Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Call to Haderus!

• Wyndfoot
    Wyndfoot
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people are claiming we night capped Haderus, we had about 12 EP last night and we had to fight thru each DC keep against 10ish of them including Ariana and their newly crowned emperor. We didn't just PvDoor our way through, it was a pretty equal fight getting Benom crowned.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyndfoot wrote: »
    I don't know why people are claiming we night capped

Its not night capping if you're Australian!
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Ithilwenn wrote: »
    @JTorus:

"Here's the thing. You and that 'unnamed person' share a difference of opinions. That's fine. But your crew displays no tact, and zero respect for his, and I'm sure it's returned. But you don't show any respect yourself, and that's not right. I get it you got to be emp, good for you, but as the NPC says... 'Anyone gets to be emperor....". But emperorship isn't an award for leadership, it's a title for accumulation. You want to display leadership? Acquiesce, make peace. Put his training crew to use. Rather than disregard his function, utilize it to your benefit.

The strength of being a true leader isn't that you always get your way. Think of it like a chess board. No matter how much you want that bishop to move, it's still got to get there diagonally".

I will say this, the unamed person, and the people he lead...I get what he is trying to do. I don't take that from him. That person is trying to train and lead ad and make them fight better. That is fine and perfectly commendable. However, when that person knows that the last inner keep is being taken or that we are outnumbered and need help defending and they are somewhere else and refuse to help, that I have a problem with. There are periods of downtime when we arent fighting both factions and there are still keeps to take...train them then. Its a timing issue and nothing more.

Why? it doesn't matter if you lose emperor for a few hours until your people take it back at 4 am, except for your pride.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaerlach, if you have to ask that then perhaps you should go read your Musashi and Sun Tzu some more.

Specifically the parts regarding objectives, and obtaining them.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Jaerlach, if you have to ask that then perhaps you should go read your Musashi and Sun Tzu some more.

Read it plenty, but any individual keep fight is pretty much meaningless on Haderus, and getting mad at people for failing to take part in something with literally no meaningful effect on either the campaign results or the state of the campaign 12 hours later, for that matter, is silly.

Helping people get better is a lot better for your faction than defending an Emperorship you will quite inevitably regain.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaerlach wrote: »

Read it plenty, but any individual keep fight is pretty much meaningless on Haderus, and getting mad at people for failing to take part in something with literally no meaningful effect on either the campaign results or the state of the campaign 12 hours later, for that matter, is silly.

Helping people get better is a lot better for your faction than defending an Emperorship you will quite inevitably regain.

The glorious Haderus cycle.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that times are a changing, and as the reds and blues grow more active that window to assuredly 'win' the campaign becomes far narrower. And since one PVPs to 'win' you can't really whinge to much if some of the folks involve take a very strategic view and attempt to do so to the best of our combine abilities.

AS such Telel is on the fence in regards to leading newbs off to take on 'training wheels' style objective. Khajiit does it with their own pups , and sees great wisdom in the matter.

Conversely. ignoring vital objectives such as keeping the emperor in place, or defnding scrolls seems to be a bad idea even in the eye's of one who freely admits to being of lesser importance than many others whom so joyfully rush forth to die long long before khajiit does.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭

Why? it doesn't matter if you lose emperor for a few hours until your people take it back at 4 am, except for your pride.

My pride isn't damaged when the map is all red, or all blue. In fact, I'm the guy that likes to be the underdog.

I don't care about the buffs. They're nice when I have them, but my build doesn't rely on them. In fact, I don't think such thing as a 'buff server' should even exist.

I don't care who gets to be emperor, I don't care which faction is in control, and I am glad to see red and blue here on Had. I don't want them to go anywhere.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JTorus wrote: »

My pride isn't damaged when the map is all red, or all blue. In fact, I'm the guy that likes to be the underdog.

I don't care about the buffs. They're nice when I have them, but my build doesn't rely on them. In fact, I don't think such thing as a 'buff server' should even exist.

I don't care who gets to be emperor, I don't care which faction is in control, and I am glad to see red and blue here on Had. I don't want them to go anywhere.

good.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok let's see how it goes then....all buff servers gone then challenge accepted.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And my PvE builds walks all over yours. Thanks for your time though
  • Samwell Slayer
    Samwell Slayer
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people are claiming we night capped Haderus, we had about 12 EP last night and we had to fight thru each DC keep against 10ish of them including Ariana and their newly crowned emperor. We didn't just PvDoor our way through, it was a pretty equal fight getting Benom crowned.

