The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• InstantDnB
    InstantDnB
    ✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Reduced Global cooldown on Biting Jabs? WTF??? Wasnt the whole Global Cooldown an unintended thing??

they lie to us everyday yet we still come back for more.

Tony Tut Tiger - Templar [Tank] - A.D.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game still has a hilarious amount of issues for being released for 2-3 months, already.

This better be the mother of all patches... or... if it doesn't get better... not even the mighty Zenimaxipad will be able to stop the bleeding!

• Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phantorang wrote: »
    Reduced Global cooldown on Biting Jabs? WTF??? Wasnt the whole Global Cooldown an unintended thing??

The dev who posts the patch notes is a master of word play and deception, and it really ticks me off. Nothing against them personally, I'm sure they are just following their marching orders.

I really wish Zenimax would just be honest and forthright with us. Is that too much to ask? This really isn't cool.

Edited by Mortosk on June 2, 2014 6:27AM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Truno wrote: »
    Selodaoc wrote: »
    Veil is only good for multiple targets. Theres much better ultis for ST.

I rather see they fix skills players actually use instead of trying to force us to use rejected skills.
    We only have 2x5 hotbar slots we can use. We already have our preferance.

Pretty much ALL NB skills needs huge DPS increases.
    Melee ST DPS is very weak as it is, so thats were their main priority should be.

Theres so many skills in Nb class skill lines that has no synergy with the Nb overall.

Only a thing like Suprise attack/Concealed doing less damage then 2h charged attack, and only a little bit more then Ambush is severly wacked.
    Sup/Conc should definatly be the hardest hitting skill from stealth.
    It is our "backstab" and should do damage accordingly.

Veil is good for any amount. If 1v1ing anyone especially a melee opponent it prevents then from coming in so you can just range them down while you take zero damage. It is actually one of the best ultimates imo. Surprise attack is fine it does decent damage and you can stun lock them.some nb skills definately need work but the biggest problem is stamina based melee builds and their damage output.

My Surprise Attacks crits for around 1k to 1.5k from stealth in pvp vs. another roughly equal level player (can't remember if that is with Reaper's Mark or not... though I think not) but I'm in all light armor with +13 spell dmg on all my jewelry and approx. 2k max magicka and using a resto staff. This same ability will one shot (or almost one shot, followed by Impale) the V5 mobs out there in pvp.

I agree with you on Veil. My Veil of Blades does 110 damage every 0.5 seconds for 17.3 seconds. That comes to roughly 3740 if they are inside it the entire time. Soul Assault deals about 3400 for me over 3.9 seconds. Even though Veil costs more Ultimate, its worth it even on single targets, especially because it also reduces the damage I take by 60% while I stand in it.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    This game still has a hilarious amount of issues for being released for 2-3 months, already.

This better be the mother of all patches... or... if it doesn't get better... not even the mighty Zenimaxipad will be able to stop the bleeding!

Its a mini patch, don't expect so much of it. Tho, its a motherlode for anyone who likes playing in cyrodil.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running DirectX 11 and the ghosties are transparent to me. These notes say that it will be fixing the transparency issues for those of us with DirectX 9. So this patch won't fix this issue for me? Note: I'm running AMD GPU w/ latest stable drivers.

Got the same problem, its not a big problem but its there yes for sure
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. Potions heal fine but NBs are too squishy to last between potions. Also Path of Darkness damage slightly increased, even with double the damage it's not worth giving a slot to.

Quite. I'd say these changes were ill thought out but i don't think that much work was put into them. Changes that in practice make no difference whatsoever, but will no doubt break some useful stuff that is working.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better believe once they "fix" their skills, they will still complain if someone ever manages to kill them. And will remain unhappy until most of their skills are sure-fire 1-shots from stealth.

And I believe you bite the heads off kittens. Hey - this Making Up Unsupported Nonsense Game is fun. Let's all play.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better believe once they "fix" their skills, they will still complain if someone ever manages to kill them. And will remain unhappy until most of their skills are sure-fire 1-shots from stealth.

And I believe you bite the heads off kittens. Hey - this Making Up Unsupported Nonsense Game is fun. Let's all play.

No i bite the heads off snakes. You were close tho.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Dayv wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. Potions heal fine but NBs are too squishy to last between potions. Also Path of Darkness damage slightly increased, even with double the damage it's not worth giving a slot to.

Quite. I'd say these changes were ill thought out but i don't think that much work was put into them. Changes that in practice make no difference whatsoever, but will no doubt break some useful stuff that is working.

