Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Werewolves are just the same as anyone else in human form in fact, weaker because of poison vulnerability.
    Ok, using the same logic, Vampires are just the same as anyone else in fact, even weaker because of Fire vulnerability which is encountered far more often than poison AND a reduction to Health regen.
    And are clearly obvious when transformed. No need.
    And just as Werewolves are clearly obvious when they use their ability, Vampires are clearly obvious when they use theirs. But then that's not the point of making them glow is it? The glow makes Vampires stand out when they are not using their abilities so people can kill them before they use their ability. And if that is the case then it would make even more sense to make Werewolves glow since unlike Vampires there are no visual clues to tell who is a Werewolf and who is not.

The passive states "Allows Fighters Guild abilities that affect Undead and Daedric enemies to also affect Werewolves." So the bottom line is, right or wrong, whether you believe it is needed or not, that unless you can argue that Vampires are not Undead then the ability to make them glow should also work on Werewolves with this passive.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »
    With the changes to bleed ticks applying instantly...the werewolf transformation is now the most powerful ultimate in the game.

The lowered time is a fair trade.

I must disagree, I counted my current werewolf time with a stopwatch (transformation time omitted), and I got about 32 seconds. ZOS, if you could give us somewhere in the ballpark of 45 seconds with devour restoring the same percentage of the time that it does now, many of us werewolves would appreciate it. I seem to recall that the original werewolf duration was somewhere around 45 seconds, maybe that was just me, if it wasn't just me there was no need to change this.

An alternative to bumping up everyone's werewolf counter to 45 seconds, for people who are concerned with the werewolves actually becoming TOO powerful, is to make good on the one promise that we werewolves were given by @Castle that you have not followed through on. It's probably the least important change that @Castle promised us, but it may just fix this little issue we are having. To Quote Castle:
    Castle wrote: »
    • "The Pack Leader Morph will add to the "Werewolf" counter for the Werewolf and any Werewolf allies nearby instead of adding Ultimate."
    I noticed that the tool tip in the pack leader morph currently says something in the direction of what Castle promised:
    Allies nearby add 4 to their Werewolf Timer whenever Ultimate is rewarded.
    ...but the Pack Leader himself recieves no benefits for selecting his morph. Having some kind of self buff is essential for pack leader to be viable, especially since the benefit it provides is now exclusive to werewolves. I would therefore suggest, ZOS, that you modify the Pack Leader morph so that it also provides its user with a longer werewolf duration. This will not only allow pack leaders to start off with a longer duration, but it will also allow them to store up more werewolf time by devouring corpses after a battle.

I would say that it's even a flavorful buff. In comparison to the berserker who, as a berserker, should need to keep his bloodrush going to remain transformed, shouldn't the pack leader be more stable and be more able to maintain his form between battles? Giving the pack leaders a 50% or so buff to their werewolf timer would certainly represent this difference between the two.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, sorry to pick on you guys so much, but I appreciate how you two have been listening. Is there any way you could tell us whether or not such a change could be a possibility? I have good faith that you two are passing the player feedback onto the devs, and obviously you don't have time to respond directly to every concern that is raised on the PTS forums. That said, I am sure many of us werewolves agree that we want our ultimate to be performing optimally when it drops onto the live server, and any information that you can provide would be very helpful. Thank You.

I have changed my mind since I made that comment.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    Ragespell wrote: »
    Really?? how about fixing the insanely high CPU usage?? the game is almost unplayable and you just keep adding more crap!! fix what is wrong before adding stuff!
    i run the game on high with 50+ fps and ive personally never had CPU usage issues, and i have a 4 year old rig.
    but i may just be lucky, what are your specs? perhaps it would be a simple fix to boost your rigs output with a slight upgrade or perhaps download razer cortex, it shuts down un needed programs and services when you run a game.
    thanks for the suggestion will give it a try!!!!
    My specs are:
    GA990fxa-ud3
    Amd 8-core 4.0
    32 gigs gskill ripjaws (graphic design)_
    GA HD 7870 2gb graphics
    2tb hdd

you should be getting at least 45-50 fps on high possibly ultra with AA off, id say update your GPU drivers and possibly run cortex and you should run like a dream (accept in PvP nobody runs like a dream in PvP lol)

No. He should be getting constant 60 FPS on Ultra with AA On.

i did say at least lol
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please turn some of you attention to the upcoming werewolf updates thread. I know some the comments may be a bit childish, but it's pretty clear that many werewolves are upset with the werewolf time reduction.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129277/upcoming-werewolf-changes/p15

I know you are probably writing up the 1.5.1 patch notes, and I know I might have to repost my most recent comments there, but if you are listening, please do not ignore what these people are saying. We do not want to be the overpowered demographic of players, we just want to play PvP too, like everyone else and have a fair chance.
    Options
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonstar Arena
    Ability altering weapon enchantments now also include stats!
    Cleave: Weapon Damage
    Puncture: Max Health
    Twin Slashes: Weapon Damage
    Poison Arrow: Max Health
    Destructive Touch: Max Magicka
    Grand Healing: Max Magicka

Why is this not a 1.48 patch? With this change the new Ability Altering weapons you can get from the last boss in DSA Veteran is gonna be useless.
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    To all people who said that the "Ultimate" werewolf form is the most powerfull since 1.5, think just about one little thing :
    Other ultimates can give a 200-300 DPS and WW more, yes, BUT when you launch your "normal" ultimate you can play around with your skill to make an even better DPS, it is a bonus to your normal skills DPS. In WW form, you are just stuck with your previous health/stamina/magicka and a new skill bar.To make it simple, you have just "swapped weapon" and you can't even launch normal ultimate like OPswarm or Banner of lol to help you.

