Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    ..............That's such crap it's not even funny. Not everybody wants to use Rally, or string in a constant stream of heavy attacks (although I do anyway), let alone other things such as Animation Cancelling (which you have yet to address, ever) and-

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You guys know damn well there is a large number of things wrong with this game and yet you're still taking these itty witty baby steps in fixing them if you even decide to fix it.

I can live with the BS you're pulling with Uppercut, but I will be damned if you're going to sit there and tell me that Templars are fine for caster DPS and Stamina as a whole is ok.
    That is to say though that I do still think this game is fun and you guys are still better than 90% of the other companies and developers out there. Keep up the good work.

il_570xN.568020290_fx4x.jpg

No, not Bi-Polar. I think XD

No seriously I get angry easily but that's just a temper issue, not legit Bi-Polar. I've seen the face of Bi-Polar, it is scary.

In all seriousness the Devs do try and they do listen and if I could compare them to other games and show people just how much better these Devs are, I'd *** myself with joy.

To that end, I was going to edit my last post but instead I'll do that here:

My numbers for Uppercut are all rounded up and depending on the enemy do vary, but 600 seems to be lowest it'll go and 1k is easily the highest.

self-delusion.png
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn right I'm a lion
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..............That's such crap it's not even funny. Not everybody wants to use Rally, or string in a constant stream of heavy attacks (although I do anyway), let alone other things such as Animation Cancelling (which you have yet to address, ever) and-

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You guys know damn well there is a large number of things wrong with this game and yet you're still taking these itty witty baby steps in fixing them if you even decide to fix it.

I can live with the BS you're pulling with Uppercut, but I will be damned if you're going to sit there and tell me that Templars are fine for caster DPS and Stamina as a whole is ok.
    That is to say though that I do still think this game is fun and you guys are still better than 90% of the other companies and developers out there. Keep up the good work.

il_570xN.568020290_fx4x.jpg

You need to read up more on Bi-Polar. If Khivas in those 2 posts are bi-polar, then the real bi-polar would be batshit insane.

I'm happily paying my monthly fees to this game and I do enjoy it. It doesn't mean I can't be pissed off when they pull something like this.

Tell me, what purpose would that 2% increase serve?

The issue is with Uppercut, looking at a high overview compared to other skills/classes, is the poor induction-time/damage ratio. For something that costly (in stamina and time to complete and being in range/direction of your target), the damage is poor.

The fact that this skill should be the bread-n-butter for the 2H skill line, it's no less than insulting unless someone can rationalize that 2%.

Back to you, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Edited by Davadin on October 15, 2014 7:29PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I need to understand, something.

@Zenimax, ZoS are telling us, that. Vampire now r weak, let's change all to WW, that we have made it MUCH BETTER, no BALANCED, but MUCH. BETTER.

Now, instead of Vamp, PVP will be Only WW.

Now, let's change to Bow, since BOW has much more DPS damage now.

Sorcerers? People love to blame, and says that Sorcerers are OP, now it's nerfed (many skills), Why play with SORC, since we have NB + WW?, or DK+WW, much better.

Well, gonna be happy at PVP, now change it to DK, or NB (remember Bow Skills), and WW.

Well, it's Zenimax Balance! Good Job!

Ok.
    Edited by AelyinESO on October 15, 2014 7:44PM
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Removed the books “How the Kwama Lost His Shoes” and “The Totems of Hircine” from bookshelves around the world.

Why?
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »
    OK, I need to understand, something.

@Zenimax, ZoS are telling us, that. Vampire now r weak, let's change all to WW, that we have made it MUCH BETTER, no BALANCED, but MUCH. BETTER.

Now, instead of Vamp, PVP will be Only WW.

Now, let's change to Bow, since BOW has much more DPS damage now.

Sorcerers? People love to blame, and says that Sorcerers are OP, now it's nerfed (many skills), Why play with SORC, since we have NB + WW?, or DK+WW, much better.

Well, gonna be happy at PVP, now change it to DK, or NB (remember Bow Skills), and WW.

