Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5

• infoub17_ESO22
    I am convinced that some of these patch changes are there to make you dump huge amounts of gold to re-spec your character because of massive changes in weapon categories.

Why does there always have to be an over powered class?
    Edited by infoub17_ESO22 on October 20, 2014 9:47PM
  • infoub17_ESO22
    Doh
    Edited by infoub17_ESO22 on October 20, 2014 9:53PM
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to bleed ticks applying instantly...the werewolf transformation is now the most powerful ultimate in the game.

The lowered time is a fair trade.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    How is the hell do you even join this server? I cant ever get 1.5! I activated what I needed on the settings but nothing happens!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RazielDERF wrote: »
    How is the hell do you even join this server? I cant ever get 1.5! I activated what I needed on the settings but nothing happens!
    @RazielDERF‌ in the Launcher Settings (the cog in the far top-right, not the Game Options) check the box marked "Show Public Test Environment".
    Then, a new entry will appear in the launcher under the regular game called "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)". Click on this, and you will be able to Install and Update as you do for the normal server. If this is your first time on PTS, you will need to download the PTS client data, which is another ~30GB download requiring ~50GB for installation, like the main game. Note that the copy-paste-rename trick that you can use to switch between NA and EU servers does not work for PTS.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Maou
    Maou
    ✭✭
    With the changes to bleed ticks applying instantly...the werewolf transformation is now the most powerful ultimate in the game.

Yeah when I first read it I was a bit mad but I just got off testing myself and the increased damage more than makes up for it. You can kill faster now, so as long as you're in a mob heavy area anyone can stay transformed practically forever. I've been restricting my transformations to mob-heavy areas since day one, so nothing's really changed much, if anything it's a bit more immersive as you NEED to keep killing as fast as you can to stay a monster for as long as possible. Really fun feeling like a wild beast, especially now that you can sprint on all fours to close distance between enemies without sheathing claws.

• ryu40010b14_ESO
    Really?? how about fixing the insanely high CPU usage?? the game is almost unplayable and you just keep adding more crap!! fix what is wrong before adding stuff!
    i run the game on high with 50+ fps and ive personally never had CPU usage issues, and i have a 4 year old rig.
    but i may just be lucky, what are your specs? perhaps it would be a simple fix to boost your rigs output with a slight upgrade or perhaps download razer cortex, it shuts down un needed programs and services when you run a game.
    thanks for the suggestion will give it a try!!!!
    My specs are:
    GA990fxa-ud3
    Amd 8-core 4.0
    32 gigs gskill ripjaws (graphic design)_
    GA HD 7870 2gb graphics
    2tb hdd

you should be getting at least 45-50 fps on high possibly ultra with AA off, id say update your GPU drivers and possibly run cortex and you should run like a dream (accept in PvP nobody runs like a dream in PvP lol)
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
    General
    • You now need to be at least Alliance Rank 6 to purchase Forward Camps.
    • All buffs received from Campaigns will be local to the Campaign you're physically located in while in Cyrodiil. When outside of Cyrodiil, your Home Campaign buffs will be applied.
    • You now must be within the radius of a forward camp in order to use it.
    • Population is now limited to the lowest populated faction +10% so if 100 EP are in a campaign the other two factions are limited to 110 maximum until EP population goes up.
    • Trebuchet now do 100% more damage and have range increased by 10%.
    • Ice, Lighting, scatter shot damage and effects increased by 20%.
    • Mercenaries re introduced into the game at 300% the cost and forward camps now cost 21k.

*fixed.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires nerfed unnecessarily for a 3rd time since launch, also getting a HUGE "up yours" with the changes to Evil Hunter.

I suppose it MIGHT stem the ridiculous amounts of players choosing to be Vampires wrongly thinking it'll make them OP.

But for those of us who don't use horridly unbalanced classes and borderline exploitative builds that all for unrealistic amounts of Ultimate generation, it's a slap in the face.

But, hey, I know nothing about making a game so I'll grin and bear it, see what happens.