FORTUNATLY that the werewolf "Ultimate" is better in DPS than a normal ultimate because it is not in fact an Ultimate !
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all people who said that the "Ultimate" werewolf form is the most powerfull since 1.5, think just about one little thing :
    Other ultimates can give a 200-300 DPS and WW more, yes, BUT when you launch your "normal" ultimate you can play around with your skill to make an even better DPS, it is a bonus to your normal skills DPS. In WW form, you are just stuck with your previous health/stamina/magicka and a new skill bar.To make it simple, you have just "swapped weapon" and you can't even launch normal ultimate like OPswarm or Banner of lol to help you.

FORTUNATLY that the werewolf "Ultimate" is better in DPS than a normal ultimate because it is not in fact an Ultimate !

So Overload is also not an Ultimate then.

Gotcha.
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Varicite : I see what you mean but Overload does not consum your magicka/stamina, it helps you regenerate, so in a sense, it increase your overall DPS. Werewolf doesn't, it's just a simple costly weapon swap to do less DPS than in human form (actually).
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
    Options
  • DyingBreed
    Neizir wrote: »
    That's alot of patch notes!

Yes but still can't fix the Guild bank let a WoW employee come over for a few minutes so they can show you how to make stuff stack in a guild bank and yes iI know we have add ons that can do that but should we have to pay 60-80 bucks plus 15 bucks a month to have add ons to fix BROKEN CONTENT.That is the reason so many people are leaving is all the stupid stuff that is broke and not getting fixed most of the stuff in the patch notes should have been in the game the day it came out,but we just got the beta version for that 68-80 bucks have to keep on paying that 15 bucks to see the real game.But i could give a !@#$ less because it is my last 15 bucks.
    Options
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @Varicite : I see what you mean but Overload does not consum your magicka/stamina, it helps you regenerate, so in a sense, it increase your overall DPS. Werewolf doesn't, it's just a simple costly weapon swap to do less DPS than in human form (actually).

I just added WW to one of my lower lvl DK alts, so not much experience with it, however, from all the posts I read, it seems logical to make WW work just like OVERLOAD which I think is an awesome concept. Maybe vamps should work like OVERLOAD, too.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
    Options
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    i still say they let WW keep the ultimate gained while in WW form, and im really digging the idea of scaling the ww timer to the amount of ultimate it costs affects the duration in form.

Edit: and to say the least im impressed by this video, i count 6 seconds for the new OP bow skills and 4 seconds for the new 1.5 WW form.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEE8doFTBA
    Edited by ryu40010b14_ESO on October 25, 2014 7:02AM
    Options
  • DlSTORTlON
    DlSTORTlON
    ✭✭✭
    DEUTSCHE PTS-PATCHNOTIZEN v1.5
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

Veteran Rank Improvements
    • We have been tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank on accounts in preparation for the Champion System. Veteran Ranks are now earned by Experience Points instead of Veteran Points. From this moment on, Veteran Points shall be banished from the land of Tamriel. When a Veteran Rank is earned, you will be rewarded with an Attribute Point and a Skill Point.
    • Reduced the amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina rewarded on a Veteran Rank gain by 35% to compensate for the new Attribute Points rewarded.
    • It takes 1,432,550 Experience Points to gain a Veteran Rank. We expect this to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank.

Apologies if already asked/answered but I don't plan on reading through 402 comments when there is valuable PvP to play:

Will these skill/attribute points be awarded retrospectively to characters already past VR1? (looking for confirmation)

When did tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank begin and what, if any, limit is there to accumulated champion system points we can prepare? (apart for the skill points; is there a reason to level up other characters in a hurry?)

Many thanks in advance.
    Edited by DlSTORTlON on October 25, 2014 11:47AM
    ZOS - proving that incompetence is rewarded more often than not since 2007

Elder Scrolls Online - Designed by geniuses, implemented by Mr. Bean
    Options
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    DlSTORTlON wrote: »
    DEUTSCHE PTS-PATCHNOTIZEN v1.5
    Notes de version PTS 1.5

Veteran Rank Improvements
    • We have been tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank on accounts in preparation for the Champion System. Veteran Ranks are now earned by Experience Points instead of Veteran Points. From this moment on, Veteran Points shall be banished from the land of Tamriel. When a Veteran Rank is earned, you will be rewarded with an Attribute Point and a Skill Point.
    • Reduced the amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina rewarded on a Veteran Rank gain by 35% to compensate for the new Attribute Points rewarded.
    • It takes 1,432,550 Experience Points to gain a Veteran Rank. We expect this to greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to gain a Veteran Rank.

