Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it safe for a human to take a bath in the 'waters' of Oblivion?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    Are you going to add a separate forum section for just xbox 1 and ps4 related info and topics? Each mmo i have played separated the pc forum topics from the console ones. It would just make sense since they are much farther along than us. I would prefer not to have parts of the game spoiled from reading the posts of pc players who have already done most of the things i am just starting.
    I also find that gamers on the different platforms tend to feel their particular platform is better which leads to arguments which can detract from the enjoyment of reading and posting to the forums. Its nice to be able to go to a section and be amoungst those who are playing and discovering the game on the same system.
    Not that i have seen much of that yet but it always happens.
    Thank you in advance for any answer you can provide.
    There are other worlds than these.
    Options
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    @randolphbenoit
    "Waters of Oblivion" is a name given to the night sky, as the stars appear to "flow" around Nirn from the perspective of an Nirn-bound observer.

Edited by Ghrimn on June 11, 2015 6:39PM
    Options
  • ERaege
    ERaege
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any particular reason merchants don't appear on the map? For a new player like myself (PS4), to know where I can go to sell all my stuff would be pretty helpful. Even if they only showed up after you've discovered them for the first time would be greatly appreciated.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ERaege wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason merchants don't appear on the map? For a new player like myself (PS4), to know where I can go to sell all my stuff would be pretty helpful. Even if they only showed up after you've discovered them for the first time would be greatly appreciated.

Crafting stations do appear on the map once they have been discovered, and the other vendors are usually arrayed around them.

Good rule of thumb when trying to sell your more negligible wares to empty your bags. : )

Options
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    @zos, I have a few questions for the next ESO live.
    • Why is the ULT gen for console almost twice as much as the PC/Mac version? (11/sec vs. 6/sec)
    • Are you aware that this makes Vamps who transferred over from PC nearly immortal in PVP, especially vs. new console players?
    • If the difference in ULT generation between PC/Mac and Console is any indicator, does this mean that core combat mechanics are being amended and/or developed further independently between platforms intentionally, and if so, why?
    • If the above answer is yes, how do you sustain (or rather justify the expense) of developing combat mechanics separately between the console versions and PC/Mac versions of the game without first addressing the myriad of issues currently infesting the combat system as many players have pointed out ad nauseam on these forums?
    • Are you aware that by not implementing a gold cap on PC/Mac transfers that you may have irrevocably damaged the Console game economy by allowing PC/Mac players the ability to effectively *DUPE* gold by pooling their gold/material resources prior to transfer?

Thank you for your time.
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
    Options
  • Dovakin87
    Dovakin87
    Soul Shriven
    I've completed FG but it hasn't unlocked SC or BC as travel points?
    Options
  • BlackHalo
    BlackHalo
    Soul Shriven
    So launch day has come and gone, the America megaserver is still pretty difficult to get into, so I switched the European server. I was curious, because that character is the most developed I have so far, and I have crown purchases.
    1) are the planning to block the US from the European server? and if so is their a way I can transfer my crown purchases and such to the US server when that time comes?
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @TomUchia: Will we be able to fight and defeat other Daedric princes in the future? (Spoiler: After we defeated Molag Bal, Meridia tells us that we have to prepare for coming conflicts and that our real enemies aren’t mortal.
    Sir Cadwell says, “Odd’s Goose! I’m counting on it! I’ve been practicing, you see, at fighting Daedric Princes by knocking melons off fence posts with a garden rake. That’s how it’s done, isn’t it? Just line them up: Clavicus Vile, Mephala, Nocturnal—I’m ready for them! Tally ***!”
    lol -- Jason got caught by the profanity filter for displaying Britishness :)

That is hilarious. :)

Umm. Isnt that Lore Master Lawrence speaking as Sir Cadwell? if so, dont blame poor Jason. He gets plenty of blame as it is...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • arisenow
    arisenow
    Soul Shriven
    Why dosent the game ever work, i paid 80 bucks, and can never play... [snip]! What if i came to your house and semi fixed your furnace? Would you be satisfied with that?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 5, 2024 11:45AM
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackHalo wrote: »
    So launch day has come and gone, the America megaserver is still pretty difficult to get into, so I switched the European server. I was curious, because that character is the most developed I have so far, and I have crown purchases.
    1) are the planning to block the US from the European server? and if so is their a way I can transfer my crown purchases and such to the US server when that time comes?

