Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VICTORY] The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014 - THE FINAL BATTLE - ESO vs. Lord of the Rings Online

• Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B11zzard wrote: »
    original.jpg

Please make a youtube video of you playing the game and it looking like that... I call [snip]. The graphics are good but not amazing even at the highest settings. Rocks look like plastic and water effects are 10 years behind.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:49PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    original.jpg

Please make a youtube video of you playing the game and it looking like that... I call [snip]. The graphics are good but not amazing even at the highest settings. Rocks look like plastic and water effects are 10 years behind.

See if you followed my post's you'd know that's not possible as I cancelled all my subs about 2 months ago in protest of having to have to do silver and gold which my ES char would take an arrow to the knee before he would help those other races....

.....well I suppose I could update all the patches just to play since they have a couple months before they are done....but I can't really be bothered. I know what the game looks like on my lappy and I was extremely happy with it.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:50PM
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And imagine if they properly rendered distant landscape. The ever present mist in the distance is pretty awful.
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Just look at steam community screeshots.

And this is from my own collection

b2848142d5be7f0ac5d9549afdfea0db.png
    dacb4809786659679ebba81b34302550.png
    163c30f948ef48b1f768cd85e514c608.png

Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Videos of game play with this look? If you can get this look with game play I would be willing to hire you to make my companies graphic design computers.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    original.jpg

Please make a youtube video of you playing the game and it looking like that... I call [snip].

That's what my game normally looks like. And no, i am not going to make a video just to prove it, sorry.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 24, 2023 6:52PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Videos of game play with this look? If you can get this look with game play I would be willing to hire you to make my companies graphic design computers.

Are you new to gaming or something? There not that hard you know, lots of games now have stunning graphics.....I think it's time you upgraded your operating system from Windows XP ;P
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »

Are you new to gaming or something? There not that hard you know, lots of games now have stunning graphics.....I think it's time you upgraded your operating system from Windows XP ;P

Its weird that all the people on youtube cant get that graphic quality, or twitch users or people with 4k graphics. Or gaming computers with dual SLI... but your right I know nothing about "stunning graphics" and really need to get away from windows XP.

ALSO lots of games have stunning graphics but ESO is not one of them...
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »

Its weird that all the people on youtube cant get that graphic quality, or twitch users or people with 4k graphics. Or gaming computers with dual SLI... but your right I know nothing about "stunning graphics" and really need to get away from windows XP.

ALSO lots of games have stunning graphics but ESO is not one of them...

Uploading a video to Youtube downgrades the quality of it a lot, that's why I'd never go to youtube to get accurate picture of a game's graphics.
    Edited by DDuke on December 30, 2014 8:39PM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k graphics at the moment is about as useful as Blue Ray would have been in the 80's.
    What you play and what the program can cope with to record are different things. Like watching a HD film on a normal TV...or vice versa for that matter.
    Your talking apples and oranges. Like what was suggested, go look for yourself on google, try "stunning games graphics" and look at the images....
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture4.JPG

Mine looks pretty good

is that lighting on the front of your armor from the sun or the flash of your camera? The smoke from the lava is not even coming from the lava there is a line. and why is it foggy in the distance?

Star Citizen has great graphics with game play. These one off screenshots prove that ESO is about the same quality as LOTRO from 7 years ago. That is a shame when they could have done much more.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -snip-

then I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say. . .go play one of those then, we wont try and stop you promise <3
    Edited by Wing on December 30, 2014 8:46PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    -snip-

then I think I speak for a lot of folks here when I say. . .go play one of those then, we wont try and stop you promise <3

This post is LOTRO vs ESO, LOTRO has better lore (hands down) and equal graphics other than that the games are almost identical hence why LOTRO gets my vote (the topic of this post). You can complain that ESO has the best graphics ever, but its been seen before on LOTRO and in my opinion LOTRO has better water effects and mirror effects in the great halls.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Capture4.JPG

Mine looks pretty good

is that lighting on the front of your armor from the sun or the flash of your camera? The smoke from the lava is not even coming from the lava there is a line. and why is it foggy in the distance?

Star Citizen has great graphics with game play. These one off screenshots prove that ESO is about the same quality as LOTRO from 7 years ago. That is a shame when they could have done much more.

