The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to " we will track your exp earned " ????( Gina Bruno answered this 12/28/2014)

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Sindala wrote: »
    *shakes head* well done Gina, you just lost half the playerbase with that post. A few more days and they would have moved onto the next crisis...

7% is not half :p

Tomatoes tomatoes, 7% is still half of 14% and I bet that's close to the amount of people actually still actively playing ESO ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shakes head* well done Gina, you just lost half the playerbase with that post. A few more days and they would have moved onto the next crisis...

And will gain twice as many for making a fair transition that's not alienating anyone wishing to return or giving the game another go ;)

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    dharbert wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

As I understand it 1.6 will also not remove the VR system so there will still be players from VR1 to VR14 and presumably, continuing to progress from VR1-VR14.

So... whenever you actually do remove the VR system in 1.7 or 1.8 and everyone becomes a level 50 with however many CPs they have managed to earn at that point, to be clear, are you saying there will be no adjustment or compensation at that point when VR14s are all nerfed down to VR1?

Enough with the speculation about 1.7 or 1.8

Update 1.6 isn't even here yet, and all is subject to change. Instead of asking a million questions that aren't going to get answered, or starting yet another thread, just let them post an official answer like she did in this thread. When they have information about future updates, they will post them. No need for rampant speculation.

Forget I called it 1.7 or 1.8, call it fluffy if you want. But what I and many others want to know is how the VR system gets removed and if all of a sudden a VR14 who has been subbed for 10 months, be no more powerful than someone who is a brand new VR1.

That is the real underlying question under all of this "you lied to us" melodrama - and it's a legitimate one. Are those who achieved the most going to have their extra achievements wiped out?

I gather you're OK with this... is it happening to you?

I agree with you. It is a legitimate concern. My point was that there is no use in asking these questions right now. They don't have any answers for us about what they intend after the 1.6 update. And even if they did give us an answer right now, it's subject to change later, as we all know.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    all the quests i completed cannot be repeated. therefore i cannot gain any new champion points on my v14 character. because i completed ALL of the silver and gold quests in all 3 alliances.

^This

Those who've done this are absolutely screwed. This system simply ends up punishing (for no reason) those who have put a lot of time into the game without prior knowledge that their progress wasn't being tracked for compensation during future changes which are directly related to said progress.

I find this absolutely ridiculous and a flaw in strategy, ZoS, PLEASE think this over. You could have just adjusted the CP cap to get the desired effect of not putting vr1s and vr14s too far apart. Not awarding anything extra for all the extra time put in by so many players, and all those quests that can't be redone, that's just a slap in the face to most vr14s out there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an elder scrolls and an mmo geek, so I will continue playing, I just think this move is a mistake. But hell, calling out other mistakes hasn't quite done anything in the past, has it? :P
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and put this to rest. What Kai said a few days ago is correct. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, once Update 6 is released and you have at least one Veteran Rank character, all your characters will receive 30 Champion Points - no more, no less. This will only occur at the onset of Update 6; after this is released, you will gain Champion Points one at a time as designed.

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

Thank you for finally addressing this issue head-on.

I was hoping you would be more understanding of players concerned about how they're going to earn CP on their high level characters when they exhausted most quests by following official information to the effect that all xp would be tracked.

Players who focus exclusively or mostly on PvP (not my case) are particularly distressed given how slow it was already to level up a character by doing PvP. If CP gain isn't balanced for PvE and PvP activities, they will once again be thrown under the bus, which only adds to all the problems currently affecting PvP.

At least the rules are clear now. Please please take this opportunity to learn from the experience and avoid the same situation in the future.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I'm an elder scrolls and an mmo geek, so I will continue playing, [/quote]

And this is the reason they can / will do it again and again.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, as someone not following all the ESO Live content and Q&A sessions, I'm a little confused. Anyone who is at least VR 1 gets 30 CPs. Are characters still going to be veteran rank, or will the level cap be increased from 50? Am I shooting myself in the foot trying to push through the VR content? I'm nearly to Cadwell's Gold. What will a character gain in CP if they aren't a VR yet, 1 CP at a time?
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    So, as someone not following all the ESO Live content and Q&A sessions, I'm a little confused. Anyone who is at least VR 1 gets 30 CPs. Are characters still going to be veteran rank, or will the level cap be increased from 50? Am I shooting myself in the foot trying to push through the VR content? I'm nearly to Cadwell's Gold. What will a character gain in CP if they aren't a VR yet, 1 CP at a time?

