Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Known Issues for Update 4

• Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The repeatable quests "Iron and Scales" and "Taken Alive" in Upper Craglorn cannot be shared with party members.
    Options
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • We've seen reports that the stealth detection radius appears to be larger after the latest update.
      • STATUS: Identified that Stealthy and Nightshade are currently broken and are causing this issue. Scheduled to be hotfixed.

LOL. All of stealth is busted. All of the passives in all races and medium armour are busted.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 22, 2014 3:22PM
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    This didn't fix Stealth or the other Nightblade issues or even the Medium armor passives, that were supposed to be fixed. Full of Fail ZOS.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    themizario wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any status update on skill rollbacks?

What is skill rollback?

some of the skills are rollingback like 50 to 49, 25 to 24.
    Can you let us know which skills specifically are rolling back?

Also, we just updated the first post with fixes that went in today, and are gathering additional issues reported from the weekend to dig into. As always, we'll update the first thread when we have more information!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes for 1.4.4 mention
    The Restoration staff passive Cycle of Life now increases magicka restore instead of increasing damage.
    which would have been a good change.
    but the tooltip in-game says this is in addition and it is working as such which is not a good change.
    Options
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    We are still seeing bad lag and crashes in NA thornblade server after 1.4.4.
    Just happened now but 20 EP and 20 AD players all froze suddenly.
    There were few survivors and it was free kill for both sides before everyone got crashed.

And I'm in eternal loading online as always ;)
    Aknight
    Options
  • Farkaz
    Farkaz
    ✭✭
    Farkaz wrote: »
    NB Skills:
    Siphoning Strikes doesn't proc when hitting enemy player with damage shield on.
    Aspect of Terror enemy players are running away holding block

Armor set:
    Spectre's Eye set proc on any action (block, srpint etc.)

Shield Charge sometimes character stuck in a middle of animation, and is unable to use other skills for few sec.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we have an update on those issues?
    Edited by Farkaz on September 22, 2014 3:58PM
    Options
  • ZazikelsShadow
    ZazikelsShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I am stil crashing frequently in Pve as well. Not quite as often but it's happened 3 or 4 times
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    So, in 1.4.4 it said that problem with projectiles hitting in shadow cloak was fixed....Did they make sure that the morphs are included in this fix?

It seems like this issue still persists with my dark cloak.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is skill rollback?

Also, we just updated the first post with fixes that went in today, and are gathering additional issues reported from the weekend to dig into. As always, we'll update the first thread when we have more information!

In my case; Assassination and Shadow. There are some info about other skills on the topic below.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132485/bug-weapon-skill-rollbacks

I have reported this issue and added some screenshots to understand the situation better, Incident: 140918-001979
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, from the 1.4.4 update notes:
    Armor
    Medium Armor
    Windwalker: This ability now reduces stamina costs by 14/21% at Rank I and Rank II.

This wording is confusing. Is it supposed to be just a flat 14/21%? Or is it based on the number of med armor pieces you have equipped? If based on # of pieces equipped, what % increase is there per piece?

I have 5 pieces med armor equipped, and Wind Walker at Rank 2, and here is what I see:
    av8zTcE.png

Where is the 21%? Is that only if you have a full set of medium armor (7 pieces) equipped? How is this different from before the patch?

Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on September 22, 2014 5:54PM
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @curlyqloub14_ESO before this it was 2% per piece of medium armor and now it is 3% per piece of armor. So before this patch you were getting just a 10% increase in reduction of stamina instead of a 15% increase since you are using 5 pieces. 14%/ 21% is how much stamina reduction you get if you have a full med set of 7. 2% times 7 is 14% and 3% times 7 is 21%. Hope this helps.
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, from the 1.4.4 update notes:
    Armor
    Medium Armor
    Windwalker: This ability now reduces stamina costs by 14/21% at Rank I and Rank II.

This wording is confusing. Is it supposed to be just a flat 14/21%? Or is it based on the number of med armor pieces you have equipped? If based on # of pieces equipped, what % increase is there per piece?

I have 5 pieces med armor equipped, and Wind Walker at Rank 2, and here is what I see:
    av8zTcE.png

Where is the 21%? Is that only if you have a full set of medium armor (7 pieces) equipped? How is this different from before the patch?

Zos is saying it is 2% stage 1 and 3% stage 2 ....per piece.
    Hence 14/21% with 7 pieces

original..
    level1 - +2% recover -1% cost
    level2 - +4% recover -2% cost

I think this should now be...
    level1 - +2% recover -2% cost
    level2 - +4% recover -3% cost
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 22, 2014 7:21PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vendors in Cyrodiil are not currently selling gear or containers above VR12.

These containers are still not being sold.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • rook75
    rook75
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness... This patch.... you silly ZoS. Same ol same ol.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is skill rollback?

In my case; Assassination and Shadow. There are some info about other skills on the topic below.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132485/bug-weapon-skill-rollbacks

I have reported this issue and added some screenshots to understand the situation better, Incident: 140918-001979

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Hey Gina,

In addition to the skills above, I have levelled up resto staff from 39 to 40 in 4 times in about 80 mins. Same char.
    Options
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil vendors are not selling v14 boxes or scaling the v14 elite gear properly.
    I can't believe that an entire day has gone by and you people still don't update this post with this information.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hours, not an "entire day".

They also have to get word back from development on what the situation is before they can update things.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes for 1.4.4 mention
    The Restoration staff passive Cycle of Life now increases magicka restore instead of increasing damage.
    which would have been a good change.
    but the tooltip in-game says this is in addition and it is working as such which is not a good change.

^ This the the tool tip needs change since it says it has the 10% weapon increase and the 30% more magicka restore from a full heavy.
    Options
  •  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    I spent a lot of time and effort gathering materials and leveling my crafting skills to build my armor set, and then you just go changing the most important bonus of the set all willy nilly?

Please stop pooping on my Nightblade and fix some of the actual problems like lack of consistent gameplay quality, constant framerate drops / crashes!

Seriously Zenimax - the way you prioritize these 'fixes' is baffling to me...

I couldn't agree more!!! Although the night's silence thing is being fixed, they do this constantly! The one and only time they actually took this issue into account was when they made multiple changes to skills in update 3 and announced 1g per point respec costs, but they change all sorts of other things that cost us time and expensive in-game resources constantly and we're just left to suck it up.
    Players affected by these changes should be compensated, just as with the respec situation. It wouldn't break the market and it would be no skin off Zeni's back. If you're wearing a full set that you crafted that they made useless, you should receive a System mail with gold attached. This goes for ALL costly changes Zenimax makes. Standard procedure.

In a game that thrives on it's player population, I find myself constantly RIPPING MY HAIR OUT at the seemingly mindless decisions this company consistently makes, and as you have so eloquently pointed out, their "BAFFLING" prioritization! My stomach turns at the thought that a game that already received horrible reviews upon release is not being fixed with each update but instead making more players leave!
    Options
  •  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    jovial wrote: »
    You'd think the game was still in beta.

^This quote says it all and has defined this game since release. It's funny that you say that because it basically IS the beta. As I stated in previous comments, I spent weeks on the PTS submitting bug reports and I rattled off at least 6 bugs that friends and I reported on the PTS that were carried over to the live server upon update. In fact, since they didn't really even tell us when Update 4 was coming, I was on the PTS while the "maintenance" (which turned out to be Update 4) was happening and I was submitting reports for additional bugs I was finding!

I love TES and I continue to play this game and I recognize it's potential but it is very aggravating as a paying customer and as a fan to see ZOS botch this job so horribly with each move they make. I often find myself actually thinking this IS the beta, and thinking that when they finally release the console versions they will have it ready for release; That console release is "release" and PC release is beta (But that's assuming things will actually be better then). I also try to tide myself over waiting for the Justice System to be implemented, hoping that when it comes, this game will be much more fun to play and feel much more like an Elder Scrolls game (which it supposedly is).

