Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Werewolf Changes

• draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @xnhiddentruthx : You have a false opinion about this topic.
    Either way there need to be changes. There's topics already and people have voiced their opinion and it doesn't seem to be heard.[...]It's getting there, but telling us there's changes coming and then not doing it, or even hearing your "customers" requests might in the future ruin this game.

I invite you to read the entire topic to understand what I mean but to clarify, werewolf was really broken since the release and ZOS suggested on this thread some ideas that we discussed.
    This topic is a bit outdated but it has been our "official" werewolf suggestions pool since then. They heard us sometimes on this one, Blood rage ability is the proof.
    I don't agree with your concern about the 7 days. It's fine by me.

By the way, I understand your concerne about the mutism of the dev team and I agree that they need more communication about there developement.
    If you want to make a suggestion about the game, do it but not there, hidden behind a little werewolf suggestion.
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
    Options
  • Equilibriator
    i loved werewolf but have completely specced out of it. It has becomes too much of a drain on my skill points, for something that quickly becomes invalidated when you get past lvl 35-ish. devouring/duration is definately the problem i noticed. I spent FAR to much time having to eat corpses, despite having ALL the duration skill at max and being a pack leader.
    Options
  • MeridianKnight
    i loved werewolf but have completely specced out of it. It has becomes too much of a drain on my skill points, for something that quickly becomes invalidated when you get past lvl 35-ish. devouring/duration is definately the problem i noticed. I spent FAR to much time having to eat corpses, despite having ALL the duration skill at max and being a pack leader.

Same for me unfortunately. You have to eat every few kills to ensure no mess-ups and that quickly becomes annoying having to watch the entire animation. In a PvP zone I could see this being important, but there shouldn't be a short time limit in PvE like this. Werewolf and Vamp both need a rework, but the short change time is the worst issue for WW at the moment.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This came to me as I was bumming around in form last night. These thoughts keep coming to me.

1. Transformation cost is too high. 200 would be just perfect
    2. Remove the cooldown timer from Werewolf Devour and let us build yup time in form no cap
    3. Tie in a buff to werewolf devour: 30 sec: reduce cost of werewolf abilities by 25%
    4. Cut the time of devour down in half.

@ZOS Please and thank you.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • B1GREDMONSTER
    It annoys me when I go to feed and another player or npc moves and stands on the dead enemy which makes it hard to feed it almost seems like other people know that so they stand in the way to troll werewolfs.

Then there is other times when I start feeding then half way through the animation the dead npc despawns making it so the time in werewolf form is not increased sure if i don't loot the enemy it doesn't despawn but I don't always get a drop.

I don't know if this is intended but its a bit annoying.
    Edited by B1GREDMONSTER on October 17, 2015 8:59AM
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well @ZOS reduced the devours synergy area, making devouring a lot harder too line up. Frustrating. I shouldn't have to spend 10 seconds trying to find the sweet spot in order to devour.

That being said @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom werewolves still can't synergize allies abilies....

Please fix
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • Equilibriator
    honestly, i don't think they read this
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Prothwata : To feed succesfully, it is not an area to put your character on, it is a spot to aim. Just stand nearby the corpse even if it's 2-3 meters and move your cursor around the target. It work like charm for me. I might loose 1 or 2 seconds finding the spot.
    Options
  • Equilibriator
    @Prothwata : To feed succesfully, it is not an area to put your character on, it is a spot to aim. Just stand nearby the corpse even if it's 2-3 meters and move your cursor around the target. It work like charm for me. I might loose 1 or 2 seconds finding the spot.

yeh but if someone stands on the corpse you have to almost aim at the ground around the corpse rather thanthe corpse itself by standing well back and getting a bit of an angle on it.
    Options
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    It might sound trivial in comparison, but maybe we could get a recolor of the berserker? Black would be very nice, something other than the default coloration.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

Options
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    i like this post Gina.
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Let's add a bit of ''underworld'' and ''skyrim'' lore to this thread since we are mostly talking about werewolve against vampire.

