Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    Will the developer team ever implement native support for VR HMD devices? If not, then why?
    Options
  • Azculain
    Azculain
    Soul Shriven
    Will Magika expand beyond being merely and elemental skillset? Which is mostly Fire.
    Summoned weapons, Alteration is lacking, illusion is lacking, summons are limited to a few types, no Fire/ice atronachs.
    Staffs are annoyingly limited to resto healing or elemental nukes.
    Options
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After Watching Day 1 of E3, I have several questions for the ESO Dev team:

1) Will ESO take advantage of the cross platform capabilities of Windows 10? or Will I be able to play with my Xbox One friends while playing on the PC?

2) Will ESO be able to utilize the Occulus for PC OR Xbox One?

3) How about Microsoft Hololens? Will I be able to view Tamriel in entirely new perspectives with any of the 2 new technologies?
    Options
  • DrizzitDoUrden
    DrizzitDoUrden
    Soul Shriven
    why isn't there text chat? I really can't believe it, the voice chat is horrible, no one talks, this really needs to be addressed At least as an optional chat box, for grouping, player trading, ect. ect. I know this has to of been discussed before and excuse me for being new but we just finally got our games released on PS4 and I'm guessing XB1 is the same with no text chat too. Please tell me this is coming SOON!
    Options
  • DrizzitDoUrden
    DrizzitDoUrden
    Soul Shriven
    kilo20 wrote: »
    After searching these forums, my understanding was that purchasing a mount (with in game gold, not crowns), was account wide. Character B does not have the mount character A bought on my account.

Is this an error?

Edit: You can acquire them in collections with the second character.

Let me warn you bro, that upgrades bought with gold to your mount are not account wide as I learned the hard way after spending 2000 crowns to upgrade my mounts inventory on my first character which I deleted to start a new one because I was accidently in the wrong Alliance, I lost about 20.USD of crowns in less than a day, no chance of any help just a nice letter that said too bad so sad! So be careful with mount upgrades
    Options
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mount Skill are Per char, Mounts themselves should be account wide.
    Options
  • Nuale
    Nuale
    Any chance of seeing cross faction game play? Or perhaps paid faction changes? I have friends I would really like to play with and because of the large amount of time I have invested in my vr 14 and vr 1 characters (including lots of crafting) I just dont have the time to start all over again!

Please say you have plans for this!
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is since siege can damage you though armor why not through shields ? Why do shields get to absorb 100% of siege damage, this renders siege useless. What is the reasoning behind this ? Heavy armor useless against siege but some cloth wearer stacking shields immune to the damage, I don't get it. Some siege damage should get though we are talking heavy weapons here.

Thanks
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on June 17, 2015 12:03PM
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Provisioning has legendary level recipes (ex. Psijic Ambrosia), will ZOS be adding a 'Legendary Provisioner' achievement to be on par with the other crafting achievements already in the game?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's totally awesome how the team that designed the Redguard heavy armor has given us a groin protector as part of the armor. It says it's a girdle but maybe that must be mislabeled. The option to have a cup on my character does allow him to move freely without worrying about those stubborn beasts attacking where it really hurts!

And it's cool how the cup can actually go through the other armor that in also in the groin area of my character! How did you guys come up with such a magical armor design? I mean granted magic does exist in the game so maybe I can see your reasoning but this had to be intended. A girdle/belt buckle that doesn't even attach to the belt and doubles as a cup that can go through other armor pieces is so cool!

In case you were wondering....That was a lot of sarcasm just now...
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • spyder0416
    spyder0416
    Soul Shriven
    For the ultimate ability consuming darkness, how would allies use the ability slip away?
    Options
  • Woodfin95
    Woodfin95
    ✭✭
    Install a moon dial or something. Forever roaming around looking for a werewolf
    PS4 EU.
    PSN:Woodfin-95
    DC-Hellhounds
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    According to the lore, Nords are suppose to be conquerors and breed the greatest warriors Tamriel has ever seen (i.e. Talos, and Ysgramor). However when you look at their passives in this game; it makes you wonder how they were even capable of smacking the elves back. What kind of changes are you planning to do in order to make them better warriors; such as some kind of a stamina boost or possibly something that increases weapon damage?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would ZOS consider adding a new chat command to quickly list crafting levels to show friends or looking for crafting work?

----

example:

/craft

CRAFT ALC 45 BLK 05 CTH 23 ENC 12 PRV 50 WOD 50
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without reading through all of the other posts my questions are:
    • Would it be possible to have areas that allow friendly dueling between players of the same factions?
    • What's the likelihood of player housing coming into the game within say the next 12 months?
    • Is there room in the game for an expanded trading city with a greater number of guild merchants more readily accessible to lower level players (as opposed to say Rawl for example which has I think 5 merchants and is only accessible later on in the 1-50 journey)?

That's it - cheers!
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When the Dark Brotherhood is released, will there be a dark brotherhood motif that we can acquire or were those just costumes we saw at Quakecon?
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who had the amazing idea to make this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYQLhqooh0E

Was it meant as a joke?
    Wololo.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In The Unforeseen Queen it states that Naemon is Ayrenn's eldest brother. This implies she has at least one more. How many siblings does she have?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just would like an answer about launcher and if there is any talk of finally updating it and make a 20015 version of it? There are so many awesome things you could have on it as in current and future along with date for next patch and so on. Including links to twitch that has been doing an amazing job of advertising the game.

