Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for implementing controller support. And also...

PLEASE MAKE THE OPTION FOR CUSTOMIZATIBLE BUTTONS ON PC!

PLEASE MAKE THE OPTION FOR HAVING TOON NAMES AND NOT GAMER TAG ON PC!

CLICK AGREE IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS!

Thank you for your time.

1. We haven't even gotten that on consoles yet lol
    2. This is already in the works, for all platforms.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Babiole
    Babiole
    Ask Us Anything! Ok :

What happened to French Community Manager Michael Servotte ?
  • Black_Canary15
    Will we ever get a notification of some sort to let us know we received in game mail instead of checking on our own every few minutes or hours?
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Question

Are we going to see a in game calander to set guild events/raids/pvp nights. So all guild members get a notification when its time.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    Question

Are we going to see a in game calander to set guild events/raids/pvp nights. So all guild members get a notification when its time.

there is the "guild message of the day" option for this
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Question

The guildmaster can also use a blog or website or something to keep track of this stuff too.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be ever a possibility to label (name) the potions that I craft?

I have a question on ZOS devs, if they are thinking about adding a possibility for the players to name their own potions.

I mean I craft a potom, which adds +5000 health, +5000 stam, +5000 magicka and I would like to have it in my inventory named differently than the others (just +5000 health), not both the same "....of health".

It will be great if I could either name it myself, or at least somehow tag it with my note about the effect so that I could see it on the label what is it about.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shanetra09 wrote: »
    Will we ever get a notification of some sort to let us know we received in game mail instead of checking on our own every few minutes or hours?
    @Shanetra09 Is that on console? This has existed on PC since launch, so I just assumed it must be on console as well.
    I mean I craft a potom, which adds +5000 health, +5000 stam, +5000 magicka and I would like to have it in my inventory named differently than the others (just +5000 health), not both the same "....of health".
    @altemriel The funny thing is that names for these exist already in the data. Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pots are called "__ of Rejuvenation", Magicka/Spell Power/Spell Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Spell Weaving", and Stamina/Weapon Power/Weapon Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Strength". So perhaps a question for ZOS would be:

When will we see our crafted potions with multiple effects using the different potion names that exist in the data files? This would help quickly identify a true Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pot without having to look through numerous "Potions of Health" to find the right version. Also, may we see crafted potions becoming green items (like the reagents) to easily distinguish them from dropped/bought potions?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Black_Canary15
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Shanetra09 wrote: »
    @Shanetra09 Is that on console? This has existed on PC since launch, so I just assumed it must be on console as well.
    @altemriel The funny thing is that names for these exist already in the data. Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pots are called "__ of Rejuvenation", Magicka/Spell Power/Spell Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Spell Weaving", and Stamina/Weapon Power/Weapon Crit tri-pots are called "__ of Strength". So perhaps a question for ZOS would be:

When will we see our crafted potions with multiple effects using the different potion names that exist in the data files? This would help quickly identify a true Health/Magicka/Stamina tri-pot without having to look through numerous "Potions of Health" to find the right version. Also, may we see crafted potions becoming green items (like the reagents) to easily distinguish them from dropped/bought potions?

Console. We just have to randomly look.
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Question

Its not really is it... What i was thinking of is a calendar with a sign up option with alot of guild events can go on and that wont fit in a GMD, also GMD wont alert ppl before an event.

Making a website that people will have to go also isnt practical, some of us dont have PC or dont wont to go to websites.

What harm would an in game calendar do, it will only inhance the game so why not, you can give it a function to turn off if u dont want it on.
  • Solace of Shadows

Thank you for your time.

Okay, so I figured out that if you push esc and go to Controls you're able to key bind controller buttons not just keyboard buttons. Problem solved!

Well that tiny little problem anyway...

Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the crafting mats for a Vet 16 item still over 100? No offense but are you Devs even paying attention to your game? Take a gander in Orsinium since it went live..... The spawn rates of the Ruby mats is waaaay low and there are more people in there than I have ever seen in any area at one time with the exception of the starter area banks.

It took me 4 hours to gather 30 of each of the new mats because all I keep running into is the vet 14 mats, which honestly should not even be there in my opinion. If I want Vet 14 mats I can go to Craglorn, Reapers March or Malabal Tor I don't need them in Orsinium..... I NEED Vet 16 mats in Orsinium! I Accepted it with IC, didn't like it, but at least I kinda understood what you were trying to do. This however is ridiculous. Orsinium is the PVE area we have been waiting for. All the enemy's are Vet 16 but I will not have Vet 16 armor for weeks because I can't get my hands on enough nodes?

I wish I could sit on this game all day every day and play till I went brain dead but unfortunately my RL will not allow that and honestly I find it very disheartening that it seems people like me who have hectic RL's are not being taken into consideration.

