Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Lisa
    Lisa
    ✭✭✭
    Monday? Rude! :cry:
    Blessed are those who explore the unbeaten path...
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most frustrating thing about this is that , after a bumpy launch, the game was finally getting to a decent place in terms of performance. They then reverted to something worse than launch because more glow had to be added.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• torli
    torli
    ✭✭✭
    Monday? Are you serious?
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    Monday? What the F**K! How can you have people not able to play the game for such a long time and consider that ok?
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    As mentioned earlier, we absolutely will push a fix sooner if it is at all possible.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with 14 day codes for everyone I assume.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Along with 14 day codes for everyone I assume.

Yeah, they really should. It would be beneficial to the longevity of the game. So many people have unsubscribed at this point, that additional game time could effectively stop the bleeding.

What I WISH would happen, is that they would fix all of the issues surrounding this game and give EVERYONE who purchased the game 1-Month of free game time. It would bring much needed life back to this game.

We brought 92 PvPers from 5 Guilds in GW2 to this game, we know have 5 active players. It's a shame because I'd really like to play with my friends, but unfortunately they lost their patience.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    :cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

lol... long weekend... wait til monday to fix game breaking issue.. after game was already unplayable all last weekend..
    Edited by Kevinmon on July 3, 2014 1:04AM
  • derekdew339_ESO
    This is depressing.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, so they are going drinking for the 4th - and the players - who pay their salaries - can go pound sand....or just decide to go play a different game.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • xFusionx
    xFusionx
    This is ZOS...I can't say I'm surprised
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned earlier, we absolutely will push a fix sooner if it is at all possible.

Compensation, Jessica? Give us 2 weeks of free subs ot make up for your two weeks of UTTER UNPLAYABILITY.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Kevinmon wrote: »
    :cookie:

Any chance these fixes will get implemented before subs are up?

We're aiming for Monday for the next patch, but if we are able to push any fixes sooner we will.

lol... long weekend... wait til monday to fix game breaking issue.. after game was already unplayable all last weekend..
    I would like to have such a loooooooong weekend every week. Tuesday till Sunday - great!

ontopic:

With every "fix" so far it got worse for me. First fps drops happened once or twice on a long day in Cyrodiil and could eysily be removed with restarting the game once or twice in a row. Now I have to restart the game every 30 min (and have to do it 3 or 4 times in a row) to get rid of fps drops for the next 30 min.

This totally reminds me of the drama with Age of Conan in 2008, which was undoubtedly in worse shape than ESO when released, but got worse with every patch in June and Juli 2008, so at the End of Juli 2008 I was a second away from cancelling my abo. They then got a handle on the most important problems (like stability and performance) and the game stabilized on a low niveau.

In my opinion Zenimax now has reached a crossroads. Up till now it were broken quests and abilities as well as balancing issues, but now the stability of the game is decreasing and this is a factor even the more patient players like me can not live with. If a quest is broken, I leave it and do another. If an ability is broken, I find another way to play. If there are class balancing issues my mood darkens, but I will find a way to deal with it. But if the performance of a game is bad (lags, low fps) I can't live with it anymore. And guessing from a lot of commentaries in forums and ingame I'm not the only one to see it this way.

So please, get a grip on the problems and fix them FAST.
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Xau
    Xau
    ✭✭
    Why not just roll back to before cyrodiil was broken and fix things before you reinstate the updates?
    Edited by Xau on July 3, 2014 1:50AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even leave outposts now I have to relog in order to use a door. I have to relog in order to sheathe a weapon.I cant see enemies unless they're standing right on me..for a long time.Utterly ridiculous
    Edited by Tintinabula on July 3, 2014 2:30AM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You might as well close off cyrodill and stop pretending you have playable content running. Its an insult to say youre looking for a fix at this point and not providing us with your Plan B action to implementing a bad patch.. which you clearly dont have.
  • Chivana
    Chivana
    ✭✭✭
    Monday NA, so Tuesday EU? And probably by then europeans can read already that again it didn't fix anything...

But it doesn't really matter anymore, my sub runs out in a few days. A nice game totally wasted, so sad.
    Edited by Chivana on July 3, 2014 6:17AM
    Chivana "Amazon Queen" Krelog (Chivana@Chivana)
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* I feel like I am at a funeral
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Izatar
    Izatar
    ✭✭✭
    I think maybe ZOS doesn't understand how serious this problem is because so many people are still online and playing. But this is because these people are in a competition for emperor and are willing to experience 1FPS if it means they can move up the ranks.
    It literally is 1FPS or lower sometimes. I haven't seen a bug this serious continue for so long in an MMO since shadowbane :(
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys...?

Am I dead? Am I in hell?
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Molisin01
    Molisin01
    ✭✭
    I am not sure if this is due to the lag .. but more than likely it is. When I am trying to do an anchor I see little red blips on my HUD but nothing but PCs on the viewscreen. I see the PCs fighting air, but I can not see the mobs to hit them so I end up shooting at what I see is air. This has just started happening. Not sure why they decided to break the game with this last patch, but it is currently pretty much unplayable in its current state. I jumped two mobs on the road and they both died and about six seconds later I am hit with a thrown weapon from "no one"(especially not the dead bandits on the ground)
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Well according to my guildmates there are substantial improvements. Our home campaing is strongly populated and a lot of battles are ongoing at this moment. (Bloodthorn EU)

like what kind of numbers are we talking about? is it at least double digit fps now?

I did not ask for specific numbers but yes, that was my impression. As I said there were a high pop (EP locked, DC high, AD medium), that was unplayable before the hotfix.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they are working fast, as this will kill off endgame player population if it is allowed to go on much longer. I got two VR12's, when I log I want to PvP or do Trials. Trials is still kind of possible, but so many people in my guild have these FPS issues in trials as well, which indirectly impedes me as well. Waiting for people to run back because of constant restarting of the game to allieviate this bug is not quality play time.

Zenimax, I wish you would get your priorities straight. Even if this is unrelated to the new interior lighting, your only priority should be to stabilize the game, not introduce new problems in every patch. You have a dedicated following of players who have been able to look past tons of bugs since release, but we do not have infinite patience.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I take a slice out of the Life of Brian and look on the bright side I guess, finally, surely, by jeez, ZOS will learn how important PvP actually is and how important it is to actually test code before releasing live.

First: fix this FPS cripple. Baby steps.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS rushes broken patch that doesn't fix things - people laugh.

ZOS takes their time in patching to fix properly - people scream.

They know how much damage they are doing at the moment, and frankly they must be pretty distraught over it all. But we also need to realise that they can't appease both camps at once, after the fact, so now we have to be patient.

Solution? ZOS really must test the bejesus out of the patches before they go out first time around to avoid this hot mess.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this stage I would be surprised if this is actually fixed on Monday, given two patches have gone out now said to fix this - and it clearly isn't fixed.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I wouldn't think to much about ZOS situation and position coz actually ZOS caused whole mess. I don't feel sympathy or anything similar to it coz after i make recap i was the one who was denied right to play in the time i payed for. This is not first time. For me this is third time i had to deal with game i cant play. First two times i had 301 error and i was not reimbursed for lost time - and it wasn't my fault in first place. ZOS will not reimburse us this time - so actually they don't show - they care or even recognise that mistake was on their part.
    Why i would show sympathy when ZOS and I don't have healthy business relationship ?
    Even more unfortunate thing is that ESO is MMO . For MMO player base is of essence . Since ESO crossed the line long time ago - every new *** up like this is draining players big time. Result of fps drops is damaging to the game as such in long run.
    Bottom line is - i am not sure when i log in next time that i will have decent gaming experience coz statistically its higher possibility i will spend my time searching the net for solution of the problem caused by pure negligence from ZOS part.
    ZOS organisations is showing that they don't have procedures in place which are set in order to uphold best business practice.
    They especially lacking in two departments - quality control and pr thats why we got fps bug in first place and such bad communication since they started to work on solution ( which they solved twice already :)))).

• bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They especially lacking in two departments - quality control and pr thats why we got fps bug in first place and such bad communication since they started to work on solution ( which they solved twice already :)))).

It's fixed FOR REAL this time though...right?
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Kira_Night
    Kira_Night
    ✭✭
    I'm sure that if all these FPS drops and freezes and bugs with doors, groups and other staff issues will not be fixed untill the end of the next week, ZOS can close the whole ESO project and can start searching for other ways of making money... not connected with computers or programming...

If I personally will not see a FPS drop issue fixed nearest Monday, I'll cancell my subscription and will play DOTA (because by now there is still no any other good mass PVP MMO game yet).

Though, the idea of good mass PVP game is still attracting me. And if I see that ESO became a playable game - I will still choose ESO.
    Edited by Kira_Night on July 3, 2014 10:14AM
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really must be a PvP thing. After the little patch yesterday I played almost 8 hours without a problem. No freezes, unknown errors, etc. Haven't had that happen in almost a month.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)