Well, it's Zenimax Balance! Good Job!

Ok.

Ima have to disagree on this one. Vampires are far from weak as of now, and after this patch still will still be strong, just more realistically viable instead of the be all end all. WW's on the other hand are merely being uplifted to be viable and worth the effort.

Needless to say ZoS sorely underestimated how many people wanted to be Werewolves and how many would flock to be Vampires.

Seems they never heard of Twilight or TruBlood.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will people that have chat bubbles enabled see whispers from other players? Will they be able to read other player's whispers?
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEUTSCHE PTS-PATCHNOTIZEN v1.5
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

OVERVIEW

[*] ...Momentum: This ability now gives a flat 20% bonus to power instead of increasing over time. This ability also heals you while it’s active, and the duration has been increased to 30 seconds.

The heal is great; however, the flat 20% bonus to power is actually very lack luster. Why? Any stamina 2-hander worth their own salt is already at or above weapon softcap. No true stamina build will see anything close to 20%. I would suggest adding 20% to 2H weapon skill damage (i.e. Flawless Dawnbreaker). Momentum in its current form is a greater buff to 2H magika builds. I do believe the point of this change is to help improve STAMINA builds. This skill still suffers from its current limitations.
    Edited by Warraxx on October 15, 2014 8:25PM
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf on pts

I played around with the werewolf and I can see some of the things that other people are mentioning in the forum here. The bleed not ticking quick enough on the first light attack, slow, clunky, unresponsive abilities, the waste of ultimate points gained in ww form, etc. I have a few likes and dislikes myself.

Piercing howl
    : I don't like piercing howl. I feel like the ability is useless. If I wanted to nock the enemy down. id use roar and a heavy attack. Id get my stamina back and a lil extra damage from the exploit. The damage piercing howl does is nothing to throw a party about. In the update notes it says that it would deal high damage. When really it does about 90 more damage than a light attack would in werewolf form(and that is just the light attack and not with the added first tick of disease damage that is suppose to be applied with the light attack.). You could do two to three light attacks in the same about of time to activate and go through the animation of piercing howl and do more then half the job of the ability. So what about the other part of the ability, the stun? Well like I said id use roar and the heavy attack to nock them down. Id say that is stun enough. How about the fact that its a ranged ability, that's good right? The range on this ability is not far at all. I think it was 5 meters. I might as well take a step and melee them. Werewolf does his damage up close and personal. He has no need for a single target ranged stun(with hardly any range) that barely does any damage. The morph that buffs your allies weapon damage is the only useful thing about piercing howl. The downside to that is that it relies on your allies activating the synergy. Otherwise its back to its useless self. Give us a different skill. A bite maybe that acts like executioner on the 2handed skill line. Or change piercing howl to bring back our attack speed buff, or to lower a targets armor. Maybe it could even mark them like marked target for the Night blade. Literally ANY THING is better than this ability... Id use soul trap from the soul magic skill line if possible in ww form over piercing howl.

Werewolf timer: I do like that a while ago you increased the time in werewolf form. Though I hate that it is still not enough. In prolonged fights, the ww form will end. Yeah, that's right. I wanna fight n my werewolf form from the beginning of a fight (with a named/ elite creature, boss, etc, particularly large group of enemies, etc.) till the end. I think we should do away with the timer. Zenimax is going to give us healing abilities for sustainability, lower the cool down on devour so that it possible (with enough corpses) to stay in ww form forever, and then still make us operate on a timer. Hmm. doesn't seem right. A timer makes me panic really. If we were looking for immersion and all that, then that flies out the window when your looking at a blue bar saying, "hey, say bye bye to wolfie if you don't stop what your doing and eat something." In combat , its just not smart to stop and eat something. Unless while you devour your either A: invincible or B: Have a pretty meaty damage reduction buff. If you don't want us to be a werewolf all the time then it should act like how it use to be before to get out of combat and get on your horse but in reverse.. if you get what I am saying. While in combat we don't have a timer or the timer is paused. When we leave combat the timer resumes, ticking down till we refill it with devour on the dead corpses we find/ created from the fight we were in or go into combat to pause it. If in combat and we wish to not be in form we can activate the ultimate again and change back. Spick and spam, that sounds like a dream come true. If we could have no timer at all, no limitations, id take activating the ultimate and being in form all day long. But I guess zenimax thinks that's OP. SO. Go then I ask, with my idea.

