Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hire the guy who made the flappy bird. It may solve your problems, ZoS.

Just a customer suggestion.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Mama oooh... Didn't mean to make you cry

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow .....I left for WILLDSTARRR

Too late, my time has come....
  • Warz
    Warz
    ✭✭✭
    TomLukman wrote: »
    Rana1014 wrote: »
    FPS doesn't go back to normal until you relog, even if you're not near a battle

Actually, you don't have to. Leaving Cyrodiil by going to another campaign or a different realm fixes it too, however simple logging is often more practical. Also, I once logged out of 5 fps area just to log back into it and having 10-15 fps so restarting client isn't always a solution unfortunately.
    Leaving doesn't always work either I used to do that until I teleported back in to being rolled back then into an infinite loading and also back in with instant fps drop to single digit fps again
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leewells wrote: »
    Volcanic Rune <-- Culprit. Every time I see it cast on someone close by or myself my FPS goes from a solid 92-130 to 3; also walls and surfaces seem to have high saturation of all colors (everything is white-washed and colorless). I've confirmed this with several others in my guild which is why we've stopped using it.

I can confirm it's an issue as when I see someone cast it in PvE I know I'm going to have restart the game. I don't think it's the heart of the problem though. I think it's just the easiest symptom to see. An instant trigger.

That said, perhaps it's somewhere for them to start with their testing. It's a very reliable gamebuster so it should speed up the process.

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im also finding that ballistas dont cause lag but multiple oilpots seem to cause a problem and when I run by a fire pot trebuchet and all i can hear is the bubbling of a firepot over and over and over...FPS is about to drop
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been out there since last week. I have to ask you all... are you masochists? :P
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been out there since last week. I have to ask you all... are you masochists? :P

I get the fps drop in pve too and I don't like pve to begin with ... so unless I go back to playing 2048 there isn't much else to do.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the fps drop in pve too and I don't like pve to begin with ... so unless I go back to playing 2048 there isn't much else to do.

Surely anything is better than bashing your head against a wall at 5FPS. I guess you might glitch through the wall you're headbutting after a while and be able to get to the enemy spawn. Is that what everyone's up to?

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely anything is better than bashing your head against a wall at 5FPS. I guess you might glitch through the wall you're headbutting after a while and be able to get to the enemy spawn. Is that what everyone's up to?

Well to be fair, relogging 'fixes' it for about 5 mins
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh good point. I imagine the FPS issue is only a problem when you're involved in any form of combat too. Sounds easy enough to work around. I'll be out there shortly! ;)

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh good point. I imagine the FPS issue is only a problem when you're involved in any form of combat too. Sounds easy enough to work around. I'll be out there shortly! ;)

naw actually once the FPS tanks badly you are basically screwed regardless of what's happening and it's time to alt F4 again. I wonder if this hotfix was actually just to test their login server
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They remind me on EA.
    HMmmm i just ask myself "why is that?"
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

We're PvP Junkies tryn' ta get our fix!

...I wonder how the role-players are incorporating this lag into their gameplay...
    Edited by Perphection on July 2, 2014 9:23PM
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...I wonder how the role-players are incorporating this lag into their gameplay...

"I put on my wizard robe... and go to a rave..."
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭

Skooma
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Iiiiiiiii sssaaaaaalllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuttttttteeeeeee yyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuooooooooooo gggoooooooodddd ssssssiiiiiiirrrrrrr!

/emote broken game
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take a lot of screenshots and use windows slideshow and get the same experience as pvp.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're continuing to work on the issue causing FPS drops and general game unresponsiveness. We've identified a handful of issues with ability PFX, and a potential memory leak cause. We have fixes we're working on for all of them now. The details some of you have provided have helped. Thank you.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. We want you to know we're still here, and still working on it. We know that an update of "We're still working on it" with very few new details is disappointing, but that is what we can offer right now. We'll continue to provide you updates.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭

"I put on my wizard robe... and go to a rave..."

Haha, I have imagined that they would pretend like it was Groundhogs Day! With every rollback they try something new that will hopefully alleviate their problems.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You took a week to apply a hotfix that didn't work, Now THAT is disappointing.
    AbraXuS
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're continuing to work on the issue causing FPS drops and general game unresponsiveness. We've identified a handful of issues with ability PFX, and a potential memory leak cause. We have fixes we're working on for all of them now. The details some of you have provided have helped. Thank you.

We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused. We want you to know we're still here, and still working on it. We know that an update of "We're still working on it" with very few new details is disappointing, but that is what we can offer right now. We'll continue to provide you updates.

An update is ALL we want right now, well I mean we want it fixed too. But don't abandon us at a critical time like this.

This was a giant step in the right direction in my eyes, and I thank you. My sincerest apologies if I've upset you over the past week.

Thank you for this post.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well according to my guildmates there are substantial improvements. Our home campaing is strongly populated and a lot of battles are ongoing at this moment. (Bloodthorn EU)
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Quite a few of us are still in your corner and continual communication like this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

Monday? Seriously?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom -- Due to the lengthy and frustrating delays that have essentially made this game unplayable to the PVP community, how many days of free compensation are your customers going to be receiving?

Notice I am not asking 'If' we're getting any. It's due. All that's worth negotiating is the amount of days (I say at least 14).
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Well according to my guildmates there are substantial improvements. Our home campaing is strongly populated and a lot of battles are ongoing at this moment. (Bloodthorn EU)

like what kind of numbers are we talking about? is it at least double digit fps now?
  • zulikab14_ESO
    zulikab14_ESO
    ✭✭

I feel like I am stating the obvious here, but if ZoS is serious about waiting for a Monday patch without the thought and/or necessary approvals for rolling back asap then common sense is missing at some level of management.

The only other thing I can think of is that they simply hate their customers -or at best take them for granted. I hope there is a diseased part of management that can be removed for the better health of the community and the game as a whole.

While this issue has caused many heartaches and poundings of desks, the lackadaisical response is the most concerning of all.
    Edited by zulikab14_ESO on July 2, 2014 11:42PM
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me, Monday? Another weekend of this absolute garbage? You should be working around the clock fixing this, It's been nearly 2 week lol.
    AbraXuS
    Clan Leader of eXile

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Monday? Seriously?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom -- Due to the lengthy and frustrating delays that have essentially made this game unplayable to the PVP community, how many days of free compensation are your customers going to be receiving?

Notice I am not asking 'If' we're getting any. It's due. All that's worth negotiating is the amount of days (I say at least 14).

Exactly. If ZOS cannot see fit to give us several days free after this custerfluck...