Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait and see if they fix this crap on Monday.

If not I guess I wont be putting my renewal information back in.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    They are not left they are just fps disabled and and waiting. They will come back one day and then hell will get lose . What day that will be :)
  • Ethyem
    Ethyem
    Soul Shriven
    Someone is waiting for what? That people that look at the game they broke for two weeks and don't do rollback to 1.2.2 (to test 1.2.3 normally at the very least) <- that people will do something? People whose representative said that they are working hard and so on, but hmmm nothing happened before monday, not even update.
    Wonder if anyone in ZOS even work on holidays/weekend.
    Edited by Ethyem on July 6, 2014 2:32PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the most frustrating thing is the communication of other things like veteran experience changes.... while this performance issues is 10x more of a problem...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »
    There once was a game called ESO
    It was so full of bugs it got the heave-hoe
    Along came the fanboys
    Protecting their scam toy
    Now they're all alone acting emo

Made my day! :)
    Edited by Morticielle on July 7, 2014 6:16PM
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    There once was a game called ESO
    It was so full of bugs it got the heave-hoe
    Along came the fanboys
    Protecting their scam toy
    Now they're all alone acting emo

Made my day! :)

Thanks...I aim to please...one thing though :p You misquoted in your post- grim13 didn't write that...Forumfail ;)
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    All these devs should really reexamine their chosen professions, as they are either incompetent, or half the dev team is working on the console version. Both of which is probably why this game's patches aren't tested properly.

I logged in for 5 minutes today in PvP, started at 70 FPS and went down to 5 two minutes later and logged off.

Having this kind of a problem for a week is disgraceful.
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radio silence is prolly more due to them celebrating holiday weekend with barbecue & swimmingpool shenanigans...

This holiday weekend might leave some of them without jobs if this isn't fixed Monday.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot more than their own jobs is on the line here, and I'm pretty sure they know it already.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    They passed point of no return like 2 days after they released 1.2.3 , Now reversing that patch would make more harm than benefit - however that might sound unbelievable. If they are deciding right now they actually chose between losing 30% of pvp players base and on the other side they might lose whole game. Even i wouldn't pull the plug today . Probability they will reverse 1.2.3 is below 5% . Why they haven't made that decision before ? Look - guys from zenimax lose on regular basis information from dev department to cs department or whoever writes patch notes. U can imagine how well their software documentation looks like. I hope they will fix it but i dont expect that will happen soon.
    Personally if i am game director i would make resignation coz all this proves that he wasnt able to protect company top investment.
    Note: one thing puzzles me from beginning of this fps thing and never asked till now-if this patch version 1.2.3 was on pts - how come none reported fps drops ? If 1.2.3 as such wasnt on pts servers and if they structured tests well than something they added after that pts version is screwing the game.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on July 6, 2014 11:41PM
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    Personally never expected them to reverse the patch. I just expected a little more "this needs fixed urgently" from them.

Instead we got "should have a fix on Monday, see you then" the last two weeks.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will not reverse the patch I agree with the above posters
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    PVP has suffered a significant population drop, where there used to be 3 locked campaigns I am only seeing 2 bars across all servers. What have others seen?

I attribute this directly to the FPS issue. My biggest concern is regaining that population isn't going to be as easy as announcing a fix and hope everyone will rush back.

Please don't kill PVP.
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any odds takers on the chances for the patch today to potentially fix this 2 week old PvP breaking bug?

I'm gonna be generous and give them a 30% chance of fixing it.

PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    bitaken wrote: »
    Any odds takers on the chances for the patch today to potentially fix this 2 week old PvP breaking bug?

I'm sorry but I think you're being very optimistic. It's quite certain that they haven't fixed FPS yet.
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO

Don't ever bet mate. Your coefficients are screwed . I say 5% tops.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    I had to relog so many times to temp fix the FPS.

I eventually quit playing in cyrodiil because all of the good DC left, and i was left with the AP farmers who would rather farm AP than make any keep capture progress

And how exactly are we supposed to take a keep playing the slide show? I shoot a siege weapon and 10 seconds later I see the bolt leaving the weapon and then another 10 seconds I see it hit the wall but then another 10 seconds I am dead. My frustrations have reached the limit, I switched to trials and had more issues with this game with disconnects and spells not working that I ended up logging off and watching stuff on the DVR. My sub is up this Saturday and if there not an improvement I can see me canceling it before then.
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph
    I think they have realized noob programmer won't save them money. I won't renew my sub untill they fix the game well.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't enter PVP without seeing in /zone -

"Anyone else having FPS problems"

"yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
    "yup"
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    any word on if today's patch maintenance is going to fix the FPS issues?
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any word on if today's patch maintenance is going to fix the FPS issues?

Nope (meaning no we don't know).
  • pitdemon_ESO
    pitdemon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday about mid-day EST Wabba had a server reset, after which 99% of my problems went away. I went from relogging every 30 minutes to relogging once in 4 hours.

Also, the amount of players I was around actually increased due to some threeway action on DC's failed emperor push, and I noticed a bunch of effects like fog and rain that I've hitherto never seen in Cyrodiil.

Talked in zone about it for a bit and it seemed to have been about 50/50 as to whether people's performance was actually better. In terms of hard numbers I went from 10-18 FPS with about 15 people or less on screen to about 30-40 FPS with 80+ people on screen after server reset. I get 70-80 normally outside of Cyrodiil.
    The Grixxitt of Melek - Alfar Nightblade
    Grixx of the Reach - Crafter/Reachwitch/Sorceror

Must...downvote...stupidity... (clicks sidebar furiously)
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't ever bet mate. Your coefficients are screwed . I say 5% tops.

I'd say 70% chance of fixing FPS, with 50% chance of breaking the login screen and adding another random error.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was extremely frustrating with constant drops to the less than 3 FPS slideshow and continual reboots. If it wasn't happening to so many people I would have expected to be booted from my group. Painful to play!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Servers up! Come home to Wabba and let's check together!
    Edited by TheBull on July 7, 2014 3:00PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Survey Says?!?!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Survey Says?!?!

as soon as I logged in someone said "fixed" Idk if they've been in a large battle though.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Survey Says?!?!

as soon as I logged in someone said "fixed" Idk if they've been in a large battle though.

please let it be true, please let it be true
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes were pretty murky on if it was fixed or not. so id guess no.
    Edited by KBKB on July 7, 2014 3:09PM
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    Patch notes were pretty murky on if it was fixed or not. so id guess no.

Well considering they never announced the Forward Camp fix in any patch notes....

:)

But that aside, I REALLY hope it is fixed. I've been 'toughing' it out and playing through it. But after playing yesterday afternoon I started to get a physical reaction (extreme dizziness, nausea and feeling like I was going to pass out). :(

I realized my body decided it was time to take a break until this is fixed.

Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/