Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izatar wrote: »
    I think maybe ZOS doesn't understand how serious this problem is because so many people are still online and playing. But this is because these people are in a competition for emperor and are willing to experience 1FPS if it means they can move up the ranks.
    It literally is 1FPS or lower sometimes. I haven't seen a bug this serious continue for so long in an MMO since shadowbane :(

Yh I was 5th in line for emperor but the hotfix made the game worse, no loading of objects or people friendly or enemy can't interact with doors and such so I gave a real *** take cos I know I have no chance now
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned earlier, we absolutely will push a fix sooner if it is at all possible.

So basically it will be Monday because we know you guys don't really work on weekends let alone on major holiday weekends to fix critical errors.
  • dean_steusloffub17_ESO
    :cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

Monday? Seriously?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom -- Due to the lengthy and frustrating delays that have essentially made this game unplayable to the PVP community, how many days of free compensation are your customers going to be receiving?

Notice I am not asking 'If' we're getting any. It's due. All that's worth negotiating is the amount of days (I say at least 14).

Good luck with your demands.
  • Fenris Wolffe
    Fenris Wolffe
    Soul Shriven
    We're continuing to work on the issue causing FPS drops and general game unresponsiveness. We've identified a handful of issues with ability PFX, and a potential memory leak cause. We have fixes we're working on for all of them now. The details some of you have provided have helped. Thank you.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. We want you to know we're still here, and still working on it. We know that an update of "We're still working on it" with very few new details is disappointing, but that is what we can offer right now. We'll continue to provide you updates.

What would have made this even better... "and we are going to roll out some game time, for those of you who have stuck with us through this growing process."
  • silvestru_liviueb17_ESO
    Is still beyond my lvl of comprehand why the devs are trying to fix some things that are still on live server more then doing a simple damn ROLLBACK to 1.2.2! (anyone heard of this stuff? :O ). Retreive your patch files to your pts, TEST (may i repeat? TEST) the creepy things you wanna release until you make sure is all ok, then put them up on live server!
    So EA style here! I thought they were unique, but nooo...

P.S. Would you pls just give up on your "awsome" interior illuminating whatever? i feel that thing/engine/... is causing all the damn mess around.
    Edited by silvestru_liviueb17_ESO on July 3, 2014 11:21AM
    ~~~ROMANIAN SPIRITS~~~
    ~ALDMERI DOMINION~
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    well...its now almost 14 days since this awesome patch broke the game half... and theres still not solution to it... i was pretty excited to play the game (got Colonel rank in 7 weeks of gaming) and now i ll unsub and wait till new 30 days campaigns are out and all this "amazing stuff" got proper fix. Cheers everyone....

HellSeesYou/AD
    AB Campaign/EU.
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Was wondering where you were, the zone chat misses your flailing at people not listening / not defending ;)
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    The most frustrating thing about this is that , after a bumpy launch, the game was finally getting to a decent place in terms of performance. They then reverted to something worse than launch because more glow had to be added.

Agreed. Everytime they get the game to its full potential it's another cluster flub. Why do you make me get angry at your game ZOS????
    For the night is dark and full of terrors.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Cyrodiil lag is fixed yet? We had a blast in Wabba last night until zergs killed us with lag. Had to stay off the beaten path and kill small groups
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really depressing...rainy three day weekend coming up with no pvp...
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned earlier, we absolutely will push a fix sooner if it is at all possible.

Here's an idea. Roll the servers back to a stable build and give the team adequate time to really fix this issue instead of continuing to apply band-aids on the the player hemorrhaging issue. In my 17 years of playing MMOs I have never once seen a game breaking issue like this remain live for this length of time.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • era5or
    era5or
    Soul Shriven
    Could people that are still haveing fps issues monitor if its just big groups of players or npc also, i found that i could sit in a quiet friendly zone of npc, no players around me, eg a farm that has 20+ npc, fps would be fine, but once i use any abilitys it would drop instanly, felt almost like an input/output bug where the client cache isnt clearing your last request. which would also answer why people are reporting latency in requests being complete and also hearing sounds of weapons and spells almost upto 10mins after they have used the sound...

Just a thought, but Id put my money on it being a client input/output error in the code, it certainly has nothing to do with the net connection as connection load is very low... also i forced my gfx so that it will never go into idle mode, since people had reported this also, but seemed to still get the same issues.. it all points to input/output streams of the client....
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That this issue is about to be live through a US holiday weekend is absolutely flabbergasting and appalling. On top of that, the standard renewal date for anyone who pre-ordered and had head start time is about to come rolling around right after this weekend.

It is imperative that ZOS do something before July 4th's business day ends. If it rolls into the weekend and this continues, I forsee a lot of people just gone, never to return.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom -- I don't ask for compensation time just because I want a handout. While I believe the playerbase certainly deserves it for the complete unplayability of the client - you need it, too. Those accounts need to be extended to give people a chance to see your fix and decide to keep playing.

If the next sub renewal date comes up before this issue is fixed - ESO is dead.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That this issue is about to be live through a US holiday weekend is absolutely flabbergasting and appalling. On top of that, the standard renewal date for anyone who pre-ordered and had head start time is about to come rolling around right after this weekend.

