Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there only 3 magicka races, but 5 stamina races? Also, why does the Ebonheart Pact have both the health-based tank races? Have you guys ever thought about balancing the factions?
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    Right now there seems to be no end to the criminal activity allowed by the Justice System and since the original plans were abandoned, it really misses a disciplinary approach to it. Any chance of implementing a "Press X to report a crime" based on the radius the crime was committed or any revamp and adjusts to the system?
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • derpymcsquirtle
    This has probably been asked numerous times but I'm new here so I'll ask again:
    What are the chances of getting cross platform play on ESO?would love to quest with my friends on ps4 & PC.
    Also any chance of adding map coordinates on the map in the Xbox version of game as well as a completed quest section in the journal
    And finally what are the chances of implementing text chat into the console versions of ESO as another way to communicate on top of voice and emotes and would you support the Xbox one chat pad??
    Loving my time in ESO so far
    Keep up the great work
    Many Thanks
    Edited by derpymcsquirtle on June 25, 2016 11:13PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you please hit the delete button on the wrothgar set items CP 150 level. No one in the game ever wants them or ever wanted them. Please can you delete them and allow us to farm stuff we can actually benefit from without this obstacle disheartening us.

Maelstrom rewards. ...50% drop chance isn't working at all. Please check my account history and you'll see I pretty much live in there and tell me how many weapons you've given me wince DB.

So my question is on this part will you please remove jewelery and all items bar weapons from the last chest please, 11 weapons in 9 traits per hour at best is a horrific grind anyway and we'll at least settle for this, Fa Nuit Hen just mails me 4 restos every week so I can't rely on this at all for variety (seriously it's resto resto resto every week) 1 in 99 chance I'll take.

For the next update and apparantly you're revamping VDSA supposedly...can we have a weekly leaderboard like we do with VMA? That rewards not crap like VMA first did but in theory the Master weapon line or stuff like CP160 Footman jewelery, Healers Habit etc?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to be changing the way emp is crowned? Currently AP decides who is emp, which can be done by 2 people running 1 account with mutagen spam and they dont even have to be online. Will you be changing it to keeps/resources claimed and have to be online?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, could we please get some ETA on small-scale PVP arenas and/or Dueling?

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be an ESO Live sooner rather than later. Matt needs to be on it, as well as Brian Wheeler. No advertising the next content, no advertising DB. There needs to be an effort to communicate to the player base why the game is in such a lousy place and what is being done to address it. How a patch can be released to console that is borderline unplayable is beyond me. Crashed every 10 minutes or so on ESO. Spent about 90 minutes playing Overwatch and my no disconnects or lag. Why are so many abilities broken, why have so many bugs been introduced? What are you doing to fix it quickly, and what are you doing to insure this doesn't happen again? Why should everyone who's cancelled their sub over performance or cheating issues want to resub again? Why should a new player want to sub? What is going on with customer support? Is there a plan to improve the lousy support system?

I don't think this is asking for too much. I completely agree with this statement.
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC launch day bugs & issues (2014)
    • When can we expect a fix for the guild bank frequently not loading?
    • When can we expect a fix for being left in combat for a considerable time after killing goats, sheep, bambi, etc?
    • Follow-up: how did it take over 2 years for you to learn about this bug?
    • When can we expect a fix for the guild bank duplication bug and a subsequent return of the stack button?
    • When can we expect a proper in-game mail client?
    • When can we expect an API system with granular controls so that the community can produce neat apps and more wonderful websites? Just look at some of the cool stuff Eve players have produced with such a system. This would be a huge asset to character build sites and eso-database.com. Personally, I'd kill many NPCs to be able to integrate my guild forum, teamspeak and jabber servers this way.
    • When can we expect the RSI-inducing click-fest of mass production / de-construction / refining to be addressed?
    • When can we expect improvements to the chat system?
    • When can we expect any guild management tools at all; when can we expect those to be followed up with excellent tools?
    • Why do you kick inactive clients after what seems to be a varying amount of time; wouldn't you agree that it would be better to stop doing this; when can we expect you to stop doing it? It'd be nice if I could go AFK to watch a movie I could come back and catch up on guild chat.

Mail
    • Please can we have a button to take all items currently in our mailbox, rather than having to go through a lot of hireling mails every day and take each attachment separately? Perhaps throw a few $ at the developer of the mail looter mod in exchange for using his code?
    • Until you give us a proper mail client, can you please add a reply button and a mail to guild (based on guild privileges!) option?
    • I know I've reached VR16 and 160CP. When will you stop sending me multiple mails every day to tell me about it?

