The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    Will name changes come to the crown store? Maybe alongside the barbershop.
    They did say down the line both will be coming , makes sense if they done together.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Krainor1974 any idea when?
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to favorite items so not to deconstruct them by accident? Or you could put a symbol next to gear that is in the bank.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to scale some single-player content to the player level in each zone (at least ensuring that there is a complete diversity among the high-level ennemies)? I am an ESO plus member and therefore I am leveling faster than I used to, but I am quite worried I will permanently miss the collectible trophies because of my fast-growing level. Once I am too high-leveled for my current zone, I will not get any drop from any creature. I am not even grinding for XP (I am just questing) and I am already 3 Veteran Ranks above my current zone. :s At this pace, I won't receive any drops anymore before I even reach Cadwell Gold, and thus certainly no trophies. :(

Also, do you plan on adding collectible trophies for creatures that currently don't have their own ones?
    Edited by VerboseQuips on January 9, 2016 6:12PM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to scale some single-player content to the player level in each zone (at least ensuring that there is a complete diversity among the high-level ennemies)? I am an ESO plus member and therefore I am leveling faster than I used to, but I am quite worried I will permanently miss the collectible trophies because of my fast-growing level. Once I am too high-leveled for my current zone, I will not get any drop from any creature. I am not even grinding for XP (I am just questing) and I am already 3 Veteran Ranks above my current zone. :s At this pace, I won't receive any drops anymore before I even reach Cadwell Gold, and thus certainly no trophies. :(

Also, do you plan on adding collectible trophies for creatures that currently don't have their own ones?

The cool thing about VR is that the game treats it as if you're at lvl50 the whole time for drops. You can even get drops from Coldharbour at VR16, as long as they're from mobs lvl45 or over. I still do the content from the lower VR zones as I want to get all of the achievements.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok Not sure if I have asked any questions since the last Ask us anything so here are my questions

Racials

1) We all know the Agonian Racials suck even in Open Beta we got told Argonain Racials were the weakest and would get an improvement. They are still very weak compared to others what are the plans to improve Argonain racials and when can we expect them
    2) We have been told that race changes will be coming in with a revamp to the racial abilities. When can we expect this and what can we expect to see. Will the racials be more balances, will there be any generic ones we all have access to if our desired races racials suck?

PvP
    1) PvP lag is still terrible with some battles being just about luck and random clicking. What is being done, and is there going to be an option to turn off some of the graphic effects. Huge purple domes, thousands of bats and flying daggers etc can't be helping.
    2) PvP is still largely dominated by Zerg trains spamming AOE attacks and a handful of insanely powered players. What plans are there to stop steel tornado and bar swarm being the only viable attacks and make PvP more friendly for casual players? A lot of people complain about over powered attacks where they take 30k+ damage in what seems to be a second, Is this just lag or is the system not registering the damage quick enough to allow players to react?
    3) A while back it was suggested that alliance points/ranks could become account wide to encourage players with alts, is there any hope of this happening?

Misc
    1) Titles, I like the idea of titles on characters but the current ones (out side alliance ranks) seem a bit naff. Will we ever see better titles, NPC guild ranks and will we ever see titles which can prefix or suffix a character name rather than just sit under it.
    2) There seems to be very little solo repeatable content/daily quests. Will we ever see NPC guilds (other than undaunted) offer daily quests and new skill lines/stories and daily quests to keep people logging on?
    3) When player housing comes in will we be able to become lords of our own estates or will the player housing just be a shack we can store our stuff?
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »

The cool thing about VR is that the game treats it as if you're at lvl50 the whole time for drops. You can even get drops from Coldharbour at VR16, as long as they're from mobs lvl45 or over. I still do the content from the lower VR zones as I want to get all of the achievements.

Oh, thank you for the information. I thought they were like levels and I feared the coming day were I wouldn't loot anything anymore! Now I am reassured! :D

Anyways, I still hope for more trophies for their newer creatures. :smile:
    My characters:
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would it be possible to have an active effect listed for the Ring of Mara? At the moment there is no confirmation or visual proof that either of you are getting the benefit from wearing the Rings while playing together in a group :)

As before, if you pick my question, here is how to pronounce my name=Glay-See-Anna (You pronounced it perfect last time with those instructions anyway! XD)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the real, though, @ZOS_GinaBruno, when are we gonna get a /TWERK emote?

I find the lack of Tamrielic bootyshaking highly disturbing and entirely unacceptable.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to craft jewelry? It would give a bit more creative freedom when putting together gear sets.