Seriously... you are going to cry about a superficial "nerf" to an OP exploitive class.... wow.
  • Whizzinglane
    Whizzinglane
    ✭✭
    I will not comment on the extensiveness of this new upcoming update. I will speak however on forced grouping. A recent example I will use is TERA online. That game introduced many forced grouping to kill Elites in the open world. This game is now a free to play game. What I am trying to convey here is to not forced players to group to do certain quests that can be done 'solo' or individually.

The premise of The Elder Scrolls was alive and well at start-up. It is now changing slowly, but assuredly. The ability to enjoy the game as one wishes is what important to me, and not be dictated on the premise of forced grouping for the sake of keeping subscribers. Granted having the ability to play with one's friends has been one I seek for a long while now. I read some changes to that are in the works as far as streamlining some quests. What does that mean? Does it mean that I will be able to help my friends in solo instances? Many of my friends would love to be able to play this game, but would need help because a few of them are not hardcore gamers.

Not having the ability to help my friends in a solo quest should be looked into instead of forced grouping for dailies. And dungeons scaling? Come on now. Some quests are so hard that I put them on the back burner for when I am at a higher level to complete solo in some dungeons. Now the dungeons will be scaling to meet my level? That means I cannot ever solo those dungeons.

I do desire The Elder Scrolls to remain a standalone in its genre and in its lore. This is why I love this game and is my favorite RPG, with a medieval feel not found in other games out there. I wouldn't want this game to change too drastically for the sake of remaining competitively in the money making market industry to keep its current subscribers base or in the hope of bringing the ones who quit. Going free to play will not be a great idea, although Angry Joe suggested it. Most free to play games have too many restrictions and it is a scale down version of the real games anyway. When the game was released I came on the forums to applaud the game. I asked Zenimax/Bethesda to not nerfed it so much. But thus far, nerfing is happening left and right because some players complained. The Elders Scrolls has is hardcore fan-base community as a solo games; as a result of being an MMO, other players who are not familiar with the game are now playing it.

I am suggesting introducing more dailies that are solo and which can be done individually from the current three guilds and also from NPCS in PvP. But with the current changes that are suggested for PvP, it will really be a fiasco. Empowering certain classes that are already too powerful and nerfing classes that need to be empowered makes no sense. Making substantial changes in one update cannot really be tracked effectively. Update the important things first but gradually so; that way, we can really test them and give valid feedbacks. My apologies for the wall-text. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Whizzinglane on October 21, 2014 4:52AM
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A recent example I will use is TERA online. That game introduced many forced grouping to kill Elites in the open world. This game is now a free to play game.

All the best things should be the result of very difficult grouping quests and raids, that is natural to all MMORPGS and is one of the few things that should not be messed with. WoW was expert at this which is why they last to this day.

Terra failed bc it was bad not bc of grouping.
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    So where is the Reflective Scale Nerf? That Dragonknight ability is way to far overpowering. To become immune to any projectile and also reflect it back with increased damage, that just doesn't seem very intended. This spell makes Dragonknight dominate PvP and able to take down groups alone, So please fix or change it.
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Now i remember why ive never installed PTS again, been running for more than 12 hours now and its at 21 %

Do you expect people to leave their pcs on for 2-3 days to install the PTS?

Maybe that's why you have so few testers...
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navaya wrote: »
    So where is the Reflective Scale Nerf? That Dragonknight ability is way to far overpowering. To become immune to any projectile and also reflect it back with increased damage, that just doesn't seem very intended. This spell makes Dragonknight dominate PvP and able to take down groups alone, So please fix or change it.

Only if you only depend on Range attacks ;)

I do fine against scales when I just rush in, and looking at last night, I barely see anyone using their scales anymore since, well, people just rush in.

Yes, I'm a DK, yes, I have scale too. And no, I don't slot them in PvP. I'd rather deal DPS.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL u being sarcastic, right?

Werewolf? Powerful?

LOLOLOL
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »
    For everyone asking about an increased werewolf timer... Please use your brains and compare WW to other ultimates. Most ultimates last 10-20 seconds, and do a MODERATE amount (200-300 DPS) of damage or heal you or give damage reduction. Asking for WW to be any different is just asinine.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ how does that sound?

