The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Upcoming Campaign Changes

• Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why you guys went with the way the Emperor works now. It's not even really that special. It just makes you over the top as far normal person versus a Emperor. I bet there is a closer power level between Former and current Emperors that's it's not to much of an issue between these two, but for everyone else. You only want Emperor because you'll then get the passives to stop being gimped and be competitive against the Emperor trading game. I mean there are servers that made an alliance with another faction and all the do is trade emperor back and forth getting all the people in a few guilds emperor. Or because you let that All faction same campaign bug go unchecked they just get on one faction go flip the inner circle, switch back to their other faction and re-flip the inner circle.... bam instant emperor for no effort.

The entire Emperor passive line is just one huge cluster. You should have gone with something like how DAOC had RvR ranks. The higher your rank got the more cool abilities and stat points to round out your build. Or make it how Warhammer did it where the more your rank went up you gained more passives and more skill points. I know they're kinda is that system now in the game, but it doesn't feel like the other two. Maybe because the other two systems felt like you where getting something to help your character in and out of PVP. Unlike now where you HAVE to get Emperor just get that same bonus. Which as you can see with the 11 min cheese runs that are being posted. It's over the top and needs to change. Warhammer, you could be RR (Realm Rank) 100 and still couldn't do a 11 min ToVL (Tomb of The Vulture Lord) speed run. It still took you a better part of a few hours. Same thing in DAOC, the extra skill points abilities help contribute to rounding out your build.... but didn't make you so over the top that PVE group content became trivial.

As for proposing a new system I don't have the answers. I'd have to sit down and think about each of the two systems and what I liked about each and then come up with a system that would be similiar to both, but more of a melding of both than any thing. Maybe more along the lines of a PVP passive line that shares both the Emperor and current Support/Assault lines. Each passive unlocks when you reach a certain rank. The passives help both in and out of PVP, but they are not so strong that you need to take every one. You can build around what you are going. For an example, lets say you reach sergeant. When reaching this mile stone it unlocks two or even three traits, one magicka, one Stamina, and one defensive. So for the magicka one it would increase spell power by 1/2/3% or you could make it 2/4/6% even with a regen or a passive magicka pool boost. The stamina one would do the same thing. The defensive one would reduce say the cost of block, dodge, roll. This way it helps tanks, but if you wanted to make a more defensive DPS you could. And the passive would be health regen with it Or an increased health pool. The difference to this style of set up over what you have now is that through PVP my character becomes stronger as a whole in and out of PVP, but I don't have to pray someone will pass my Emperor, or attempt to find a guild that would be willing to trade it, or form an alliance where we pass it back and forth with other factions or higher a Chinese farmer to play my account 24/7 to farm me AP points. Also it doesn't make you over the top and the biggest bonus to this is it is available to anyone who just puts in the time to PVP. So it rewards those who do it 24/7 and those who maybe PVP 3-6 hours a week.

TLDR: No more Emperor chasing, let them keep the titles, the armor skins and that stuff. Redo the AvA lines. Not just Emperor, but all of them. Make it one system available to all who put in the time.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Tega_
    Tega_
    ✭✭✭
    1. pre-vet (with NPCS scaled DONW :-) )
    1. VET for Hardcore (or Wannabes)
    2. 7 Days
    3. 30 Days

Do not make another mistake by placing to "few" campaigns now...the only Thing more frustrating then an empty Campaign is only full ones, where half of your Raid/Guild cannot enter.
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    @DCGoth_OTG

Look. You must play US side and I dont' know anything about how PvP servers fuction there... only hear information provided to me by others. Alas; as I can personally attest, to EU Dawnbreaker (Ebonheart) HAS a community, not to which of course I built up myself from day one. People who been there know each other (for better or worse), new players are advised what to do, outreach to players/guild outside of the server is made, and of course everyone knows me personally as the "/z commander" (great use of /zone).

There IS a community there make no mistake: IT is also the reason we are 50K+ head in the score even with heavy competition from Daggerfall. I have been to other EU PvP servers, and as to the ones that still function, also have some sort of "community of players".

Eurozone verisions of MMORPGs have alwasy been better at organization as a matter of course... however to suggest that complete destruction of EVERYTHING is a good thing is ludacrious. Even if your guild is 500 members... it cannot have everyone in game on your guild. There has to be a meta community that is stable that goes beyond "the guild". That used to exist on the servers lucky enough to have it... and now it is being taken away there is no point in playing a game such as ESO, which apparently, does not value communities...

That hurts man, if I were in your shoes I would just quit on the spot if they did this change. Try to build community in the *** of first 2 month, succeed then they screw you :(
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    thelg wrote: »
    Or just call it a game and turn cyrodil into Alterac Valley and be done with it.

Too late... already done it appears. At least we have Stables...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on June 6, 2014 5:57AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • DCGoth_OTG
    DCGoth_OTG
    ✭✭✭
    @TheGrandAlliance You are correct. I play on the US and I will grant you that I have heard that the EU Servers are in much better shape than the ghost towns that exist in the NA realm. (Our guild plays to a now empty DawnBreaker NA.)

Since I agree that there is a disparity between regions, maybe ZOS needs to evaluate each group, NA and EU, separately. This would make sense, as there does seem to be vast differences between the two.

I have seen posts that the EU servers have a much healthier PvP climate than the NA servers; however, that leads to a large number of people on either side of the Atlantic with different goals. The main problem I see in this is that ZOS like to keep their servers as mirror images. Granting the difference in player base, this may not be a healthy approach to keeping players happy across both realms. I can definitely see valid points on each side of the dilemma.

I do wish you well on the EU side. I think te only thing that we can do now is offer our opinions and see where ZOS decides to take this.

Cheers. :)
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    thelg wrote: »
    Or just call it a game and turn cyrodil into Alterac Valley and be done with it.

Too late... already done it appears. At least we have Stables...

Pretty much, was silly of us to expect DAOC server like community now looking back at it eh?

CU you are our only hope.. backed that game for like $200 2+ years before release lol

But damn ESO was promising..
  • cortechsnub18_ESO
    @DCGoth_OTG

Look: You must play US side and I dont' know anything about how PvP servers fuction there... only hear information provided to me by others. Alas; as I can personally attest, to EU Dawnbreaker (Ebonheart) HAS a community, not to which of course I built up myself from day one. People who been there know each other (for better or worse), new players are advised what to do, outreach to players/guild outside of the server is made, and of course everyone knows me personally as the "/z commander" (great use of /zone).

There IS a community there make no mistake: IT is also the reason we are 50K+ head in the score even with heavy competition from Daggerfall. I have been to other EU PvP servers, and as to the ones that still function, also have some sort of "community of players"(although not as good as mine).

Populations EU side are just fine. With the current population system... 4-5 servers during peak EU times are now "locked" or 3+bars. The Eurozone never bailed on ESO's PvP unlike the "cowardly Americans" it appears...

Eurozone verisions of MMORPGs have always been better at organization as a matter of course... however to suggest that complete destruction of EVERYTHING is a good thing is ludacrious. Even if your guild is 500 members... it cannot have everyone in game on your guild. There has to be a meta community that is stable that goes beyond "the guild". That used to exist on the servers lucky enough to have it... and now it is being taken away there is no point in playing a game such as ESO, which apparently as of today, no longer value communities...

If you are such a great leader you should have no trouble migrating "your" players to a new server. Stop whining and start organizing.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are such a great leader you should have no trouble migrating "your" players to a new server. Stop whining and start organizing.

