The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Upcoming Campaign Changes

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    ByrenV wrote: »
    I think there are too few campaigns in the proposed changes. My guild/friends joined the campaign we joined specifically because it was low population. With there being so few options, there will no longer be a low population option. Maybe a campaign with a lower population cap as an option? Another low pop cap campaign could be added if the first one reaches cap. Obviously, you'd have to indicate it is a low pop campaign so people that want large pop don't pick incorrectly.

What?! ok so all I got from this was we want to jump on a low pop server and run the map.... Its PVP bud you have to fight to win.

Also ESO was advertised as a large scale AvAvA game. I will draw back a bit and will assume that maybe your computer just cant handle it. If that is the case then I am sorry, but if not I cant really see why you would want to be on a low pop campaign?
    Edited by Xnemesis on June 5, 2014 2:53PM
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given the short length of the campaigns I think you should only be allowed to change your home campaign when it ends.

Plus what happens when a campaign finishes? Does the map reset or just the scores?

Personally I'd make the Vetran only a 30day campaign and have 2x5-7 day non vetran only
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are too few campaigns in the proposed changes. My guild/friends joined the campaign we joined specifically because it was low population. With there being so few options, there will no longer be a low population option. Maybe a campaign with a lower population cap as an option? Another low pop cap campaign could be added if the first one reaches cap. Obviously, you'd have to indicate it is a low pop campaign so people that want large pop don't pick incorrectly.

Yeah, no. The Campaigns badly need to be consolidated. We don't need any more Hopesfires sitting out there where it's owned by one alliance and one to two sad PUGs sitting in the opposite border gates trying to scrape up the 15K AP to swap homes.

It will also improve the quality of gameplay to give the lowbie toons a safe place to escape the VR murder train squads. It gives those lowbies a place to cut their teeth and figure out how things work (like why a ballista is better than a trebuchet).

DAoC had Thidranki and Caledonia, for instance, and the quality of player that the entered upper tier PVP was higher due to the practice at lower levels against similarly geared/skilled opponents.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have to imaging that ZoS can consolidate their resources to make these fewer campaigns run smoother with a higher capacity... Maybe
    Edited by Xnemesis on June 5, 2014 2:57PM
  • ByrenV
    ByrenV
    Xnemesis wrote: »

What?! ok so all I got from this was we want to jump on a low pop server and run the map.... Its PVP bud you have to fight to win.

Also ESO was advertised as a large scale AvAvA game. I will draw back a bit and will assume that maybe your computer just cant handle it. If that is the case then I am sorry, but if not I cant really see why you would want to be on a low pop campaign?

considering there are only 6 of us, there is no chance we are trying to 'run the map'

...and 'bud' you have no right to say what i should or should not enjoy...the question was asked for us to give input not for someone like you to slam my opinion/suggestion...

when we've had large numbers guest into our campaign (friend and/or foe), the lag drags the fun down to where logging out is more fun...maybe think twice before jumping on someone elses opinion
  • DCGoth_OTG
    DCGoth_OTG
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler As a GM of a guild of 500 members, I would like to suggest some way to allow guild members easily locate other members of the same Alliance in their campaign, in order to keep the PvP member base from fragmenting across campaigns; however, I also think that the diversity in the structure will also help to keep this from happening.

We could re-structure guild PvP events to focus on members who prefer shorter as well as longer campaigns.

Personally, I would keep the transer cost at your suggested 100,000AP. From reading these forums, it seems like the ease of transfer between campaigns has been detrimental to campaign stability. I see these comments in our personal guild forums as well.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »

considering there are only 6 of us, there is no chance we are trying to 'run the map'

...and 'bud' you have no right to say what i should or should not enjoy...the question was asked for us to give input not for someone like you to slam my opinion/suggestion...

when we've had large numbers guest into our campaign (friend and/or foe), the lag drags the fun down to where logging out is more fun...maybe think twice before jumping on someone elses opinion

I meant no insult. Context can be lost when reading a forum post. Great thing about the internet is that the way you perceive my post is your problem not mine.