Ultimate cost: ill try to make this one short and sweet. You said you were gonna lower it. Alright, I trust you zenimax.. though I guess I shouldn't really fully trust you because I unsubscribed a while ago from disappointment and frustration with ESO as a werewolf pvper. My werewolf pvp guild crumbled as well. Came back only just this month out of curiosity for the changes that were said that would b made for werewolves and Eso. I would like to make a suggestion though on how much you need to lower it. You won't let us toggle it. You use to have it at 1000. Which looking back at that it makes me think what the... (insert an angry sailor cussing and we all know a sailor knows more cusses than anybody really knows exist.) Now its 400. I think it needs to be lower. Some feel its just right. Some may even say that its ok if you use the medium armor werewolf reduction set, then its at like 276. No. Unacceptable. What needs to be done, is that set of armor needs a different set bonus. Secondly the werewolf ultimate needs to be on par with the other ultimates. So we are talkin like 100-200. If you decide to go lower than 100, hey, ill take that as well. Ideally, I would want to change at will. I guess though the only pack leader to do that is the werewolf guy that assist you in your werewolf quest. (im a little jealous of that guy and I kinda wish hircine didn't favor him so much. grrrr....)

passive/buffs out of form: I was going to argue that we need some sort of buff outside of ww form but I read some post and found out that we have a 15% bonus stamina regen. I nod to that but think we should also get a bonus to our heal regeneration as well just to acknowledge we are supernatural humans. Even if its only a lowsy 1% bonus heal regeneration, I would say good freakin job zenimax. You are thnking about us and not favoring vampires with the passive they have already all the time when it comes to regeneration of resources. which if im not wrong, they have bonus regen in all of them...

All in all, I like that we are getting attention. Though it will not quench my desire for a perfected WW. Not an OP WW but a perfected Werewolf.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on October 15, 2014 8:38PM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually take the time to test this out on the PTS if I could use my current character (without exp/item gain) rather than having to start a brand new level 1...
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Oh ZOS, here is a question on the Werewolf form timer. Why do the Bosmer NPCs that are in WW form not have a timer? How about the lvl 42 spawn WW that we get the bite from, they are in form the whole time they spawn? Point is that the timer is really dumb. Get rid of the timer, and when the Justice System comes out, make WW form KOS if in a city.
    Options
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Monsters
    [*] The following monsters are now immune to crowd control effects:
    • Daedroths
    • Liches
    • Trolls
    • Watchers
    • Wispmothers

Are these still affected by knockback?

Yes you can't knock them back or move them in any way found that out on trolls yesterday pissed me off to no end.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are scaling those solo instances -- you really, really need to allow the option for grouping for those of us who are unable to defeat at level. There are thousands of us out there who get frustrated at not being able to get into Cadwell's Silver.
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say ZoS sorely underestimated how many people wanted to be Werewolves and how many would flock to be Vampires.

There were a lot more WW in the beginning - I'd say it was pretty even in fact. But many of them got cured b/c they weren't happy with it - especially when stamina builds were so lacking anyway. Perhaps that will be changing now.

Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

OVERVIEW

[*] ...Momentum: This ability now gives a flat 20% bonus to power instead of increasing over time. This ability also heals you while it’s active, and the duration has been increased to 30 seconds.

The heal is great; however, the flat 20% bonus to power is actually very lack luster. Why? Any stamina 2-hander worth their own salt is already at or above weapon softcap. No true stamina build will see anything close to 20%. I would suggest adding 20% to 2H weapon skill damage (i.e. Flawless Dawnbreaker). Momentum in its current form is a greater buff to 2H magika builds. I do believe the point of this change is to help improve STAMINA builds. This skill still suffers from its current limitations.