You never know, but there is no news about this yet, just keep an eye out on the forums :) and the Dev, Tracker :) thanks.
  • Creepy
    Creepy
    1. Will there ever be a companion app for mobile devices? This would come in handy for keeping up with your guilds, seeing how your campaign is going, and checking friend activity.
    2. Will most areas that aren't in the game become playable via DLC
    3. Will we see new areas of PvP in DLC (not just in Cyrodiil)
    4. Can you please make it possible to transfer accounts over from Xbox One to PC
    PC: @Creepiest-Dog
    Xbox: creepiestdog457
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any more info you can give about the Arena/Battlegrounds and dueling system that is coming?
    Also will we be getting weapon dyes soon.
    Also also please don't say "soon TM" or use your "soon" meme in response.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to update the some of the basic racial motifs? The Redguards, Orcs, and Bretons seem to have higher quality details as well as more culture on their gear. Do you plan to do the same for the Nords and Dark Elves, or the rest of the races for that matter?
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Are there any plans to update the some of the basic racial motifs? The Redguards, Orcs, and Bretons seem to have higher quality details as well as more culture on their gear. Do you plan to do the same for the Nords and Dark Elves, or the rest of the races for that matter?

It's doubtful this will happen sadly, as they will be focusing on adding new motifs.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we possibly get any idea what the combat team plans to do with the changes coming up with the Thieves guild dlc? Currently many skills are just not worth using and the sooner the community knows what is likely to happen the more time we will have to provide feedback.
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Can we possibly get any idea what the combat team plans to do with the changes coming up with the Thieves guild dlc? Currently many skills are just not worth using and the sooner the community knows what is likely to happen the more time we will have to provide feedback.

Just give them time, as they need it to be able to sort the quests and so on. ;)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danny231 wrote: »

Just give them time, as they need it to be able to sort the quests and so on. ;)

Right, almost forgot.
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Danny231 wrote: »

Right, almost forgot.

Now, you understand why they don't rush DLC's out with MMORPG's if you get what I'm saying mate :)
    Edited by Danny231 on January 10, 2016 9:36AM
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that there are common areas between Alliances, are there any thoughts on having recipes based on special fish?

I.E. One requiring a Crab-Slaughter-Crane as an ingredient?
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there plans to add music that fits to the area we are in? While a good soundtrack, hearing the same music everywhere we go does get repetative
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that there are common areas between Alliances, are there any thoughts on having recipes based on special fish?

I.E. One requiring a Crab-Slaughter-Crane as an ingredient?

Once they add player housing, I surely hope we'll be able to install an aquarium in our houses and see rare fish swimming in that. :p

(Though the Crab-Slaughter-Crane might require a very big aquarium ^^)
    My characters:
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible if when you remove veteran ranks you make it so that when we do cadwell's silver and gold, we actually go to the other alliance and not just pretend we are on some dream and all I meet is people from the same alliance. I was kinds disappointed when I finally got to cadwell's silver and then found out I won't be meeting people from the other alliance.
  • Dcaliber
    Dcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS, I just recently came back to ESO after a hiatus. I have two questions:
    1. When will shield dyes be here?
    2. Barbershop/Race change? I'm getting tired of my Imperials haircut and would love to change it.

Thanks!
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
    -Mark Twain
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dcaliber wrote: »
    Hi ZOS, I just recently came back to ESO after a hiatus. I have two questions:
    1. When will shield dyes be here?
    2. Barbershop/Race change? I'm getting tired of my Imperials haircut and would love to change it.

Thanks!

Shield Dyes are hear :smiley:
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you have another crack at those 5min plus loading screens as they're still around in Cyrodiil at least.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any other fishing secrets that haven't been shared?
    Like are there fishing holes that drop rare fish more than others? And why is there fishing bait sold at the merchant if they do not do as much as caught bait? Also there's got to be a trick for a solo fishermen such as myself to be able to take advantage of? And isn't there an easier way for farming worms because logging in and out of the intro is kinda boring?
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on January 10, 2016 10:21PM
  • william19882007
    william19882007
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever be able to craft jewelry? It would give a bit more creative freedom when putting together gear sets.

They have talked about this before and said its not somthing they are working on just yet.
  • JBsnow404
    JBsnow404
    Will Rubedo hide scraps get higher drop rates since they are crazy hard to get compared to Rubedite Ore and Raw Ancestral Silk. Also would it be an idea to get clothier surveys that can get you a bunch of rubedo hide scraps since all of them only give you Raw Ancestral silk.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will effects of winterborn/valkyn scorgia/nerieth and other sets proc on shielded targets?
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ledgermain be the passives for the Thieves Guild skill line?
    It makes sense that we have the passives already and just the skills would be added.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 11, 2016 1:58AM
This discussion has been closed.