Although just for civility sake, what you took as me being angry or lashing out was more of surprise and confusion, hence the "?!". I then thought ok well its large scale AvAvA so why would anyone want to hop on a low pop server? Hmm most obvious would be to take a map with minimal effort... makes sense right? Then I thought well maybe He is having lag or computer issues so I said I was sorry if that is the case. I know what that is like I only just recently upgraded my rig, thank god for taxes. Any ways your reasoning falls in line with what I apologized for. Hope that clarifies it for you and we can go back to constructive posting. Again even though I shouldn't care about the way you read my post I am sorry I hurt your feelings.
    Edited by Xnemesis on June 5, 2014 3:11PM
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When exactly will these campaigns be shut down and replaced with the new ones?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »

I think we would all really like to know the answer to this question.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bumpin dis
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when exactly are all current campaigns being shut down and being replaced with the 5 new campaigns? This month? Next month? Later?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Phazius
    Phazius
    ✭✭✭

bumpin dis

When the current 3 month campaigns end, I would assume there would be a short downtime, then they are switched out for the new ones.
    The most casual DK in Entropy Rising
    Twitch.tv/phazius | Youtube.com/phazius | Twitter.com/phazius

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna need at least 2 vet ranked campaigns.

At 5 days they sound made for people with more spare time on their hands then others, and spend every minute logged in in cyrodil to get to the highest reward tier.

I think the 2 7 day ones should be made 1 vet only and 1 non-vet 14 day, like the new one you guys just introduced, and there be that 1 anyone can join 30 day.
  • Konou
    Konou
    ✭✭
    5-day and 7-day campaigns are too short...It should be at least 14 days! But 30 days sounds also good.
  • Sirlex
    Sirlex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌
    "To go along with these new Campaigns, we’d like to adjust guest passes to have a 72-hour lockout, and to make changing your home Campaign cost 100,000 AP (also with a 72-hour lockout)."

This part I very much like, way past overdue, but better late then never in this situation for sure.

1 Question, this guest pass lockout, can you still bypass it entirely by traveling to a friend in a campaign? If you can still do that, its going to be an issue.

Also, I am very very sad to see that aoe caps are still holding strong with seemingly no room for negotiations. The community overwhelmingly voted against them, not sure why its not even mentioned by anyone from ZoS, ever.

With current "bonuses" to siege to be able to hit more targets, but not players, it just leads to a lot less fun when any big fight leads to both sides throwing down ballistas and oil to pour on each other instead of actually fighting with the skills you gave us.

EDIT: One more thing - is there any chance that some modifications be made to the Alliance Point Curve when it comes to sharing AP's gained from kills? Currently it is far far too friendly to masses of players killing smaller numbers. A solo player kill is worth something like 1000 APs and 5 people killing that same person get 600+ each. It would vastly boost the "small group" and "solo" play if the grouped numbers were drastically reduced (such as 150 AP's each in the above example). A solo kill is harder than a 5v1 - it should be rewarded that way IMO.
    Edited by Sirlex on June 5, 2014 3:46PM
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I like the ideas, especially making the campaigns shorter. Get less rewards but quicker. Here are some questions I have:

One - The non-vet campaign. When a person who has this as his home campaign reaches vet status? Does he get a free transfer out to another campaign with no AP costs? Will he get his current reward status if he has to switch campaigns?

Two - If you have a 7 day campaign and the 30 day campaign, if lets say i stay on the 7 day campaign and get rewards once a week for 30 days, will those rewards overall be less then the reward i would have got on the 30 day campaign? For argument sake say I got max tier reward in scenario?

Three - What time frame are you looking to shut down the current campaigns and implement this, as what we only have 20+ days left?
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like EU and US campaigns! This would create a solid 24 hour PvP environment with no nightcapping.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love these changes!

Campaigns are currently to long. Lacking short-term incentives, for doing anything but casual pewpew.

Newer players can't reach the leaderboard top. Someone that started earlier and keeps getting emp (w/o stepping down willingly) is unstoppable in terms of AP gain.

Why do dull PvE, take keeps and resources over and over? Does it even matter 60-90 days from now? I felt that way a lot in the past. The goal is to far way. I don't even know if I be playing Eso 3 months from now.

Also loving the idea about a Non-Veteran only Campaign. Lower level players should also be able to enjoy PvP, without feeling useless and being 1-2 shots.

Same with guest-changes. It's to easy to jump around as right now guest, no real penalty. Another welcomed change would be stripping guests of their home campaign buffs (where they dominate the map). They should have the same buffs as everyone else on the campaign they are guesting.

I dont agree about the 100k AP cost for switching home though. It's to much. Let's say the campaign is or becomes fairly inactive. Than you're stuck for the entire duration, because you cant farm the AP needed to change. Something like 50k would be better. At least you can scout that in 2 days or so.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see a problem.