"There are no soft caps..."
    That should be everyone's thinking when evaluating balance or ability changes because there will be no soft-caps in champion system.
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Kind of interesting, I love that they made it this way for lore reasons however I can just see it now... when this goes live... everyone and their sister is going to running through what Dwemer ruins are actually in the game... which ain't many. Gonna be funny, I guess if you need the Dwemer Constructs destroyer achievement... just wait... lol... you'll get it with this update for sure.

^^
    Even before this announcement, I thought the amount of dwemer ruins in the game seemed rather low compared to past Elder Scrolls games. And it's a shame because I think they are done really well in ESO, and are way more interesting and visually appealing than the delves and caves. I have wanted to see more dwemer stuff since the beginning. This new motif is just an added reason why I'd love to see a bit more dwemer content in the game.

Not sure about EP content, but I've played through both DC and AD, and it seemed that the only time I saw a decent amount of dwemer was in the Fighters Guild quest line. Can a player revisit those Fighters Guild ruins after completing the quest? I don't know - don't think I've ever tried to go back.
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

OVERVIEW

"There are no soft caps..."
    That should be everyone's thinking when evaluating balance or ability changes because there will be no soft-caps in champion system.

matrix_no_spoon.jpg
    Oh, here I thought this update was to balance stam/magika now not next freaking year.
    Options
  • Khipu
    Khipu
    ✭✭✭
    PTS

Tested the crafting quests today...a little; hard to do them all since it was mind numbing, as I've mastered all crafts, perhaps.

Problems: (I'm EP, VR14, Imperial Templar, this character; Maxed Clothier)
    So, I picked up the quest from Craglorn. Went to Davon's Watch as directed. Saw the arrow indicator toward the Mages Guild; however, I wanted to go to the Fighter's Guild to test the Clothier Quest first.

a: As I traveled through town the compass pointer disappeared completely as I passed the NPC Riurik. Eventually, I opened my map and it was still indicted there, but as I approached, the Quest NPC still had no indicator. Sorry, I've been a long away from Davon's Watch.
    O.o

b: I took the quest to get certified in Cloth. Three jute plants had their indicators. I picked the first. Went to the second and my toon continued in a loop picking the jute. I let her go and in approximately 30 seconds she quit. Recieved no raw jute and the node command "collect' greyed permenantly. Went to the third and picked as normal, but the quest completed; saying, I'd collected 8/10. Which, in fact, is not complete.
    I continued and received my certification, learning you must turn in simply what they ask. Apparently they don't appreciate a finer piece and would not take my sturdy gloves, improved....hmmmpf!

c: Next, I went to the mages guild to pick up the enchanting certification. As I traveled, I noticed the compass indicated the NPC was (below), when in fact he was (above) from my location in the front of the building.

d: As I received the quest, I looked on my map to find the rune node's location. It took me way too long to find them because the exit to take indicated on the compass was the incorrect route. Also, there were no arrows on top the runes like were on top the jute plants, so I missed that they were there, all along, in the tiny space behind Crow's Wood.

These may seem small, compared; however, I learned from early access, too many people got annoyed with such things and wouldn't work their way around and just scream "OMGITSBUGGEDOMGICANTFINISHMYQUESTOMG!"
    Sejreia-Efeliel-Olympias-Emerald Ire-Asifi Kare-Skips~on~Starfire-Everbloom-Sugrahdun-Elsreia-Ceruval
    PC NA
    MMORPG:2004-2019
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty. - @Cundu_Ertur
    “Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” ― Walt Whitman
    Options
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of interesting, I love that they made it this way for lore reasons however I can just see it now... when this goes live... everyone and their sister is going to running through what Dwemer ruins are actually in the game... which ain't many. Gonna be funny, I guess if you need the Dwemer Constructs destroyer achievement... just wait... lol... you'll get it with this update for sure.