@b-l-a-d-eb16_ESO‌ 's post with all the PVP bugs was beautiful and should be printed out and taped to the walls next to where the developers work until the issues are resolved. Several of those have been happening SINCE LAUNCH! The Weapon Swap problem, which he commented on, has been ruining combat for me for quite some time now and making me have to plan for it's failure. How can I become better at a game when the game is broken? And WHYYYYY does it tell me "I can't swap weapons right now" while I'm in combat?!?! Even when it doesn't say that, sometimes it just doesn't swap anyway because I hit the button too soon after my last attack or something. It needs to be INSTANT, (which it is not and the last "improvement" was crap.) it should override any other combat command you've input and uhm.... it needs to work! It makes me unable to use half of my skills (which I have strategically placed on a second bar) and I find myself casting the wrong one and wasting time and stamina/magicka during a fight.
    Edited by Acemcfly101 on September 23, 2014 1:11AM
    Options
  •  Acemcfly101
    Acemcfly101
    ✭✭
    As I scroll down through the pages of comments on this thread, it becomes obvious to me that Zenimax has just become swarmed with a boatload of new, stupid things to fix and scramble over. However, when I look through the patch notes for Update 4... I just can't justify it. The only 2 major positive things that I've noticed this Update bring to the table are Upper Craglorn and the Enchanting inspiration fix. But there was a mighty-long list to accompany those 2 things we needed, and in order to make the patch so vast, intricate and full of stupid unnecessary things, (most of which are driving players mad and actually hindering and backpedaling the progress we've made and our playstyles) you've just earned yourselves an equally large list of screw-ups and mistakes and tons of players demanding fixes for them! When your time could have been spent so much more efficiently had you focused on the most important matter at hand here: CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (Maintaining your customer subscription numbers. Then you can work on adding more).

Believe you me; I am not the complainer type and I get zero joy from this. It's a SAD situation. These forums should not look like this. Thousands of dissatisfied customers venting their frustrations and desperately trying to reach out to a company that doesn't seem to hear them. These forums represent the unified opinions of the ESO customer base as a whole and they are in a sorry state of affairs. I hope you are reading this Zenimax and know that I, and all the rest of us, are not just complaining; We are PRAYING that something will change when you read our comments!

Also, I know there are some people in this company that work really hard and do good things consistently. I see staff like Gina who respond to the comments with productive feedback and updates, and for that reason, I feel bad having to blast this out so blatantly, but it needs to be said. When I see the state of the game after 4 major updates, it makes it evident that something is wrong. I've offered to help in any way Zeni will accept/allow in the past and I sustain that offer. I continue to pay and play, but I'm cutting Zenimax slack and looking to Quakecon promises to keep me paying. Let's hope things get better...
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope I didn't miss these already in this thread

-Molten Armaments coloration of weapon outlasting ability or not activiting along with ability.
    -Molten Armaments activation animation animation/sound randomly going off at times during duration of effect even when alone (i.e. doesn't seem to be from other players nearby using it).
    -Not able to mount anywhere (happened to me in Cyrodiil, fixed by reloading.
    -Not being able to sheath weapon (happened in Cyrodiil when having the mounting bug).
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed today that when I morph a skill the xp bars of the other skills in that category jump around all over the place. Some rise, some fall. I've seen it happen twice that I noticed so far.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
    Options
  • ptipiak
    ptipiak
    Soul Shriven
    The patch 1.4.4 don't fixed The Night's Silence 5 piece bonus item set. My NB moves at the same rate naked or with the SET equipped. I'm a Vampire.
    Options
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    ptipiak wrote: »
    The patch 1.4.4 don't fixed The Night's Silence 5 piece bonus item set. My NB moves at the same rate naked or with the SET equipped. I'm a Vampire.
    Could you just read the patchnote ?
    Options
  • Matuzes
    Matuzes
    ✭✭✭
    Farkaz wrote: »
    NB Skills:
    Siphoning Strikes doesn't proc when hitting enemy player with damage shield on.
    Aspect of Terror enemy players are running away holding block

Armor set:
    Spectre's Eye set proc on any action (block, srpint etc.)

This.
    Siphoning Strikes - broken in 1.3.5
    Aspect of Terror - broken in 1.3.3
    Spectre's Eye - broken in update 4
    Matuzes - Imperial Nightblade
    Headhunters
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is *still* not fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is *still* not fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Which gates? I saw VR14 gear/boxes at Elite Vendors at the Morrowind gates earlier today.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options