The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    So, I am assuming that since I have run through every Dwemer ruin in the PTS server and came up empty for the new Motif or any of the singular "pages" that these are very rare to find... lol. Is the new motif Legendary? What about the "lost chapters", what are they blue or purple or are they also gold (legendary)?

Yeah it's legendary and the pages are purple.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried creating a delve and with no template. Neither character will load. My NA character will load fine.
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Dear god please remove buffs for people out of cyrodiil otherwise factions are still going to claim buff servers for PVE and if you dare touch anything on it get ready for it to pop lock with AD having a heart attack over their dragonstar buffs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE PVP BUFFS FROM PVE!!!!!!!!! Otherwise it wont do you a lick of good by no longer having buffs transfer between servers. FFS ZOS DO YOU EVEN ESO!?
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Also why the *** are you nerfing Stampede? Seriously Zos, do you even ESO?
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Self Deleted Drunk Angry Rage
    Edited by Blackthorn51 on October 14, 2014 2:36PM
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe im saying this but after reading patch notes you've still somehow found a way to make stamina builds even less viable. Way to *** go ZOS. Way to *** go.

Calm yo *** son. They said there would be some nerfs people wouldn't understand to stamina abilities because they are in preparation for Champion system.

They literally said they would be throwing in a bunch of buffs and hoping they wouldn't get too much of exactly this kind of response from you and others.

There will be passives in champ system that roll immobilize into snaring abilities.
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear god please remove buffs for people out of cyrodiil otherwise factions are still going to claim buff servers for PVE and if you dare touch anything on it get ready for it to pop lock with AD having a heart attack over their dragonstar buffs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMOVE PVP BUFFS FROM PVE!!!!!!!!! Otherwise it wont do you a lick of good by no longer having buffs transfer between servers. FFS ZOS DO YOU EVEN ESO!?

This. Localizing camp buffs for pvp only will at best put a bandaid on a gushing wound. When we have literally dozens of impulse batmonkeys swarming the first sign a keep lights up because they need that 5% crit or whatever for their arenas or trials, that becomes problematic for not only the native population of the enemy faction but of the allied faction as well. Instead of getting a balanced fight it turns into a massive mess that can only be mitigated by another massive mess. To give you an example of how bonkers the enemy goes over their buffs, let me cite an example:

Haderus EP seized the scroll of Chim and secured it in its temple. AD was not happy about that. So unhappy several staple batmonkeys formerly native to Thornblade MOVED SERVERS and homed on Haderus. They managed to take KC keep and tried to steal OUR scroll. A 30+ some odd raid supported by 5-6 notorious batmonkeys spent roughly 4+ hours trying to steamroll 20+ EP defenders along with guards. To be honest they tried various approaches from being tactical about it to just running in spamming batswarm and impulse. They failed and only succeeded after most EP had faceplanted from exhaustion later that night. When we take a keep, they lose buffs. When we take more keeps, they lose more buffs until it reaches a critical mass.

Allowing these buffs to persist outside of Cyro only incentivizes horrid behavior.

Also the FC change might be confusing but rank 6 isn't THAT hard to get in all honesty. This was done to curb the plague of trollcamping, though simply adding a <placed by *name*> under the camp tooltip would be an even better solution.

Also WEREWOLF! I don't know how hard this would be to program but it would be funny to have an ability that does fatalities similar to Skyrim ww where you could either pounce and maul someone's face off, grab them and toss them aside, bite their throats out, or my favorite: grab them by the throat and keep squeezing until their head pops off with the most satisfying wet crunch ever.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I do want to say that I thought there was some exaggeration during ESO Live about the update notes size. Whew.

Some of the Undaunted stuff does not make sense:
    Non-veteran Pledges become available at level 45, and Veteran Pledges unlock at Veteran Rank 1.
    With only 6 levels of non-veteran play, why bother with non-veteran Pledges at all?
    Keys
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since (most) costumes will no longer be tradeble, is this not the case if it's on same account? I gave all my costumes to my alt because i needed bank/inv space. Can i still share them back to my main character or are theey lost to him after this update?

Also, great patch notes. I don't like the 30% reduced heal for vampire, but i was thinking of getting the other morph anyway, Also lots of changed for bow and other skills. Do we get a free respec, because not all appeal to me now.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    pleased with all of this. good work in bug identifying and squashing for Devs and the reporting community :)

• ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What of the werewolf glitch that occurs when trying to transform (I can reproduce it by simply attacking while hitting the transform ultimate) Where your arms get stuck out at your side and you move in slow motion and literally cant do anything until you relog/transform again or die.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Would REALLY like to see Poison Arrow's DoT component being unable to crit get addressed before this patch goes live.

You guys at ZoS have done so much for the ability and in promoting the usage of Poison Injection as opposed to everyone rolling Venom Arrow. This bug is the one thing standing in the way of people using Poison Arrow for its DoT rather than its spam capability.