The DC emp had gone to bed before anything serious had been taken by EP. (EP had Chalman when he went to bed).

PC/Mac NA server. Cast, in order of appearance (got one of everything):

Samwell Slayer Stam NB AD Stormproof
    Samantha Tarly Stam Sorc DC FC
    The Sawmell Tarly Tank DK EP Stormproof
    Tamwell Sarly Mgk Temp AD FC
    Covenant Blues Mgk DK EP Stormproof
    Samwell Tardy Mgk Sorc AD FC
    Stam Tarly Stam Temp AD Stormproof
    Samwelf Tarly Mgk NB DC FC
    Stamwell Tarly Stam DK DC FC
    Maester Samwell Heal Temp DC
    Samara Tarly Tank NB EP
    Sam Mfing Tarly Mule Sorc EP
    Warden of HTarly. Mgk. Ward AD FC
    Lord Tarly Stam Ward. DC. Still lowbie
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm this, however the last two-ish keeps you guys took only had 3 DC on including Ariana... So you kind of did Pvdoor them :(
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet cuppin' cakes I missed alot of action. Work and other constraints on time have been wrecking me even with the holiday blitz over (breaking down 3x frozen pallets=not fun). I do like that there's more action going on, but the thing is this is the sort of action that should've been going on from the getgo. There should still be 10x servers packed to the gills with people. I don't want this game to die or go f2p. This game deserves so much more and has the capacity to be more. 1.6 has to rock the socks off of everything in MMO history and bring people back in droves until the current servers explode from overflow. For all the flaws and brokenness that devs refuse to give the Barney Fife treatment, I've been investing alot more time into ESO in the few months I've been playing than I have in the past 3 years of WoW. WoW does not deserve its high horse anymore.

I do support the constant ebb and flow of action going on, because for all the alleged 'evils' of 'nightcapping', I've been in TS long enough to know that I'm not playing with just people from Oregon or Tennessee, but people from New Zealand, UK, Brazil, even that weirdo Skyrim-esque region up north. If anything there should be MORE people from those regions playing the game to give a sort of balance for those oddball periods.

What I don't support or condone is the fact that despite having the season 1 campaigns including the 'special star sticker' campaign Celarus utterly ruined by the glut of selfish, conceited, short-sighted emp farmers, this practice still continues today. Despite the fact that much of those who were in such a rush to get it for themselves and their guilds at the expense of proper pvp balance have more than likely quit the game in droves, this is still a thing even though it is known how damaging it is to the pvp environment.

It doesn't sit well with me when those of us who have been slogging it out for months, or even transferred a couple weeks back and have been fighting since, to have trouble making headway because there are guilds or individuals with support of large pve guilds to go pulling massive AP farming stunts to ensure they have the highest scores, then whenever the regular crew tries to get action started, they're derided for it. I've seen it happen at times when legitimate moves to take the map are thwarted by our own faction ffs. Instead of supporting the faction to take the map, these guilds will only move their fundios if it's 'convenient' for them.

I sincerely hope 1.6 brings alot of good changes, and I hope even more that 1.7/IC will change the nature of emperorship to define a stellar player. Players like Benom and even Mrkaco pull their weight in battle and support their faction. They do it because it's fun both to support their friends and crush the enemy. I would like to win Had score-wise at some point, but that won't happen if there's such ridiculous infighting and condescension that occurs between guilds/individuals. AD isn't the only faction that suffers from it.

Props to DC for investing more of their time. I would hope you share the opinion that pvp should be competitive and not partake in backroom deals and underhanded agreements that facilitated emperor farming in the original campaigns. I hope your numbers increase across the board in the months to come, but considering that the players I remember from Volendrung season 1 were quite frankly ***, I can tell the DC that remain here are the best the faction has to offer.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel got to make a poke'mon reference during a flag push on Roe this morning

Telel uses Rousing Roar. It's super effective!

Though this one supposes the negates also helped a bit.