1. They are not "my players"; I do not "own" them, slavery is illegal and impractical you know. They will go where they want to.
    2. Me Like me Name of me server (Dawnbreaker) and it's lore thereof.
    3. Doesn't work if there is no 90 day == to go to
    4. New playstyles will divert up players. Sub vets won't likely be in same as vets. Having a bunch of short term servers and one long term one will not provide such space.
    4. You are still nuking 3 months +20 days /played of effort (and of me life).

I guess migrating Jewish popultions out of Gaza, or Muslim populations out of, well, everwhere is such an easy concept. Middle East Crisis? Solved. Lets just move all minorities out of where we don't want them because; well, they should just stop whining. True in a global sense as well.

Lets just stop using Windows and move to Macs, because they are SOO better. Stop whining. Lets just stop eating food we have been for 1000s of years, because O NO some dude thinks it isn't healthy for you, but cannot provide any proof thereof. O wait... lets just bail planet Earth all together; you know, its pointless, Global Warming is just gonna turn it into Venus anyways.

Logic like yours is a dangerous concept. Even if ESO IS a Video Game: It shall never be tolerated by Honorable and Noble peoples of the Realms...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on June 6, 2014 6:26AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • cortechsnub18_ESO
    [quote="commom
    M

1. They are not "my players"; I do not "own" them, slavery is illegal and impractial you know. They will go where they want to.
    2. Me Like me Name of me server (Dawnbreaker) and it's lore thereof.
    3. Doesn't work if there is no 90 day == to go to
    4. New playstyles will divert up players. Sub vets won't likely be in same as vets. Having a bunch of short term servers and one long term one will not provide such space.
    4. You are still nuking 3 months +20 days /played of effort (and of me life).

I guess migrating Jewish popultions out of Gaza, or Muslim populations out of, well, everwhere is such an easy concept. Lets just move all minorities out of where we don't want them because; well, they should just stop whining.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses, not a plan.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

Read my revised above post: It has more detail. What is "the plan"? To not allow such travesities to occur in the first place.

Else... Why do We Fight? If all we are doing now is chasing new ZeniMax's PvP experiments then I have no further use for ESO.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on June 6, 2014 6:23AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make it on the scourge leader board (rank 7) pushing for emperor... you delete my campaign and tell me that i'm getting absolutely nothing for it. Wishing me the best with what i have earned to work my way up on the new leader board.

I get to rank 3 and managed to earn 930,000 AP, you tell me your going to delete that campaign early as well. Are you even serious right now?

Its like you WANT me to be an unhappy customer.

How many times are you going to give the scourge players the short end of the stick in a row exactly?
    Edited by FireCowCommando on June 6, 2014 6:28AM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    I think these changes make it a lot more interesting, especially for folk who aren't veteran yet and are tired of being "oneshot" in Cyrodiil.

You're probably going to take this the wrong way but... If you (or anyone) is getting "one shot" in PVP , low-level or not, you need to either gear up or learn to play your Class better. (or both)

I'm far from being a 'hardcore' PvP'er , yet as a level 15 to now 46 , i honestly don't recall ever being *oneshot* killed by anyone . (3 shot'd? sure. 4-shot'd after being shield-bashed? yep . But never "ONE shot'd" ) .

Is it more challenging in Cyrodiil as a non-Vet? Well yeah sure, obviously.

But if you read my previous post in this thread, it's far from impossible to compete (and even excel, as i have) . It just takes a bit more effort & execution.

Problem is, imo, most players nowadays expect to either immediately dominate (without using any tactics or smarts...or groups) ...OR they want everything handed to them (without working for it like the better players do) .

ESO Devs: please don't cater to the 'lowest common denominator' player.

Nor to the 'hardcore' extreme player.

Cater to the 'average or above-average' player (the *middle class* , so to speak) . That way, people/subscribers have something to STRIVE TOWARD.

Rather than more spoon-fed easy-mode charity casing. (at least not in Cyrodiil please)

I was exaggerating and most fights only seem to go for 2 seconds and someone is dead, most of the time to the hand of one or two casters. The other day on my DK lvl 26 fully armored enchanted etc... I was knocked off my horse by one stupid blast of overpowered electric energy and killed with the third one, (in pve I'm nearly always killing and surviving mobs 3-4 levels higher) I was near an outcrop and tried to get LOS to my advantage to regroup but hey as I said Not a Vet Not a Chance of running and surviving it, not even for a second...

I have had good days, but until I'm a Vet I will not go head to head, one on one, the only time I get away with is in a zerg because of heals and other debuffs being thrown around like nobody's business, which also seems to be what Cyrodil is all about, in the morning the maps blue in the afternoon it's red during the evening I'ts a disgusting shade of yellow, heh hmm... I'ts awesome yellow :P

Thanks for being polite in the way you said it, and I hope you feel that I've responded in kind :)
  • Lithion
    Lithion
    ✭✭
    I am a non-VR player, and I've spent the past few weeks almost exclusively in Cyrodiil. While I'm glad to hear there will be a non-VR campaign, I do think players in this campaign should get substantially less AP. If I can farm AP easily in the non-VR campaign, I have little reason to even level up and try the VR campaigns.

Perhaps players in non-VR campaign should got more xp for PvP, but less AP. This will allow us to level up exclusively thru PvP, while also giving us a reason to get to VR campaigns for the great PvP rewards.
  • cortechsnub18_ESO

Read my revised above post: It has more detail. What is "the plan"? To not allow such travesities to occur in the first place.

Else... Why do We Fight? If all we are doing now is chasing new ZeniMax's PvP experiments then I have no further use for ESO.

You really expect me to take you seriously when you equate this to global warming, real-world persecution, and, oddly, macs vs pcs? I'm drowning in the flood of melodrama.

The point being, after all of your boasting about crafting your server's community and "faction unity", you should be able pick a new home.

And if I may offer a suggestion, present your case from the standpoint that the eu servers fundamentally differ from the us servers (without unnecessarily insulting the us players this time).
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if I may offer a suggestion, present your case from the standpoint that the eu servers fundamentally differ from the us servers (without unnecessarily insulting the us players this time).

Uhmmmmm we (EU) didn't /ragequit en mass like Americans did after the first month because we didn't like ESO's PvP (AoE caps, other situations). Why should Europe have to have their game all messed up because Americans complain (and successfuly) about everything? We stood the course, standed our ground, put up with the fact that the servers aren't even located in Europe, and NOW you want us to bow to American groveling?

O YES... LET US NUKE THE ENTIRE GAME BECAUSE AMERICANS DONT LIKE THE GAME. Please... the arrogence of this American logic is not supprising...
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on June 6, 2014 6:45AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lithion wrote: »
    I am a non-VR player, and I've spent the past few weeks almost exclusively in Cyrodiil. While I'm glad to hear there will be a non-VR campaign, I do think players in this campaign should get substantially less AP. If I can farm AP easily in the non-VR campaign, I have little reason to even level up and try the VR campaigns.

Perhaps players in non-VR campaign should got more xp for PvP, but less AP. This will allow us to level up exclusively thru PvP, while also giving us a reason to get to VR campaigns for the great PvP rewards.

Re: Bolded/Italicized

If there is no method of EXP loss it is not possible to make pre-Vet sitters.
    As long as players can level up through PvP, eventually they will level to Vet or face having to reroll another alt to continue playing in the pre-Vet campaign.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i'd prefer just two campaigns - one for vets, one for non-vets. Cyrodiil is big enough :)
  • Skalli
    Skalli
    Soul Shriven
    My feedback (as a VR12 templar healer and a level 25 DK):

1. Less campaigns are a good way. But don't give us too few. I would suggest the following: a) two only VR campaigns (14 days, 30 days), b) two non VR campaigns, enemies scaled down to VR1 (14 days, 30 days)
    2. two "regular" campaigns - open for everyone, either 30 and 60 or 60 and 90 days

So, 6 campaigns should be fine. Not too many, not too few.