It is imperative that ZOS do something before July 4th's business day ends. If it rolls into the weekend and this continues, I forsee a lot of people just gone, never to return.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom -- I don't ask for compensation time just because I want a handout. While I believe the playerbase certainly deserves it for the complete unplayability of the client - you need it, too. Those accounts need to be extended to give people a chance to see your fix and decide to keep playing.

If the next sub renewal date comes up before this issue is fixed - ESO is dead.

Nah, they'll still have just enough diehards left that will continue to pay to beta test for the console release. That's what they're banking on- "box" sales for consoles and getting a stable playable game for consoles considering that the last two big ES titles sold far more in console-kiddie format than pc. We have just all been chumps and guinea pigs to that end.

If they can use the period between now and console release to get something approaching playable, the unnecessary culling of the pc pop/playerbase won't make or break them.

:'(
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was there maintenance today? has anyone checked the situation since?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    was there maintenance today? has anyone checked the situation since?

There was maintenance today. I am at work and can't check the stability though.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No better. Through massive optimization I was able to maintain 5 FPS in a sizable keep battle today. Not a massive keep battle - but at 5 FPS there were at least no invisible pulsar spammers and I was able to interact with siege.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    No better. Through massive optimization I was able to maintain 5 FPS in a sizable keep battle today. Not a massive keep battle - but at 5 FPS there were at least no invisible pulsar spammers and I was able to interact with siege.

baby steps I guess...
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

baby steps I guess...

I wouldn't call those baby steps. 5 fps is still unacceptable.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >_> Not sure if I want to tell you.

@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please pass on to your tech folks that if they want to check what skills/combinations instantly cause the issue, they should look at the AD emperor group on NA Wabbajack.

I get the issue fighting other groups sometimes but as soon as I am near the AD emperor group I get it instantly, and every time.
    Edited by Talcyndl on July 3, 2014 8:20PM
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is getting out of hand. The game has been basically unplayable for almost two weeks, I can't believe it isn't hemorrhaging players.

Lot's of people (myself included) are (were?) looking forward to playing over the holiday weekend. I foresee an epic conflict brewing for Dawnbreaker this weekend. But if this FPS issue doesn't get fixed… I think it will be an epic fail for this game instead.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting out of hand. The game has been basically unplayable for almost two weeks, I can't believe it isn't hemorrhaging players.

Lot's of people (myself included) are (were?) looking forward to playing over the holiday weekend. I foresee an epic conflict brewing for Dawnbreaker this weekend. But if this FPS issue doesn't get fixed… I think it will be an epic fail for this game instead.

I agree. I don't know how much clearer my own opinions can get. The fact that we're, at best, getting a snippet of info every other day from ZOS is infuriating as well.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom and other team members should be updating at least every day with what the status of the situation is. I highly doubt that Jessica's one of the coders, so it's very unlikely her at least communicating with us is going to slow down the fix's progress in any way.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fighting outside Sejanus tonight no fps drop at all..both sides pull out meatbag catapults and I drop to 2
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    One way to get action when there is no alternatives, send it to the press and social media and cc the world in.
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just suffering through pvp now . As soon as fps drops I relog..kill a few ppl or die and relog again.Its painful.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. During any midsized fight, my FPS drops to 20 now, then afterwards stabilizes at 30 and goes no higher. I have to relog to get FPS back to 60, only to repeat the cycle over and over...
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Kira_Night
    Kira_Night
    ✭✭
    Kirsika wrote: »
    Same. During any midsized fight, my FPS drops to 20 now, then afterwards stabilizes at 30 and goes no higher. I have to relog to get FPS back to 60, only to repeat the cycle over and over...

You are sooo lucky to have double numbered FPS in fights! What is your secret? =)

I still have drops up to 0,8 FPS while raiding in a group with my guild. And it's totaly unplayable. But when I'm alone it gets better, not less than 7-8 FPS even in massive fights. However, still feeling disgusting after 15 minutes of playing with 7-8 FPS. =(

The typical game time in ESO: You enter the game - 70-35 FPS during next 10 minutes - then 35-20 FPS for another 10 minutes - and it finally gets to 7-8 FPS next 10 minutes - then relog and again... After 2-3 relogs and 2-3 critical errors - Rage Quit! Thank you Zenimax for making a trash from the game of my dream =/

And I'm sure that they will be lying near the sweeming pool drinking a beer during this weekend, while their customers will keep leaving ESO because of that terrible FPS drops. o:)
    Edited by Kira_Night on July 4, 2014 7:47AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to get 50 FPS, but then I took a patch 1.2.3
    Edited by Rylana on July 4, 2014 7:47AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kira_Night
    Kira_Night
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I used to get 50 FPS, but then I took a patch 1.2.3

The same s**t man. And even patch 1.2.4 which killed normal gaming at all...
    However, you can enjoy an improved light inside some buildings! All players are sooo excited about that...
    Edited by Kira_Night on July 4, 2014 7:51AM