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    the AD people don't want to lose their buffs, and they do whatever they deem necessary to get them back, even if it's something as low and despicable as gate camping.

Not all of ad is homed on Haed. I'm personally homed on Thornblade.

Why? Because that's where the PvP is and I could care less about buffs and more about having a good time.

I just wish we could get a little more organized across groups/guilds on the AD side. When we work together we actually do pretty well.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telel uses Rousing Roar. It's super effective!

Vortex uses Flame Thrower. He hurts himself in confusion..

Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Gankimus wonders where the forum for adults is... posturing preening children escaped from the asylum for The Lord of the Flies have overrun here. This one congratulates them all on their momentous virtual accomplishments and great skill of wit and wisdom in besting one another in vacuous competitions of meaningless vitriolic boasting. The adults who have survived this long must surely tremble at the thought of more brave anonymous castigation from the authors of such towering and insightful intellectual enlightenment.

Some days this one wins, some days he loses, some opponents are skillful and honorable, some are skillful and rude, some are learning and some are teaching. There is an ebb and a flow, numbers matter or skill prevails, some days this one has many friends, some days khajiit walks alone. Tomorrow will come and it will pass, words are wind. Victory and defeat, fleeting and fading, character and loyalty, enduring and true. Or so this one believes...
    Edited by Gankimus on January 4, 2015 5:02PM
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to thank our special guest stars this morning.

Apparently there was a certain fixed one helping advice the new folks, and providing much needed spell support, and for this he may have one of Batkhajiit's moon sugar cookies.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    And my PvE builds walks all over yours. Thanks for your time though

We should care why?
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Gankimus wonders where the forum for adults is... posturing preening children escaped from the asylum for The Lord of the Flies have overrun here. This one congratulates them all on their momentous virtual accomplishments and great skill of wit and wisdom in besting one another in vacuous competitions of meaningless vitriolic boasting. The adults who have survived this long must surely tremble at the thought of more brave anonymous castigation from the authors of such towering and insightful intellectual enlightenment.

Some days this one wins, some days he loses, some opponents are skillful and honorable, some are skillful and rude, some are learning and some are teaching. There is an ebb and a flow, numbers matter or skill prevails, some days this one has many friends, some days khajiit walks alone. Tomorrow will come and it will pass, words are wind. Victory and defeat, fleeting and fading, character and loyalty, enduring and true. Or so this one believes...

Telel.... is that you? Or telel groupie
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are khajiit that talk as khajiit but are not always khajiit khajiit.

Does this help?

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit are khajiit that talk as khajiit but are not always khajiit khajiit.

Does this help?

no.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently there was a certain fixed one helping advice the new folks, and providing much needed spell support, and for this he may have one of Batkhajiit's moon sugar cookies.

Yes. This ones group saw the Fixed one showing your AD how to flee before some of my EP guildies at the Alessia Farm. The group decision was not to chase because he knows how to get away well. Too bad he can never have little Kajiit. The accident must have a good story.
    Edited by Darlgon on January 4, 2015 8:34PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Yes. This ones group saw the Fixed one showing your AD how to flee before some of my EP guildies at the Alessia Farm. The group decision was not to chase because he knows how to get away well. Too bad he can never have little Kajiit. The accident must have a good story.

26-0 KDR.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

Telel.... is that you? Or telel groupie

This one is flattered to be mistaken for Telel, even though Telel crashes through the underbrush making noise like snow falling in an empty forest, Telel also is not as handsome as this khajiit but Gank does not judge. Gank has seen Telel in battle and noticed that he too is khajiit thus explaining his accent as it explains Gank's accent. You are very perceptive and to be commended for your prowess at observation.

Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather remove my eyeballs with a Mellon baller than try and read this crap again just to understand any of it.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then Batkhajiit shall give you the usefully annotated versions.

Khajiit are the best, and brightest, and handsomeest. Most other people are very silly, and very jealous of how the khajiit remain so humble and good mannered in that they are not showing off for those who like to wear big signs saying that they are the best.

Also, flappity flaps are annoying.
    Edited by Telel on January 4, 2015 11:02PM

• Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Telel speaks truth. Besides being extremely bright and very handsome, his humility is Gankimus' best quality. This one admits that Telel may be better mannered than he...
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you both get fleas...
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS