Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mid 30s in Daggerfall's bank facing a blank wall. Drops to about mid 20s to 30 if I look at the crowd.

Dropped to 15-20 in Spindleclutch. I've had mobs take time to appear, textures stay low-res for a while, spell projectiles not appear...

Not seeing any demonstrable improvement.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres some fun info.

Gave up on PvP for now, tired of the slideshow funhouse.

So I go to Coldharbor to grind some zombies at the vile lab to level up some skills ive been neglecting on my DK.

I am having the same issues there I was in PvP. Model desync, models not even loading, ability visual fx delay or not even showing full stop, other players phasing in and out of my visual field, etc.

This is ... to be nice about it... absolutely laughable and shameful. About the only difference is unlike in Cyrodiil my FPS doesnt slowly tank to 0 and freeze the whole client up. I still cant play because I cant see anything on the screen, things are literally not loading into visual.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    OMG a HOTFIX?! And a real response on an issue that matters! Is this real life?
    Please stop being a total jerk against someone who is just trying to help out. Acting like a jerk is in no way beneficial to either ESO, these forums or yourself.

Respect is earned, not given ..

It works both ways. There's little chance for the effective communication when people can't restrain themselves to begin with.

IMO you're doing the rest of us a huge disservice with your narcissistic responses, and you're hardly in a position to pontificate.

Whatever the state of the game might be, I have a huge amount of respect for Gina and Jessica for having to endure this. What a ratty job they have putting up with the tirades that happen daily here. People are shooting the messenger and that's just so totally not cool.

It's probably more appropriate that you post your concerns about the game here ... this area is for general discussion about the game. The way you communicate doesn't allow for healthy dialogue.

When people complain about the lack of communication from Zenimax I think how ironic it is that this complaint is coming from people who don't know the meaning of communication themselves.
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Heres some fun info.

So I go to Coldharbor to grind some zombies at the vile lab to level up some skills ive been neglecting on my DK.

I am having the same issues there I was in PvP. Model desync, models not even loading, ability visual fx delay or not even showing full stop, other players phasing in and out of my visual field, etc.

This is ... to be nice about it... absolutely laughable and shameful. About the only difference is unlike in Cyrodiil my FPS doesnt slowly tank to 0 and freeze the whole client up. I still cant play because I cant see anything on the screen, things are literally not loading into visual.

But hey at least were paying for a quality product AMIRITE?????
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »
    Please stop being a total jerk against someone who is just trying to help out. Acting like a jerk is in no way beneficial to either ESO, these forums or yourself.

It works both ways. There's little chance for the effective communication when people can't restrain themselves to begin with.

IMO you're doing the rest of us a huge disservice with your narcissistic responses, and you're hardly in a position to pontificate.

Whatever the state of the game might be, I have a huge amount of respect for Gina and Jessica for having to endure this. What a ratty job they have putting up with the tirades that happen daily here. People are shooting the messenger and that's just so totally not cool.

It's probably more appropriate that you post your concerns about the game here ... this area is for general discussion about the game. The way you communicate doesn't allow for healthy dialogue.

When people complain about the lack of communication from Zenimax I think how ironic it is that this complaint is coming from people who don't know the meaning of communication themselves.

While we should not shoot the messenger - the messenger needs to be able to communicate real information at this point. Sorry - but sometime SOON doesn't cut it.

Most of my friends have un-subbed. We all want to play the game - but no one in their right mind can call what we have now as playable. 1.2.2 was playable - fun - downright addicting.

Now?

I would rather watch Discovery channel survival shows.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every ones sub is up in 8 days?..7 days? ZOS will feel the REAL brunt of their slow response time then.UNLESS there's a miracle patch waiting in the wings (and there could be)((fingers crossed.))
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »

IMO you're doing the rest of us a huge disservice

I stopped reading about.... there... Yup, that's where I lost interest.

Didn't want to waste anymore of my time with your post. I'm doing this game a much needed service, voicing my opinion and my dissatisfaction. I've noticed by doing so, others have found their voice as well. Zenimax needs to hear the truth, and not be pampered by the fanboys.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya know I'm finding it odd that emperor groups on Wabbajack seem to be running around completely unaffected by the fps drop..wonder whats on about that.?

Critical error (artdata)
    Data load failure
    Edited by Tintinabula on July 2, 2014 3:41AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also still have it. At first it was not so bad, then it grew worse and worse. it eventually got to the point it was downright awful:( wanted to take a break from Vet zones(rivenspire and the alikir desert took a lot out of me. lol. very boring zones btw. do NOT look forward to doing them again) but that wont happen. maybe by the time I hit Vr10 it will be fixed.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya know I'm finding it odd that emperor groups on Wabbajack seem to be running around completely unaffected by the fps drop..wonder whats on about that.?

Critical error (artdata)
    Data load failure

I often thought these types of groups and rainbowtrains caused the lag for others but remained mostly unaffected themselves making the faceroll even easier.

I don't think that's the case with this epic fail by Zeni though. This is their massive mess of spaghetti code. There'll be no one around next month and it'll still lag in Cyrodiil for the casuals who come looking for shards if they stumble across each other by some miracle.

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres some fun info.

basically just proves how pathetic their 'testing' is
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Komma wrote: »
    Komma wrote: »
    Hey there everyone. We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We hope to roll this out for everyone soon, and will let you all know as soon as we do.

Is this just fantasy...

caught in a landslide...

No escape from reality.

o/~ Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee! o/~
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,

because i'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low

o/~ Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me. o/~

Mama, just killed a man.
    Put a gun against his head...

Pulled my trigger now he's dead...

Mama, life had just begun,
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama oooh... Didn't mean to make you cry
    Edited by Aeradon on July 2, 2014 8:16AM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Mama oooh... Didn't mean to make you cry

If I'm not back again this time tomorrow .....I left for WILLDSTARRR
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vote for a rollback - and this patch to be PTR tested as it should have been here:
    - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/116657/should-zos-rollback-to-1-2-2-and-ptr-1-2-3-1-2-4-until-it-is-working#latest
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    what would be helpful is if all posters here list their CPU, GPU sys info when commenting, otherwise, it all seems too "anecdotal." There is a concrete problem and needs a concrete solution based on actual sys info. :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    what would be helpful is if all posters here list their CPU, GPU sys info when commenting, otherwise, it all seems too "anecdotal." There is a concrete problem and needs a concrete solution based on actual sys info. :)

Because it is not our machines. they worked just fine a week ago.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could fight with 18fps. I have 2

Same here, I'd be thrilled with 18fps.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could make do with 10 really.

Its kinda sad that currently if I get 10 FPS in a fight I actually feel "useful" and like speedy gonzales.

Take the shackles off, christ.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the game - not our systems. If you have been paying attention to this topic (which you clearly haven't) you'd know that it has nothing to do with our systems and drivers.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me clearly state this for you. It is not our systems.

Did you get that?

It is not our systems.

Why can I say this with such absolute brute force truth?

Here is why:

1)I had no FPS issue in 1.2.2
    2) nothing on my machine changed from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3/4
    3) I ran through several player suggested FPS improvements and some of them worked - some of them did nothing. None of them prevented the FPS drop to 4 FPS when there is a big keep battle and lots going on.
    4) Every single one of my guild members is having a frame rate drop. The rates vary. The guy with the brand spanking new super rig goes down to around 20 FPS. The guy with the two year old gaming rig goes to 2 FPS...the guy with 1 year old rig goes to 10 FPS.

So I can say with absolute surety this is not on our end. What is different for all of us experiencing the FPS drop?

1.2.3/4 and the most recent hotfix.

Simple fact - there is a common denominator with the performance issue.

1.2.3/4

Roll it back to 1.2.2 - do the right thing at this point ZOS - or you are really gonna be hoping on a solid console release - because no one will be left playing the PC version.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    Volcanic Rune <-- Culprit. Every time I see it cast on someone close by or myself my FPS goes from a solid 92-130 to 3; also walls and surfaces seem to have high saturation of all colors (everything is white-washed and colorless). I've confirmed this with several others in my guild which is why we've stopped using it.
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

The FPS issues are 100% not my systems fault.

Core I7 4820K Extreme
    X2 GTX Titan Black SLI
    16Gb G Skill Trident x @2400mhz

• TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Rana1014 wrote: »
    FPS doesn't go back to normal until you relog, even if you're not near a battle

Actually, you don't have to. Leaving Cyrodiil by going to another campaign or a different realm fixes it too, however simple logging is often more practical. Also, I once logged out of 5 fps area just to log back into it and having 10-15 fps so restarting client isn't always a solution unfortunately.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the FPS lock itself down to 1 on several occasions yesterday.

Relogging is a temporary relief, or zoning. Anything to force it to reload the area. Any battle beyond just a few people and it tanks lower and lower until back down to 1.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Roll it back to 1.2.2 - do the right thing at this point ZOS - or you are really gonna be hoping on a solid console release - because no one will be left playing the PC version.

This is what it's all about. What many of you don't realize is that you have all been paying to beta test so they CAN have a solid console release. Because they clearly don't care about having a stable and working game for what little pc playerbase is going to be left.
    Edited by LrdRahvin on July 2, 2014 3:47PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub renews in 8 days.. cancelled it for now until I see a working fix deployed on the servers (at which time I'll be happy to resub!). Maybe it will wake up the marketing department when they make their new pie charts and see the effects of the service they are providing.
    Money talks.
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Sub renews in 8 days.. cancelled it for now until I see a working fix deployed on the servers (at which time I'll be happy to resub!). Maybe it will wake up the marketing department when they make their new pie charts and see the effects of the service they are providing.
    Money talks.

+
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • riccardocambiaghib16_ESO
    Still playing at 8 Fps I hope we receive at least a 5 days bonus game time .....
  • silvestru_liviueb17_ESO
    why, to get 5 more 8fps-style days? :P
    ~~~ROMANIAN SPIRITS~~~
    ~ALDMERI DOMINION~
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Critical error (artdata)
    Data load failure

Strange. I get the FPS bug on Wabba without fail every 15 minutes or so. Then I went to another campaign, played for three hours, and never got it.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK