The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch v.1.1.3 Preview

• Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.

Pressing the sprint key (SHIFT by default) cancels bow attacks

You know, in all the time I've played with a bow night blade I've never realized that would do the trick. I'll give it a try and pass it along to anyone having that issue once I've confirmed it in game after the maintenance. Thank you for the info.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    They can't fix everything at once people.

Vampire cost reductions have been broken since beta.
  • Prettiboi
    Prettiboi
    ✭✭✭
    Relyk04 wrote: »
    Has there been a fix for cancelling the bow draw? Admittedly, I've eagerly drawn my bow at a mob and realized I'm not prepared to fight them. At it stands, I can only get out of range before releasing my arrow to avoid the conflict.

Tbh I wish they changed it so it auto-releases when fully charged like all the other weapons when keeping mouse button down , works that way for staves and when you know that it works like that you won't draw until you're ready
    AND you maximize your dps because you won't over/under-draw.

I realize that won't be a popular decision for the "elder scrolls franchise veteran" at first but it will help archers in the long run , doing more damage on single target mobs.

You should only be using light attacks with your bow for maximum dps. Heavy attacks for bows are terrible dps.
    PrettiBoi
    Daggerfall Covenant
    No Mercy PVP Guild -- Former Emperor
    Awaken PVE Guild -- DC's Fastest AA & Hel Ra Times
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryfe wrote: »
    Well i hoped that there will be something mentioned about the 301 error. I am afraid to login and then getting it again.

(i know that this patchnote is not final)
    @Ryfe‌

I've only ever seen this issue once and it corresponded with the the timing of the European server being taken down for maintenance. So my question for you is are you playing on both servers, or more specifically do you have characters created on both the NA and EU? I do have one on EU and was wondering if perhaps the error had to do with the manner in which the servers are taken offline. Specifically because the same account applies to both of them. This is purely speculation on my part and due only to the coincidence in timing during the one time that I experienced this error. I was able to resolve the issue for the day by completely closing out the game client and rebooting my PC. I then was able to log back in with out a problem and have not experienced it again. However since having experienced it no EU maintenance has occurred, or rather started while I was online. In any case was just wondering if you could either corroborate or disprove my theory. Tnx.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are valid complaints

And then there are most of the forum posts in this thread..

• Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    THESE NIGHTBLADE BUFFS ARE *** MASSIVE HOLY ***!

Our best dps ult can now crit... GG.

Spell damage/crit potions now 30% better?! *** jesus!

Path of darkness no longer useless (maybe) *** aie!

THANK YOU ZENIMAX YOU SEXY *** ***! I LOVE YOU!
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prettiboi wrote: »
    Relyk04 wrote: »

Tbh I wish they changed it so it auto-releases when fully charged like all the other weapons when keeping mouse button down , works that way for staves and when you know that it works like that you won't draw until you're ready
    AND you maximize your dps because you won't over/under-draw.

I realize that won't be a popular decision for the "elder scrolls franchise veteran" at first but it will help archers in the long run , doing more damage on single target mobs.

You should only be using light attacks with your bow for maximum dps. Heavy attacks for bows are terrible dps.

I disagree, your opening attack should always be a heavy attack while using a bow as you have all the time in the world prior to initiating combat. Light attacks do facilitate better mobility during fights where you're having to stay out of the way of heavy hitting mobs. However I've found that a combo between spamming heavy attacks with a well timed venom arrow will stack on top of each other nicely making each rotation hit for a ton by comparison. But it really does depend on your setup and what other abilities you are utilizing, for many setups I can see heavy attacks feeling like they are just robbing you of one or two spells per weapon draw. For me the ideal setup with a bow is to stack up as many instant cast dots as possible fed along side a steady diet of heavy attacks. This works best when utilizing a heavy crit build of course.

• McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool until you find out veil of blades scales off of spell crit lol
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    People are able to crouch and put down the cyrodil mercs and they are invincible I say disable mercs till this fixed, They are being abused and cannot be killed if being put down while crouched I will not say this a third time.
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they 'accidentally' delete another campaign or five in this patch.

• Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »
    Cool until you find out veil of blades scales off of spell crit lol

Which is a good thing, since all viable dps builds for nighblades use spell crit anyway.. This patch is frigging massive for nightblade dps, Im predicting 20% dps increases or more coupled with the boost we get to spellcrit/power potions!
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Puncturing Strikes: Reduced the global cooldown triggered after this ability is used, and slightly increased the ability resource cost. This change impacts Puncturing Strikes and all its morphs.
    This seems to be already fixed on the EU server (stealth fix during Friday Downtime). Chances are they are fixing it during Saturday downtime on NA server right now.

All I can say is: Right now, there is no delay between consecutive uses of Puncturing Strike or any of it's morphs on the EU megaserver. It still has a rather long animation/channeleing time, but follow up abilities fire normally from there.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Axewaffle wrote: »

Path of darkness no longer useless (maybe) *** aie!

Most likely not...

P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Please raise Templar's magicka regen overcharge or give us a skill that helps us refill magicka. We always run out extremely fast and we have no skill or passive that helps us like other classes do.

totally agree, how come my lvl 30 sorc can just keep spam healing and my vet 10 templer which is primarily the healing class, struggles and is forced to use equilibrate
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Equilibrium *
  • Axewaffle
    Axewaffle
    ✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Please raise Templar's magicka regen overcharge or give us a skill that helps us refill magicka. We always run out extremely fast and we have no skill or passive that helps us like other classes do.

totally agree, how come my lvl 30 sorc can just keep spam healing and my vet 10 templer which is primarily the healing class, struggles and is forced to use equilibrate

Not a primary healing class fyi, sorcs and nightblades compete with this roll just as well.