^^
    Even before this announcement, I thought the amount of dwemer ruins in the game seemed rather low compared to past Elder Scrolls games. And it's a shame because I think they are done really well in ESO, and are way more interesting and visually appealing than the delves and caves. I have wanted to see more dwemer stuff since the beginning. This new motif is just an added reason why I'd love to see a bit more dwemer content in the game.

Not sure about EP content, but I've played through both DC and AD, and it seemed that the only time I saw a decent amount of dwemer was in the Fighters Guild quest line. Can a player revisit those Fighters Guild ruins after completing the quest? I don't know - don't think I've ever tried to go back.

Sadly, no. you can't revisit them because you take NPC portals to them. you can only go back to the forge.
    Options
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    Monsters
    [*] The following monsters are now immune to crowd control effects:
    • Daedroths
    • Liches
    • Trolls
    • Watchers
    • Wispmothers

Are these still affected by knockback?

Yes you can't knock them back or move them in any way found that out on trolls yesterday pissed me off to no end.

lame
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

OVERVIEW

You have to remember everybody does not have the same build as everybody else. I am 2H stamina nightblade that uses leeching strikes which debuffs my attack by 22% attack power but it allows me to get back 3% stamina and magicka with a 10% chance to get 15% stamina and magicka while using light and heavy attacks.This 20% bounus power is a blessing because it counters this debuff so it is not lack luster for me.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Last night in pvp I was regulary hit for 2k with bow with 2k armor its hitting way to hard on live servers.. Last night i was dropped almost instantly with 2 back to back hits... 2090 and 1750 ...There are already 134532145 archers in pvp they do not need buffs.... please test these changes and send feedback guys...

What I see happening here is people using heavy armour in PvP to stop being killed quickly with bows.

Of course DK's wont need to, reflective scales means they can still roll with their light armour as bows do nothing.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LONG WALL INC!

Some nice changes but some are just not cool, and some of the patch notes don't correlate to whats actually in-game. Listing them all that I have found, mainly skills because those are my main concern.

Two Handed:

--Cleave changes feedback:--

Can tell you right off the bat that it still cannot "compete" with impulse. Impulse still listed to do more damage with same amount of resources, still cannot be blocked (at least there is no patch note saying that changed) and another problem I will post in the impulse section.

The bleed on cleave does not make cleave do any competitive damage with impulse. no one is going to cleave once then just wait until the dot wears off. thats 10 seconds to deal about 40% more that cleaves base hit. 10 seconds of not doing anything. Meanwhile people hit impulse multiple times, because the base hit even with elemental ring is stronger than the dot. its actually made to be better with rapid use.

Cleave is not, and will not do equal damage with impulse with these changes. Impulse not being able to be blocked is the primary reason, and means they are always doing close to the listed damage depending on resisted (and glitch manipulation) in 360 aoe, while cleave will not even get close to the damage impulse can do even when not blocked in a cone angle.

I also do not see why carve's ultimate bonus was reduced before the removal of aoe caps. i can see doing it WHEN aoe caps get removed, but not before. premature nerf.

--Critical Charge change feedback--

Im all for the immobilization being removed from stampede. I was for removing myself in one of my 2h weapon feedback posts. I don't think the 10% reduced base damage of critical charge was needed tho. Stampede is nice as a 60% snare for 5 seconds, but the change really didn't warrant a 10% drop in damage.

But, there is a slight problem with Critical rushes "buff".

"Critical Rush (Critical Charge morph): Increased the ranged damage bonus for this ability to 68%."

I was happy when I saw that, meaning critical charge would be buffed while the un-morphed and stampeed damage would be reduced... however:

jInDzxj.jpg

What you see here is that its bonus damage is actually LIMITED to 68%, not increased by 68%. Not a buff. I also tested the damage dealable by critical charge after this, and ... not a buff.

--Momentum changes feedback--

This is probably the actual only big buf with the 2h line.