Both Batswarm and Banner of Might will do WAY more than 300 DPS when there are a few people around...
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    GreyBrow wrote: »
    For everyone asking about an increased werewolf timer... Please use your brains and compare WW to other ultimates. Most ultimates last 10-20 seconds, and do a MODERATE amount (200-300 DPS) of damage or heal you or give damage reduction. Asking for WW to be any different is just asinine.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ how does that sound?

Both Batswarm and Banner of Might will do WAY more than 300 DPS when there are a few people around...

When there are a few enemies around, WW lasts WAY longer than both Batswarm and Banner of Might put together.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS Bow damage is still way too high. Why haven't you answered one post concerning that bow damage is way too high and that a 5% dmg reduction is insufficient? Please check data/stats for further prove on the live-servers. Why does bow dmg surpass a class skill DD dmg so much. Especially as a templar I wonder, how to hit from distance for 1400+ dmg in 2 concecutive attacks + what is inbetween. Bow needs a major overwork and not just a simple 5% dmg reduction..
    Edited by Francescolg on October 21, 2014 4:53PM
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf? Powerful?

LOLOLOL

No.... currently pulling 1.5k single target as WW on 1.5, Can full heal myself. Pretty much infinite stamina. Can outrun the fastest horse and leap, Fear, AOE dot, knock down.

Prepare yourself.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf? Powerful?

LOLOLOL

No.... currently pulling 1.5k single target as WW on 1.5, Can full heal myself. Pretty much infinite stamina. Can outrun the fastest horse and leap, Fear, AOE dot, knock down.

Prepare yourself.

Agreed werewolfs are very powerful. Also the Aoe dot puts diease stat to lessen people restorative skills or give more health to the WW. Davaldin has not even tested them yet.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on October 21, 2014 5:10PM
  • ryu40010b14_ESO
    i did and the damage is quite impressive, but i would ask that they let us atleast keep the ultimate gained while in WW form.
  • FearlessAce
    FearlessAce
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding another to the pile:

The solo scaling needs to be toggleable. You're about to alienate a lot of players -- so many builds of Templars and Nightblades are broken already. Myself and many friends have joked repeatedly about how we could only get past so many quests ONLY AFTER we overleveled by 2-3 levels.

People shouldn't be punished just because they aren't using the exact builds you imagined when creating an instance.

A templar with nothing but heals should be able to still do all the solo quests with a resto staff. Many group instances require someone to be an awesome dedicated healer -- and forcing people to take on abilities and specs they don't want JUST TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE STORYLINE is asinine.

Forcing them to scale-to-level will only further break the game for so, so many people -- many who don't even realize it yet because they've played the way they wanted to.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS Bow damage is still way too high. Why haven't you answered one post concerning that bow damage is way too high and that a 5% dmg reduction is insufficient? Please check data/stats for further prove on the live-servers. Why does bow dmg surpass a class skill DD dmg so much. Especially as a templar I wonder, how to hit from distance for 1400+ dmg in 2 concecutive attacks + what is inbetween. Bow needs a major overwork and not just a simple 5% dmg reduction..

Yeah, lets make it the most useless weapon in game.

Because that's what you are suggesting.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• ryu40010b14_ESO
    kijima wrote: »

not really what he is saying, get on PTS and see what kind of serious damage is being done, i have seen players destroying in PvP and PvE alike with the new snipe changes on the PTS its seriously powerful stuff, and its all from spamming combos involving snipe.
    im not going to stand on a soap box and say its super Uber and it needs to be dipped so deep in the nerf kiddie pool that it shrivels up and dies but a toning dow n of either the rate of fire or make the damage dependent on range (i.e. the closer you get the weaker it is) so if you close the gap snipe isnt the only threat.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    VileIntent wrote: »
    Evil Hunter: This ability now highlights vampire player characters in Cyrodiil.

does it also highlight werewolves if the passive is taken?

I see the question repeated a number of times but no answer.
    Has anyone been able to verify that the Fighter Guild passive "Skilled Tracker" works and highlights Werewolf characters as well?
    Edited by Nightreaver on October 22, 2014 4:00AM
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to verify that the Fighter Guild passive "Skilled Tracker" works and highlights Werewolf characters as well?