Honestly, I would be interested to know what you mean by "squishy". My V12 Nightblade has roughly 2k health and almost 900 armor (over 2k armor for 4 sec after coming out of stealth or invis) in all light and the only time I get "squishy" is when I take on too many mobs at once.

I would also like to know if you are using any morph of Strife at all if you are that "squishy" between potions. I've been in pvp and had to be beat down by 3+ players because I was standing inside of Veil of Blades (60% damage reduction) and spamming Funnel Health. Heck, one on one and spamming Funnel Health has been fun... they sit there beating on me while I block and cast at the same time until they get low enough for me to switch to Impale.

Edit Here: Well, Catalyst was supposed to work like this... but after testing it doesn't...

"Also remember that the new 30% increase to potions works for the Alchemy potions as well; increasing the amount of spell crit, spell power, weapon crit, weapon power and such they give."
    Edited by dragnier on June 3, 2014 8:02PM
  • ARtChi
    ARtChi
    ✭✭✭
    So the only change in this patch is a nerf of templar only reliable source of domages ?
    Yeah, it was absolutly necessary to nerf templar... It was so OP...
    Are you out of your mind ZOS ?!?
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ARtChi wrote: »
    So the only change in this patch is a nerf of templar only reliable source of domages ?

The only thing that could have possibly motivated them to take this kind of drastic action would be the fact that 90% of bots use this ability and they are at all out war with the bots right now. It's about time they tried to do something about the bots considering they haven't even been showing up to the battles much less losing the war on bots up until this point.

But, they made a FATAL error doing this, if the reason was really to just combat bots, and they are going to pay with subscription losses. Of that, I am sure. No, I'm not being overly dramatic here. People will leave the game over this. What they did--It's more than going a step too far, it's bordering on comedy that they even went here. Or, a Greek tragedy, depending on whether or not you are a melee DPS Templar.

The nerf was bad enough, but the way they handled it was worse. The fact that they covered up what they were changing (i.e., adding a Global cooldown and not documenting it in the patch notes - then saying they were going to "REDUCE" the global cooldown they never acknowledged adding in the first place?!?!?)

They didn't even document the change in the 1.1.2 original patch notes, they posted a followup after there was an uproar on the forums over the fact that they completely FUBAR'd Templars. Everyone thought it was just some horrible bug at first. But, then Jessica responded and apologized for accidentally omitting this change from the patch notes, and said all they added was a 0.7 seconds to the INTERNAL cooldown. She said they would revert it in 1.1.3 and instead slightly increase the resource cost. She said NOTHING about them adding a GLOBAL cooldown in the 1.1.2 patch notes. Now they say they are just going to "REDUCE" the GCD and still add the increased resource cost??? Again, this is the global cooldown they never acknowledged adding in the first place! Nothing but word games and deception! This was handled very poorly.

Consider the fact that they are not even the slightest bit focused on class balancing right now. They are so far from worrying about that with all the crippling and game breaking bugs they have yet to begin addressing. Then, out of the blue, they swoosh down and smite Templars with the mighty nerf hammer? It doesn't compute.
    Edited by Mortosk on June 2, 2014 7:37AM
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • Mallius
    Mallius
    Is there any news on when the group phasing fix is on the way? :) my friends are majorly dropping behind and getting bored of not being able to play with me! And I mean in the towns that have phases I don't mean dungeons or pvp etc I mean questing when we get phased out of each other and can't play together :)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mykah wrote: »
    20 Mage Mercs spawned by one player?

Talons being un-blockable?

Standard of Might still OP?

Bolt Escape still spammable 10+ times?

Critical Surge is still the best healing in game while also buffing damage?

Overload still giving 15 ability slots to sorcs?

Root still prevents free look for players?

Block still negating CC from behind?

Come on guys...

Agree with some, disagree with others. It just sounds to me you want everything nerfed. Class balance can be achieved by buffing too not just nerfing.

Mercs: The current issue is you can spawn more than 20 per keep/resource and some of them bug out and become untargettable while they still do dmg. When the bug gets fixed we can re-evaluate, though I'm not a big fan of NPCs in PvP.

Talons: Talons is an AoE soft CC and as such the CC part is unblockable by nature. Like Encase (sorc), Clatrops, Cinder Storm (DK) and Lotus Fan (NB) among others. Not sure why you'd want to nerf the AoE CC of a melee class (which needs it more than any other class) and leave all the others unaffected?