@BlackHalo I doubt if they will block the server, lag should do that for you. However, by playing fast and loose with my launcher, I can log the PC version into both the NA or EU megaservers. Dont see why that could not also happen on the console version. Your characters just cant help each other out and have to be leveled independently.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovakin87 wrote: »
    I've completed FG but it hasn't unlocked SC or BC as travel points?

@Dovakin87 Just completing a dungeon does not unlock a travel point. HOWEVER, talking to the other Undaunted npcs, usually at the local watering hole, will unlock all three dungeons travel locations for that level and give you a spot of XP. Its also part of an acheivement, to boot.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@randolphbenoit In addition to the accurate response to your question above.. When you get into Coldharbor, Crow's Wood and some of the other pockets of Oblivion, you can indeed swim in the waters there. However, in the Coldharbor questline, you find out what those "waters" really are... which may keep you out of them..

When you kill a Daedra or soul shriven, they reform their corporeal forms from those "waters".
    Edited by Darlgon on June 11, 2015 11:39PM
    Options
  • jds1191@gmail.com
    jds1191@gmail.com
    Soul Shriven
    Playing on console, went to travel to a Way shrine have now been permanently stuck in a load screen which says load times may be unusually long for a half hour. I've removed my disc and turned the console on and off multiple times. Any suggestions?
    Options
  • d395
    d395
    Soul Shriven
    I know you guys have been working very hard on the servers but my biggest question is ....

1.) when do you think we will get a complete update and server overhaul and or better server? ..
    I had to cancel my esoplus due to barely being able to login in half the time and few other problems .. but the games still FREAKIN awesome ..

2.) Will you guys ever be adding in update where we can complete turn off people voices off during entire gameplay instead of loading a new level and having to keep manually turning it off ?
    ill be playing story and here loud coughs or people yelling at there kids I use my mic only sometimes

peace
    Options
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to expand the variety of magic types? For instance, add something like nature magic or necromancy?
    Options
  • macadamia9
    Please give us the ability on consoles to turn off public chat completely. I hate having to stop playing, open the options menu, and manually leave the voice chat channel each time I move to another area.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ERaege wrote: »
    @ERaege Merchants in towns and cities do all appear on the map. Highlighting a store or marketplace on the map will show all the merchants at that location, along with an icon representing what they sell.
    See Service Icons and Vendors for a key to the icons.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 12, 2015 1:10AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ashyboomstick
    ashyboomstick
    Soul Shriven
    Trying to play the Elder scrolls online for Xbox 1, but have been just seeing the login screen that reads "position in queue 1 approximate wait time 1 minute" for over 20 min. What good is it buying a game you can never login to?
    Options
  • dstrick44@gmail.com
    dstrick44@gmail.com
    Soul Shriven

When will it be possible to actually play the game? I've been #807550 in queue for 2 days!
    Options
  • jgilson27
    If I return this game to Gamestop (because it doesn't work) and buy a used copy in a few months, will my character info still be saved on the server?
    Options
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    lkbng wrote: »
    renrut wrote: »
    Why couldn't you have just made a game, rather than this mmo b.s.? Why were we all required to drop bank on a game we can't even play? I've been involved with this series since morrowwind and this is the first time I'm asking myself, "why did I waste my money?" this is ridiculous! You should issue refunds to everyone. So disappointed right now. You already knew you'd have this many people. Why then, wouldn't you take necessary measures? Just re-release skyrim for the Xbox one and you'll never hear from me again. Been sitting here almost an hour in queue. That's crazy!

I agree, the only reason i bought this game is because The wont port Skyrim over to (I have a PS4). I have played all of the elder scrolls games on pc and console and they were awesome. I wouldnt care if they didn't soup up the graphics for the next gen systems, i just want to play elder scrolls.

They wasted ther time developing and pushing this buggy lagging mess out to us.

(Oh wait, my bad, this was just a way to suck a butt ton of money out of us)...

There is an new Single Player Elder Scrolls game in the making.

@lkbng
    @renrut
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
    Options
  • virus40oz
    virus40oz
    Soul Shriven
    1.) Is there going to be text chat added to consoles any time soon? It would help with trading, guild recruitment, and groups.
    2.) Is there a way to respec skill points without crowns?
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Golgoleth wrote: »
    Ok so I've grown up being told "if it isn't broke don't [snip] fix it". That being said, why on earth would you take the loading screen for the Xbox version and add a "queue" that now takes an average of 10 minutes to log in. I had no wait/issues before now nothing but both. What the [snip] is is wrong with you guys? You had a great game but I'm not waiting the [snip] around for this [snip] every time I want to log in. And considering that it's possible to get booted for no reason I'm not playing this until you remove that stupid queue, thanks for your time.
    @Golgoleth The queue is there because there are too many people logging in at once, and the login server can't cope. ZOS are working to increase server capacity, but the queue is the only solution in the short term to ensure people can actually get in the game.
    virus40oz wrote: »
    2.) Is there a way to respec skill points without crowns?
    @virus40oz Yes. Go to the capital city of your alliance and look for the Rededication Shrine on the map -> 20px-ON-icon-Shrine.png From there you can respec skills and attributes for in-game gold.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 5, 2024 11:46AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    jgilson27 wrote: »
    If I return this game to Gamestop (because it doesn't work) and buy a used copy in a few months, will my character info still be saved on the server?

Yes.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Varicite: Is there a reason that using the Major Expedition buff from Double-Take while stealthed makes you move SLOWER than using Major Expedition buff from Rapid Maneuver while stealthed? They both say 40% faster movement speed, but using Double-Take while stealthed is noticeably slower than Rapid Maneuver.
    Good catch! That’s definitely a bug. Double Take will give the same amount of movement speed increase in our next major update.

Thank you for the response, @ZOS_JasonLeavey, it's very much appreciated. I'm sure it's something that most players probably didn't even notice unless they were actually using 2 forms of Major Expedition on their bars, which most opt not to do. I just happened to be leveling them at the same time.

I know that it's been said that there will be more information forthcoming about the next major content update following next weekend's E3, so I am not going to ask for any real specifics concerning that in hopes that you'll unveil something great for us to look forward to (because, boy have we been waiting a while!).

W/ that said, I am curious if the bug that I previously found w/ Blade Cloak ranks not doing anything is also going to be fixed in the same content update as Double-Take?
    Options
  • OverlordBowes
    OverlordBowes
    Soul Shriven
    The PVP servers seem a little empt at the moment for ps4, is that because not alot of people or level 10 or what?
    Options
  • ERaege
    ERaege
    Soul Shriven
    This is a commonly asked question, but can we please see the character names in game? I, like most people here, hate having to see the PSN/Gamertags above people's heads. It breaks immersion. Not to mention many people created these usernames on consoles years ago and STILL aren't able to change them short of creating new accounts on their respective console of choice. Elder Scrolls Online is a "Role-Playing Game". So please let us role-play. Thank you.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khydan wrote: »
    Are there any plans to expand the variety of magic types? For instance, add something like nature magic or necromancy?

There are some long term plans for SpellCrafting!

the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Sirus
    Sirus
    How much of tamriel do you actually plan on adding because there are a lot of places I want to get to (mostly in skyrim) that are currently unavailable?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.