First, would it be simpler to consider lycanthropie as a disease same as it use to be in Elder Scroll Skyrim ??

Since vampire get reduce health regeneration, wouldn't it be simplier if werewolf were given reduce magika regen... I wonder if some can remember but as long as you were a werewolf in Skyrim you couldn't sleep right ? not good for mana regen !

Second, since it's a disease, that become part of you, some could embrace it and become stronger with it.

Allow werewolf to be the same as mage guild ability that unlock a part of the passive for each skill you have on your bar, and I really wonder if it would change the game balance if werewolf skill could be use even out of werewolf form.

I hope you liked the idea, and that you see the lore behind that.
    Options
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    This came to me as I was bumming around in form last night. These thoughts keep coming to me.

1. Transformation cost is too high. 200 would be just perfect
    2. Remove the cooldown timer from Werewolf Devour and let us build yup time in form no cap
    3. Tie in a buff to werewolf devour: 30 sec: reduce cost of werewolf abilities by 25%
    4. Cut the time of devour down in half.

@ZOS Please and thank you.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I agree that since devour is STILL an issue along with ally werewolf buffs, that they should at least increase the cooldown by a few minutes. Its not like that would be a big deal in PVE or Pvp, because in werewolf form I still an unable to get out of stuns/immobilize spells even with stamina full....
    The ultimate is way to high, and plus...why does ultimate build to 1000, if one of my ultimates is 200 and another 300 and when its done then I have no leftover ultimate????
    Werewolf timer still keeps going during devour animations and loadscreens.
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate is way to high, and plus...why does ultimate build to 1000, if one of my ultimates is 200 and another 300 and when its done then I have no leftover ultimate????

Imagine the meteor spam you would get if it worked like you say

No, during the devour animation, the timer stop, it's 100% sure.
    And during loadscreen, you are cleaned of all "short" buff (and therefore pull out of WW form)
    Options
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭

Imagine the meteor spam you would get if it worked like you say

No, during the devour animation, the timer stop, it's 100% sure.
    And during loadscreen, you are cleaned of all "short" buff (and therefore pull out of WW form)

No, it doesn't stop during the devour animation. I can't even tell you how many times I've de wolfed while feeding. At least twice a run through though. Maybe I am glitched, and it is supposed to stop, but right now it doesn't stop while feeding for me.
    Options
  • EvilDMb16_ESO
    EvilDMb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The timer stops during devour.

Still, I think that the timer is a bad idea, or rather does limit the werewolf quite a lot, especially compared with vampires thanks to its high cost.

Maybe instead of having a timer a werewolf wouldn't be able to regenerate Stam and Mana except through devour and slowly during combat. You can still have those two tick down to maintain werewolf form, but slowly if you want to have a timer instead of a toggle.
    Of course in that case running should not consume Stam and the pools must be increased while in WW form.
    Edited by EvilDMb16_ESO on October 30, 2015 12:34AM
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You realize how crap ww would be if it had no regen in form right? WW's aren't exactly known for their cheap spammable skills.
    Options
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭

Still, I think that the timer is a bad idea, or rather does limit the werewolf quite a lot, especially compared with vampires thanks to its high cost.

Maybe instead of having a timer a werewolf wouldn't be able to regenerate Stam and Mana except through devour and slowly during combat. You can still have those two tick down to maintain werewolf form, but slowly if you want to have a timer instead of a toggle.
    Of course in that case running should not consume Stam and the pools must be increased while in WW form.

Should I submit a bug report? I still lose WW while feeding, happened again last night. Started the feed animation, and bam elf again.

Where would I do it if that is what I need to do?
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZakuBeta wrote: »

Should I submit a bug report? I still lose WW while feeding, happened again last night. Started the feed animation, and bam elf again.