Standard :Standard is OP as compared to other ulties. It's the other ulties that should be buffed not the standard nerfed. An ultie is by definition an OP skill that cannot be used at will.

Critical Surge: Nothing wrong with Crit Surge. Sorcs gotta have a mid-combat heal. It's the only one they got.

Bolt Escape: The major complaint for BE is that it can get you out of any snare/CC because it's a Teleport. Which means there's no way to counter it, no way to hold a sorc down at all. There has to be some way for you to hold a sorc if you play it right, as there is a way for the sorc to escape if you don't play it right.

Overload: Not sure what you're talking about, so I reserve judgement. I haven't experienced anything like that on my sorc alt.

Root: Not sure what the problem is. If you're rooted, you're rooted you can't turn around. Why is it a big deal?

Block: Block should be 180 degrees for single target attacks and 360 for non-directional AoE attacks like Pulsar, Lighting Splash, Ulties etc.

EU | PC | AD
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    ARtChi wrote: »

This I think was one of their way to combat the overpowered Bots without much foresight of the impact imo.

Melee mechanics overall seems to the main issues in all classes really.
    Lock ups, unresponsiveness and all I think really only occur when we go melee, rarely an issue in any staff mode play.
  • Veshal
    Veshal
    ✭✭✭
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

Not quite sure why this would need anther fix anyways.

Veshal of Elderblade
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    Why don't you change catalyst so it reduce the cool-down period for potion instead of the current change? Atm healing like 45 more hits every 30 seconds is not worth any skill points.

You actually use healing pots in combat ?? I have a few in my bags to help heal when I get away other than that I only have stam/weapon crit pots and detect stealth in quick slots. The bonus from catalyst when added to the 30% from alchemy is quite nice for the potions that buff attacks. Depending on how it works its ether 6 or 7 sec added onto the 10sec standard nearly doubling the duration.
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
  • Nuksuu
    Nuksuu
    ✭✭✭
    I get tired of even asking...but I can't help myself. Werewolves?
    @Nuksuu - Werewolf Rights Advocate
    • Ursi Yarsbruk - Nord Night Blade (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    • Ingrid Tralvheim - Nord Templar (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    "There is endless humour in seeing a guy in dress, waving a piece of wood around, skip through the daisies leaving an endless trail of corpses whilst I, encased in protective steel from head to toe, sheltering behind a shield with a pointy metal weapon am beaten into oblivion by three enemies."
  • jvh808
    jvh808
    ✭✭
    All I see in these comments from nearly every single person who is unwilling to branch out and try something different with their respective class is the lack of willingness to use the one aspect of being a human that no other being has... Adapt and overcome! Templars, seriously crying over one skill that hurts their damage output, when that skill is the primary move the botters are using to kill everything outright? Nightblades are by far the most hindered class out there. We went a long time with complete unresponsiveness, and still we pushed through it only to have a major nerfing of an already underdog class, at least the greater majority of NBs were nerfed, while myself and a select few NBs I know actually had our dps double and in a few cases like mine, it was tripled! Seriously though, all the griping and sending unnecessary tickets, trying to get free gametime and any other possible way you can distract the devs from their job is simply dragging out all of these fixes into an even longer timeframe. Open your ticket, inform a dev what is going on with the class/skill/bot/loot/anything wrong, and move on! Sending more tickets for the same exact thing or escalating a ticket because you feel you deserve something more than the rest of us do, is just plain asinine and only shows your level of maturity and how you perceive yourself against everyone else. Slow down your gameplay, there is no rush to get to the end game content, don't be in 5 trade guilds... be in 1 maybe 2 and join social guilds and make friends and people you enjoy joking and talking with, that's what a community does, and all MMOs are about an in game community, whether it be an alliance of guilds hitting PvP or a nice rivary as long as it is not only about bashing everyone who thinks or does things differently than you. I think this game is beginning to take a dive, and I don't think the Devs are responsible, they are doing a fantastic job of fixing things as they see them. We may not know every motive they have regarding a fix or patch, and we certainly should not know every single detail. As for patch notes missing changes, I agree it is a little aggravating, however writing up that list, ensuring wording is correct is quite a task and it is very easy to miss something here and there. Have patience and above all, never forget that ultimate human trait that let us span the globe, live in every climate on Earth and even visit space, ADAPTABILITY! Thank you, please return to your regularly scheduled time killer while you wait for the servers to come back online!
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah are you guys going to post the OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES SOMETIME BEFORE SERVER RESTART
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    jvh808 wrote: »
    All I see in these comments from nearly every single person who is unwilling to branch out and try something different with their respective class is the lack of willingness to use the one aspect of being a human that no other being has... Adapt and overcome! Templars, seriously crying over one skill that hurts their damage output, when that skill is the primary move the botters are using to kill everything outright? Nightblades are by far the most hindered class out there. We went a long time with complete unresponsiveness, and still we pushed through it only to have a major nerfing of an already underdog class, at least the greater majority of NBs were nerfed, while myself and a select few NBs I know actually had our dps double and in a few cases like mine, it was tripled! Seriously though, all the griping and sending unnecessary tickets, trying to get free gametime and any other possible way you can distract the devs from their job is simply dragging out all of these fixes into an even longer timeframe. Open your ticket, inform a dev what is going on with the class/skill/bot/loot/anything wrong, and move on! Sending more tickets for the same exact thing or escalating a ticket because you feel you deserve something more than the rest of us do, is just plain asinine and only shows your level of maturity and how you perceive yourself against everyone else. Slow down your gameplay, there is no rush to get to the end game content, don't be in 5 trade guilds... be in 1 maybe 2 and join social guilds and make friends and people you enjoy joking and talking with, that's what a community does, and all MMOs are about an in game community, whether it be an alliance of guilds hitting PvP or a nice rivary as long as it is not only about bashing everyone who thinks or does things differently than you. I think this game is beginning to take a dive, and I don't think the Devs are responsible, they are doing a fantastic job of fixing things as they see them. We may not know every motive they have regarding a fix or patch, and we certainly should not know every single detail. As for patch notes missing changes, I agree it is a little aggravating, however writing up that list, ensuring wording is correct is quite a task and it is very easy to miss something here and there. Have patience and above all, never forget that ultimate human trait that let us span the globe, live in every climate on Earth and even visit space, ADAPTABILITY! Thank you, please return to your regularly scheduled time killer while you wait for the servers to come back online!