Also equilibrium is a universal skill, everyone has access to it, and most people use it. If you are having magicka issues use it, or find something else to manage your resources, like stacking spell cost reduction enchants.
  • Ryfe
    Ryfe
    ✭✭
    @Corithna I have Chars on both servers, activly Playing on the EU server.
    Just got the NA toon because i wasnt able to login for 3 Days... and i need my daily fix of ESO lol ^^
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Axewaffle wrote: »
    Not a primary healing class fyi, sorcs and nightblades compete with this roll just as well.

Yeah, I really don't get where people get this "Templar = Healer" stuff from - just look at the Templar skill lines, with skills like Vampire's Bane, for example... And look at how the Templar is shown on the character creation screens - heavy armour and two-handed weapons. Seems pretty clear they intended the Templar to be more like a Paladin/Vampire Hunter class, or something like the D&D Clerics, or LoTRO Captains... Or the traditional TES Crusader class...
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »

Every caster uses Spell Symmetry/Equilibrium...

If you only use resto staff skills with your Templar, pick morphs for magicka regen, you will be able to spam heal as well.

Only difference between sorc and templar sustained is 5% magicka cost and 10% recovery, from passives.

Templar heals are more powerful than HoT's from resto staff. Therefore they cost more magicka. If a Templar could spam their class heals, than healing in this game would be rather overwhelming.

Templars do need some buffing, but certainly not when it comes to healing.

Topic: Was really hoping for a fix regarding the immortal mages in PvP. Taking on 20+ extra NPC's that keeps spawning, cant be killed or targeted, makes it next to impossible to take keeps unless you have a zerg. But I guess we need a wait a few weeks for that one.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Seems Zenimax is already running a skeleton crew for fixes :neutral_face:
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    subecsanur wrote: »
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    They can't fix everything at once people.
    But they seem to break a lot of things all at once with one patch.
    Too many variables and methods serving 2 or more mostly unrelated purposes in the game code. This becomes a tangled mess to the point where one change inadvertently breaks something else that was supposed to be unrelated enough but the change was made too deep in the method stack or was made to a variable that is shared too much.
    Ryfe wrote: »
    @Corithna I have Chars on both servers, activly Playing on the EU server.
    Just got the NA toon because i wasnt able to login for 3 Days... and i need my daily fix of ESO lol ^^
    I have two clients, one for EU and another for US. Often I find one breaks badly on patches while the other one has no problem (the US installation always breaks on the big patches & have to reinstall)
    Edited by glak on May 31, 2014 2:52PM
  • subecsanur
    subecsanur
    ✭✭✭
    Any consideration of maybe fixing looting distance and why it was changed in the first place? Don't tell me you want us to use a loot addon now also?
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that the NA server is back up, are these now the "Official" patch notes?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Here is what it says in the _first paragraph_ of the _first post_: We’re still working on finalizing the complete patch notes, but we wanted to share some of the highlights with you now
    Highlights - in other words - there WILL be more stuff in the patch.
    Geeez, can NOBODY read anymore???

Why read a full comment when they can pick a phrase at random to rage about. How else are they supposed to feel important ? Lol
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magnys wrote: »
    Wondering WHEN they are going to fix the HUGE memory leak issue. Since they released 1.2 (Craglorn) the game (and my PC) have crashed more times than I care to count.

You're commenting in a thread about the upcoming patch, 1.1.3. So 1.2 isn't until next month, are you from the future? Cause they hot fixed the recent memory leak days ago. You silly time travelers!
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    sonofzeus wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

Ummm Probably cause it aint broken !!!!

LOL! THANK YOU. MADE MY DAY.
    not broken he says... yeah lets just teleport wildly around, stunning everything in our path... definitely not broken, no...

Mages are filthy hobbitses.

Not broken, just obnoxious lol
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eivar wrote: »
    Wondering WHEN they are going to fix the HUGE memory leak issue. Since they released 1.2 (Craglorn) the game (and my PC) have crashed more times than I care to count.

You're commenting in a thread about the upcoming patch, 1.1.3. So 1.2 isn't until next month, are you from the future? Cause they hot fixed the recent memory leak days ago. You silly time travelers!

He wrote Craglorn in parenthesis, was it really that difficult to understand that he meant 1.1.2? Or did you just have to troll?
  • ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey @ZOS_JasonL‌ instead of moderating my forum posts for inappropriate language why not go moderate the dev team and actually get them to do something more than once every 2 weeks. Like seriously this game has been out for almost 2 months now and I feel like it's still in beta. Why not get real PTS players who actually know how to test stuff and report it and get devs who actually know how to code and design a game properly. WHY AM I PAYING TO BETA TEST THIS GAME, gonna give it another month then gonna unsub.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming

• Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Eivar wrote: »

He wrote Craglorn in parenthesis, was it really that difficult to understand that he meant 1.1.2? Or did you just have to troll?

Just playing off my point that people don't pay attention to anything, they just want to rage. Lol
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    sonofzeus wrote: »
    Amesiel wrote: »
    I don't see a fix for bolt escape.

Ummm Probably cause it aint broken !!!!

It is broken, Mist Form is supposed to be as fast as Bolt Escape, It isn't. Therefor, Bolt Escape needs a nerf or Mist Form needs a fix. The devs will chose Bolt Escape before they focus on Mist Form again.