Apologies if already asked/answered but I don't plan on reading through 402 comments when there is valuable PvP to play:

Will these skill/attribute points be awarded retrospectively to characters already past VR1? (looking for confirmation)

When did tracking Experience gains past maximum Veteran Rank begin and what, if any, limit is there to accumulated champion system points we can prepare? (apart for the skill points; is there a reason to level up other characters in a hurry?)

Many thanks in advance.
    1. ZOS stated in previous interviews that attribute points are retroactive upon 1.5
    2. they also stated that Champion points will be awarded retroactively as well according to veteran ranks gained.

hope this helped :)
    Options
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    After extensive testing ive come to an epiphany, 1 thing can make WW more viable and make many people happy.

Give WW one active ability as a human, "Raging Barrage" a stamina based ability that allows you to increase atk speed by 15-25% for 5-10 secs and each hit grants 5-10 ultimate.

it would allow you to effectively recharge your WW in PvP and PvE boss battles

i also think that Ultimate should be returned after combat but thats pretty much a global request ;P

also a new passive perhaps called "Gorge" that has 2 ranks, 1st rank would allow you to overcharge the timer by Devouring up to 45 sec and the 2nd rank up to 60 sec.

not sure if all this has been requested before but i felt it may help.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    [this is a re post from another thread]
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136628/werewolf-1-5-1-changes-review/p4
    Edited by ryu40010b14_ESO on October 26, 2014 7:58AM
    Options
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    crap, well after speaking in the other threads its just not possible for the raging barrage not to be exploited for other ultimate abilities.
    so i say perhaps take the redundant and slow heal from diseased claws and have it return 4-5 seconds of timer per use, in a rotation it would allow you to fight for a prolonged period.
    Options
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    This is bogus because no matter how many times I try this method it does not work. No where does it say "download" nor am I notified/prompt to download anything.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    RazielDERF wrote: »
    How is the hell do you even join this server? I cant ever get 1.5! I activated what I needed on the settings but nothing happens!
    @RazielDERF‌ in the Launcher Settings (the cog in the far top-right, not the Game Options) check the box marked "Show Public Test Environment".
    Then, a new entry will appear in the launcher under the regular game called "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)". Click on this, and you will be able to Install and Update as you do for the normal server. If this is your first time on PTS, you will need to download the PTS client data, which is another ~30GB download requiring ~50GB for installation, like the main game. Note that the copy-paste-rename trick that you can use to switch between NA and EU servers does not work for PTS.

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is bogus because no matter how many times I try this method it does not work. No where does it say "download" nor am I notified/prompt to download anything.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    How is the hell do you even join this server? I cant ever get 1.5! I activated what I needed on the settings but nothing happens!
    @RazielDERF‌ in the Launcher Settings (the cog in the far top-right, not the Game Options) check the box marked "Show Public Test Environment".
    Then, a new entry will appear in the launcher under the regular game called "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)". Click on this, and you will be able to Install and Update as you do for the normal server. If this is your first time on PTS, you will need to download the PTS client data, which is another ~30GB download requiring ~50GB for installation, like the main game. Note that the copy-paste-rename trick that you can use to switch between NA and EU servers does not work for PTS.
    @RazielDERF‌ I don't appreciate being called bogus when I have only tried to help. Do you play on Mac? Maybe the steps to download PTS are different on Mac. I'll list the steps for Windows again, with numbers, then perhaps you can explain which particular step is not working for you?
    1. Open Launcher Settings (the cog in the far top-right, not the Game Options)
    2. Scroll down and check the box marked "Show Public Test Environment"
    3. Click Apply
    4. "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)" will appear on the left
    5. Click on this, and you will be able to Install and Update as you do for the normal server

Edit: Here's a video with the steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jP77p3OSZM
    Edited by Enodoc on November 3, 2014 1:58PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still say they let WW keep the ultimate gained while in WW form, and im really digging the idea of scaling the ww timer to the amount of ultimate it costs affects the duration in form.

Edit: and to say the least im impressed by this video, i count 6 seconds for the new OP bow skills and 4 seconds for the new 1.5 WW form.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJEE8doFTBA

Not impressed, bow is still more powerful and from range, not to mention all the pre buffs the ww had to do to even get that measly dps.

Don't even bother comparing to Destro staff/Sorc single target dps both will be blown away.
    Options
  • DarioZ
    DarioZ
    ✭✭
    About:
    • Improved the fit of the following armor pieces on character models:
      • Breton Heavy armor elbow pads

Anything on Nord Style Light Armor elbow pads?
    Options
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    When you say facial animations for OSX are coming soon just how soon do you mean?
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the but one of the things I pointed out didn't make it, and they re-introduced the weapon swap stealth break bug. They just put out those notes that don't match the tooltips in-game... /facepalm.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on November 3, 2014 11:47PM
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tipsy247 wrote: »
    When you say facial animations for OSX are coming soon just how soon do you mean?

"soon"
    Options
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    All the complaning about bow. You need go full stamina and medium armor to make it even worthwile. Let me guess DK get destroyed now if being focused by more then 1 ppl snipe him? No more permanent never die mode?
    Options