My suggestion for highering the experience that you can earn in PvP: Please make it possible, while character creation, to select a "PvP character" flag.
    What would this flag do? Increase ALL experience earned in PvP by 33% (so 133%) BUT decrease also all XP earned in PvE by 33%. So if anyone wants to play PvP only (e.g. as a twink), make it possible.

//typo
    Edited by Skalli on June 6, 2014 7:26AM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there would still be a 90 day option. The longer the better imo. You can't rush war. Please reconsider.

What about a no time limit campaign?
    Edited by TheBull on June 6, 2014 7:28AM
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    I wish there would still be a 90 day option. The longer the better imo. You can't rush war. Please reconsider.

No time limits would be pointless after awhile. Whomever was ahead after a month or so would dominate forever. Reseting after a 90 day period at least gives the ability for the game to "refresh" or to adapt to new content and otherwise.
    Indeed it is so...
  • DCGoth_OTG
    DCGoth_OTG
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

In essence, the only thing the timer does now is reset the player stats. It doesn't change the map or holdings, so the only benefit to campaign duration is how long before new players are allowed into the hunt for the Emperor title.

I think thirty days is a good compromise between players who say they have no shot at cracking the ninety day leaderboards vs others who say that the shorter campaigns serve as an Emperor mill.

So, in a some ways, all of the wars wage on in perpetuity. The only difference is who gets to be king.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • zazamalek
    zazamalek
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome ZOS, proving once again that you listen! People have been asking for more focused campaigns for ages.

A few concerns, though:
    1. Can we have [yet another] low-cost grace period when these changes go live? Nothing as crazy as now, possibly only 2 weeks or something.
    2. We have a portion of our guild that plays "that other MMO." So, I know that one thing that happened in "that other MMO's" launch is the EN EU PvP server was overcrowded because "that other company" never asked players which one they would play on. Don't make the same mistake :). Obviously this isn't an issue if you are able to provision campaigns if the demand rises on one, but keep an eye on it (this also ties into, in a very big way, to the cheap transfers).
  • Imperator_Clydus
    Imperator_Clydus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone! Like Matt mentioned in his Road Ahead post, we’re looking closely at PvP in Cyrodiil right now. We’re actively working on reducing performance issues by optimizing Cyrodiil, and we’re also undergoing efforts to improve the feel of combat, but that’s not all we’re thinking about. As the Campaigns progress, we’ve been gathering lots of data and reading your comments here, on social media, and on other sites. We have some ideas for changes we’d like to make, but we want to get your direct feedback. Here’s a look at what we’re thinking about.

First and foremost, we want to assure you that any Campaigns we close before their natural shutdown time will properly reward players based on their tier reward, alliance placement, and leaderboard status.

We want to make significant changes to the types and durations of Campaigns. To do this, we’d shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver. Here are the Campaign types and durations we’re thinking about adding:

• Bow of Shadows: Veteran Rank only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Blackwater Blade: Non-Veteran only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Haderus: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Chillrend: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.

To go along with these new Campaigns, we’d like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout).

Let us know what you think of these changes!

Hello Mr Wheeler,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to chat with us and give us an update on what you have planned for AvA. In general, I believe you are going the right direction. 90 day campaigns were certainly too long and there were too many of them. Lowbies were also severely underpowered compared to veteran players, so a lowbie campaign is a plus. I also love that you are finally increasing the cost of transfers and limiting guesting.

My only potential criticism is I believe the campaigns may be too short now. Five days and seven seems really short and will likely lead to emperor farming. As it currently stands, I'm almost guaranteed to go to Thornblade because I want meaningful AvA, and that won't happen if everybody is worried about being emperor. I feel it will also be difficult to build faction camaraderie with campaigns resetting so often and people rotating in and out.

This is definitely a positive step, however. Thank you again for posting this and I hope these threads will become a common occurrence for active discussion between us, the consumers, and the ESO team. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Imperator Clydus
    Edited by Imperator_Clydus on June 6, 2014 8:37AM
    The First Daggerfall Emperor of Tamriel on Bloodthorn and Guild Leader of Shehai
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »
    I think these changes make it a lot more interesting, especially for folk who aren't veteran yet and are tired of being "oneshot" in Cyrodiil.

You're probably going to take this the wrong way but... If you (or anyone) is getting "one shot" in PVP , low-level or not, you need to either gear up or learn to play your Class better. (or both)

I'm far from being a 'hardcore' PvP'er , yet as a level 15 to now 46 , i honestly don't recall ever being *oneshot* killed by anyone . (3 shot'd? sure. 4-shot'd after being shield-bashed? yep . But never "ONE shot'd" ) .

Is it more challenging in Cyrodiil as a non-Vet? Well yeah sure, obviously.

But if you read my previous post in this thread, it's far from impossible to compete (and even excel, as i have) . It just takes a bit more effort & execution.

Problem is, imo, most players nowadays expect to either immediately dominate (without using any tactics or smarts...or groups) ...OR they want everything handed to them (without working for it like the better players do) .

ESO Devs: please don't cater to the 'lowest common denominator' player.

Nor to the 'hardcore' extreme player.

Cater to the 'average or above-average' player (the *middle class* , so to speak) . That way, people/subscribers have something to STRIVE TOWARD.

Rather than more spoon-fed easy-mode charity casing. (at least not in Cyrodiil please)

I was exaggerating and most fights only seem to go for 2 seconds and someone is dead, ...

I have had good days, but until I'm a Vet I will not go head to head, one on one, the only time I get away with is in a zerg because of heals and other debuffs being thrown around like nobody's business,

Thanks for being polite in the way you said it, and I hope you feel that I've responded in kind :)

Kindness?! Politeness?! On the lolinterwebs?!!?!

Gosh just look what this "WAR" is coming to! B)

Annnyyyyways... Keep in mind that going to Cyrodiil , or participating in PVP, is always a *choice* .

As such, ask yourself: Should the game adjust to me? Or should i ADAPT to it?

imho: Keeping things open & free-for-all and allowing players the choice to figure things out on their own and embrace the challenge of being "low level" amongst the Vets (like i did) is a far more satisfying way to go.

But hey, opinions vary. Just look at this thread.

So, i'll ask this to the ESO Devs now for the 4th time:

1) Are you using in-game 'metrics' , measuring the totality of these first 90 day Campaigns for true accurate feedback? Or are you merely going off the vocal-minority rantings of lolforums & lolsocial media?

2) Why isn't the actual heart of Cyrodiil (the 'Imperial City' and RUBY THRONE) , you know the thing we're supposed to be fighting for, still not implemented? And WHEN will it be implemented?

3) Instead of making radical sweeping changes, as you claim not to be doing, why not simply consolodate servers but still allow the same FREEDOM & CHOICE for players like me who actually enjoy the challenging (originally intended) spirit of Cyrodiil combat?

-- three 90 day campaigns , same as they are now
    -- two 30 day campaigns
    -- one 7 day campaign
    -- one NON-Vet campaign (14 day? )
    -- two Vet-ONLY campaigns (one 7 days and one 14 days )

Give the longer duration campaigns slightly better buffs, bonuses, & rewards (for PVP & Emperor & Guilds) but keep the PVE content stuff the same for ALL servers (so the whiners/inferior players can't QQ about "but it's not fair that i stink at pvp combat!!!" ) .

• Tanthul
    Tanthul
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌: I do like the general direction of the changes. And I am personally happy that you decided not to kill any more player's gameplay time without compensation but:
    Sadly Scourge players will not be rewarded retroactively.

Seriously? Can we hear one logical argument on why Scourge players are being left out like that? Why do players on Scourge have to lose everything they did? Where is the logic in that? Where is the respect to the playerbase? It was two months of our life playing there. Why are we being treated like that?

