rest we have to pay. If ZoS needs 5 USD per month for maintenance and the rest 10 they use for new content, then I gave them 90 USD for nine months and received almost nothing. I bought the game for 60 USD and received 10 times more content that I got for the 90 USD that I paid for content. Now we have to pay for the content that they developed while we were paying.

And if they stayed under the subscription model, how would this change?

You still wouldn't get access to the new content if you stopped paying for your subscription. You'd still have to pay to even get access to the core game.

The problem is that you (and most of the people in this thread) think that when a company spends their earned money on specific items, that you somehow become entitled to those items. If ZO had said, "We're using subscription fees to finance the company waterpark," that wouldn't mean that you were entitled to free admission to the waterpark.

Oh I see - sorry - I intend to still sub - so for me those who subbed before and those who still do - same payment model :-)

ETA: the rest though is whatevs - I was only asking what you meant by different payment model.

It's still not the same payment model.

You're paying the same monthly fee, but you now receive a monthly allowance of Crowns (in addition to still having access to all the DLC). And more importantly, the people who don't pay a monthly fee will still have access to the same core game. So while it will feel the same for you, the payment model is entirely different.

Yes, in addition to all the DLC that was supposed to be released for subscribers, but which was actually held off to be nickel & dimed later. Content, which could be in game right now.

What do you propose we do, thank them for showing us the middle finger & making our time less valuable than the B2P crowd's? :smiley:

And in the end, we don't even get one DLC's worth of Crowns in return.

You really take apologism to a whole new level.

Again, please actually think about how DLC works compared to the current payment model.

Current payment model: Pay a monthly fee for access to the whole game, all updates/DLC included.

TU payment model: Pay a monthly fee for access to the whole game, all updates/DLC included, or, alternatively, buy DLC separately and forego the monthly fee.

Either way, you're paying the exact same amount if you choose to stay subscribed. If you had stopped your subscription under the current model, you wouldn't have been able to access that DLC in the future anyway.

P.S. You have no idea what updates could be "in game right now" (hint: 1.6 is the only one), but if you have any evidence to suggest otherwise, feel free to present it.

Except the highlighted, which just isn't true & I even posted evidence about it.

I can't tell what happened to my post (it seems to have mysteriously vanished), but if you want to take a look at that evidence, I suggest you to begin by reading what @Seraphyel wrote on the previous page and then taking a look at statements between QuakeCon & last month's Q&A.

Have a good day.

---
    P.S. If quoting what people working at Zenimax have said & expressing fair criticism for the business decisions of the company is somehow against Community Rules, I would very much like to be informed atleast (leave me an explanation why a post was removed for instance).

So when ZO directly says that ESO Plus membership grants you, "Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership," they're... what? Speaking in code?

I'm sorry, is the text too small for you?
    If so, my apologies. I have no idea how to make it bigger (I can read it just fine though).

Here, maybe if I cut off the other parts you'll have no trouble reading/understanding:
    Current payment model: Pay a monthly fee for access to the whole game, all updates/DLC included.
    P.S. You have no idea what updates could be "in game right now" (hint: 1.6 is the only one), but if you have any evidence to suggest otherwise, feel free to present it.
    Except the highlighted, which just isn't true & I even posted evidence about it.

I can't tell what happened to my post (it seems to have mysteriously vanished), but if you want to take a look at that evidence, I suggest you to begin by reading what @Seraphyel wrote on the previous page and then taking a look at statements between QuakeCon & last month's Q&A.

Tip: if you are having a hard time reading, you can make the text bigger by holding ctrl & scrolling with your mouse.

OK, let me try again.

You highlighted (I have to assume you mean the text in bold, because there's no other distinguishing differences in the text you quoted.) the part of my post regarding access to all updates/DLC. Interestingly, you highlighted that we don't get that under the current model, but I assumed that you meant to highlight it under TU, because it's fairly self-evident that the current subscription model grants us access to all available content.

Of course, if you're actually claiming that the current model doesn't grant us access to all available content, then you're literally saying that you don't have access to the game right now. There is no "restricted" version of ESO sans DLC under the current model.