/bug in game brings up that menu. The timer should be stopped when feeding.
    Options
  • EvilDMb16_ESO
    EvilDMb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    CP5 wrote: »
    You realize how crap ww would be if it had no regen in form right? WW's aren't exactly known for their cheap spammable skills.

The costs of abilities should of course be looked at and WWs should have a big increase in Stam while in WW form, too.

My point is that I think it would be better if there would be downsides while staying in WW form as well but remove the short timer which forces you to constantly sprint from one enemy to the next.
    Options
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Lurk
    Options
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I should have said I am on the Xbox.
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I should have said I am on the Xbox.

It is under the help menu,, it is likely one of the last options on the menu (same layer as character stats/inventory/world map).
    Options
  • Maim
    Maim
    ✭✭
    Just make sure that as you apply these changes to Werewolves to make an already popular stam build choice even stronger that you remove the unnecessary need for Vampires to have an ability slotted to receive all BENEFITS from being a Vampire. Being a Vampire gets you all the detractions and debuffs WITHOUT needing a skill in the already small hotbar, Vampires don't DECIDE WHEN they choose to be Vampire form, so why then is this being overlooked in favor of the already obvious bonus of being a Werewolf?

Or wait. Don't want to upset those people immune to Fighter's Guild abilities when not in form, while still getting that stam regen bonus because the Ultimate/Change Form is slotted......
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maim wrote: »
    Just make sure that as you apply these changes to Werewolves to make an already popular stam build choice even stronger that you remove the unnecessary need for Vampires to have an ability slotted to receive all BENEFITS from being a Vampire. Being a Vampire gets you all the detractions and debuffs WITHOUT needing a skill in the already small hotbar, Vampires don't DECIDE WHEN they choose to be Vampire form, so why then is this being overlooked in favor of the already obvious bonus of being a Werewolf?

Or wait. Don't want to upset those people immune to Fighter's Guild abilities when not in form, while still getting that stam regen bonus because the Ultimate/Change Form is slotted......

This is not the place for vampire talk
    Edited by Chrlynsch on November 30, 2015 11:06PM
    Caius
    PC NA
    Options
  • Raynefr
    Raynefr
    Havent played in awhile, due to work reasons, but after finishing fallout, i saw that the second dlc was out for eso, and the first thing i did...was hop onto this specific forum, because i had to know if any changes were made to being a WW, primarily in the transformation/Maintain area..after reading every single comment from page 7 to 27, and hearing about how the time was cut down to 30s, idek if i can get back in...i get the whole balance thing..less time, moe damage...but like...no one was really begging for more damage. Sure there are comments about buffs, and passives, and stuff, but "more time plz" was what everyone was begging for...adding 100 points of damage at the expense of 10-20s cant be worth it..

tbh i give up on waiting for the devs..i'll do some research on youtube, and see if there are any current builds that manage to maximize the use of ww mode in all aspects of the game..the whole "have ww mode act as a second health bar that cant refill(or drain over time) unless through devour" was a cool idea. so was tying transformation time to ult numbers, so if you have 750 ult, after a mandatory time in ww form(like 10-12s,leaving you with say 650-630ult) you can change back and keep the remainder ult(and again giving it a cool down so that you cant repeatedly spam, and transforming forces the ult to decrease when you use it).

to the people enjoying WW as it is now, awesome. sometimes i have fun to, mostly when the situation is perfect. just enough enemies to feed me, but weak enough that i dont use all my time to kill. shines in pve in easy areas, but it doesnt scale at all from what ive experienced, and even though im somewhere between a casual and hardcore gamer, i know when a games mechanics need to be addressed, and when my stats arent up to par with what the game world has set my expectations
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Raynefr : WW is not perfect but it's playable in most case of PvE like veteran dungeon. (WW in PvP got its timer problem due to combat distance and other).
    If you have some issue maintaining the form in any PvE case, it is normal for a werewolf beginner, you have to learn some tricks.

