Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people think this game sucks?

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingSaiz wrote: »
    The incessant changes to the base mechanics of leveling your characters.
    i worked many hours to make my characters VR and now "no VR ranks" sorry suckers all your work right down the toilet!

group areas requirements are fraking ridiculous
    group areas are ridiculous
    groups are ridiculous

You are ridiculous. What's the difference between VR16 and CP160? Answer: nothing.

And how on earth do you expect them to stay in business without charging for additional content?
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because pvp is the laggiest piece of ass at prime time
    Options
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly because it wasn't Skyrim online so it got hate. You can still see people claiming this game sucks who hadn't played since the first month or never played at all. Honestly Skyrim even though it was good was probably the most dumbed down in the series. It is also the most successful in the series meaning a lot of people think that it's the only one because they can't count and don't know what 5 means.

Now people like me who played since Morrowind seem to enjoy it. Why? Well Morrowind you had a lot of control over your character who you where and what skills you boosted. This is the same in this game. Even though the balance is all whacked and will be forever your still less restricted than pretty much any MMO and you really can make 1000's of combinations of builds.

TLDR: Skyrim fans where expecting Skyrim online, MMO fans where expecting WoW in Tamriel. Since it appealed to neither of those impending hate ensued.

PS:It also had a rough launch and people didn't have enough cream for the pain in their posterior regions.

Bethesda from start stated they did not want an online elder scrolls game. this is why zenimax online created the game not Bethesda. don't forget zenimax owns Bethesda.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also... for the hundred time... This is not a single player TES game. Only in those were DB TG MG and FG part of the basic core game. In eso they got released in phases... first step was the justice system ;)
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be curious to see how many hours /played for the biggest complainers that say it sucks. I'd bet it is a large number, which runs counter to what they are saying. The ones that say they bought it, played a bit, and quit have a bit more to stand on.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this game but the dev team keeps trying to sink there own game its not so much as I hate this game its I just dislike ZOS since they seem to have no clue how there game works.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every release this game has made has felt rushed and incomplete. Content is released in an unacceptably buggy state after a month+ cycle on pts with the eventual live patch often containing changes that never even hit the pts basically negating the entire process all together. Balance is a joke. When its pointed out that balance is a joke the solution is often to drastically change or out right remove core game mechanics rather than adjust the numbers. End game gearing is either done through crafting (seriously wtf, I should not be end game geared when I START the end game) or an RNG system that sometimes requires as many as 3 prefect rolls on one item. A chance of a chance of a chance to get the right piece only to be rewarded with a charged Moon Dancer bow is not a fun experience. PvP that has been made consistently worse with every single patch since launch, believe it or not console kiddies when this game came out PvP was actually fun with lots of active campaigns and hardly any lag, then came the lighting patch.

That's why the game sucks, they took a gold mine and flushed it down the toilet by putting incompetent people in charge of things like balance and itemization and horrible mismanagement. I feel bad sometimes, I wish console players could have experienced the game we had at launch, even with its bugs and exploits it was truly incredible.
    Options
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I stop playing a game, I definitely would not be on the game's forum posting comments. I've been playing on PS4 since launch. Sure there are lag issues and other stuff, but I keep playing because the game is huge. I still haven't finished all the quests from all the storylines because I'm 50% PVE and 50% PVP. I'm still learning all the skills and builds by reading comments on this forum or from being in Guild Chat or PUG Chat.

When the lag is unbearable with constant disconnects, I switch to another game. But my primary game is still this one.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With One Tamriel coming this fall this game is going to spank all competition. Just wait and see, we will get a massive influx of players.

Well said OP.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget we run 100 mods In Skyrim to make it look better, and play better, more content.. Etc. Most people forget what a buggy mess Skyrim was at release.

That's the reason that TESO will ever be a buggy mess. Nobody cares enough to fix it. Only pumping out one buggy DLC after another, instead of the "non profitable" and tiresome bug fixing process of real issues. Like proper CooP play in parties. You know, the stuff MMO players usually are able to do, in every other MMO in existence , without quests "phasing out".

So the core players are fed up with the game, coming back after months for a short while, looking if things got finally fixed. But no, it still lags like hell, the sound gets lost while doing nothing, can't change back into 1st person view from time to time, it logs out all 2-3 loading screens and the fps drops after playing a while are a surefire sign of memory leaks everywhere. Oh, did I mention the inability to log in without any reason?

The conclusion they draw out of this behavior is: "Players are coming back from time time. We have to sell more and shorter even buggier DLC! Oh, and let us trash our level up system with 'The one and only Tamriel', making exp gain, progression and story quests senseless for any remaining CRPG player!" .... instead of fixing the mess. YAY! :smiley:
    Edited by mike_de on June 17, 2016 6:21PM
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    With One Tamriel coming this fall this game is going to spank all competition. Just wait and see, we will get a massive influx of players.

Well said OP.