It's long overdue for a fix. Fix it so it can crit, and people will start to see the potential in the DoT component of the ability, and in the Poison Injection particularly.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of changes. Kudos to your dev team for their effort.
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, bows are now way OP.. lol so zeni wants a gameplay of hide & seek? all having bows, everyone sneaking waiting for someone to stand, and booom! 1 shot dead! even now bow user can 1shot players. anyway, this is on PTS only, i hope they make up their minds before putting this on live..
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
    Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
    Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
    youtube channel: tagaparti
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested on PTS

Two Hander
    1. Arcane Fighter being removed and replaced with an absolutely awful Passive. This was a big nerf to 2 hander in my opinion. Arcane Fighter allowed 2 hander to have a pretty decent chance to apply a healing debuff.. and was far more damage over time then the new Passive is.

2. Momentum is a fairly decent hot for stamina users...People leveling up with 2 hander will actually probably like 2 hander now.. as you get a Decent Damage Shield + hot now in the line.

3. Dizzying Swing feels a lot better with 2 hander...the new 0.8 cast time makes it far more reasonable to use.

4. I dislike the Stampede Nerf, but only because I'm a DK who used it to follow up Flame Whip. I imagine other classes wouldn't mind as much.

Two hander in general feels a lot better on PTS playwise, But you really should reverse the Arcane Fighter Change.

Bow
    1. I like the Change to Poison Arrow, Makes Poison Injection pretty interesting now.
    2. I'm going to be honest...Lethal Arrow doesn't need a 1.1 Second Cast Time....I like killing people with Bow..but a 1.1 second Cast time Lethal Arrow is an overbuff...Please Revert this Change.

1 Handed/Shield
    1. Love the Deep Slash Changes....
    2. Power Bash getting a Heal Debuff is really nice..Actually makes me want to use that ability now..

LISTEN TO THIS MAN ZENIMAX.

AMEN.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great, so now enemy archers will be even MORE op???
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no non-group PVE dailies that one can do at one's leisure I see, just more forced-group dailies (like there weren't enough of those already).

/sigh

Seems my account cancellation is going to take effect on Nov. 3.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on October 14, 2014 6:54AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group content being added to a multiplayer game.. How shocking...
    Edited by AngryNord on October 14, 2014 6:58AM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested on PTS

Two Hander
    1. Arcane Fighter being removed and replaced with an absolutely awful Passive. This was a big nerf to 2 hander in my opinion. Arcane Fighter allowed 2 hander to have a pretty decent chance to apply a healing debuff.. and was far more damage over time then the new Passive is.

2. Momentum is a fairly decent hot for stamina users...People leveling up with 2 hander will actually probably like 2 hander now.. as you get a Decent Damage Shield + hot now in the line.

3. Dizzying Swing feels a lot better with 2 hander...the new 0.8 cast time makes it far more reasonable to use.

4. I dislike the Stampede Nerf, but only because I'm a DK who used it to follow up Flame Whip. I imagine other classes wouldn't mind as much.

Two hander in general feels a lot better on PTS playwise, But you really should reverse the Arcane Fighter Change.

Bow
    1. I like the Change to Poison Arrow, Makes Poison Injection pretty interesting now.
    2. I'm going to be honest...Lethal Arrow doesn't need a 1.1 Second Cast Time....I like killing people with Bow..but a 1.1 second Cast time Lethal Arrow is an overbuff...Please Revert this Change.

1 Handed/Shield
    1. Love the Deep Slash Changes....
    2. Power Bash getting a Heal Debuff is really nice..Actually makes me want to use that ability now..

LISTEN TO THIS MAN ZENIMAX.

AMEN.

They are probably going to make it a perk of the chamipon system so that every body will have access to it. Plus it is not a nerf for somebody who do not even use status enchantments on 2H. Never felt like I was doing enough damage anyway. Also plenty of people complain about this passive not being that effective. So it going to be change anyway.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I usually just do lethal arrow followed by a charged heavy attack then venom arrow light attack combo. After the patch I can fire a lethal arrow followed by a second one before the first hits. It's to much damage.
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭
    Lesson learned, just gather enough baddies on the forum to share your tears and ZOS will follow suit.

This is the most aweful display of incompetence regarding PvP balancing I`ve experienced in quite a while.

In what world would any serious person responsible for PvP balancing let a buff to an ability that is long ranged, can be fired from stealth and does 2k+ damage let through? I play PvP since almost 20 years, this is just... aweful. Bows are ruining PvP!

And you really buff the strongest damage ability in the game?! Seriously? Just compare its cost and output to uppercut (melee) from 2h tree. Snipe should be far less effective since it can be fired from comfy range. Don`t you doublecheck on corelations to other abilities?

Players must have the chance to react and perform counter play. I`m seriously doubting any of you developers play PvP in your own game.

There has to be risk - reward. A long range burst skill must be treated with extreme caution, not buffed through the roof.