Edited by Tanthul on June 6, 2014 9:32AM
    Beshaba Tanthul, Leader of the Dark Moon PVP Guild (AD EU Scourge).
    Developer of Cyrodiil Alert addon.
    Indie software/game developer.

Solidarity to the PVP players of Scourge EU&NA
    : Thread Here
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the proposed changes and hope it happens very soon because pvp in ESO is basically dead atm.

Also down the track I would love to see an even shorter "campaign" with smaller maps and lower population caps- something akin to the size of maps in WAR or edge of the mists in GW2.

But for now you are definitely on the right track- the two key changes of making a campaign for non-vet players and shortening the length of campaigns are exactly what I was hoping for.

I am not so sure about the cost of changing servers, but I guess it should be ok; also a little concerned about the non-vet server filling up- but since the campaign is short I imagine you could create another one fairly easily if there was sufficient demand for it.

Please, please make these changes very soon, don't wait a month or more to do this.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add in another Vet and non-vet campaign with similar durations. Since it seems there's only one shard of each campaign (was I wrong in remembering something about multiple shards?), when 30,000 people decide to play PvP it locks out most of the campaigns for others who have to wait for a queue to get in.

If you have a whole guild of 30-40-50+ who want in on a full campaign, it'll put them off if every campaign is full during prime time hours. They are currently empty because a large number of people have left due to the problems over the last few months. Please understand that if you plan on drawing the numbers back, you need to make room to accommodate them otherwise they will leave again and eventually PvP will consist on one lonely player scratching his balls wondering where everyone's gone.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Rooty
    Rooty
    ✭✭✭
    5 days seems too short for a campaign. 7 days I could see appeal in.

It would make more sense to have:

- 7-day campaigns.
    - 14-day campaigns.
    - 28-day campaigns

Or something to that effect. Maybe a stretch into 1.5 to 2 month campaigns. But keep the number of campaigns at 6 or below.
    No Mercy
    Rooty, Rooty-san, Rooty-sama, Rooty-chan, Rooty-senpai
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    WHERE IS SHE?!
    #FreeBraidas
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone! Like Matt mentioned in his Road Ahead post, we’re looking closely at PvP in Cyrodiil right now. We’re actively working on reducing performance issues by optimizing Cyrodiil, and we’re also undergoing efforts to improve the feel of combat, but that’s not all we’re thinking about. As the Campaigns progress, we’ve been gathering lots of data and reading your comments here, on social media, and on other sites. We have some ideas for changes we’d like to make, but we want to get your direct feedback. Here’s a look at what we’re thinking about.

First and foremost, we want to assure you that any Campaigns we close before their natural shutdown time will properly reward players based on their tier reward, alliance placement, and leaderboard status.

We want to make significant changes to the types and durations of Campaigns. To do this, we’d shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver. Here are the Campaign types and durations we’re thinking about adding:

• Bow of Shadows: Veteran Rank only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Blackwater Blade: Non-Veteran only Campaign (five-day campaign)
    • Haderus: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Chillrend: seven-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.
    • Thornblade: 30-day standard Campaign that anyone can join.

To go along with these new Campaigns, we’d like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout).

Let us know what you think of these changes!

Great idea with a few concerns and suggestions.

1. If only one Veteran campaign, the population cap will need to be huge or you'll have a lot of pissed off Veterans.

2. Veteran campaign should be two weeks at a minimum. One month would be better.

3. Non-Veteran campaigns should receive double exp for AvA kills and objectives.

4. Standard and Non-Veteran campaigns should not receive emperor skill line, or at least not retain former emperor skill line.
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    When campaigns end, the scores and leaderboards reset, but the ownership status of keeps/resources/scrolls/emperorship does not reset. There is a small downtime where no scoring can occur.

Im not sure why people are for changing the duration of a campaign with this being said.