It would be easier to just say.. "here's the KY jelly, lube up good cos this is gonna hurt". ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    So basically it's take it or leave it. No middle ground, just get hell out of here if you aren't happy with changes.

After reading this post I opened subscription management for second time... I can't decide unsub now or wait and hope that something changes or there will be awesome patch notes until january 6, when I'll be billed...

And NO, you can't have my stuff! :)

Gina is on the community staff and really has no decision making powers in how the game is implemented or run. Kai and Gina may be able to pass along messages from the developers in notes like these, and they certainly pass information from us to the developers, but the only hammer they wield is used to moderate the people who aim to misbehave in the forum.

So, when you say that this is take it or leave it and that there is no middle ground, you have to understand all of that. The statements from Gina sound absolute because that is what she can pass along.

Now, I am wrong about what ZOS is going to do more often than I can count, but the one thing that I am absolutely right about is that they do actually pass what is said in here up the line and sometimes that makes a difference in how things get done.

Beyond any shadow of a doubt, Jessica or Gina, or one of their minions :smile: , has collected statements, opinions, suggestions, criticisms, and complaints about this from the forum and forwarded it on to developers in the "reports" that they frequently do.

Whether it makes any difference is beyond speculation. I am holding out on one of two things. The feedback will cause them to change their mind, in one form or another. The feedback is irrelevant because there is more going on here than initial Champion Points and we just can't see it.

@Lettigall, I wish you luck. January 6 is tight for a company like Zenimax. I would be surprised of they put Update 6 on PTS before the week of the 12th. Naturally, we will not get patch notes to preview before it is put on PTS.

I honestly think that it is too soon to know what they are going to do You can unsub and let your time run out, but I would definitely keep an eye on Update 6 and Update 7 before you uninstall the game.

My gut instinct ("I am wrong about what ZOS is going to do more often than I can count") is that while not everyone will be thrilled, it is not exactly going to go down like people claim it will.
    It will be interesting to see how this rolls out. It will either turn into a non-event, we simply don't have the big picture, or it will be heralded for years to come as a blunder to avoid by MMOs in the future.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few months ago, it was said that we were tracking XP. However, this was still early in development and through internal testing and feedback, found that we needed to change our plans (and, honestly, this quite normal through the course of development). We understand that this was, indeed, a major change from what we were originally planning. In an effort to be open with everyone about how things were going and what was planned, it caused a great deal of confusion, and we sincerely apologize for that.

As it has been said a number of times, we certainly encourage you to hop on the PTS once this is available in January and try out the system. This is also a great chance to plan how you'd like to build your character once it's live!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, and we'll see you in the new year. :)

Holy [SNIP!!!!] Gina you know all this raging was caused by the legendary lack of comunication by ZOS himself (assuming it has a face; btw who is Sistem ? is quite creepy especially the forum image.....)

Now i do understand that tell us that the devs has changed their plans in early november when the 6° month subscriptions ended was a bad idea but cmon i'm pretty shure that the devs culd come up with something better!

Happy holidays even to you!
    Edited by Tonnopesce on December 28, 2014 5:32PM
    Signature

• EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...have you not read any of the other 5000 posts on this issue in the last 10 days?? They said they are STILL tracking XP upto VR14 but you wont get those converted XP to CP points until they remove the VR system.....which will happen after 1.6 thus they are giving everyone at VR1 and above 30 CP points to 'have a play around' with the system and make sure it works before they go ahead and make everything unbalanced again. :p

Sometimes I feel like a stuck record.....lol

Can we stop now with the posts making false assumptions that vet players will somehow be compensated after 1.6? It's obvious that ZOS doesn't value (in the slightest) the players who have sunk the most time into their game and would so readily wipe out their progress for no apparent reason.

Now that we have additional clarity on this matter I would love to hear what ZOS expects vet level players to do for the next month in their game? If you are playing your vet character right now you are just wasting your time and XP because all your progress is being wiped out. Guess it's time to try out Marvel Heroes or something as this game is literally a waste of time.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Wow...have you not read any of the other 5000 posts on this issue in the last 10 days?? They said they are STILL tracking XP upto VR14 but you wont get those converted XP to CP points until they remove the VR system.....which will happen after 1.6 thus they are giving everyone at VR1 and above 30 CP points to 'have a play around' with the system and make sure it works before they go ahead and make everything unbalanced again. :p

Sometimes I feel like a stuck record.....lol

Can we stop now with the posts making false assumptions that vet players will somehow be compensated after 1.6? It's obvious that ZOS doesn't value (in the slightest) the players who have sunk the most time into their game and would so readily wipe out their progress for no apparent reason.