For starters ive read what other people have said, and no, momentum does not increase damage dealt by 20%, it increases weapon damage by 20%. That is not the same thing and is not NEARLY as big of an increase so stop acting like it is. Its really not much different from the old momentum. That one went passed 20% actually, in 2% intervals every 2 seconds of the ability, it just didn't last as long.

Now, the added hot and duration to it make it an awesome part of any 2h users arsenal. if anything the survivability of 2h users has increased. Rally especially is good.

I have used tested rally it goes by what the tooltip says properly. At the end, the heal is listed low, 99 for me. It increases the longer rally is active, and will instant heal you for that amount if you use the ability again any time during the buffs duration. meaning if you use it 2 seconds in you'll get healed for maybe 120, but if you use it 9 seconds in you get healed for ~300 or some. I have gotten healed for 724 at max, at duration end and that is awesome.

I still think the forward momentum morph should change to remove a snare and immobility every 2 seconds of activation to make that one more attractive.

--Reverse slice change feedback--

Far better than it was before, thats all I have to say. The base skill would still be meh to use in pvp with either morph.

--Uppercut changes feedback--

Now.... seriously? 2% increased damage and 12% reduced cast time. This can only tell me how reluctant the person behind skills is to make any changes to this skill. now, the new .8 second cast time would have been openly welcome, but changes made to its similar skill from another weapon automatically make this change not enough. it needs to get down to .6 seconds, .7 at the most.

2% increase is just plain insulting. What I see is trying not to make its damage go higher than snipes damage. For PvE, thats all well and dandy, but when you get to pvp a melee skill cannot do the same, or less in this matter, than a ranged. Once again I see some people trying to factor in all the nifty bonuses and buffs they threw in there, without looking at them obviously. Bow has its buffs too, and they are passive, so that nullifies that.

And then there is the attempt to relate sneak attack damages by throwing in some pve references. PvE is so whatever. In PvP, against another player, the sneak attack multipliers are the same for snipe and uppercut. But since snipe is always with the same gear and stamina listed as more damage than uppercut, it will do more damage with a sneak attack than uppercut. This has already been tested by me and hundreds of players. My lethal arrows can do 1.4k and I can barely break 1.3k with uppercut from a stealth crit. That gives 0 incentive to ever try to sneak attack someone with a sword. Zero.

The idea of bow losing its stealth bonus is good, but I for one think Bow in pvp should have a base damage reduction modifier towards players period. This will not affect PvE whatsoever, but it is needed for pvp.

The attack SHOULD have a higher, much higher, base increase than 2% at the very least. 15% would have made much more sense, or maybe 12% which the cast time reduction got. but 2% is just a waste of time to type all the data into the computer to change anything.

On a positive note, I am happy with the change to dizzying swing. Tho, something needs to be done about wrecking blow now especially since I have bugged it to not be increasing the damage of the next attack properly. But back to a negative feedback, dizzying swing still needs to start the damage reduction after the stun of the attack ends. The same thing needed was added to Bombardment for 1.5:

"Bombard (Arrow Spray morph): This ability now applies a snare after the immobilize ends."

Dizzying swing needs the same thing done to the damage reduction started after the stun ends, not while the target is stunned. The target is already dealing 0 damage to you while its on the ground, same as the target is already not able to move while snared.

Another thing about uppercut as a whole is that this skill shouldn't be interruptible by interrupt abilities (bash, venom arrow). You can't do it to NPC's so I don't see why it should be doable to players. Its not even a spell.

--Arcane fighter replacement feedback-- would be good if it did what the patch notes says:

"Replaced the Arcane Fighter passive with Follow Up. This will increase your damage by 5%/10% for 7 seconds after activating a fully charged heavy attack."

That I would have approved of. It is much better than just increasing the damage of heavy attacks by 5/10%. But, follow-u in-game is:
    L45o0Ol.jpg

Different, yes? That is actually crappy and a huge nerf to 2h. Thats not worth the unblocked damage you'll be receiving to charge up a full heavy attack, plus the risk of being cc'd while you do it. That is the main reason why uppercuts cast time was unacceptable in the first place. People already do not do very many heavy attacks with melee weapons for those obvious reasons.