Then again, perhaps you're referring to your mystery evidence that ZO is withholding all the glorious completed DLC from us (despite fairly clear statements that 1.6 took over the development process, due to its game-changing nature). Not being a developer, you don't have that evidence. It was asked for rhetorically. The only content that is about to be available on live that we don't currently have access to is 1.6. That's it. You can come up with as many conspiracy theories as you like, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no DLC currently available that we don't have access to under our subscriptions (and there's no future DLC that ESO Plus member won't have access to when it lands).
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Don't make me post a lesson on statistical analysis, public internet forums, and the meaninglessness of polling on such forums.

Because I'm bored, and I'll do it! >:)

That might actually help me fall asleep tonight. Glad to see you are still here @GreySix .

It isn't just the 100 crowns, it's the whole way they went about it. Now they are releasing 1.6 so we can continue beta testing that for the console.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Don't make me post a lesson on statistical analysis, public internet forums, and the meaninglessness of polling on such forums.

That might actually help me fall asleep tonight. Glad to see you are still here @GreySix .

It isn't just the 100 crowns, it's the whole way they went about it. Now they are releasing 1.6 so we can continue beta testing that for the console.

Oh I don't disagree we're getting ripped off.

Just don't think anything we post here will matter ... based on past results. ;)
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people who are making up the difference in timecards are getting more crowns total than the ones who already paid for it, although I still don't understand that math very well.

That's because there's no math to support it.

If you buy [X] timecards now, you will get the same monthly allotment of Crowns as someone who subscribes for the next [X] months to ESO Plus.
    Buying X time cards now = subcribing to ESO Plus for 2X months

Ysne is talking about time already elapsed. A person who has been continuously subscribed since launch is going to receive 100 crowns for each month. A person who missed some time and decided to make it up with time cards is getting 100 crowns for each past month + 1500 for each remaining month. They both paid for 10 months total and qualify for the same loyalty rewards. The second person receives substantially more crowns.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    truthfully, do thy really owe us anything extra? Some people cite dealing with so many problems and bugs and the whole year being a "beta test".

If it was really that bad though, why did you stay? I have a hard time believing anyone was just that self sacrificing and devoured to ZOS that they were willig to pay and suffer subscribing to a game they were not enjoying.

You can spin it anyway you want but this is all just coming off extremely Whiney and childish, they literally have no reason to offer anything extra and you have no right to expect it.

I just do not get the entitled attitude of people. Get over yourselves, you are not the mother Theresa of MMORPGs,

*rolls eyes* it's not that they owe us, We don't think they owe us, It's the message they're sending. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inco wrote: »
    Sorry.. it's just bad form on ZOS part.

10 months of subs is equal to $150 and 1,000 crowns.
    ONE month sub if made today is $15 and worth 1,500 crowns. ($135 less and 500 more crowns)

That's pouring salt into the wound if you ask me.

No.

10 months of subs is equal to 10 months of access to the servers under the subscription payment model.
    1 month of ESO Plus membership is equal to 1 month of ESO Plus benefits under the new model plus free access to the servers.

You cannot compare month-to-month under radically different payment models.

15 per month is 15 per month what do you mean with different payment model??

I would have thought that was fairly obvious.

Under the current payment model, we pay for access to the servers. In a couple of weeks, we won't have to do that anymore. Different payment models.
    Bashev wrote: »
    ...is insulting!

Once the game goes F2P, subscribers will receive 1500 Crowns a month.

We should receive the same 1500 crowns for each month we've subscribed. To give us less than that suggests that the time we've spent in ESO is worth LESS than future subscriptions.

Kind of reminds me of the whole 30 CP option they were going to give. They changed the CP distribution.... They need to change this.

EDIT: This post now has over 150 "Agrees"! It's good to know so many others feel the same way about the 100 crowns!

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but here I go...

Zenimax Online isn't entitled to give you anything in return for the months you played before. You know why? Because you payed for a subscription fee under a different policy and the chart you sign with Zenimax will not even be the same when Tamriel Unlimited goes live.

Basicaly ESO+ membership is going to be a whole new thing part of a new promotional offer and by giving them money previously you accepted their previous offer and conditions in which they have clearly stipulated, as a company, they were in no way obliged to compensate you for anything should that offer change.

Exemple : Lets say I buy a cofee machine for 150.00€. A month later, I see that same machine only at 120.00€ with an extra set of cups of cofee. Can I claim my 30.00€ back and get my set of cups of cofee for free? Nope, because it's part of another promotion package deal and it works exactly the same way for video games (including MMO subscribtions).

