The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    One problem with a patch this big is it will be impossible for the player base to test all of those changes. Add to that the reduced time that our characters will be available.

In an ESO Live episode it was said it would be about two weeks. Do you have any date set for when the EU load will wipe the NA characters so we all know how much time we have with our Live characters?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read it and what about block casting or armor abuse ??????????

Not entirely sure what armor abuse is referring to, but the block casting is something we talked about during our Guild Summit and covered during our latest ESO Live, too. It is something we're exploring options to, but any changes will very likely be after Update 5.

Armor abuse as in players in light armor using the heavy armor skill immoveable without even wearing one piece of heavy armor. Which i really confused about cause armor passive skills need you to wear at least one piece of armor. Like you need a bow to use bow skills a 2 handed weapon to use 2 handed skills so why can we use armor skills with out even wearing 1 piece of the armor? This is also another reason PvP is " imbalance " sure every one been seeing all the light armor players using immoveable to negate the stun attacks.

thats NOT armor abuse, how do you expect people (especially nightblades) to be able to defend themselves from stuns and knockdowns?
    that skill is not avused and is available to everyone, it costs a huge amount of stamina to use by the way.
    light armor also has a skill everyone can use
    medium armor also has a skill every one can use also.

So here's a question then if it's not abuse. What's the point of heavy armor then if it's skill can replace it and cause every one to completely ignore an entire armor class cause they can use it while not using heavy armor?
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Ranks are now earned by Experience Points instead of Veteran Points. From this moment on, Veteran Points shall be banished from the land of Tamriel. When a Veteran Rank is earned, you will be rewarded with an Attribute Point and a Skill Point.

Does that mean we'll receive the appropriate amount of atts and skill points according to our Vet Ranks, retroactive at the time 1.5 hits live servers?

They copied over NA server Live characters for you to test with (for a limited time) so you can see the affect it will have. Attribute points have been refunded to you and you will need to reapply them. You receive 1 point for each level, VR14 would refund 63 points.

I would have to assume that is how it will happen on Live.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned, just gather enough baddies on the forum to share your tears and ZOS will follow suit.

This is the most aweful display of incompetence regarding PvP balancing I`ve experienced in quite a while.

In what world would any serious person responsible for PvP balancing let a buff to an ability that is long ranged, can be fired from stealth and does 2k+ damage let through? I play PvP since almost 20 years, this is just... aweful. Bows are ruining PvP!

And you really buff the strongest damage ability in the game?! Seriously? Just compare its cost and output to uppercut (melee) from 2h tree. Snipe should be far less effective since it can be fired from comfy range. Don`t you doublecheck on corelations to other abilities?

Players must have the chance to react and perform counter play. I`m seriously doubting any of you developers play PvP in your own game.

There has to be risk - reward. A long range burst skill must be treated with extreme caution, not buffed through the roof.

You are losing any credibility in my books, ZOS. Get some serious PvP players on the balancing team or at least some developers who have a clue, thank you.

Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 13, 2014 11:28PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    Summary: Tweaked some over/underpower skills, bug fixes, added some RP stuff, and a PvE area.
    We should make that the new Overview. :p

Evil Hunter: This ability now highlights vampire player characters in Cyrodiil.

does it also highlight werewolves if the passive is taken?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I am assuming that since I have run through every Dwemer ruin in the PTS server and came up empty for the new Motif or any of the singular "pages" that these are very rare to find... lol. Is the new motif Legendary? What about the "lost chapters", what are they blue or purple or are they also gold (legendary)?
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    In what world would any serious person responsible for PvP balancing let a buff to an ability that is long ranged, can be fired from stealth and does 2k+ damage let through? I play PvP since almost 20 years, this is just... aweful. Bows are ruining PvP!

And you really buff the strongest damage ability in the game?! Seriously? Just compare its cost and output to uppercut (melee) from 2h tree. Snipe should be far less effective since it can be fired from comfy range.
    ^^This.

Plus, the PvP-specific bow gives a bonus to range. Getting sniped in one or two shots, at range, from stealth. How is a player (the victim) supposed to respond? How *can* a player respond? With the magic of animation cancelling (something else the developers refuse to address), you're dead before you know which direction the attack is coming from.

That's not PvP. The 'v' is missing. There's no "versus" when you get sniped at range from stealth and never have the chance to defend or confront your attacker.

Bows are so overpowered in PvP, players have started circulating the unsupported rumor that a developer uses a bow when playing on live to explain how/why the development team can ignore such a huge imbalance. That's how bad it's gotten.

Archers getting *buffed* is just asinine.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    finally got some time to post a long post... that essay took forever:(

the change that I do not agree with is the alliance rank 6 requirement.......
    why ZOS?? what is your intended purpose??? low level/new players already get effortlessly executed by high level vets,now you are making them more useless????