The non-vet players will only play in the non-vet areas (unless you give some sort of incentive like significantly faster levelling, gear or gold)

The vet players will of course play exclusively in the vet-only area - unless they are true ****s who only want to gank low-levels.

So apart from the unmentionables - there won't be anyone in the three standard campaigns.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Konou
    Konou
    ✭✭
    But please dont kill the server Dawnbreaker. T_T
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    Given the short length of the campaigns I think you should only be allowed to change your home campaign when it ends.

I believe they said in the PvP FAQ its just the scores that reset.

I do agree about maybe getting 1 free change after the campaign because some others here did bring up the concern about not being able to transfer out if your on a dead campaign. 100k AP is hard to get when you dont have numbers. We could be getting ahead of ourselves here and assume bringing the total amount of campaigns to 5 will solve population caps, but if we do happen to have a problem with population on one server and people want out, some sort of contingency is needed.

Hence why giving free switch at the end of a campaign i think would work. Or even a discount, say 50k or even 25k ap cost to switch at the end of a campaign.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But please dont kill the server Dawnbreaker. T_T

They're ALL going down, Dawnbreaker included.

"To do this, we’d shut down the currently-existing Campaigns and introduce five new ones per megaserver."
    NA/PC server
  • Talins
    Talins
    Frankly, I feel it is too few campaigns. I will be one of those adversely affected in that while I am a member of a very large guild, the majority of our members are AD, and I mainly play DC right now.

I realize that 'we' are relatively few in number (the people who will be affected by this) however neither of the options I will have going forward are particularly enticing (leave my current guild, or level up in the 'main' alliance so I can participate)

I have no problem killing guild mates :) and am mature enough to not fall into the "spying" trap - but I know that others will have no problem doing it. I don't like that this will fracture some guilds, and since this game was built around the premise that you can be a member of any guild, in any alliance, changing that now is not a positive!
  • kronicbubonic
    kronicbubonic
    Soul Shriven
    These are fantastic changes!

I live in cyrodiil, hundreds of hours spent already and looking forward to hundreds more.

One area of improvement tho needs to be in identifying rewards for participating in pvp. Currently no one has any clue what they are pvping for.

Cant we be told this will be the prize for top 20 for top 50 for top 100?

If you show someone the carrot they will chase it, right now your hardcore pvp community has no idea what they are chasing.

Easy free change which will definitely sustain some number of subscriptions
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject of PvP, ZOS... when are Forward Camps going to be fixed? They still bug and become unusable yet prevent the placing of new ones half the time, if not more.
    NA/PC server
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    When campaigns end, the scores and leaderboards reset, but the ownership status of keeps/resources/scrolls/emperorship does not reset. There is a small downtime where no scoring can occur.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These changes would address most of my concerns with PvP (which is my favorite game mode). Please consider the following additions:

- Transfer grace period for the first 20% duration (one to six days), in which the cost remains low and the guest lockout remains small. Give people a chance to change their minds, so they don't feel the need to wait and see which campaigns end up balanced, and which ones their friends pick
    - Vastly increase quest experience in Cyrodil (again), to ensure more players have an incentive to return even after they've done the skyshards. Considering the risk, a PvE quest in Cheydinhall should be worth far more than a similar quest in a PvE zone
    - Flesh out the PvP rewards system. There are plenty of good examples (Warhammer is.. was my favorite), and I am sure you are familiar with dozens of possible directions. Pick one, or three, and go :)
    - Continue your steady, but incremental approach to class balance. Individual tweaks aside, this is absolutely the best way to go

Between this post and the general "Road Ahead" described for this summer, my excitement level for TESO is quite high again.

Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject of PvP, ZOS... when are Forward Camps going to be fixed? They still bug and become unusable yet prevent the placing of new ones half the time, if not more.

I just want to find some flat ground to place one on... and when I do it would be nice if I could actually place it.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    So apart from the unmentionables - there won't be anyone in the three standard campaigns.

I agree. There's no point to the mixed-level campaigns, unless they have some special attractor or reward.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    They definitely need to offer more quests that are PvP related. Daily, weekly, and repeatable quests. Also fix the scaling of PvP drops, all I have found is lvl 50 gear as a VR6 player. No reason I should be killing VR monsters for lvl 50 gear.