The basic :
    -Take "Pack Leader" ultimate morph (it gives timer at every heavy attacks, even unfinished one)
    In combat :
    -Maintain your attack button for a second or less, just to begin an heavy attack
    -"Interrupt" this heavy attack by launching the skill of your DPS cycle
    -You gain 2s timer and damage your target with an heavy attack and skill
    -Repeat this cycle
    If you don't have enough stamina to interrupt your heavy attacks, just make a full one to regain stamina back or launch the magicka skill, it works the same.
    Don't forget to refresh your bleeding DoT with a light attack

If you do this trick quick enough, you'll gain timer in combat instead of loser it or at least maintain it.

Bonus : The Pack Leader passive is cumulative, it means that if you're 2 Pack Leader in a party nearby, you'll gain 4s for every heavy attacks and so on !

Devs have answer something that I told since the beginning of this topic : As long as there is combat, there is fur.
    Edited by draeganb16_ESO on December 5, 2015 2:33PM
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Raynefr : WW is not perfect but it's playable in most case of PvE like veteran dungeon. (WW in PvP got its timer problem due to combat distance and other).
    If you have some issue maintaining the form in any PvE case, it is normal for a werewolf beginner, you have to learn some tricks.

The basic :
    -Take "Pack Leader" ultimate morph (it gives timer at every heavy attacks, even unfinished one)
    In combat :
    -Maintain your attack button for a second or less, just to begin an heavy attack
    -"Interrupt" this heavy attack by launching the skill of your DPS cycle
    -You gain 2s timer and damage your target with an heavy attack and skill
    -Repeat this cycle
    If you don't have enough stamina to interrupt your heavy attacks, just make a full one to regain stamina back or launch the magicka skill, it works the same.
    Don't forget to refresh your bleeding DoT with a light attack

If you do this trick quick enough, you'll gain timer in combat instead of loser it or at least maintain it.

Bonus : The Pack Leader passive is cumulative, it means that if you're 2 Pack Leader in a party nearby, you'll gain 4s for every heavy attacks and so on !

Devs have answer something that I told since the beginning of this topic : As long as there is combat, there is fur.

That's some pretty useful info there! Thanks.

I've never had any real problems with werewolf, its obviously my favourite Ultimate, and one of my favourite things about the game. The only things I've had trouble with is that sometimes activating the ultimate doesn't work, you don't transform but all the ultimate is taken anyway, that's really annoying and unfair, but its a rare bug I believe. The other thing is the animation for the heavy attack, the wolf stands still with arms out for way too long, looks unnatural and weird. That's all really :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest issues for me as a Werewolf is when I want to adjust my action slots for it. I usually need more than 30 seconds to choose what I want to do with it and how I want to arrange it. I would really appreciate it if I could adjust my Wolf slots irrespective if I'm in human or wolf form.

Maybe by showing a second line of slots for your wolf on your bar number where you got the wolf ultimate (transform) slotted, or when you enter the wolf skill line category... or something like that. Anything is an improvement over having limited time to adjust your wolf's ability slots!

The issue that I only got 30 seconds to adjust it (if I got enough ultimate) is a reason why I don't bother using it or levelling it.
    Options
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭
    Korax wrote: »
    One of the biggest issues for me as a Werewolf is when I want to adjust my action slots for it. I usually need more than 30 seconds to choose what I want to do with it and how I want to arrange it. I would really appreciate it if I could adjust my Wolf slots irrespective if I'm in human or wolf form.

Maybe by showing a second line of slots for your wolf on your bar number where you got the wolf ultimate (transform) slotted, or when you enter the wolf skill line category... or something like that. Anything is an improvement over having limited time to adjust your wolf's ability slots!

The issue that I only got 30 seconds to adjust it (if I got enough ultimate) is a reason why I don't bother using it or levelling it.

I had this problem as well. A work around is to go to the shrine and transform. Your timer is stopped there, so you can re-adjust skills freely. Not the greatest of ways to adjust it, but it works.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.