--Heavy Weapons change feedback

The quicker bleed damage for great axes is good but the actual bleed damage still should be a bit higher. I still don't see how great axes bleed would be better than the now and much needed improved 20% armor pen from mauls or 5% increased damage from greatswords. I'm thinking it should be 75% of weapon damage over 6 seconds. That will also scale in an obvious manner easy to calculate manner.

--Forceful change feedback--

I'm going to roll with it for now... but, I still think it should be a block mitigation penetrator instead.

Destruction Staff

--Impulse change feedback--

This one is first because you missed this patch note change in-game.

"Impulse: Reduced the radius of this ability to 6 meters from 8 meters."

However, Impulse in-game:
    ukFnzeq.jpg

Notice it still says 8 meters on it. This was the only actual skill change in the destruction staff line that wasn't meant as a bug fix, but it didn't seem to get done.

Also its still not changed to be blockable. That is the major thing that will fix this skill's balance with other skills (tho it is not the only unblockable skill that needs to be made blockable).

Bow

Yes, I have my VR14 Bow of hundings rage I use to get easy kills in cyrodil.

So. Everything else done to bow, fine with. But snipe is just not cool. 1.1 second cast time skill that does very similar damage related melee skill at 43(+7) meter range is an overbuff. It didn't need another cast time reduction, or at the very least shouldn't go past 1.5 seconds. I already have no problems with the 1.8 cast time it has on live. The damage it deals for its cast time and range is too high. There is also no minimum range now. It also does even more damage because of the range damage bonus from the trait, also added that the required range is shorter so that all bow skills can receive this bonus. That's 12% more damage, which is not 12% more weapon damage but 12% more skill damage, added to the attack at passive.

There isn't enough of a cast time OR damage difference between the two skills uppercut and snipe. The 5% reduced damage from the change finally makes its listed damage to be lower than uppercut's, but there is still no risk, as others have stated, at all in using a bow. No incentive to sneak attack with that melee weapon because the bow can and will do it faster and harder from a safe distance. Its not enough of a damage drop change its function, especially since you can just shoot it faster and get more snipes per second now. Burst damage dropping by 5% is nothing compared to the greatly increased sustained damage of it.

Sneak attack crits with bows on live are already off the chain. I know this, as a bow user. As others suggested, maybe bow shouldn't get a sneak attack crit bonus, or just snipe since it is just WAY too easy.

--Volley continued feedback--

Well maybe not everything else is hunky dory. The buff to volley is welcome, but it still has that hidden cast time in it and is not really instant. From the time the area circle disappears when you select the area to the attack actually starting to hit something is a little over a second. First there is winding up your bow, thats like snipes new cast time right there. then there is the wait after you release the arrows into the air. That is really far from "instant".

A good argument may be for the sake of realism, but it makes the skill clunky and hard to use. At the very least stop making the tooltip deceiving us to believe the attack is instant, because it isn't.

One hand/Shield

Overall for 1h/sh I feel I would be able to make use of more 1h-sh abilities instead of just having shielded assault or invasion on my bar!

--Shield bash changes feedback--

First off, I think the base cost of this skill is too high for its effects when you are outside of pvp. Against a stunable NPC its good to take them out of the fight for a good long time, but its almost always a waste of stamina against a player.

Which brings up Reverberating bash changes. This one is actually not a waste of stamina against a player anymore because of the healing reduction. its also a good change since low slash was changed to reduce all damage dealt at base instead of having to morph to deep slash. It was also unfair and unworthy that reverberating bash use to only reduce weapon damage. That was quite useless.

Powerslam probably wouldn't be either but I feel its damage isn't high enough to take over the new reverberating bash. I think the damage should have been increased rather than the stun be made longer.

--Low slash changes feedback--

Making it reduce damage dealt by 15% at base was a great change.

Deep slash is good too now that it hits 3 targets but would have been nice if the patch notes said the 2 other targets receive less damage, but thats cool. It now serves as a triple snare and damage reducer with nice damage to the initial target.