Werewolves are just the same as anyone else in human form in fact, weaker because of poison vulnerability. And are clearly obvious when transformed. No need.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolves are just the same as anyone else in human form in fact, weaker because of poison vulnerability. And are clearly obvious when transformed. No need.

They still take extra damage from Fighter's Guild abilities in human form, which is why people keep asking the question.

I'd like to know the answer as well. : )
  • oldRagespell
    oldRagespell
    ✭✭
    Really?? how about fixing the insanely high CPU usage?? the game is almost unplayable and you just keep adding more crap!! fix what is wrong before adding stuff!
    i run the game on high with 50+ fps and ive personally never had CPU usage issues, and i have a 4 year old rig.
    but i may just be lucky, what are your specs? perhaps it would be a simple fix to boost your rigs output with a slight upgrade or perhaps download razer cortex, it shuts down un needed programs and services when you run a game.
    thanks for the suggestion will give it a try!!!!
    My specs are:
    GA990fxa-ud3
    Amd 8-core 4.0
    32 gigs gskill ripjaws (graphic design)_
    GA HD 7870 2gb graphics
    2tb hdd

you should be getting at least 45-50 fps on high possibly ultra with AA off, id say update your GPU drivers and possibly run cortex and you should run like a dream (accept in PvP nobody runs like a dream in PvP lol)

No. He should be getting constant 60 FPS on Ultra with AA On.

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »

Bow has never been useless. With one of several pro-stamina patches in the last 3 months they raised weapon dmg limits significantly and added several other goodies.
    I just want bow's ranged DD damage to be in line with all other DD skills/spells
    Edited by Francescolg on October 22, 2014 3:24PM
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭

I must disagree, I counted my current werewolf time with a stopwatch (transformation time omitted), and I got about 32 seconds. ZOS, if you could give us somewhere in the ballpark of 45 seconds with devour restoring the same percentage of the time that it does now, many of us werewolves would appreciate it. I seem to recall that the original werewolf duration was somewhere around 45 seconds, maybe that was just me, if it wasn't just me there was no need to change this.

An alternative to bumping up everyone's werewolf counter to 45 seconds, for people who are concerned with the werewolves actually becoming TOO powerful, is to make good on the one promise that we werewolves were given by @Castle that you have not followed through on. It's probably the least important change that @Castle promised us, but it may just fix this little issue we are having. To Quote Castle:
    Castle wrote: »
    • "The Pack Leader Morph will add to the "Werewolf" counter for the Werewolf and any Werewolf allies nearby instead of adding Ultimate."
    I noticed that the tool tip in the pack leader morph currently says something in the direction of what Castle promised:
    Allies nearby add 4 to their Werewolf Timer whenever Ultimate is rewarded.
    ...but the Pack Leader himself recieves no benefits for selecting his morph. Having some kind of self buff is essential for pack leader to be viable, especially since the benefit it provides is now exclusive to werewolves. I would therefore suggest, ZOS, that you modify the Pack Leader morph so that it also provides its user with a longer werewolf duration. This will not only allow pack leaders to start off with a longer duration, but it will also allow them to store up more werewolf time by devouring corpses after a battle.

I would say that it's even a flavorful buff. In comparison to the berserker who, as a berserker, should need to keep his bloodrush going to remain transformed, shouldn't the pack leader be more stable and be more able to maintain his form between battles? Giving the pack leaders a 50% or so buff to their werewolf timer would certainly represent this difference between the two.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, sorry to pick on you guys so much, but I appreciate how you two have been listening. Is there any way you could tell us whether or not such a change could be a possibility? I have good faith that you two are passing the player feedback onto the devs, and obviously you don't have time to respond directly to every concern that is raised on the PTS forums. That said, I am sure many of us werewolves agree that we want our ultimate to be performing optimally when it drops onto the live server, and any information that you can provide would be very helpful. Thank You.
    Edited by Shayu on October 22, 2014 6:59PM