Now that we have additional clarity on this matter I would love to hear what ZOS expects vet level players to do for the next month in their game? If you are playing your vet character right now you are just wasting your time and XP because all your progress is being wiped out. Guess it's time to try out Marvel Heroes or something as this game is literally a waste of time.

lol, I was trying to give them a break but somebody had to 'pop in' and stir it all up again....I give up now they can take all the slack thrown at them, they proved again that they really don't give a s*** about the playerbase.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be easier to just say.. "here's the KY jelly, lube up good cos this is gonna hurt". ;)

Well, no. I don't think of it that way. But my questions are serious ones. If I'm wasting my time in VR zones, I'd rather play when this is all sorted out. I'm just a casual player, I do maybe 3 to 5 hours a week.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, no. I don't think of it that way. But my questions are serious ones. If I'm wasting my time in VR zones, I'd rather play when this is all sorted out. I'm just a casual player, I do maybe 3 to 5 hours a week.

Basically yeah, if your playing into your VR levels now then you are taking away a good source of earning CP's later. Once you've done Cadwells silver and gold then the only ways (so far) to get XP are things like delves/PVP/dungeons ect.
    ie, the harder ways that require grouping up.
    Time to do like most others already have and dust ball the VR chars for a few months.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how this rolls out. It will either turn into a non-event, we simply don't have the big picture, or it will be heralded for years to come as a blunder to avoid by MMOs in the future.

It could also be heralded as the patch that got rid of all the elitist self important players, thereby vastly improving the community and saving the game.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It could also be heralded as the patch that got rid of all the elitist self important players, thereby vastly improving the community and saving the game.

Yeah, I'm really "elitist". I have all self-crafted gear. I have never done DSA and done 12 man trials once (couldn't even kill the last boss - so elite!). I have an AP rank of like 5 (look out for me! I'm elite!).

Quit generalizing about other players. Every play style that is not exploiting is a VALID gameplay style so enough with the belittling comments that imply people who consumed the content of the game are somehow invalid and not entitled to the reward they get from it LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There goes half the player base.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

I know that community managers aren't responsible for changes in game, they are a "bridge" between players and developers. I simply commented on statement from ZOS, which was posted by Gina!

I'm 1 char guy(tried to level alts but it's not for me), I leveled through questing, I have almost all quests except Craglorn, every dungeon, dolmen, world boss killed and all for nothing...

I simply don't have motivation to invest time in my char and I'm not in the mood make alts to be competitive...

Edited by Lettigall on December 28, 2014 6:07PM
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically yeah, if your playing into your VR levels now then you are taking away a good source of earning CP's later. Once you've done Cadwells silver and gold then the only ways (so far) to get XP are things like delves/PVP/dungeons ect.
    Time to do like most others already have and dust ball the VR chars for a few months.

And how many CPs will you gain per 1mil exp (the current amount needed per VR)?
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm really "elitist". I have all self-crafted gear. I have never done DSA and done 12 man trials once (couldn't even kill the last boss - so elite!). I have an AP rank of like 5 (look out for me! I'm elite!).

Quit generalizing about other players. Every play style that is not exploiting is a VALID gameplay style so enough with the belittling comments that imply people who consumed the content of the game are somehow invalid and not entitled to the reward they get from it LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?

Firstly I did not in anyway say who was elitist, no idea why you assumed I meant you.

Also anyone who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the future health of the game, so they are very much self important people.
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if it wasn't clear enough before, it's crystal clear now. I am not going to continue to invest time and money into a game that removes hundreds of hours of character progression on a whim.

I am going to provide similar feedback to ZoS in game and have cancelled my subscription. I also am not spending any more time in this forum as ZoS obviously doesn't listen. Good luck to you.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR14 people will still have whatever gear they have now. So they will be more powerful than a new VR1. Also, aren't these new points (by the way, we don't really know what these points do yet, do we?) account wide? So if you roll an alt, your max-level character will still get them.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Firstly I did not in anyway say who was elitist, no idea why you assumed I meant you.

Also anyone who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the future health of the game, so they are very much self important people.