I wish all the low level players, at this point, luck, because you WILL need it. yall wont get much AP from the "normal" servers because all those people that grinded to VR14 in 3 days in craglorn will just execute you easily. blackwater blade is definitely going to be hard to earn AP in because of the VR5 NPCs combined with players, making keeps near uncapturable(I get only about 10K AP per day in BB.... and I do reasonably well in it, how are players that don't do well going to get AP?) with this new ridiculous change to FCs, all the elitists out there will have yet another reason not to invite newer players to a group, so those newer players cant actually earn the AP to buy the camps in the first place.

ZOS, all you have to do is make camps only useable by players in that group. You don't have to keep making the weak weaker, just put one... simple... fix... into the game.... that's all you guys have to do. if y'all can redo thousands of dialogue lines for lip syncing... surely y'all can make this one simple change I have suggested, to FCs. I am not the only one who has suggested this change.

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem started the Undaunted stuff and acquiring the first goal. Still need to find a group though.

Also got certified in all the crafts. The crafting writs will make things lots more interesting.
  • kazeweaver
    kazeweaver
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf! Aroooooooooo!
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Shield dyes? Did I mention that every tank or person who uses a shield is waiting for shield dyes?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you really buff the strongest damage ability in the game?! Seriously? Just compare its cost and output to uppercut (melee) from 2h tree. Snipe should be far less effective since it can be fired from comfy range.
    ^^This.

Bows are so overpowered in PvP, players have started circulating the unsupported rumor that a developer uses a bow when playing on live to explain how/why the development team can ignore such a huge imbalance. That's how bad it's gotten.

By players shield-stacking, spamming streak/swarm, talons/standard, impulse-spam etc etc? Sure. Can't have a counter to that cheese can we? I play both kinds of cheese and think it's much of a muchness. I don't have a problem with bow skills (though it's one skill people whine about). The bugs are way more concerning.

The Rank6 requirement for FCs is the strangest PvP change. I'm all for nerfing FCs but this change is not a solution. At all. That's a random, meaningless change for the sake of change.

• xChewtoyx
    xChewtoyx
    ✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Some ridiculous nerfs to certain skills (i.e. harness magicka) and absolutely ridiculous buffs to bows which are already overpowered. GG zos. You have listened only to the NB QQ on these forums rather than realising what the majority of your playerbase think / want.

Very nearly through with this game. Twinned with the exceptionally terrible performance in Cyrodiil these changes are likely going to ruin the game for me.

Hahahaha. Harness nerf and Devouring Swarm nerf = crying Sorcs.

Beautiful. No more facerolling, eh? Too bad. Either move on or adapt. As much as I agree with some other posts of yours, this post is absolutely hilarious.

Devouring swarm is a Vampire ability so I have no idea why I as a Sorc should cry about it.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm noticing a lot of 20 hour timers. What's the chance that the current 24 hour timers will be changed to the much more player friendly 20 hour timer, like hireling timers? This is important. It's been suggested by myself and I'm sure quite a few others since beta.
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of this stuff is great, but holy cow why are you buffing bows?

Bows can already two shot people. Now they are going to one shot people with a dot that will take care of those few that escape.

Are you kidding me.
    Venatus
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why all of the 2H nerfs?
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Templar is officially PVE only now. Harnessed Magicka was the only thing keeping me afloat as far as magicka management goes in PVP. This is pending how the new annulment actually functions in PVP.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 14, 2014 2:26AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xChewtoyx wrote: »
    Garion wrote: »
    Some ridiculous nerfs to certain skills (i.e. harness magicka) and absolutely ridiculous buffs to bows which are already overpowered. GG zos. You have listened only to the NB QQ on these forums rather than realising what the majority of your playerbase think / want.

Very nearly through with this game. Twinned with the exceptionally terrible performance in Cyrodiil these changes are likely going to ruin the game for me.

Hahahaha. Harness nerf and Devouring Swarm nerf = crying Sorcs.

Beautiful. No more facerolling, eh? Too bad. Either move on or adapt. As much as I agree with some other posts of yours, this post is absolutely hilarious.

Devouring swarm is a Vampire ability so I have no idea why I as a Sorc should cry about it.

Sorcs would turn on Harness Magicka and then spam bolt streak to pop in, pop swarm, then bolt around as people hopelessly shot at them then run away once a majority of the group was dead or dying.
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Why all of the 2H nerfs?

lolwut? 2H Nerfs? What in the lord's good name are you talking about? That entire thing is one giant buff.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited for these werewolf changes! Will have to try it out again, I think it will still need work and would be nice to see some humanoid passives/skills. I think to make WWs more stamina balanced they should be given CC immunity for the entire duration, but just my opinion.
    Keep up the great work zos :D
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why all of the 2H nerfs?

Well for me it's buffing my 2H tank build with rally able to heal more now and i think some of them are buffs but my opinion. But i think it's cause of the carve skill it gives 3 ulti for each enemy hit so some one just spam the hell out of it for insta-ulti plus stamped was just non-stop spamming in PvP so stamped plus carve and other broken skills would have gave the player insta-ultis like say oh i don't know bat swarm. But that's my tin-foil hat theory.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why all of the 2H nerfs?

Please go a research hospital and have your brain looked at.
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for ruining Stampede....thought you were trying to encourage two handed weapon use. Decided to go the other way I suppose. Bad call as now it doesn't work with my setup without the immobilize, way to screw over DKs by nerfing an ability that was not even overpowered.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran Ranks are now earned by Experience Points instead of Veteran Points. From this moment on, Veteran Points shall be banished from the land of Tamriel. When a Veteran Rank is earned, you will be rewarded with an Attribute Point and a Skill Point.

Does that mean we'll receive the appropriate amount of atts and skill points according to our Vet Ranks, retroactive at the time 1.5 hits live servers?

I had the same question. But then I read this right after:
    Reduced the amount of Health, Magicka, and Stamina rewarded on a Veteran Rank gain by 35% to compensate for the new Attribute Points rewarded.

Which means, I gather, that to make it retroactive and award the skill/attribute points, your H/M/S values would all have to be recalculated from VR1 using the new gain reduction.

So that's something to look at on our char snapshots on the PTS and see if they're doing anything like that. If they DON'T do this, then current VR14 players will have a permanent advantage over people now entering the Veteran ranks. Or whatever it's going to be called....
    Edited by Srugzal on October 14, 2014 3:09AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vynn wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining Stampede....thought you were trying to encourage two handed weapon use. Decided to go the other way I suppose. Bad call as now it doesn't work with my setup without the immobilize, way to screw over DKs by nerfing an ability that was not even overpowered.

Yeh, as far as PVP goes, there is no reason to use two-hander now. None of the other "buffs" impact that at all. Why would I want to charge someone to slow them down.

Though two-hander will be a lot of fun in PVE now.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 14, 2014 3:12AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the only thing that's annoying me is that almost no changes are made to PvP. In my opinion that's the best part of ESO. I know the imperial city is coming in and the justice system eventually but I would like to see more changed along the way such as adding in small content I don't want to throw out all my ideas but I think a punishment of dying would be nice and removing forward camps would help, adding a dueling system somehow and adding a way to get daedric artifacts in PvP or adding trial like things in PvP. Just some ideas of mine, I just think more updates in cyrodiil would be nice, my ideas might be complete crap but just throwing it out there.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a bow sometimes in PvP so I tested the shortened cast time for snipe...

Wow!

Maybe stay with the new animation and shorter cast times for close range, but at a reduced damage.... Keeping the 2K hits for long range targets that are on keeps that frequently move around and are more difficult to hit.
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    Add-Ons

All of my Add-Ons show out of date and some are returning multiple errors, I did not see anything in the notes about any API changes, are there any? The Add-Ons Settings window is blank, normally I have 6 listed there. This will be the first time I have used Add-Ons on the PTS, is this normal or should they work as they do on live?
    API version on PTS is 100010, on live server it is 100009. It means that all addons will be marked as out of date.
    You can change APIVersion in the addon manifest (.txt file), but it will just suppress out of date warning.

Add-Ons Settings is blank because of changes in the structure of options menu which is not supported by current version of LibAddonMenu-2.0. It should be simple to fix, but I'm currently unable to login to the PTS, so I can tell for sure. For now you can try change code in LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua as I have suggested in comments to that library: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=7#comments
    Edited by Garkin on October 14, 2014 3:51AM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Ilven
    Ilven
    I am not convinced that the changes made to the werewolf make it playable.
    The cost of ultimate is still too high, especially compared to other.
    The bulk of the damage inflicted are bleeding from 10s, I doubt that inflict a tick from about 38 damage per second for 10 seconds makes us dangerous, but rather will make us ridiculous compared to other skills that inflict instant 800 + damage (see crystal fragment for example)
    Hircine's Bounty, how nice a cure sinned which is based on magika.
    Infectious Claws, usually, useless damage from bleeding and base damage of the skill rather low, which is also the morph treatment has the tooltip bugged and does not say what effectively Healed.
    Whereas the werewolf is an ultimate, once activated should give my character a help in killing or survive the enemy attacks.
    at present, even with this pach, or perhaps even more than before, given the improvements to the skill of the arc line (which still needed) the werewolf is only a malus useful only to make easy points to the other players.
    where are the long-awaited passive they should, even if only partially work in humanoid form?
    P.S. the new run animation occasionally does not work
    Edited by Ilven on October 14, 2014 3:46AM
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why all of the 2H nerfs?

lolwut? 2H Nerfs? What in the lord's good name are you talking about? That entire thing is one giant buff.

How are the changes to Carve and Stampede buffs?
    Edited by Bouvin on October 14, 2014 3:55AM
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm getting the "computer is not authorized" challenge and not getting an email with the access code.