So be happy you even got something... because legaly, they could just have completely ignored the old playerbase and give it absolutely nothing in compensation.
    Let me give you another example. Imaging that you bought an apartment in a building and you have a contract with the agency to whom belong the rest of the building that you will pay them each month a fee and they will use the money to maintain the building and they will make improvements in your apartment and renovate it. Lets say that they will use 30% of the money for maintaining the building and 70% for the renovation. After 9 months they told you that now if you want the renovation that they planned you have to pay for it.
    We got only 2-3 veteran dungeons, one zone Craglorn with trials and DSA and thats it. For the rest we have to pay. If ZoS needs 5 USD per month for maintenance and the rest 10 they use for new content, then I gave them 90 USD for nine months and received almost nothing. I bought the game for 60 USD and received 10 times more content that I got for the 90 USD that I paid for content. Now we have to pay for the content that they developed while we were paying.

And if they stayed under the subscription model, how would this change?

You still wouldn't get access to the new content if you stopped paying for your subscription. You'd still have to pay to even get access to the core game.

The problem is that you (and most of the people in this thread) think that when a company spends their earned money on specific items, that you somehow become entitled to those items. If ZO had said, "We're using subscription fees to finance the company waterpark," that wouldn't mean that you were entitled to free admission to the waterpark.

Oh I see - sorry - I intend to still sub - so for me those who subbed before and those who still do - same payment model :-)

ETA: the rest though is whatevs - I was only asking what you meant by different payment model.

It's still not the same payment model.

You're paying the same monthly fee, but you now receive a monthly allowance of Crowns (in addition to still having access to all the DLC). And more importantly, the people who don't pay a monthly fee will still have access to the same core game. So while it will feel the same for you, the payment model is entirely different.

Yes, in addition to all the DLC that was supposed to be released for subscribers, but which was actually held off to be nickel & dimed later. Content, which could be in game right now.

What do you propose we do, thank them for showing us the middle finger & making our time less valuable than the B2P crowd's? :smiley:

And in the end, we don't even get one DLC's worth of Crowns in return.

You really take apologism to a whole new level.

Again, please actually think about how DLC works compared to the current payment model.

TU payment model: Pay a monthly fee for access to the whole game, all updates/DLC included, or, alternatively, buy DLC separately and forego the monthly fee.

Either way, you're paying the exact same amount if you choose to stay subscribed. If you had stopped your subscription under the current model, you wouldn't have been able to access that DLC in the future anyway.

Have a good day.

---
    P.S. If quoting what people working at Zenimax have said & expressing fair criticism for the business decisions of the company is somehow against Community Rules, I would very much like to be informed atleast (leave me an explanation why a post was removed for instance).

So when ZO directly says that ESO Plus membership grants you, "Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership," they're... what? Speaking in code?

I'm sorry, is the text too small for you?
    If so, my apologies. I have no idea how to make it bigger (I can read it just fine though).

Here, maybe if I cut off the other parts you'll have no trouble reading/understanding:

Tip: if you are having a hard time reading, you can make the text bigger by holding ctrl & scrolling with your mouse.

OK, let me try again.

You highlighted (I have to assume you mean the text in bold, because there's no other distinguishing differences in the text you quoted.) the part of my post regarding access to all updates/DLC. Interestingly, you highlighted that we don't get that under the current model, but I assumed that you meant to highlight it under TU, because it's fairly self-evident that the current subscription model grants us access to all available content.

Of course, if you're actually claiming that the current model doesn't grant us access to all available content, then you're literally saying that you don't have access to the game right now. There is no "restricted" version of ESO sans DLC under the current model.

Then again, perhaps you're referring to your mystery evidence that ZO is withholding all the glorious completed DLC from us (despite fairly clear statements that 1.6 took over the development process, due to its game-changing nature). Not being a developer, you don't have that evidence. It was asked for rhetorically. The only content that is about to be available on live that we don't currently have access to is 1.6. That's it. You can come up with as many conspiracy theories as you like, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no DLC currently available that we don't have access to under our subscriptions (and there's no future DLC that ESO Plus member won't have access to when it lands).

I must say, I'm missing the LOL button right now.

Ahh... human naivety never ceases to amaze me.

Any bad/dishonest decision ZOS makes = Conspiracy Theory
    Evidence? Impossibru!! Conspiracy Theory.

Thanks for the laughs :smile:
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I don't disagree we're getting ripped off.