You are losing any credibility in my books, ZOS. Get some serious PvP players on the balancing team or at least some developers who have a clue, thank you.

As it is on the test server only right now I would suggest testing it and giving viable information with data that could show why it might be to strong. It appears like they are trying to change it so it has sustain and weakend the burst a little bit. This lowers the original shot by about 100 damage (off of a 2k opener), then the question would be would the reduction in time allow them to get in to many extra attacks before players can reach them. As when you start to get in range Isn't the normal course of action light attack weaving with poison injection?

Test it, show that it is doing to much damage then you might have a more likely case in convincing them to weaken it some, this is typically a better way then basically calling them an idiot ;) .
    Edited by Nihil on October 14, 2014 7:38AM
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    This buff to bows makes no sense. Neither was Snipe "underused" nor too weak. There's no need to promote more of these low-skill playstyles like 3-shotting people from stealth, zerging up with Bat Swarm, (I noticed the nerf to the one morph) heal-spam and Impulse, etc.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A technical question - now that VPs are removed, has the XP reward from quests at Vet Ranks changed?

To clarify - every quest rewarded XP anyway, this was just converted into VP when you hit 50. For example:
    A quest reward of 6534 XP was converted to 1520 VP at VR1, or 6080 VP at VR 4. Does this quest still reward 6534 XP at every Vet Rank, or has that been changed?

Secondly - location discovery always rewarded XP, but at Vet Ranks this meant nothing as XP was not relevant, and these values were not converted to VP. Does location discovery at Vet Ranks still grant XP, and therefore now go towards progression?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no non-group PVE dailies that one can do at one's leisure I see, just more forced-group dailies (like there weren't enough of those already).

/sigh

Seems my account cancellation is going to take effect on Nov. 3.
    Crafting writs are non-group PvE dailies.

However I would also like to see them introduce some soloable Fighters/Mages Guild dailies in the future.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    GwaynLoki wrote: »
    This buff to bows makes no sense. Neither was Snipe "underused" nor too weak. There's no need to promote more of these low-skill playstyles like 3-shotting people from stealth, zerging up with Bat Swarm, (I noticed the nerf to the one morph) heal-spam and Impulse, etc.
    Snipe got a buff and a nerf as well. The Burst got nerfed with the 5% less DMG. Therefor the casttime was reduced to 1.1 second.
    It is clear, that ZOS goal is to make Snipe the anytime Skill for DMG and Poison Arrow an additional DOT Skill used every 8 seconds.

Overall I think, the best would be that Bows don't get stealth BonusDMG. Just like Spells don`t get them.

@ZOS
    Even with the 5% DMG reduction, Snipe will hit for ~1.800DMG out of stealth followed by another 800 Snipe and an Instant Light Attack of 400 DMG as well as a 400DMG Venom Arrow.

Thats around 3.400 DMG dealt in round about 2-3 seconds to the target.

With removing Stealth BonusDMG to Bows the DMG would be reduced to 2.400DMG in a perfect weave, makes it still powerfull but not a garanteed, feeled 1 Hitkill for the victim.
    Edited by Kego on October 14, 2014 9:33AM
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I missed it, but there doesn't seem to be a fix for the game showing wrong weapon and armor equipped? Or maybe it's just the outfitter addons that mess with the game.

But however, YAY for stamina builds!
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    No removal of AoE cap?...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    No removal of AoE cap?...

Guess they didn't want the remaining PvP'ers rage quitting...
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Micanet wrote: »
    Wow, this is surely a long list of great new things.

But since I use most of my time in PVP I noticed the most idiotic improvement I have ever seen:
    Alliance War
    General
    You now need to be at least Alliance Rank 6 to purchase Forward Camps.
    What the #@¤% is this - I play alot on the nonvet campaign, now i wont play with new comers anymore becuase they now leech my very hard earned APs, and yes, to you who plays on the normal servers, nonvet is a low populated server so the APs are not easy to get. Most keeps get repaired for gold, since there is not enough AP to do this.
    - With this update you will achieve a Rank dominated world - The one thing that will happen is "Ahh you are to low level to play with us, go away and come back when you can be used for something good"
    - If you want to do something with the camps, make them work for groups, so you keep the leeches out of the camps or make them go away.
    - Must then admit if there where no camps on Nonvet i dont think a keep would ever change owner with the V5 NPCs

Well enough said, if this is a new update then you can close the nonvet server, cause you just made it impossible to play.

Buy a camp on a higher leveled character that you've PvP'ed with on the normal campaigns that is at least rank 6 in the alliance war. Then put that camp in your bank, get back on your low level and pull that camp out of the bank, voila, your low level now has a camp.
  • springbound
    Dungeon leveling - ok so for folks that hold off on solo dungons at their level because it is too hard - they will always be too hard now because they level up to your level no matter what? No on off button like vet? This is a problem for some folks - folks have different skill levels and now you are saying to heck with that folks that aren't great ? Find someone to do it with or to hell with the dungeons for you?