Guilds
    • Are you ever going to add better functionality to the guild store? Perhaps throw a few $ at the developer of the awesome guild store mod in exchange for using his code?
    • Given that plenty of people have quit the game since it game out and many of those may have been Guild Masters, will you consider removing the restriction of only allowing an account to be the GM of one guild?
    • Follow-up: in a situation where I'm the Guild Master of a guild and the Guild Master of our sister guild has been gone for over a year, as by far the most active player, can a Game Master make me Guild Master of the second guild? The next most active player has been logged off for a few months.
    • Follow-up: would you agree that we really need a different name for either Guild Masters or Game Masters so that GM has one clearly defined meaning?

Crafting
    • You stated that the recent changes to rune stone nodes were to address the fact that enchanting is the red-headed stepchild of crafting, and to streamline the process for making glyphs. Have the changes had the desired result, and can we have gratuitous graph *** showing the result of the changes either way?
    • Follow-up: if, as I suspect, the changes didn't achieve the desired effect, will you consider keeping potency runes available through NPC vendors whilst also a) fixing that which you broke and b) doing what the player base told you would get more people into enchanting - give greater inspiration for making and de-constructing glyphs?
    • When an enchanting node gives up potency runes in the orginal zones, why can't we be guaranteed that it will be of the correct level for that zone rather than based on our enchanting skills? The current system is great in the expansion zones but there's often a need for a crafter to keep lower level stuff in their bag.
    • Why do legendary VR15 and VR16 glyphs give exactly the same inspiration for de-construction? (Tested June 2016)

Misc
    • Why can't most crown store content be accessible in-game? For example, why not tie mounts and costumes to achievement points? People who want it right naow! can buy it in the store, and those of us who will never, ever buy those things (you know who we are) in the store can still earn them.
    • Can we have a dev blog about the tools available to your Game Masters?
    • Can we have a dev blog containing all the hot, dirty, nerdy details about the hardware and software you're using to run the game server on?
    • Can we have a dev blog about your QA team?

Community
    • @ZOS_JessicaFolsom in September 2015 I messaged ZOS_MaryB, twice, about an issue and was ignored. I escalated it to ZOS_GinaBruno in October and still haven't had a reply. Would you agree this is unacceptable and when can I expect a reply (preferably from you, given how long your staff have let this drag on)?
    • On the rare occasion that you answer questions from this thread on ESO Live, why don't you also post the answers in this thread (or, in the alternative, have a separate locked thread for your answers)? Some people aren't able to watch the show and others find it poorly produced. I'm sure there are other reasons for not watching it, too.
    • Follow-up: what is your criteria for deciding what to answer? We now know about toilet facilities in Tamriel, but we don't seem to be able to get any information about important things, like bugs and issues that have been around for years.
    • Follow-up: given the extensive backlog of questions in this thread, do you intend to make answering them a priority for your team, together with staying on top of future questions?
    • How many of those 7 million copies @ZOS_MattFrior recently mentioned have logged in within the last month? #DareYouToAnswer :p
    • How many devs (including the community team, etc) play ESO regularly? What's the average time per week you guys play? Do the decision makers play more or less often than the people who work for them?
    • @ZOS_AlanG suggested I ask in this thread why there isn't a media pack available that contains all the icons for abilities, items, weapons, armour, etc? Please can we have one, and please can you commit to keeping it updated when you add new content. This would be very helpful for fansites, wikis and, if you give us an API system, apps.
    • Do you have any plans to address the fact that you're frequently seen as unhelpful, unknowledgeable, unprofessional and generally distasteful of the player base? Are you perceived this way because you have different expectations from the players and, if so, do you think this needs to be addressed? Case in point: I expected AlanG, as a member of the community team, to be able to answer my question about a media pack rather then suggesting I post it here in order for it to possibly be answered one day by... the community team.

Forum
    • Now that you've implemented broken SSL on the forum, when can we expect it to be fully armed and operational?
    • When you do you expect to have a solution rolled out so that we know when you've actually replied to a thread, as opposed to posting copypasta about forum rules and not being mean to people?

Humourously Important Questions
    • How is it that we have chicken, beef and game yet, despite pigs being present and killable, no bacon? What in the name of Sheogorath is going on with this? It's an outrage, I tell you!

Answers to questions
    • None

Not answered but information found or issue addressed
    • Broken SSL added to forum in April

Edit: typographical error.
    Edited by rootimus on June 27, 2016 6:06PM
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    Can maxed crafters get perks to their abilities such as the ability to add a "minor enchantment" to gear. For example, adding wooden or metal toggles to cloth and leather armor to give them an armor bonus, or reinforcing heavy armor? And the ability to do this through trade windows. Maybe a 9 trait perk.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    For characters who change gear sets depending on content we're playing, it can be cumbersome to switch all 14 slots every time. Any chance we might ever get a couple of programmable saved gear configuration slots that would allow us to one click between a couple of different setups?