Just don't think anything we post here will matter ... based on past results. ;)

Don't know if we don't try. At least if they completely ignore us here we get a pretty message.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    truthfully, do thy really owe us anything extra? Some people cite dealing with so many problems and bugs and the whole year being a "beta test".

If it was really that bad though, why did you stay? I have a hard time believing anyone was just that self sacrificing and devoured to ZOS that they were willig to pay and suffer subscribing to a game they were not enjoying.

You can spin it anyway you want but this is all just coming off extremely Whiney and childish, they literally have no reason to offer anything extra and you have no right to expect it.

I just do not get the entitled attitude of people. Get over yourselves, you are not the mother Theresa of MMORPGs,

*rolls eyes* it's not that they owe us, We don't think they owe us, It's the message they're sending. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I dont even bother replying to people who refuse to at minimum skim the entire thread before posting. Its been explained numerous times we only think we are entitled to the same things as the people paying for one month. We dont even get 1 full months allotment for an entire year of paying them. Meanwhile new people coming in get 15,000 crowns for paying the same amount. If he doesnt get that then he is just being obtuse.
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO
    Nope.

Sorry, but Crowns weren't included in the subscription I have already paid for, therefore I'm not owed them. ZOS doesn't need to give them to me. No deal was made. Are people going to start complaining that they're not already getting 10% XP and Gold bonuses too?

In case/before anyone jumps down my throat about this - my opinions are my own and I'm just as entitled to mine as you are to yours.
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

Sorry, but Crowns weren't included in the subscription I have already paid for, therefore I'm not owed them. ZOS doesn't need to give them to me. No deal was made. Are people going to start complaining that they're not already getting 10% XP and Gold bonuses too?

In case/before anyone jumps down my throat about this - my opinions are my own and I'm just as entitled to mine as you are to yours.

Ok you are allowed to have your opinion I give you that. What do you mean about not already getting 10% xp etc? That makes no sense thats not a loyalty reward like the 100 crowns per month subscribed. Since they are giving us the 100 crowns per month I dont think its being too crazy to ask why so little. Personally Id have rather they just not given us anything than this insult of an amount.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, let me try again.

Ctrl-f
    Search "crowns"

No mention of word crown

Your post = off topic = irrelevant to the thread. The thread which has over 200 likes and 1 guy trying to force their complete opposite opinion onto others (you).
    Edited by Valn on March 1, 2015 11:59PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    The people who are making up the difference in timecards are getting more crowns total than the ones who already paid for it, although I still don't understand that math very well.

That's because there's no math to support it.

If you buy [X] timecards now, you will get the same monthly allotment of Crowns as someone who subscribes for the next [X] months to ESO Plus.
    Buying X time cards now = subcribing to ESO Plus for 2X months

Ysne is talking about time already elapsed. A person who has been continuously subscribed since launch is going to receive 100 crowns for each month. A person who missed some time and decided to make it up with time cards is getting 100 crowns for each past month + 1500 for each remaining month. They both paid for 10 months total and qualify for the same loyalty rewards. The second person receives substantially more crowns.

A person who has been continuously subscribed since launch has been able to play the game for that entire time. A person who unsubscribed didn't get to play for that time.

Both players only receive their 1500 Crown allowance for the months they are subscribed after the transition to TU. Buying those months in advance with game cards doesn't actually save someone money or grant them more crowns than purchasing those months directly through ZO.

There's nothing in that game card purchase that comes out to being worth two months of a regular ESO Plus membership, no matter how you look at it.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on March 2, 2015 12:01AM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course we are each entitled to our own opinions.

Personally, it's the fact that they decided to give any crowns at all for prior months and then such a piddly amount. Along with being able to make up any months as long as it's added before March 16th or 17th to qualify for the senche mount. I'm glad they did, because I now qualify for that. But I do understand why those who never lapsed in subscribing feel puked all over by ZOS at the same time.

Again, it's not that we feel entitled to any crowns. It's that they gave such a small amount that it feels like it's not really a thank you.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

We're not complaining about what ESO:TU subscription includes. We're voicing the insult we perceive at the 'thanks' they're offering.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont even bother replying to people who refuse to at minimum skim the entire thread before posting. Its been explained numerous times we only think we are entitled to the same things as the people paying for one month. We dont even get 1 full months allotment for an entire year of paying them. Meanwhile new people coming in get 15,000 crowns for paying the same amount. If he doesnt get that then he is just being obtuse.

Yea... I know. I should just ignore those posts. I just can't help myself! Lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.