There is lava in front of me which is where the light is also coming from so its coming from 2 different directions. The smoke is actually coming from where the lava hits the water which would create the most amount of smoke. Its foggy because of the smoke.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -snip-

sounds like an opinion to me.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture4.JPG

Mine looks pretty good

There is lava in front of me which is where the light is also coming from so its coming from 2 different directions. The smoke is actually coming from where the lava hits the water which would create the most amount of smoke. Its foggy because of the smoke.

lol you are trying hard I will give you a insightful vote.
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    Edited by B11zzard on December 30, 2014 8:58PM
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Capture4.JPG

Mine looks pretty good

Its not trying I told you exactly whats going on in the pic. You can even see the smoke coming from where the lava hits the water in the second pic. as well as where I was standing and how there is lava in front of where my character was. For knowing so much about graphics you really aren't showing that you know anything at all. I too will give you an insightful.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on January 1, 2015 7:26PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, actually made an account and voted. Go ESO go!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture4.JPG

Mine looks pretty good

Its not trying I told you exactly whats going on in the pic. You can even see the smoke coming from where the lava hits the water in the second pic. as well as where I was standing and how there is lava in front of where my character was. For knowing so much about graphics you really aren't showing that you know anything at all. I too will give you an insightful.

The lava in front of you would not give off a 5,000K color temperature.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on January 1, 2015 7:27PM
  • TaffyIX
    TaffyIX
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Mortuum wrote: »
    ESO and TSW, they deserved it after semi-finals, and its not bad game after all. Sadly, trolls and idiots are already active in the comments...

TalulaRose writes:
    My vote for Lotro is a vote against ESO.

Made me laugh really. Sounds like another internet warrior on a mission to change the world :D

LOTRO is an older version of ESO... Lore is the only major difference and LOTR wins the lore battle. Graphics may even be better...

Agree on the lore, but LoTRO graphics better?? Uuuhhh...

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same

How about posting a pic of Edoras from the Main gate...
    and set your ESO graphics to more than low badboy.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on January 1, 2015 7:30PM
    Breton Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    EU Megaserver
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah see the graphics are on par with other MMOs in these videos.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DDuke wrote: »
    Uploading a video to Youtube downgrades the quality of it a lot, that's why I'd never go to youtube to get accurate picture of a game's graphics.

Source: anyone who has ever uploaded a video to youtube.

Can you find us a LOTRO video on youtube with better graphics, please?

I could bash ESO on many, many things, but graphics isn't one of them.
    Edited by DDuke on December 30, 2014 9:09PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone with any experience knows YouTube severely processes your videos
    when you upload them.
    Not to mention a video usually doesn't have the resolution of a single frame
    high resolution screen shot, unless you want mult-gigabyte size files.

Neither games graphics look as good in a YouTube vid.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could bash ESO on many, many things, but graphics aren't one of them.

I think its funny now that so many of you are fighting for ESO based on graphics, but I understand now that this is the only thing that ESO has over LOTRO. When ESO brings its true HQ graphics out you will all understand how underachieving these graphics are.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread went to the Loo while I was away... :smile:

Elder Scrolls Online
    59.1%

Lord of the Rings Online
    40.9%

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TaffyIX
    TaffyIX
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread went to the Loo while I was away... :smile:

Elder Scrolls Online
    59.1%

Lord of the Rings Online
    40.9%

Hehe, just passing time boss.

Breton Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    EU Megaserver
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its funny now that so many of you are fighting for ESO based on graphics, but I understand now that this is the only thing that ESO has over LOTRO. When ESO brings its true HQ graphics out you will all understand how underachieving these graphics are.

I don't think they are fighting for ESO based on graphics, just countering your opinion that LotRO had comparable graphics (an opinion I don't agree with either).

I'd say you're correct with regards to my preference for Arda lore compared to TES lore, though I'd say the best lore created by Tolkien isn't even displayed in LotRO because it takes place in the 3rd age, not to mention the way our characters in LotRO are hamfisted in to "meaningful" moments with the fellowship.

As for game merit, I don't think you can make lore and graphics the two deciding factors. I've voted for ESO because that's where I chose to be when I play MMOs - even though I would argue that the SoA era is the most fun I've played in an MMO besides probably raiding Sky to the CoP expansion for FF XI.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

I don't think they are fighting for ESO based on graphics, just countering your opinion that LotRO had comparable graphics (an opinion I don't agree with either).

I'd say you're correct with regards to my preference for Arda lore compared to TES lore, though I'd say the best lore created by Tolkien isn't even displayed in LotRO because it takes place in the 3rd age, not to mention the way our characters in LotRO are hamfisted in to "meaningful" moments with the fellowship.

As for game merit, I don't think you can make lore and graphics the two deciding factors. I've voted for ESO because that's where I chose to be when I play MMOs - even though I would argue that the SoA era is the most fun I've played in an MMO besides probably raiding Sky to the CoP expansion for FF XI.

Well I would hope you are playing a current MMO and not one that is 7 years old ;)... This ESO win in the final will have an * anyway after the last round and getting into the final vs a MMO 7 years old unless it wins by a 30% margin.

I agree that the hamfisted LorRO to get characters into the game, but no less then how ESO is using the ES lore which is happening because BOTH games are all about making mass amounts of money and using their lore to sell games.