The competition are games that appeal to MMO players, this One Tamriel crap is not going to bring anyone here who isn't already when you you have a new WoW expansion launching at the same time.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have actually never heard someone say it sucks. All I ever hear is that has so much unmet potential.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For people who dedicatedly play: the bugs--that's what brings the experience down into the gutter.
    Options
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment, i think it sucks,
    because it doesn't f*%#/!#&!n work

but hey, at least thread necromancy works!
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prequels without meaning or significance are empty. There's no momentum. They don't carry the larger narrative forward.

ESO does nothing for the current continuity of The Elder Scrolls. The game's biggest mistake was refusing to Days of Future Past style break continuity by creating an alternate timeline that was familiar but new. So instead, the game's in a box. Hindered by the future, unaided by the past, and tenuously tweaking its present.
    signing off
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be curious to see how many hours /played for the biggest complainers that say it sucks. I'd bet it is a large number, which runs counter to what they are saying. The ones that say they bought it, played a bit, and quit have a bit more to stand on.

You're right, I have a lot of time played across multiple characters and I think the game sucks. I have been here since the end of the beta cycle in February/March of 2014. I stuck around because I've seen what this game can be and how much potential it had. But ZOS blew it, they have been given countless opportunities to correct mistakes but they keep making it worse. So sure you can say the people that didn't give the game a chance have more of a leg to stand on here but really that just makes you look ignorant of facts.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on what you expect - for example, it is not the successor of Skyrim, but of Oblivion and has therefore the art style of Oblivion rather than that of Skyrim. If you expect an online role playing game, it delivers - I have a lot of fun and am enjoying this content type. But if you expect a pvp-oriented game, then you are just missing the point of ESO - and you will have a totally different experience with a lot of frustrations - simply, because that is part of the game, but not the focus of it. Could it be helped?- Maybe, with another combat designer and another game designer in the lead, who has some deep understanding of the underlying technology and can design game mechanics to work with what is technically possible. But what we have instead are guys in the lead, who focus on "cool" stuff rather then "working" stuff.
    Options
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭

Well said OP.

You have to have a game that actually works to have players.
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »

Well said OP.

The game is working fine for me. I can log on and enjoy the game just fine.
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the game sucks. It has sucky moments for sure, but over all, if you are hitting a rough spot, just find something else to do. If PvP is bad, go work on a passive skill line or something. There is always something to do. It keeps getting better. Yes, with more content, more bugs are introduced, but in the grand scheme of things, remember what the game offered when it went live? It's a lot more now than it was then.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainly just the nerfs of Sorc and broken jab for templars, stupid traits on end game gear, lag in every aspect of game ranging from bad to terrible... otherwise everything is good.
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol @ people responding to a thread made in 2014...
    Options
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xylphan wrote: »

Well said OP.

The game is working fine for me. I can log on and enjoy the game just fine.

Good for you. But you aren't the player base. You're not going to single-handedly support this game. That requires a significant portion of the players, who are not you, to also be able to do the same.
    Options
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billions of bugs, and more every day. None get fixed.
    Options
  • rain.bird
    rain.bird
    ✭✭
    way, way too many poor design choices ... whoever made the decisions on pve vs pvp, etc, did a horrible job - crippling even ... some design elements are excellent, others have left the game boxed-in-a-corner ... in general, they are getting worse and its adding up to a downward trend ...

we will see how "One Tamriel" works out ... it IS possible it can send the game down a better path, or it could make things worse - hard to tell until it gets here ...
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game doesn't suck. Game is quite good. People just frustrated with zos incompetency to maintain a good game. Bugs, lag, and cheats are out of control and have been fir two years now. People expect better for a aaa mmorpg they are paying for.
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 17, 2016 8:20PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People saying this game sucks is basically my litmus test for 'They have no idea what an MMO is'.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have played recent MMO's like Blade and soul, Final fantasy xiv ARR, Tera online, etc..... You will know why!

This game is only known for its combat( addicting) and PvP, that's it.

The rest is poor compared to other mmo's( especially FFxiv ARR,
    that game as good guild organization that is you can see your guild mates in browser or an android app,

the level of character ,environment and class details are top notch, also you can change classes,race and faction on the fly.

The story is also very good and its still not over yet......waiting for future patches that takes like 4 to 7 weeks with minor and major changes with good story content.

Balance, is also very good as well as the devs feedback.

Lastly, there is slight nudity and sexy clothes and emotes to make it more lively.
    But the only downside is its combat, that is a little slow due to gobal cool downs)

ESO , is still not a proper MMO game(in my opinion) and the devs are too slow in making content( they are also quite bad/poor story content) and the balance is beyond poor/ worst in any MMO game.

So, the majority of the players that still support or are playing this game (ESO) because of the combat and PvP,that's it! :/

Lastly, this game is losing its fame very fast. Hence, it will die eventually.
    Edited by Van_0S on June 17, 2016 9:09PM
    Options
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this thread has brought up some good discussion in light of old information, we would like to encourage you to either open a new discussion on this topic or choose one of the many topics already discussing ESO. Necro threads have a tendency to bring around outdated information and facts that are irrelevant to current discussion.

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.