This would be really good to have.
    I would like to see saved slots as well.
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's addons if u on PC it save armor, weapon and lootable costume sets
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the armor "worm's rainment" typically known as "worm cult", not available in the impenetrable trait? Any chance of this being added?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi! Are you thinking of the Dark Brotherhood extermination alternative quest line? Otherwise, I don't want the DLC. But unfortunatelly I'm still forced to buy it if I just want a new character emotions style (personality).
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on June 28, 2016 3:32PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again. I've heard about costumes dyeing coming soon. That's exciting, but please add a button that resets a costume colors to its originals. Because you've colored costumes pretty good, I even bought several for crowns. So the possibility to return a costume to its original look would be very appreciated.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Are you thinking of the Dark Brotherhood extermination alternative quest line? Otherwise, I don't want the DLC. But unfortunatelly I'm still forced to buy it if I just want a new character emotions style (personality).

there is only one personality added with the DB DLC, but there will be comming more, ZOS said, so no need to buy the DLC just because of it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what is the exact name of that addon please? I would wanna use it too!!
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that we have chicken, beef and game yet, despite pigs being present and killable, no bacon? What in the name of Sheogorath is going on with this? It's an outrage, I tell you!
    this is the one they'll answer lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

check this out how many new ones were datamined:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/275349/data-mining-new-crown-store-items-from-2-5-0/p1

(edit: corrected the link)

http://elderscrolls.net/2016/06/28/17479-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-5-0/

I prefer "drunk" and "happy" personality :smiley: and they should add a "stoned" one. if they support getting drunk, why not getting high
    Edited by altemriel on June 28, 2016 6:34PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

what is the exact name of that addon please? I would wanna use it too!!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info52-WykkydOutfitter.html
    I have about 10 gear n lootable costume sets saves with n without weapons
    Edited by Krainor1974 on June 28, 2016 10:50PM
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering, how significant is the content in the Lore Library? In other words ... If I decided to follow the directions or the story lore within a book, would it really lead to a secret location or some sort of treasure that was believed to be a "myth"?

I read the "On Immortality" book, and was wondering if there is something out there. I also noticed that it's one of the only books that's not part of my character's eidetic memory. Very peculiar. Is the content within this book really in the open-world?
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on June 29, 2016 4:06PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering, how significant is the content in the Lore Library? In other words ... If I decided to follow the directions or the story lore within a book, would it really lead to a secret location or some sort of treasure that was believed to be a "myth"?

I read the "On Immortality" book, and was wondering if there is something out there. I also noticed that it's one of the only books that's not part of my character's eidetic memory. Very peculiar. Is the content within this book really in the open-world?

might be some "secret location", you have to try it out ;)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How did the giant minotaur in gold coast fit in that little cave? It's a dead end and the passage way is well under half it's size...or was it born in there by its mother who has to have been 1/4 it's size?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much will the appearance/race/name change tokens cost?
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    How much will the appearance/race/name change tokens cost?

not announced yet by zos. hopefully not too much
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, I saw it more times on the forums - people crying, that they have enchanted their maelstrom weapons and now the weapon is useless, as they lost the special effect...

fortunatelly it did not happen to me, but I feel sad for the people who spent hours in finishing the vetMA, and loosing the special effects in one wrong enchanting

could you please zos add a small warning message when enchanting special weapons, a warning that doing that will make the weapon to loose its special effect??

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this even actually a thing anymore? When was the last ESO live that wasn't a 'Special Edition'? Where do we get our questions answered at now? :p
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    Is this even actually a thing anymore? When was the last ESO live that wasn't a 'Special Edition'? Where do we get our questions answered at now? :p

I agree eso should answer our questions by mail ingame.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been getting a very lot of people encouraging me to take up using drugs by forever telling me that I'm using drugs when I'm not.
    This is brainwashing of the worst kind.
    The last couple of Days I been studying the Community Rules to find anything writen about Drugs and forcing people to consider taking up Drug use.
    I am clearly struggling with this and nothing is written in the current Community Rules one way or the other.
    Tonight when others have attacked me I been cutting and pasting Community Rules to point out to people that they are Breaking the Community Rules.
    I love Elder Scrolls lots I just wish there was more written to protect ourselves.
    bye

HTFU-skill-line.png
    nimander99 wrote: »

I agree eso should answer our questions by mail ingame.

That would be silly. Spending a day going through the thread and replying with substantive answers, on the other hand, would make sense, be good for their image with the community and is exactly why I doubt they'll do it.

Based on experience, I think it more likely they'll re-name the thread: Ask Us Anything! (As long as they're softball questions that fit in with our PR plans to gloss over everything wrong with the game whilst blowing any good or new stuff out of all proportion. Also, we sold 7 million copies so ~whatever~). PS: OMG limited time offer in the crown store - make your horse look like a donkey!!

Of course, even that would require :effort:.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guild store listings. . clothing now has tannin and woodworking now has resin...before DB this was the other way around...why?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    Master Angler
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild store listings. . clothing now has tannin and woodworking now has resin...before DB this was the other way around...why?

The current way is correct, so it was probably a bug.
This discussion has been closed.