We're not complaining about what ESO:TU subscription includes. We're voicing the insult we perceive at the 'thanks' they're offering.

"B-b-b-but its free! stop being so greedy and entitled!!11one111!!"

Zenimax: *Slaps you in face*

"Stop complaining, it was a free slap"

:)
  • Bars
    Bars
    ✭✭✭
    tbh for me they should keep the 100 crowns per month it looks like they need them more than me
  • fluffycannibalb16_ESO

Ok you are allowed to have your opinion I give you that. What do you mean about not already getting 10% xp etc? That makes no sense thats not a loyalty reward like the 100 crowns per month subscribed. Since they are giving us the 100 crowns per month I dont think its being too crazy to ask why so little. Personally Id have rather they just not given us anything than this insult of an amount.

So basically, you're upset that they're not giving you enough free stuff? Sounds a bit too much like greed to me.
    To me it's perfectly understandable; if they give everyone a f*ton of free Crowns now it will be harder to sell them later on, especially when those players can horde those Crowns and use them to buy DLC later on and save themselves the cost of a continued subscription. Besides, like I said before, they don't owe us anything. We've already had what we paid for.

My point is that comparisons are being made and people are basically saying that if they're going to be given X amount of Crowns in TU then they should receive it already, when it doesn't work like that.
    Fluff'ii - EP Sneaky-Cat-People
    Elendil Ellesar - EP Stabby-Stabby-Healer
    Khalisah al-Sinan - EP Fire-Breathing-Shieldy-Person
    Liara Motierre - EP Blinky-Storm-Mage
    Fetches-Fetches-Glitter - EP Lizard-Light-Smasher
    Zevran Demnevanni - EP Sneaky-Vampire-Mage
    Vindictal - EP Evil-necROMANCEr
    Shepard Andersson - EP Smashy-Dragon-Man
    Anduille - EP Cute-Bosmer-Bear-Lover
    Eamhair Eimhir - EP Necro-Poison-Wolf-Girl
    Orlog gro-Morkul - EP Smashy-Sorc-Orc
    Lucien la Malfaisance - EP Book-Beamer
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭

I did have some disagrees but it was just a small handful... and people don't agree just because there's no other option they click agree because.... erm... They agree. Crazy huh?

I completely disagree, and there's no option for it. That doesn't mean visible "Likes" take precedence. The fact of the matter still stands, that if they gave us 1500 points for every month subbed (elapsed or other wise) that would give the player less incentive to buy crowns directly, meaning no direct income for zenimax for quite a long time. They're not willing to do this, and quite rightly so. Would you rather have a bankrupt Zenimax putting out barebones patches, or a funded Zenimax pushing out actual content?

The whole premise of this thread is flawed, and due to the controversy that is clearly shown throughout the thread, more than "Just a handful" disagree with you.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want a daedric plasma cannon.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So basically, you're upset that they're not giving you enough free stuff? Sounds a bit too much like greed to me.
    To me it's perfectly understandable; if they give everyone a f*ton of free Crowns now it will be harder to sell them later on

Let's be clear here: for having subscribed for 12 months, you're getting less Crowns than someone who subscribes for one month. If that "f*ton of free Crowns" for you, I don't know what to say...
    , especially when those players can horde those Crowns and use them to buy DLC later on and save themselves the cost of a continued subscription. Besides, like I said before, they don't owe us anything. We've already had what we paid for.

Ohh, so we can use the Crowns to separately purchase DLC that should've (and could've) been in the game months ago?
    Genius idea... let me quote you:
    Sounds a bit too much like greed to me.
    Edited by DDuke on March 2, 2015 12:46AM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To me it's perfectly understandable; if they give everyone a f*ton of free Crowns now it will be harder to sell them later on

Let's be clear here: for having subscribed for 12 months, you're getting less Crowns than someone who subscribes for one month. If that "f*ton of free Crowns" for you, I don't know what to say...
    , especially when those players can horde those Crowns and use them to buy DLC later on and save themselves the cost of a continued subscription. Besides, like I said before, they don't owe us anything. We've already had what we paid for.

Ohh, so we can use the Crowns to separately purchase DLC that should've been in the game months ago?