So my options now are what.... pay insane prices for Ruby mats or wait till the newness of the area wears off for the poachers before I can manage to acquire enough nodes to make my armor and start questing!?! ..... utterly ridiculous.

The worst part is I have paid my Sub faithfully since the beginning and honestly the rewards for that have felt limited, now it just makes me wonder if it is worth it to continue subbing at all.

BTW your new support page is not working either.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your time.

Okay, so I figured out that if you push esc and go to Controls you're able to key bind controller buttons not just keyboard buttons. Problem solved!

Well that tiny little problem anyway...

Haven't seen the relevant episode myself, but apparently this was mentioned as "in the works" in a previous ESO Live.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Craglorn crafting writs now requiring players to create VR15 consumables and equipment. Besides the fact that the meager rewards that the writs generate can not justify the use of any VR15 matts, the simple fact is that these items are nowhere to be found in the zone or anywhere else in the base game (with the exception of group dungeons scaled VR15-16, but not in any great quantity there). In my opinion no zone in the base game should have crafting writs that require purchase of DLC to complete. Is this a sign that these matts are coming to the crown store?
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Why are Craglorn crafting writs now requiring players to create VR15 consumables and equipment. Besides the fact that the meager rewards that the writs generate can not justify the use of any VR15 matts, the simple fact is that these items are nowhere to be found in the zone or anywhere else in the base game (with the exception of group dungeons scaled VR15-16, but not in any great quantity there). In my opinion no zone in the base game should have crafting writs that require purchase of DLC to complete. Is this a sign that these matts are coming to the crown store?

You only have to create one vr15 item witch is about 10-15 mats. I have gotten legendary tempers and survey maps. You also get xp and gold. And the best part is, it is optional. You can vendor your vr14 mats for gold, and actually buy the vr15 mats in guild stores. As you say, also dungeons give you these mats. If you dont want to do dlc or the dungeon, why play the game in the first place, and what is the reason for you to farm vr15+ mats if you are not going to do any of the vr15+ content? I do agree tho, that trials are dead.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be ever a possibility to label (name) the potions that I craft?

I have a question on ZOS devs, if they are thinking about adding a possibility for the players to name their own potions.

It will be great if I could either name it myself, or at least somehow tag it with my note about the effect so that I could see it on the label what is it about.

@altemriel

I used my "junk" tab of my inv to keep the items that I do not want to sell ever -- grand soul, tri-pots, special finds (ie rings, weapons, armor, etc) Yeah, I know my "junk" tab is not really junk, but it easy to move items to it as needed. Just NEVER used the option on vendors "sell all junk" ;)

It is easy and fast to go down a list and pick out what to sell to a vendor for real junk items.
  • JewlzGoneROGUE
    JewlzGoneROGUE
    Soul Shriven
    Would we be able to change our characters RACE by purchasing crown points in the future? I have old characters that I will like to remake because I just didn't know enough about the game in the beginning to choose a race that made sence with my builds. Thank you :)

Wait awhile and see what they do. I cannot say it will involve Crowns though.
    Will you ever make Alliance costumes? Because I like what you did with the new sets in imperial city, however my guild would love to represent the alliance 24/7 especially in PVP without being limited to just those sets.

My advise for you is dress up your guild's Tabard to represent your faction then.

Tabard is just not cool enough. People complain about their gear not matching the tabard... lol.

• Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Will all of Tamriel be added eventually, and where are Armor previews?
    Edited by Heroborg on November 3, 2015 10:32PM
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Might we be able to pick a character with whom we can collect everyone's mail, rather than having to log in with every character?
    2) Would it be possible to cycle through splash screens and random trivia on loading screens? (I hate not being able to finish reading some tidbits of information the game gives us on the loading screen before it switches to a new one)
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - We have seen the rumors of skeletal senche & guars from data miners, any chance to see these in the future?
    - Would it be possible to buy skins for vampire and werewolf forms in the future? Maybe vampires with longer fangs, noses like in dawngaurd, wereboars, werecrocodiles, and others? These would still require having vampirism or lycanthrophe to see the effect and wouldn't change abilities, just the look.
    - Can eating spoiled food clear a food buff? There are times I'd like to check my stats without the artificial buff.
    - Currently we can convert armor and weapons and armor to the imperial style if we bought the imperial edition. Are there any plans to allow converting other styles in the future? Especially with hard to get styles at the cost of a style material? It's a little sad to learn these cool styles but to be constantly using dropped sets.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The model design of the final tier of Akaviri Greatswords and Swords are not what many players were expecting from the Akaviri Swords Motif. The Akaviri are renowned in TES for having Dai-katana and Katana styled swords, but the final tier models of this Motif do not properly represent this. They are modeled to look like many Greatswords and Swords currently in ESO, while they should look like Dai-katana and Katana blades. Is there any chance at this being resolved?
    Edited by Kuroinu on November 4, 2015 7:01PM
  • peculiar77b14_ESO
    peculiar77b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have to say, I was dismayed at this part of the last live stream (28): https://youtu.be/xs77EjlQIuw?t=1514 Because it sounds like Mr Miller is saying that none of the existing content is going to be iterated on. I understand that Orsinium bears are different from other bears, and that's great. I love that kind of subtle variety. It makes the world feel alive. What also makes the world feel alive is refining existing content. I'd love to see the existing bears get a couple of refining passes, too.

...and the monkey pet
    ...and the mounts
    ...and lots of other creatures that are done well, but still just don't move quite as convincingly as they could.

<question>
    The visuals are the most important part of a game, for me. I love that gameplay is constantly improved, content is regularly expanded, bugs are squashed, etc. and Miller's comment made me nervous to think that the existing visuals aren't going to get that same kind of iterative treatment going forward. We got a GREAT update to animation (facial, in particular) with TU, and I was really excited about that. Will we get to see similar improvements to existing animations, textures, lighting, etc. beyond just bug-fixes?
    </question>
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we can get 2-4 more character slots and the ability to rearrange our characters?
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    - Can eating spoiled food clear a food buff? There are times I'd like to check my stats without the artificial buff.
    - Currently we can convert armor and weapons and armor to the imperial style if we bought the imperial edition. Are there any plans to allow converting other styles in the future? Especially with hard to get styles at the cost of a style material? It's a little sad to learn these cool styles but to be constantly using dropped sets.

1. You can go into your character menu, locate the food buff, and actually remove it anytime you wish manually.
    2. Wouldn't count on it, but you're not the first to ask for this.
    I have to say, I was dismayed at this part of the last live stream (28): https://youtu.be/xs77EjlQIuw?t=1514 Because it sounds like Mr Miller is saying that none of the existing content is going to be iterated on. I understand that Orsinium bears are different from other bears, and that's great. I love that kind of subtle variety. It makes the world feel alive. What also makes the world feel alive is refining existing content. I'd love to see the existing bears get a couple of refining passes, too.

...and the monkey pet
    ...and the mounts
    ...and lots of other creatures that are done well, but still just don't move quite as convincingly as they could.

<question>
    The visuals are the most important part of a game, for me. I love that gameplay is constantly improved, content is regularly expanded, bugs are squashed, etc. and Miller's comment made me nervous to think that the existing visuals aren't going to get that same kind of iterative treatment going forward. We got a GREAT update to animation (facial, in particular) with TU, and I was really excited about that. Will we get to see similar improvements to existing animations, textures, lighting, etc. beyond just bug-fixes?
    </question>

The reason they don't intend to go back and fine tune everything is 1: Would consume way too much time and may end up happening again in the future, thus ultimately proving a huge waste of time, and 2: The primary reason being they do not wish to take away what people have already grown fond of. It's kind of like Runescape: I much prefer Classic over 2 and 3. 2 and 3 kind of ruined it for me...
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Some of us have multiple accounts. Will ESO ever allow us to link all our accounts into one. It would be so much nicer when it comes to CP, unlocks, achievements etc.
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    I would love to have a house like in Skyrim. One to be able to have a place to store items you plan on keeping like trophies and such. Would also be a nice addition to a game that is awesome by the way. It could even be an underground bungalow of sorts so there wouldn't have to be sub-divisions everywhere full of houses. I bet the majority of players out there would love to see this as well.
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have a house like in Skyrim. One to be able to have a place to store items you plan on keeping like trophies and such. Would also be a nice addition to a game that is awesome by the way. It could even be an underground bungalow of sorts so there wouldn't have to be sub-divisions everywhere full of houses. I bet the majority of players out there would love to see this as well.

I wouldn't count on player housing being like TESV homesteads. There will likely be similarities but there will be differences as well.
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    So when are we getting the Trinimac Motif? Seriously you guys made some of the best looking weapons in the game and we can't use them. The Vash Rahk need to all die so I can have my Trinimac Great sword.

Further are we going to see some of the cooler abilities humanoid mobs use in the future for player use? Couple examples of them would be the lightning AOE and cone that most thundercallers use, the Trinimac leap and power up, and the werewolf flurry attack.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    Why are all the items (armor, jewelry, ect..) that you get from defeating enemies and unlocking chest in Wrothgar Vet 15 instead of Vet 16?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do NOT like the new "Trinimac leap" leap -- to cartoon like and does not follow logic very well: How can a person goes through the ceiling with that move? The rest of the new skills are cool, but not Trinimac leap one.

Edited by k9mouse on November 5, 2015 10:28PM
This discussion has been closed.