Thank You,

From the old man!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
    Options
  • Magical_Acorns
    So me and my girlfriend started taking turns on this game, we both made separate characters on my one ESO account, now she wants to get her own xbox so we can play with each other. Can we link two xbox gamertags to one ESO account and play at the same time?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So me and my girlfriend started taking turns on this game, we both made separate characters on my one ESO account, now she wants to get her own xbox so we can play with each other. Can we link two xbox gamertags to one ESO account and play at the same time?
    @Magical_Acorns No, each Gamertag must have its own ESOTU account.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • willstyles444
    why were there 7 days refresh on the v and ww bites?
    and why no chatbox in game ?

Options
  • willstyles444
    The lack of a text chat has left us all with no choice but to blow up the forums with stuff that should be handled in game
    Options
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    With so much time to get this game right, why is it still so screwed up? Please explain why there wasn't more thorough alpha and beta testing?
    Livin' the dream...
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that there 'Superb Triune Alteration potion' in the crown store, when can we expect to be able to craft such potion(s) that not only gives you health, stamina and magica but also health, stamina and magica regeneration?

Options
  • Kaynehusky
    Kaynehusky
    ✭✭✭
    This has probably been already asked, but is there any plans to implement in-game voice chat in the PC version, like what's been implemented into the console versions?
    Options
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    I just bought ESOTU last night, created a character. When I entered the tutorial, none of the sound effects for my character or other characters are working. I CANNOT hear any sound effects or the NPC voices. I can only read the dialogue. Their mouths aren't even moving. I've restarted my xbox several times, unplugged it and waited, I've done power cycling, I've done everything put take the game back. Nothing works. It does it in both servers and on any character I create. HELP!!! i've sent in two customer service tickets
    Options
  • TTSCENTURY
    TTSCENTURY
    Soul Shriven
    I can't find the proper place to post my thoughts so I will try this. If this is the wrong place for it I apologize as I am new to forums in general. Please direct me if I am in the wrong. I wanted to make a suggestion for improvement to the console version of the game. It would be awesome if we could have a more customizable controller layout. I love this game so please don't take offense to this, but I hate having jump and search on the same button so I changed to the only option there is to change it to and I hate that one even worse, as jump becomes clicking my right analog stick, sneak becomes switched to pressing down on the d-pad (forcing me to stop moving) and eliminates quick change between a preset 1st and 3rd view. Yes I can still use the zoom feature to do this I know. The other change I would love to see would be, when I shoot my bow from a far position in sneak, it takes me out of sneak and u must press sneak again to take another shot from sneak. Considering I get a bonus to damage while in stealth mode, of course I would like to remain as sneaky as possible. And I do fully understand if I sneak up on someone and stab them in the back, chances are they will be aware of my position, however if I shoot them from up on a roof a block away hidden in the shadows of the night, I would like to think they may not have become aware of my exact location. This really takes away from me feeling like any kind of master assassin, and leaves me feeling more like a clumsy archer cloaked in neon, yelling "hey!, I'm right here dummy!", after every shot I fire. Lol. Anyway, just wanted to voice my opinions. Sorry for drawing that out, just going for a humorous approach as I don't want to come off as an non-appreciative jerk. I love this game and Zenimax and Bethesda have my life long gratitude, respect, and business.
    Options
  • Robbie575
    Robbie575
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    1. When are Shields going to be dyable?
    2. Also can we have metallic style dyes for our weapons, some of the colours we get are off-putting, and we would like to dye them colours we can live with?
    3. When can we craft jewellery?
    4. Will we ever get a barbershop, so we can change hairstyles and maybe tatoos and scars.

you don't see jewelry on your character, so why would you want to have jewelry dying??? ;) lol

Is English your first Language?

He asks about dying Shields and Weapons, then asks about crafting Jewelry.

@kijima @Skullemainia I personally don't see why, or how, weapons/shields/jewelry can be dying. :trollface:
    I would like to dye shields with guild emblems. Maybe implement a more intricate dyeing system to the game, with more emblem choices. But dyeing jewelry? No. Crafting jewelry? Sure. Make them out of copper, silver, gold, white gold, or platinum with choices of gems.

Also, for my question:
    When will console players get a chance to see the loyalty rewards? I understand that it's been for PC characters, but I feel like them having it exclusively is unfair to us who waited to play it on console because we don't have the money for a decent gaming computer.
    I feel that them being the only ones to have it up until now would be a good way to placate them, because they've had their time of entitlement. But for some of us who can't afford to not just pay the monthly ESO subscriber fee, but to also have to buy a good enough computer to run Elder Scrolls Online? Just seems unbalanced and unfair.
    Xbox One NA server:
    Bayley Saur: Bosmer, Templar (AD)
    Constantine Mxyzptlk : Altmer, Sorcerer (EP)
    Options
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Armours from Quakecon
    E.G. Undaunted armour sets, Morag Tong armour sets, Thieve Guild armour sets. Will these be added as Crown-Store motifs? I'd pay money for that.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.