Maybe i am slow but for sure i don't understand you. You said that since ZOS introduced some changes - your NB output tripled ? Is that what u say ? I am not doubting you or anything but i would like to know more details so i can improve my game. Would you be so kind to share with me what build you are running at this moment ? I simply can't see all those changes introduced by ZOS which could make your damage tripled.
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    Beth/Zeni is doing pretty good job with the game if you ask me. Too many people expect this game to be perfect (to them) with the snap of a finger, well sorry, it takes time to perfect things. eg. EVE & Counter Strike have been around for quite a while and they both are still to this day being tweaked for balance purposes. Have some patience people.

Relax, and try an Ale.

This game is awesome and I have thoroughly enjoyed it up to this point, and I can see the future to be very promising.
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Are the patch notes up yet?
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    SluggoV2 wrote: »
    Relax, and try an Ale.
    http://imgur.com/LRSYHEELRSYHEE.jpg

• seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No i bite the heads off snakes. You were close tho.

steveb16_ESO46 doesn't bite the heads off of anything. Apparently his NB is so weak he can barely chew food.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • aidevelopmentb16_ESO
    Hey... anybody remember how the devs were busy fixing a memory leak problem? First on Mac, then PC. Anybody notice a dev publish patch notes? No? That's because they don't, they're far too busy coding.

I've noticed an awful lot of work the Devs have put in, since day 1 pre-release. Keep it up guys, good job. Don't let these kids whining about their class discourage you.
    @CatoTheElder
    Moon Sugar Traders Inc - GM
    Guild Website
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's cool...you'll be patching the game while I'm playing Wildstar

If they don't get off their asses within the next month, I'm gonna unsub and go to Wildstar or back to GW2, at least those games have devs and customer support teams that pay attention to their player base

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Language]

Good luck trying to log into Wildstar. Broken launch! Least ESO launch you could log in with no wait.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.

What is this garbage? A global cooldown AND increased resource cost? This is NOT what we were promised.

Time to say goodbye to the rest of your Templar subs.

Glad NBs got some love though.

Wow so they make an ability better for Templars and you cry? Maybe you should go.
  • Qael
    Qael
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you change catalyst so it reduce the cool-down period for potion instead of the current change? Atm healing like 45 more hits every 30 seconds is not worth any skill points.

Because the rest of us would rather not use even more potions that we already are.

• ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Wow so they make an ability better for Templars and you cry? Maybe you should go.

Better would mean it was better than the original. Its not.

Its just a little less reduced in their infantile attempts to deal with bots.