1. You were subscribed for that time. You got what you paid for. It's an entirely different payment model going forward.
    2. You don't need to use the Crowns to purchase DLC if you pay a monthly fee (just like you do now). It's now just an option for those who'd prefer that payment method. Nothing changes if you want to be an ESO Plus member.
    ----
    Murray?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ohh, so we can use the Crowns to separately purchase DLC that should've been in the game months ago?

1. You were subscribed for that time. You got what you paid for. It's an entirely different payment model going forward.
    2. You don't need to use the Crowns to purchase DLC if you pay a monthly fee (just like you do now). It's now just an option for those who'd prefer that payment method. Nothing changes if you want to be an ESO Plus member.

And you still don't get it, do you?

It's not about how it will work, it's about how they've treated their customers (holding back content to be sold as DLCs instead of releasing them, then giving less than one month worth of Crowns as compensation)

And LOL at nothing changing if you want to be ESO Plus member.

I can guarantee you that you'll be forced to buy XP Boosters & what not on top of your subscription, if you want to stand a chance against the CP heroes.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »

I did have some disagrees but it was just a small handful... and people don't agree just because there's no other option they click agree because.... erm... They agree. Crazy huh?

I completely disagree, and there's no option for it. That doesn't mean visible "Likes" take precedence. The fact of the matter still stands, that if they gave us 1500 points for every month subbed (elapsed or other wise) that would give the player less incentive to buy crowns directly, meaning no direct income for zenimax for quite a long time. They're not willing to do this, and quite rightly so. Would you rather have a bankrupt Zenimax putting out barebones patches, or a funded Zenimax pushing out actual content?

The whole premise of this thread is flawed, and due to the controversy that is clearly shown throughout the thread, more than "Just a handful" disagree with you.

It has been just a handful.. the "controversy" has been due to a VERY vocal few. Thankfully there are a few people that feel as strongly as I do about the 100C being insulting. If it was just ME and a bunch of people saying I'm being crazy then I'd have to agree that you have a point about the premise of this thread being flawed... the fact that its me... a handful of other vocal individuals and 225 agrees at this point makes it pretty clear which way the opinion sways. In fact, the LACK of an LOL or disagree hurts my argument here because there weren't all that many disagrees. I think it was in the teens... by now it would probably be like 30 or 40.

These are pretty much the sides:

Agrees: "We feel as if the communication that ZOS is sending by offering us an amount of crowns that will literally buy nothing in the crown store is insulting."

Disagree: "The amount that ZOS is offering is fine. Those that are insulted by it are being greedy by wanting more."

And THERE we have the flaw you speak of. We do not WANT more for the sake of getting more. We want the "thanks" to be appropriate. In fact, as many as there are that disagree with me, at least that many have spoken up and said that they would rather ZOS have offered NOTHING than to have offered 100C. It TRULY is about the message. Those that scream we are being greedy or that we are asking for more just flat out do not "get it". I don't know if there is a level of subtle communication that they are unable to perceive or that those of us who are insulted are being overly sensitive.

Here are the cold hard facts.
    • ZOS is offering each previous subscriber 100 Crown per past month of subscription as a "thanks".
    • 100 Crown will literally buy NOTHING in the Crown Store (as the prices stand now)

That's IT. There is NOTHIING flawed about it. It's fact.

Everything else on this thread are individual reasons for feeling like ZOS is shafting loyal customers or discussions over consumer appreciation theory. Even my initial post had my feelings of:
    Gidorick wrote:
    To give us less than (1500 Crown per month) that suggests that the time we've spent in ESO is worth LESS than future subscriptions.

And I 100% agree that 1500 Crown is TOO MUCH... but I was making that statement to make the point dramatically. I edited the post later to include that...
    Gidorick wrote:

So while I agree that many of our reasons for feeling the way we do is mired in emotion and "hurt feelings" the FACTS cannot be denied.

Those that feel that ZOS' "thanks" is inadequate agree... those that feel adequately thanked are free to disagree.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 2, 2015 1:03AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you still don't get it, do you?

It's not about how it will work, it's about how they've treated their customers (holding back content to be sold as DLCs instead of releasing them, then giving less than one month worth of Crowns as compensation)

And LOL at nothing changing if you want to be ESO Plus member.

I can guarantee you that you'll be forced to buy XP Boosters & what not on top of your subscription, if you want to stand a chance against the CP heroes.

Feel free to roll out that "irrefutable" evidence of DLC being held back whenever you have the time.