You did mean me because you generalize that anyone who isn't in favor of ZOS is somehow an "elitist". Again, you generalize that "anyone" who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the health of the game. That is utter BS. This is about fairness. I have 2 V14 characters. I'm against this change even though there are plenty of people with more veteran characters than me so that will put me at a disadvantage personally but I don't care because they earned those levels and deserve some compensation.

There is nothing they have stated that explains the need to flatten vet levels with no compensation. NOTHING. It doesn't make the system more fair. There will still be 40-something characters that get no points and V1 characters that get 30 while 4 V14 characters get the same 30 CP. That isn't proportional or fair. How is it unfair to apply the initial CP on a slightly larger range up to 100 CP or something based on the EXISTING progression system? People will still grind or figure out ways to earn CP fast and slow players will still earn CP slowly so the player gap will remain. The only thing this does is punish players who consumed more content.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?

You could look at it another way. You got to experience rewards that no one will get to experience after VR is removed. For many of us, there is no way we will have a VR14 by the time the changes are complete.

In other words, be grateful for what you have gotten up til now, rather than bitter over what you *might* not get tomorrow.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    If you do the content later and get rewarded for it WTF shouldn't I get the same reward if I completed it before you and I can't complete it again?

You could look at it another way. You got to experience rewards that no one will get to experience after VR is removed. For many of us, there is no way we will have a VR14 by the time the changes are complete.

In other words, be grateful for what you have gotten up til now, rather than bitter over what you *might* not get tomorrow.

Good lord are you being serious right now?
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You did mean me because you generalize that anyone who isn't in favor of ZOS is somehow an "elitist". Again, you generalize that "anyone" who quits over this puts their own personal progress before the health of the game. That is utter BS. This is about fairness. I have 2 V14 characters. I'm against this change even though there are plenty of people with more veteran characters than me so that will put me at a disadvantage personally but I don't care because they earned those levels and deserve some compensation.

There is nothing they have stated that explains the need to flatten vet levels with no compensation. NOTHING. It doesn't make the system more fair. There will still be 40-something characters that get no points and V1 characters that get 30 while 4 V14 characters get the same 30 CP. That isn't proportional or fair. How is it unfair to apply the initial CP on a slightly larger range up to 100 CP or something based on the EXISTING progression system? People will still grind or figure out ways to earn CP fast and slow players will still earn CP slowly so the player gap will remain. The only thing this does is punish players who consumed more content.

I loose out on this massivly, I have 3 VR characters, I have done Cadwells gold twice. I think it is unfair, but and here's the thing, I can accept it if ZOS sees it as for the future health of the game. For anyone that quits due to it, they do see thier own progress as more important than the health of the game. Those people are self important, no two ways about it.
    Edited by Guppet on December 28, 2014 6:32PM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And how many CPs will you gain per 1mil exp (the current amount needed per VR)?

Zero, your given 30CP to start with wether your VR 1 or VR 14. How many will be gained is still unclear but they will be earned by collecting XP so if you do the best source of XP gathering (for a casual player) before then you'll miss out later.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all the quests i completed cannot be repeated. therefore i cannot gain any new champion points on my v14 character. because i completed ALL of the silver and gold quests in all 3 alliances.

Points are account wide. Doing them on an alt gives you points on your main. Rinse and repeat.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

Points are account wide. Doing them on an alt gives you points on your main. Rinse and repeat.

Incorrect, points are earned from your highest char and spread thru your account.....or so I read it anyway and you also don't start earning any CP's until your VR1.

.....but why for the love of god would you want to put yourself through silver and gold more than once??? lol
    Edited by Sindala on December 28, 2014 6:39PM
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loose out on this massivly, I have 3 VR characters, I have done Cadwells gold twice. I think it is unfair, but and here's the thing, I can accept it if ZOS sees it as for the future health of the game. For anyone that quits due to it, they do see thier own progress as more important than the health of the game. Those people are self important, no two ways about it.

If having too many CP compared to other players is unhealthy to the game, then they are going about it the wrong way.

Some people who play all day every day will find a way to grind CP quickly and get ahead of everyone else.

I haven't heard a valid reason so far why it would be unhealthy for the game if I got CP according to the time and effort I put into the game.

As it stands, the champion system is a reset back to lvl 50, making every bit of XP earned afterwards useless or even a disadvantage.
    Edited by Kaliki on December 28, 2014 6:39PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -