The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask us anything we will pick up the questions that doesnt make us look stupid from the same 10 persons.
  • Hears-Ghosts
    Hears-Ghosts
    ✭✭
    Hi I was wondering if we can have the Sorc. ability Crystal Blast buffed to make it more competitive. As of right now its the most underused morph of Crystal Shard, and I cant help but feel that a Single-Target/AOE spamable ability is exactly what PVE Magicka Sorc.s need do to 20-30%of our skill-bars being being taken up by toggles. I would be happy to sacrifice stun for this morph to become more effective as a DPS tool.
    Edited by Hears-Ghosts on October 8, 2015 6:16PM
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they had ESO Live today but answered no questions? Really starting to think this whole thread is a waste of time. Should just delete it.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Was it intentional for the dye system to produce incorrect colors on Glass armor? Are we basically being told that even tho we earned those dyes, we can't have them on our awesome, expensive, shiny new armor? Yeah if you haven't already noticed, the colors on the dyes for Glass armor are all off.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK questions for the next one

1) Isn't a slowly increasing Champion point system a temporary solution. This may anger some of the people with 1000 or 2000 now who slaughter new people and bring the 200 or 300 CP people in line, but in a years time when the cap is 2000 wont you be in the same situation? Isn't there a better solution and isn't a lot of the issues caused by min/maxing and uber gear not just Champion points?

2) What plans do you have to combat the almighty Zerg in PvP spamming a single AOE and basically taking any skill out of PvP and the fact that these groups often exist because they can get more AP by running in circles spamming AOE's than they can actually playing the campaign?

3) Are Argonians every going to get the same health bonus as Nords and a fix on the crappy restore health, magic and Stamina when drinking a potion racial?

4) How close are we getting to scrapping VET levels and linked to this will you ever make Sky shards, Alliance War and achievements account wide so I don't have to take my next character through Cadwell Silver and Gold just for skill points?

5) Craghorn is a ghost town and its almost impossible to do the story arc now. Are there plans to make this solo player friendly and when the same happens to IC do you have any future plans for that?

6) I really liked the PACT story I could play it at my own speed, make choices, follow the quests. Will the new PvE DLC follow the same format, or will it follow the Cadwell SIlver and Gold where I am helping a faction I don't care about, complete mindless quests just to get the XP, Skill points and loot I need to compete in end game content?
    Edited by AshTal on September 25, 2015 11:38PM
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    Could we please have the option to remove the visuals for Bound Armor?

I notice it doesn't display if you are using a costume but I would like the option to be able to display my armor.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response UltimaJoe. However, I was actually talking about the armor from the ESO trailers, not the faction Telvar armor. They are shown here:

http://elderscrolls.net/2015/08/14/14326-tes-online-budushhee-magazina-tovarov-za-krony-patch-2-1-1/?from=eso-forum
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response UltimaJoe. However, I was actually talking about the armor from the ESO trailers, not the faction Telvar armor. They are shown here:

http://elderscrolls.net/2015/08/14/14326-tes-online-budushhee-magazina-tovarov-za-krony-patch-2-1-1/?from=eso-forum
  • Mr-jo-handsome
    What are your charchter names?
    Vr16 Nightblade
    VR13 Dragon knight
    Vr1 Templar
    10 Sorcerer
    10 Nightblade
    8 inch ***
  • dudenamedchris
    Character names don't seem to matter since it doesn't show the character names to other players
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Character names don't seem to matter since it doesn't show the character names to other players

Except when you craft equipment or join a guild.

That page doesn't really help (for me at least) since it lists a bunch of different things but hopefully someone can help you sort out your answer from that lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Text chat for consoles, is it coming? if not why not?

Bank space and champion points are account wide, will achievements, skyshards and alliance points ever be?

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Text chat for consoles, is it coming? if not why not?

Bank space and champion points are account wide, will achievements, skyshards and alliance points ever be?

CP being account-wide is actually what gives unfair advantage to low-level alts and thus results in so many complaints and cries for non-vet campaigns to be non-CP, which as stated by Rich, they shall be eventually.
  • Jodykya
    Jodykya
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there,

There are a number of adaptations I would love to see implemented into the game and was wondering if they are either being worked upon or thought about implementing later on at some point.
    - Achievements, I would really like to see these being account wide as apposed to being character specific.
    - Guild calendar/Event planner. To allow guilds that little bit more organisational help/social integration.
    - Guild store search options i.e. Item specific search box, filters for learned/none learned recipes/motives etc...
    - Armour/Weapon preview. Via either a (preferred) wardrobe function or a quick shift click of a link with a pop up box. Being able to see what my character will look like whilst wearing that particular item/crafted item before committing my materials, gold and time would make me a very happy crafter.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need to "re-ask" questions for each ESO Live episode to get them considered for response?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    Jodykya wrote: »
    Hi there,

There are a number of adaptations I would love to see implemented into the game and was wondering if they are either being worked upon or thought about implementing later on at some point.
    - Achievements, I would really like to see these being account wide as apposed to being character specific.
    - Guild calendar/Event planner. To allow guilds that little bit more organisational help/social integration.
    - Guild store search options i.e. Item specific search box, filters for learned/none learned recipes/motives etc...
    - Armour/Weapon preview. Via either a (preferred) wardrobe function or a quick shift click of a link with a pop up box. Being able to see what my character will look like whilst wearing that particular item/crafted item before committing my materials, gold and time would make me a very happy crafter.

I agree with all of these! (with all characters contributing to achievements such as slayer and trohy).

My questions:

Is any consideration being given to the following changes to dk skills:

Changing 'empowering chains' to a leap / teleport skill?

Changing 'molten weapons' (and morphs) to a "usable" excecute akin to sorcerer's 'mages' fury'. Or changing it to a unique excecute such as a magicka-based fire DoT skill similar to poison injection.

Many thanks!
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Q. Is there any appetite in ZOS to update the available control scheme on PS4 to assist with Vita Remote Play (swapping L1R1 with L2R2).
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    It is awesome that you guys do this, and I have a few questions.

1. So some of the animations in the game are kinda weird still. Mostly for me its just the sprinting one. It looks to me as if the sprinting animation is just a sped up version of the walking one. If it is, I do understand (I think) how much time, work, and energy that goes into each little detail of the game, but it would definitely be nice to have an animation that does not look like a robot with legs that act like pendulums. Any chance of this?

2. The gear in this game is mostly very good looking, but it is definitely lacking in variety and differences. When I look at almost any other MMO, there are hundreds of different gear styles of "motifs" as we say in this game. Total in ESO, there are only around 28 different styles each with light, medium, and heavy variations (some don't). This is really not very many, as this means there are only 28 different looks to choose from for any category? Are there many more motifs that are planned over time? Why did the game launch with so few craftable looks (only 27 total)?

3. Finally, some of the gear looks like it has no mesh to it at all. Especially the light armors look like they are painted onto the character model. This is obviously for performance reasons, but then the heavy armor at least has some of its own mesh. Are there any plans to change this?

Thanks
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert please change the trophy vaults so that you have one guaranteed jewellery piece and one random piece. You implemented the no-choice jewellery sets, now make sure your players get them. I am tired of opening willpower vaults and getting axes or staffs. Have done 4 or 5 now, never received anything but a weapon. I am tired of the rng game.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Do we need to "re-ask" questions for each ESO Live episode to get them considered for response?

No they won't answer anyways
  • Treasure_Goblin
    Treasure_Goblin
    ✭✭✭
    Will crafting abilities and horse stats ever be account shared? Why not?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The recent change which blocks banking of monster collectibles essential broke the associated achievements. Between the uneven drop rates, level restrictions, and limited or group-locked monsters, it is virtually impossible for a character to complete these achievements without being able to use the bank to transfer collectible found with an alt character.You started in the right direction when jackals were added to Craglorn. More of this type addition is needed. Adding a better description to items seems a better solution to addressing any player confusion between trophy collectibles and monster collectibles and the difference in console vs. PC implementation. What is the point in having achievements that have been rendered virtually unattainable and obsolete?
    Edited by Ourorboros on September 28, 2015 2:36AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

Except when you craft equipment or join a guild.

That page doesn't really help (for me at least) since it lists a bunch of different things but hopefully someone can help you sort out your answer from that lol

ZOS released a bunch of cgi trailers for the game. In the trailers, there were three main characters; one from each faction. The armor that they are wearing in these trailers is what I'm referring to. On that page they are the ones listed as "nord, Breton, altmer hero" at the top. I asked a question on ESO live a couple months ago about them and they showed the concept art for it and confirmed it would be in game at some point. Since then, we haven't seen or heard anything about it so I was curious. I always figured they'd release it with Imperial City given the cgi trailers being related.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will crafting abilities and horse stats ever be account shared? Why not?

Because these are all character specific?

"Horse stats" is actually character riding skill. Which means that since you aren't training the horse, it makes sense that the abilities one of your characters is something that another character automatically has.

With regaerds to crafting abilities? See the above. These are personal skills and passives that a particular character gains/unlocks. Why would they be shared between different people?

Bank space make sense, in the sharing sense, as it is a physical space that is independent of the character. CP being shared doesn't make sense, but ZOS has specified this as something to make levelling alts less arduous and painful. I wish this wasn't the case, but there it is. No need to make it worse by making other nonsensical things account-wide.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when will we see Vvardenfell and morrowind expansion in eso?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we see a stamina morph of Dragonknight's Lava Whip that scales off max stamina and weapon damage?
  • rowanwatkins3
    Has there been any thought or plan to bring in a form of mounted combat into the game?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering if there will ever be an official ESO API available to developers? Some things it might include:

- Feedback on current Cyrodiil map status
    - Leaderboards (So if you're going for emp, you're at work and notice someone catching up you can call in sick and go home)
    - Skills/Morphs (Will make it easier and more reliable for fan sites to create build generators with up-to-date abilities)
    - Quest locations
    - Allow an in-game user to generate a token, allowing the API to get basic character information. This will allow them to check trait research, riding training times, bit an ally status, and anything else that might take time.

Overall this could promote more community sites and make them more consistent with each other. It will also give you the security of knowing all the information is correct as it's coming from ESO itself, and doesn't rely on someone updating the stats manually.

The idea of being able to create a mobile app with live notifications of war status seems pretty damn cool too. The app could also provide handy things like notifying you when a research trait is done and you're not currently logged in.

Oh, and with the user generated token, this would obviously let them get more detailed information on the spells/morphs by checking out their stats, equipped weapons and level.

EDIT: For the love of God please use json instead of XML
    Edited by Alucardo on September 28, 2015 4:50AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I posted many questions over the last couple of weeks hoping for answers from the last live feed but was disappointed to find out it did not showcase this segment... In order to make sure my questions are not ignored for being posted too far back I will post a collaboration of them and some new ones here minus some that have already been answered. I hope they get looked at and at least some of them answered!

1. Every Crafting Skill can make items of varying quality except Alchemy. Will Alchemy ever take that step as well?
    2. How come we never got the ability to summon Flame and Frost Atronachs? For example I think Frost Atronach could be a more physically capable morph option for Summon Storm Atronach and Flame Atronach could be a morph option for Summon Winged Twilight instead of Summon Restoring Twilight. Likewise, will we get the chance to make Frost or Shock Runes as opposed to only Fire Runes?
    3. The Undaunted Skill Line seems to gain a little experience sometimes just from grinding in just about any dungeon, even Delves. Could you please tell us all the ways to gain Undaunted experience?
    4. I've always wanted to smack around more Daedric Princes than just Molag Bal. Any chance we will ever get this opportunity?
    5. Is rubberbanding (tieing a rubber band to your controller to keep a button pressed at all times, usually the attack button on consoles, to grind while away from the game so you can continue to level and gain champion points without actually playing the game) something that can be reported as a type of botting?
    6. Not so much a question but a suggestion if the above isn't a reportable offense in order to stop it: Make it so you cannot deliver back to back heavy attacks by keeping the button held down. If you have to release the button after the first heavy attack to do another rubberbanding will no longer be something anyone can do in this game!
    7. Will there ever be seperate equipment slots for Pickaxes, Woodcutting Axes, and Fishing Rods so we can actually get and equip some, ultimately providing a means of getting special ones that aid us in gathering/fishing?
    8. Any chance we can get something added into the game (perhaps an achievement?) that lets us know when we have discovered every single location in a region, like Auridon or Stonefalls for instance?
    9. Is it possible to get any dropped set item at VR16? (For example a VR16 item that's part of the Akaviri Dragonguard set) If not will it ever be possible?
    10. Can we ever hope to expect a way to keep trees from blocking our view? An option to fade the leaves at least whenever they are between the player and the camera would be nice...
    11. Any plans to add a 4th Skill Line to each class? I'm sure this would make many people happy!
    12. Is there anything in this game that can be permanently missed by a single character if not obtained at a specific point in the character's game and/or level progression?
    13. Will the bug associated with crouching to go into stealth that makes you suddenly get detected rather than go hidden when you aren't actually detected ever be fixed?
    14. Will we ever actually do anything with Achievement Points?
    15. What exactly does the Champion Skill known as "War Mount" do? The text is rather confusing and the assumption is all Stamina usage outside of combat is completely negated but is this true?
    16. Will Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild Skill Lines ever get a 5th Active Skill?
    17. Will Magelight ever become a duration buff rather than a toggle so it doesn't have to occupy 1 slot on both weapon bars?
    18. Will console players ever get the option to actually customize their button assignments, rather than swap between templates?
    19. Currently when a chest or gathering node is fully looted and vanishes it respawns after a set time. If the chest or node isn't fully looted though it remains as is until it is. Any chance of making it so the timer for respawning that usually initiates after the chest is fully looted is triggered upon picking the lock? For chests that have no lock perhaps give them one? Also any chance of making it so a gathering node begins its respawn timer upon taking the crafting material from it? That way people can't just leave the fishing bait and force the node to never respawn the crafting material.
    20. Any chance console players can have "Need a Guild?" added to Quick Chat?
    21. Do the Forum Mods and Admins have a way to see (without searching) if any posts have been edited after they last viewed them?
    22. Many gamers, myself included, are big on nostalgia. When I went to Skyrim I was hoping to hear some music similar to TESV: Skyrim, but it wasn't quite the same. Any chance we can get some alternate music added for each area as it was used in past TES games? It could also come with a setting in Options to either use that music or the original TESO: TU music when adventuring.
    23. Any chance we can get a single choice in Quick Chat where we can customize the message it sends? Just a small message we type in and can use to Quick Chat with, no emote necessary but I'm sure that would be a plus to some roleplayers lol
    24. Do the chances to catch rare fish really increase with more people fishing the same hole? Doesn't seem like it to me...
    25. How much headway have ya'll made in establishing a flawless Social System and how long do you think it will take to make it flawless?
    26. Are ya'll ever going to expand on existing Skill Lines? If so will you increase their level cap beyond 50/20/10/6 to do so?
    27. Any chance of ever getting a Voice Chat Channel's participant count to display without joining it?
    28. Can we expect Mounted and/or Underwater Combat to be implemented into the game at anytime in the future?
    29. Can you please increase the duration of Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern? It runs out halfway through the cooldown and it would be nice to be able to re-activate it sooner than later after it wears off.
    30. Any chance we can get the stackable item limit increased beyond 200?
    31. Aside from bar brawls as a possibility will we ever get any form of gambling in this game? An example is something like Vanity Pet Fighting (gives them a purpose other than following you around at least lol and since this kind of stuff is illegal in real life it could be held in Outlaw Refuges or risk getting a bounty or even busted by guards for holding the fights in public view) or Drinking games in Taverns.
    32. Can we get an increase to Mount Jumping Height as a Stable Training stat?
    33. What made Zenimax decide to use multiple player guilds and kiosks for in-game player marketing rather than a general market house of any sort that anyone can use and can access from any city? I know the global auction house concept is requested quite often but at the very least why did we not get this and use guilds for their traditional purpose, in which we also only join 1 per character/account?
    34. You guys are always telling us what you are working on as we ask about it or as you are doing it, but what about the things you are NOT working on? Can you name a few of those for us?

That's all for now. I will edit this post if I think of anymore along the line until the next Ask Us Anything segment in ESO Live is aired.

Devs please keep an eye on my post here every now and then so you can see when I update it with more questions. I am doing this to avoid getting spammy with posts and to keep tabs on what I've already asked lol

I have updated my list to remove answered questions so whatever remains is unanswered. I hope @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober , and/or @ZOS_JasonLeavey can address more of these in the future! :)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 6, 2015 12:40AM
  • keonimeyer
    Will weapon skill lines ever get ultimates?
This discussion has been closed.