And nothing changes for ESO Plus members except that they get the boosts and extra Crowns. If you want to claim that something will change, please come back with more than vague conjectures about what someone will do to "stand a chance" against some fictional group of players. The exact same thing would be true under the current payment model.
    ----
    Murray?
  • DrOrpheus
    DrOrpheus
    ✭✭
    We are not owed the same amount of crowns as people will be getting per month going forward, but it does feel like they could be a little more giving per previous month of sub fees. But seeing as how they haven't changed their choice, i doubt anything will change at this point with 1.6 coming this week. I'd love to be wrong but oh well.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrOrpheus wrote: »
    We are not owed the same amount of crowns as people will be getting per month going forward, but it does feel like they could be a little more giving per previous month of sub fees. But seeing as how they haven't changed their choice, i doubt anything will change at this point with 1.6 coming this week. I'd love to be wrong but oh well.

well.. the Crown Store wont come until later so there's still time!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• angel59
    angel59
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are a lot more disagrees than the few who have participated. The only option is the agree button. I would venture that many of those agrees are nothing more than please give me free money. I would call it mob mentality.

I have read a lot of this thread and skimmed the rest. If you feel slighted because your gift is not enough, that is your problem, not ZOS. The twisted methodology to justify the self-entitlement is amazing. I paid last year, so I should get the same benefits as those who prepaid for the next year. I am one of those who will get the full complement of crowns for subscribing to ESO since the beginning.

The 100 crowns represents 6.7% of the monthly crown allotment under TU. I find that a reasonable gift. The argument that we "paid" for unrelased dlc is not justification for demanding more crowns. No one, except the suits, knows how much money was spent and how much was received. How much of the subscripton was used to pay back operating loans that were required to pay all the costs before the game was released? None of us knows. But money had to be paid.

My subscription fee was used for all ZOS operations. My fee gave me access to the servers. Nothing more. I am one of those who disagree with OP. Too bad there is no eay to vote it.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angel59 wrote: »
    I think there are a lot more disagrees than the few who have participated. The only option is the agree button. I would venture that many of those agrees are nothing more than please give me free money. I would call it mob mentality.

I have read a lot of this thread and skimmed the rest. If you feel slighted because your gift is not enough, that is your problem, not ZOS. The twisted methodology to justify the self-entitlement is amazing. I paid last year, so I should get the same benefits as those who prepaid for the next year. I am one of those who will get the full complement of crowns for subscribing to ESO since the beginning.

The 100 crowns represents 6.7% of the monthly crown allotment under TU. I find that a reasonable gift. The argument that we "paid" for unrelased dlc is not justification for demanding more crowns. No one, except the suits, knows how much money was spent and how much was received. How much of the subscripton was used to pay back operating loans that were required to pay all the costs before the game was released? None of us knows. But money had to be paid.

My subscription fee was used for all ZOS operations. My fee gave me access to the servers. Nothing more. I am one of those who disagree with OP. Too bad there is no eay to vote it.

Like I said, I think the lack of a disagree button actually hurts my argument. The fact is, we only have the agrees to quickly gauge how the community feels, and 220+ agrees is a good portion of the community. It's more agrees than any Senche mount thread or Mask of Cheerful Slaughter thread received complaining that they wouldn't receive it due to vacation / cat ate the bill / credit card became sentient and canceled itself.

They felt slighted by not getting those loyalty rewards... and ZOS changed their policy to accommodate those customers.

This is why the number of agrees are important, in comparison to the threads that actually effected change, this thread has a much greater volume of community support. It doesn't matter if you think that support is mob mentality or greed or whatever. Your dismissal of those agrees doesn't make the fact that they are there any less pertinent to the point being made.

It's nice that you feel the 100C is adequate. I honestly wish I could feel the same way. I'm sure many of us do. I am amongst those that have been with ESO from Beta. I have been subscribed with two 6 month subscriptions. I am actually going to get more crowns than I need when ESO:TU goes live... so for me it truly isn't about the crowns, it's about the message those crowns sends... and that message seems pretty insulting to some of us.

The simple fact that we feel insulted should be ZOS' problem because we are (currently) paying customers and ZOS should strive to satisfy their customers.

All that being said, thanks for disagreeing with us without resorting to calling us ungrateful, greedy, selfish, petulant, or whiny. Much of the contention in this thread has been because of these types of words firing up emotions.. which were already high from the feeling of being insulted.
    Edited by Gidorick on March 2, 2015 2:26AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

This discussion has been closed.