--Shielded Assault change feedback--

The re-applying shield change is cool, but I never really even noticed it didn't re apply in the first place. So... thanks :smile:

And thats all I have... for now.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on October 15, 2014 11:30PM
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^

@curlyqloub14_ESO The dwemer built most of their homes in Skyrim, Hammerfell and Morrowind. So it makes since why there not that many in most of the places in Tamriel. Most Dwemer ruins are in Hammerfell in this game which is why there are several ruins in the Alikyr Dessert and one in southern Bankorai. There also some in Deshawn area in Morrowind also are some in the skyrim areas.
    The only reason I believe there one in Valenwood is because the fighters guild quest line. Technically it is not even there because lore.

The reason why there is not a lot of dwemer ruins like the past games is because the past games gave the whole providence to explore while this game did not give all of the certain providences that have dwemer ruins. Like the Island of Vvardenfell from elder scrolls 3 morrowind and skyrim from elder scrolls 5. There is also known to be plenty in the providence of Hammerfell which for right now we have the top part of the Alikyr dessert, the little bit of Bankorai, and craglorn. There still more areas for dwemer can be so look forward into the future of this game.
    Options
  • jgc471980
    jgc471980
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! We're editing the original post to include some missing patch notes from this build (including a couple werewolf notes you all were waiting for). They include the following:

Dungeon Scaling
    • The following group content will now scale:
      • Group Dungeons
      • Veteran Dungeons
    • The following group content does not scale:
      • Delves
      • Craglorn Delves
      • Overland Content
      • Public Dungeons
      • Trials

Solo Scaling
    • The following solo content will now scale:
      • Main Quest
      • Fighters Guild
      • Mages Guild
      • Stirk
      • Werewolf Quest
      • Vampire Quest
      • Thizzrini Arena
      • Orrery of Elden Root
      • Cathedral of the Golden Path in Southpoint

Combat & Gameplay
    World
    • Werewolf
      • Negative effects, such as Disorient, will no longer affect you while transforming, and you will no longer lose your built-up Ultimate as a result.
      • Devour: This ability will no longer be interrupted by taking damage.

[/list][/list]

What about the duration increase for werewolves can we have a look at this which we discussed in the werewolf thread?

1: make killing and devour add something minimum like 3 minutes to the form
    Options
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually take the time to test this out on the PTS if I could use my current character (without exp/item gain) rather than having to start a brand new level 1...

You can. They copied all the character data over at the beginning of the month. You can also start a brand new Vet14 character if you want; they have a template for that.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
    Options
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    Solo Scaling
    • The following solo content will now scale:
      • Main Quest
      • Fighters Guild
      • Mages Guild
      • Stirk
      • Werewolf Quest
      • Vampire Quest
      • Thizzrini Arena
      • Orrery of Elden Root
      • Cathedral of the Golden Path in Southpoint

Nooooo, please don't scale the solo content, at least for the main quest! There were several places in the main questline that were seriously kicking my butt at level. Some were difficult even at 5 levels over suggested level. (I'm thinking especially of the final encounter in Castle of the Worm.)
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
    Options
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    ZOS, when you said Uppercut damage is buffed by 2%, was that a typo and did you actually mean 20%? That would make a lot more sense I think.

And this too. What the hell do you think 2% is going to do? That is a drop in a bucket floating in a god damn ocean.

They did 2 things with it, while 2 % isn't much the reduced cast time also increased its DPS. consider if dps was 100, 2% more brings you to 102, now as the old uppercut was 100 /1 second you would be still at 100 dps. With the new one you are at 102 / .88 seconds (based off of the 12 % reduction they said), this in theory brings your dps up to 115.9. It is a bonus on top of the increased cast speed ( ~ 16% increase to dps for the skill in general).
    Options
  • GrooverGabe
    GrooverGabe
    ✭✭
    While a lot of the se things are overdue its nice to see them finalyy happen ...its almost like it'll be a new game once its done
    Options